Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Holloway 18:16 - Dec 9 with 39366 viewsJogo

Thank you for your effort as both player and manager over the years...but will you please now f@ck off.
Mr Holloway on 12:58 - Dec 17 with 3357 viewsPinnerPaul

Mr Holloway on 07:54 - Dec 17 by Lblock

I’m sad to say that Ollies race is run

Have you seen his post match from yesterday? He looks bloody awful and reminds me of the last time he departed after the Queens Park Strangers debacle
Let’s face it; we just about beat the current worst team in the division who have so little confidence they look like Bambi in open ground on the first day of the hunting season. We needed a young left back, playing CB, held together with gaffa tape, to pop up with his first two senior goals ever to see us home. We allowed Brum to dictate for large periods and our lack of pace was evident again. Brum fans are amazed they got their 11th goal of the season and also feel we are the worst side they’ve had at St Andrews this year (after their own). It doesn’t bode well.

Very, very sad and worrying; I hope Ollie comes out of this okay on a personal level.

As shouted from the rooftops, what happens next? We are severely limited as to what type of Manager will come in due to constrictions at the club
I do, of course, trace culpability for all this back to Bungles door. The sad fact is we had the Manager we needed at the club back in November last year; it’s just that meant the end of Sir Les IF we’d of appointed him
He’s now leading a squad of limited players on an amazing run and getting 1,000% out of them by playing to their strengths and keeping things simple. He’s added shrewd buys for not a lot of dosh and got a blend of pace, muscle and skill; Christ, he’s even getting a tune out of Junior WC.
And we let him go.......

I still hope Ollie can turn this around but my head screams he’s a broken man and we’re in for more pain and heartache

Here we go

All last week people on here were saying wins against decent teams Wolves and Sheff Utd were 'lucky'

Now we have a 'deserved' win and the team we beat isn't good enough and Ollie didn't look well enough in the post match!

Mr Holloway on 13:23 - Dec 17 with 3315 viewsTacticalR

Mr Holloway on 12:39 - Dec 17 by LythamR

who says it was a fair offer?, i have never seen the specific details, if the mittals had really wanted it they could have upped it a fiver couldnt they? i mean if they really wanted it.

There is a bit about this in Bower's 2011 biography of Ecclestone (presumably the information came from Ecclestone):
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/194954/bernie-the-

Air hostess clique

Mr Holloway on 13:37 - Dec 17 with 3278 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 12:58 - Dec 17 by PinnerPaul

Here we go

All last week people on here were saying wins against decent teams Wolves and Sheff Utd were 'lucky'

Now we have a 'deserved' win and the team we beat isn't good enough and Ollie didn't look well enough in the post match!

Some people on here when we lose

[Post edited 17 Dec 2017 13:39]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mr Holloway on 13:44 - Dec 17 with 3259 viewsDorse

Mr Holloway on 13:37 - Dec 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

To be fair, they do that when we win. Or draw, for that matter.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mr Holloway on 13:59 - Dec 17 with 3240 viewsPinnerPaul

Mr Holloway on 13:37 - Dec 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 14:23 - Dec 17 with 3208 viewsTacticalR

Getting through to the end of a season as QPR manager is one of the most difficult achievements in the modern game.

Air hostess clique

Mr Holloway on 16:16 - Dec 17 with 3129 viewsLythamR

Mr Holloway on 13:23 - Dec 17 by TacticalR

There is a bit about this in Bower's 2011 biography of Ecclestone (presumably the information came from Ecclestone):
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/194954/bernie-the-

Thanks for that TacticalR
Mr Holloway on 17:15 - Dec 17 with 3060 viewsGloucs_R

Glad we won.....we either need to turn the corner pretty bloody sharpish or this thread will run until he's gone.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Holloway on 00:56 - Dec 18 with 2934 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mr Holloway on 12:39 - Dec 17 by LythamR

who says it was a fair offer?, i have never seen the specific details, if the mittals had really wanted it they could have upped it a fiver couldnt they? i mean if they really wanted it.

If you've never seen the details then why are you even arguing the point? Do your research then type.
Mr Holloway on 01:15 - Dec 18 with 2930 viewsPunteR

Mr Holloway on 00:56 - Dec 18 by Benny_the_Ball

If you've never seen the details then why are you even arguing the point? Do your research then type.

Why are you arguing the point.? You've never seen the details either.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2017 1:18]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mr Holloway on 01:24 - Dec 18 with 2923 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mr Holloway on 12:45 - Dec 17 by PinnerPaul

Hooray! As you say how many more times - if one of the top 10 richest families in the world want to buy something - anything - they will buy it.

They didn't/don't want to!

It was well documented that they made an offer but it was rejected as too low. Shortly after, T&C sold their stake to Fernandes & co for not very much more.

Just because the Mittals are rich doesn't mean they should pay over the odds, especially to T&C. Can you imagine how galling it would have been to overpay to those gits? Moreover, QPR required significant expenditure just to make them competitive in the Premier League so it was important to purchase at a keen price.
Mr Holloway on 09:12 - Dec 18 with 2805 viewsCiderwithRsie

Mr Holloway on 01:24 - Dec 18 by Benny_the_Ball

It was well documented that they made an offer but it was rejected as too low. Shortly after, T&C sold their stake to Fernandes & co for not very much more.

Just because the Mittals are rich doesn't mean they should pay over the odds, especially to T&C. Can you imagine how galling it would have been to overpay to those gits? Moreover, QPR required significant expenditure just to make them competitive in the Premier League so it was important to purchase at a keen price.

Just because the Mittals are rich doesn't mean they should pay over the odds, especially to T&C. Can you imagine how galling it would have been to overpay to those gits?

Exactly. They'd pulled T&C's chestnuts out of a fire the pillocks had lit themselves and then were being ripped off. I bet they refused on principle. Fernandes was desperate to own a football club, the Mittals weren't (let alone QPR fans), they only got involved because they were mates with T & C, which probably pissed them off even more when asked to pay too much.

It can't be said too often that what Fernandes is/was willing to pay to get into football is not a measure of a fair price.
Mr Holloway on 10:42 - Dec 18 with 2758 viewsLythamR

Mr Holloway on 01:24 - Dec 18 by Benny_the_Ball

I do plenty of reading. but i have never seen the fine details of bids and offers, have you? or are you going on the tidbits speculation and ITK waffle that abounds and is treated by some as fact.

I can understand them not wanting to pay over the odds as businessmen but my argument is that if they "ReallyReally" wanted to buy the club then they could have done.

Which is why i am tired of all the hand wringing and if onlys about amitt and the mittals and feel perfectly entitled to say so on an open forum
Mr Holloway on 11:09 - Dec 18 with 2733 viewsTheBlob

Yes!
It was a glorious victory that will be writ large in words of flame a thousand yards high.
I think we should now give Olly a 10 year extension to his contract.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mr Holloway on 11:12 - Dec 18 with 2724 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 11:09 - Dec 18 by TheBlob

Yes!
It was a glorious victory that will be writ large in words of flame a thousand yards high.
I think we should now give Olly a 10 year extension to his contract.

No no no let's have a new manager every year or 6 months whichever you prefer.

Or the club could have a raffle each season for all ST'S and members, the winner can be manager themselves or can pick a new one.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2017 11:20]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mr Holloway on 12:22 - Dec 18 with 2638 viewsR_from_afar

Mr Holloway on 12:58 - Dec 17 by PinnerPaul

Here we go

I was at the Wolves game. No way was it lucky. Every Rangers player put in a performance worth a minimum of 8/10. Wolves played pretty well too and threatened a lot, it wasn't a poor performance by them, we were just better.

I'd love to see us play that well again, very soon, and ideally against a relegation threatened team (if doing that against *every* team is not possible), for the sake of our own survival prospects.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mr Holloway on 13:16 - Dec 18 with 2610 viewsDorse

Mr Holloway on 12:22 - Dec 18 by R_from_afar

I was at the Wolves game. No way was it lucky. Every Rangers player put in a performance worth a minimum of 8/10. Wolves played pretty well too and threatened a lot, it wasn't a poor performance by them, we were just better.

I'd love to see us play that well again, very soon, and ideally against a relegation threatened team (if doing that against *every* team is not possible), for the sake of our own survival prospects.

RFA

I honestly think that Ollie's team selection for Saturday was pretty close to his ideal First XI. Hopefully we'll see Sylla get a bit more game time.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mr Holloway on 17:37 - Dec 18 with 2513 viewsPinnerPaul

Mr Holloway on 10:42 - Dec 18 by LythamR

I do plenty of reading. but i have never seen the fine details of bids and offers, have you? or are you going on the tidbits speculation and ITK waffle that abounds and is treated by some as fact.

I can understand them not wanting to pay over the odds as businessmen but my argument is that if they "ReallyReally" wanted to buy the club then they could have done.

Which is why i am tired of all the hand wringing and if onlys about amitt and the mittals and feel perfectly entitled to say so on an open forum

Exactly!

QPR Holdings is like ANY public limited company, it can be bought at any time.

That applies to hostile take overs as well, which in this case it wouldn't have been/ would be as the Mittals are already part owners.

If they wanted to buy more/all of the club they could have done/do at any time.
Mr Holloway on 18:52 - Dec 18 with 2458 viewskensalriser

I don't think QPR Holdings Ltd is a public company.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mr Holloway on 18:49 - Dec 19 with 2229 viewsPinnerPaul

Mr Holloway on 18:52 - Dec 18 by kensalriser

Publishs accounts so must be.

The P in PLC stands for public!
Mr Holloway on 19:23 - Dec 19 with 2198 viewskensalriser

Mr Holloway on 18:49 - Dec 19 by PinnerPaul

Publishs accounts so must be.

The P in PLC stands for public!

It's not a PLC: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03197756

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Mr Holloway on 15:08 - Dec 20 with 2066 viewsPinnerPaul

Mr Holloway on 18:52 - Dec 18 by kensalriser

Apologies - you're correct.

QPR Holdings and QPR FC are both private limited companies.

My point is still valid though - the Mittals own 11% of QPR Holdings, if they wanted to buy another 40% they would/could have at any time.
Mr Holloway on 20:11 - Dec 20 with 1992 viewsToast_R

Clement SACKED. Anyone wanna twist again?
Mr Holloway on 22:31 - Dec 20 with 1929 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mr Holloway on 15:08 - Dec 20 by PinnerPaul

Apologies - you're correct.

QPR Holdings and QPR FC are both private limited companies.

My point is still valid though - the Mittals own 11% of QPR Holdings, if they wanted to buy another 40% they would/could have at any time.

It's completely invalid. Mittal previously held a greater share and attempted to buy more when T&C decided to sell. Once T&C sold their stake to Fernandes, Mittal later reduced his stake to 11% (unsurprising given the way the club was being run). But let's not let the facts get in the way of your agenda, hey.
Mr Holloway on 22:32 - Dec 20 with 1926 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mr Holloway on 20:11 - Dec 20 by Toast_R

Clement SACKED. Anyone wanna twist again?

Like we did last Winter?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024