Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Holloway 18:16 - Dec 9 with 39396 viewsJogo

Thank you for your effort as both player and manager over the years...but will you please now f@ck off.
Mr Holloway on 22:58 - Dec 9 with 3373 viewsJamesB1979

With FFP owners said thry’d Pay it. If we go down to league 1 and 2 steps away from the premiership will they stick around? My worry is that the owners would leave with this FFP still not resolved.
Mr Holloway on 23:10 - Dec 9 with 3332 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 22:54 - Dec 9 by Gloucs_R

Heart says stay, head says go.

The squad aren't this bad. Injuries accepted but he just keeps persevering with under performing players.

We've been poor under Ollie since he came back apart from a few lucky wins. The lads show character but zero tactically knowledge. His selection up front 😨

God you talk some crap

We have been really good at times, it was only a few games ago we looked like we could push for the top 6, it's not been so good result wish since but to say we have poor since he came back is a stupid statement

Don't matter who he picks up front, they are all poor

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mr Holloway on 23:12 - Dec 9 with 3325 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mr Holloway on 22:58 - Dec 9 by JamesB1979

With FFP owners said thry’d Pay it. If we go down to league 1 and 2 steps away from the premiership will they stick around? My worry is that the owners would leave with this FFP still not resolved.

They've gone on record countless times saying they will not do that. How much revenue would we lose if we went down? I don't imagine attendances would drop that much. Lets look at it over 5 seasons. Financially, how much difference would it make if we spend a couple of seasons in League 1? Or a couple of seasons middling in the Championship? If relegation is a disaster, then it's already a disaster now. IMO

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mr Holloway on 23:30 - Dec 9 with 3286 viewspaulparker

We have to give olly at least until the end of the season but that's not to say I'm happy with the hoofball and aimless tactics and formations the last few games , if it were any manger than olly we would be calling for his head his record since being back has been dog sh1te , today was like the villa game in that we played well for half an hour then fell into the trap of looking clueless and smacking it long to smith
we have to remember that only 3 seasons ago we had the awful arry and his cronies raping us of money the positives are we are getting our club back with QPR people doing it they must be given time hopefully penrice and Johnson can find us a couple of defensive gems in January
If and a big if we can stay up we need to address the coaching as olly needs a proper coach to help him as much as I like birch he is suited to the youth teams our only tactic of saving a game is to launch to smith and hope for a knock down we need something different
It's a big game next week if we lose we are right in it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mr Holloway on 23:57 - Dec 9 with 3233 viewsPunteR

Its not Holloway or QPR. Its football. I genuinely think fans are pissed off with football.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 23:58]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mr Holloway on 02:06 - Dec 10 with 3136 viewstimcocking

If we change the manager, we're still saddled with a collection of strikers who are...not the best. It's not really like we're under achieving, we're just not that good.

For me, the biggest motivation to win comes from a desire to stop the constant b!tching. I'm not that bothered where we are in the league, i just hate the constant negativity. It's just weakness. Toughen up ffs.
Mr Holloway on 04:33 - Dec 10 with 3100 viewsisawqpratwcity

There are eight teams whose season form is relegation risk. Extrapolating points per game out, Millwall in 17th place, would have been relegated three seasons in the last thirteen, us four. Neither Norwich or Reading, 15th and 16th (with a game in hand) respectively, would have been troubled in that period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Championship#Relegated_teams_(from_Championshi

So there is no escaping Holloway's performance is a clear relegation risk. The best thing he has going for him is that the bottom four all have an average that would see them liable for relegation all through those thirteen seasons.

The question is whether the club is willing to bet that Holloway's performance will not deteriorate and that no two of the four drain circumnavigators significantly improve. Imo, that is a reasonable punt to take, and saves the club from the instability and uncertainty of a manager replacement.

But the window for the last good chance to replace Holloway stays open until early New Year. He'd better hope the league table doesn't shift to his serious disadvantage in that time.

Btw, to the poster who thought relegation would not be a risk to the club, think again. Not only would attendances fall, entry prices would also have to drop, meaning gate receipts would probably halve. Throw in a near-total loss of TV revenue and a squad on Championship wages and you have a serious and urgent business threat. Publicity-hungry Fernandes might decide that League One has nothing to offer him and walk away, cutting his losses, before he has to pay an FFP fine that may exceed even the club's Championship value, let alone League One. If he did that I'd join the rest in calling him a c*nt, but you couldn't say he wouldn't be behaving perfectly rationally.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mr Holloway on 06:55 - Dec 10 with 3031 viewsDixie_CT

Now Ned & Hall are back I'd give him & the coaching staff the next five games with a minimum target of seven points. If he doesn't achieve that then it's time to go.

I don't think Olly & his team are good enough to get us promoted or even challenging. I so hope I'm wrong but it's not looking good and if this 'self governed' squad is starting to lose it's own heart then we really are in the brown stuff.

Any potential replacement Manager s a tricky one. I'd either go Ainswieth, Ardley or Clarke or look abroad (inc. Scotland!)
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 6:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Holloway on 08:24 - Dec 10 with 2954 viewsLblock

Mr Holloway on 06:55 - Dec 10 by Dixie_CT

Now Ned & Hall are back I'd give him & the coaching staff the next five games with a minimum target of seven points. If he doesn't achieve that then it's time to go.

I don't think Olly & his team are good enough to get us promoted or even challenging. I so hope I'm wrong but it's not looking good and if this 'self governed' squad is starting to lose it's own heart then we really are in the brown stuff.

Any potential replacement Manager s a tricky one. I'd either go Ainswieth, Ardley or Clarke or look abroad (inc. Scotland!)
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 6:57]

I was calling for Ollies return to save us from the sleepwalk to relegation I felt we were in
He did that but only after an inexplicable switch off when thinking we were safe, there seemed an inability to switch the squad back on
It looks like we’re back in that situation

The difference now was that the players still seemed to be giving 100%, after yesterday I’m not so sure. We trudged out 2nd half and from minute 46 were dominated by a team sent out up for it, pressing us, hunting in packs and with pace plus belief they could win. So we really sorted things out at the break!
Ollies subs were what done for me. BOS came on and within 8 minutes had played 3 different positions which confused the fack out of me and I assume the players. We are obsessed with this 5-3-1-1 system and I just feel we are so very predictable

It’s such a shame and it pains me to say it but it’s that time again

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mr Holloway on 09:03 - Dec 10 with 2864 viewsdaveB

I don't think changing managers again is the answer, not many great options out there, I'd personally like to see Holloway say till the summer and then try and get Ainsworth in, I think anyone coming in now would be in for a struggle

Saying that though things have to improve, we were alright in the first half yesterday but lack of width killed us and I thought the subs he made were bizarre and just made us weaker. Holloway needs to improve as do the players, big few weeks coming up
Mr Holloway on 09:10 - Dec 10 with 2853 viewsdaveB

Mr Holloway on 08:24 - Dec 10 by Lblock

I was calling for Ollies return to save us from the sleepwalk to relegation I felt we were in
He did that but only after an inexplicable switch off when thinking we were safe, there seemed an inability to switch the squad back on
It looks like we’re back in that situation

The difference now was that the players still seemed to be giving 100%, after yesterday I’m not so sure. We trudged out 2nd half and from minute 46 were dominated by a team sent out up for it, pressing us, hunting in packs and with pace plus belief they could win. So we really sorted things out at the break!
Ollies subs were what done for me. BOS came on and within 8 minutes had played 3 different positions which confused the fack out of me and I assume the players. We are obsessed with this 5-3-1-1 system and I just feel we are so very predictable

It’s such a shame and it pains me to say it but it’s that time again

I thought we were playing a 4-4-2 yesterday which then changed to a midfield diamond. I'd lost track of what we were playing by the end
Mr Holloway on 09:10 - Dec 10 with 2851 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr Holloway on 09:03 - Dec 10 by daveB

I don't think changing managers again is the answer, not many great options out there, I'd personally like to see Holloway say till the summer and then try and get Ainsworth in, I think anyone coming in now would be in for a struggle

Saying that though things have to improve, we were alright in the first half yesterday but lack of width killed us and I thought the subs he made were bizarre and just made us weaker. Holloway needs to improve as do the players, big few weeks coming up

Will they go for Ainsworth if compensation is due?

Also do you really want to see another hero burned at the stake?
Mr Holloway on 09:17 - Dec 10 with 2839 viewsdaveB

Mr Holloway on 09:10 - Dec 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Will they go for Ainsworth if compensation is due?

Also do you really want to see another hero burned at the stake?

I've no idea if they'll go for him, taking away the former player bit I think he's done a very good job at Wycombe developing players and getting results. I think him coming in now would be a mistake as I'm not sure any manager is going to finish much higher than 14th this season but that would be my preference for the summer.
Mr Holloway on 09:26 - Dec 10 with 2813 viewsTGRRRSSS

Injuries have been really bad, but I can see some of Olly's old issues from years ago which you kind of forget down the years.

However with FFP plus a poor training ground facilities and injuries mounting, you can see that really this is a problem way beyond simply Holloway.

There is so much going in place behind the scenes that might pay dividends in the long term.

I do agree there's an issue generally that maybe, just maybe, the fans are getting pissed off with Football, and that isn't just at QPR but seems a malaise that currently being ignored by Sky et al, but look how many more empty seats you seeing all over the shop.

Did anyone think we'd beat Leeds? I didn't.

As an aside well done the Computer that drummed up Sooper Duper World Sunday Derby Day.

Who'd a thunk it!!!!!!!!
Mr Holloway on 09:29 - Dec 10 with 2805 viewsthompsonridd

I think if we keep him he needs more help.

We all love Bircham and his passion but is he good enough for his role? Maybe bring in Francis to help Ollie out. Just saying.

However, Ollie needs to find a consistent starting line up, all the changes every week and players out of position is the cause of results.
Mr Holloway on 10:21 - Dec 10 with 2741 viewsBlue_Castello

Mr Holloway on 23:30 - Dec 9 by paulparker

We have to give olly at least until the end of the season but that's not to say I'm happy with the hoofball and aimless tactics and formations the last few games , if it were any manger than olly we would be calling for his head his record since being back has been dog sh1te , today was like the villa game in that we played well for half an hour then fell into the trap of looking clueless and smacking it long to smith
we have to remember that only 3 seasons ago we had the awful arry and his cronies raping us of money the positives are we are getting our club back with QPR people doing it they must be given time hopefully penrice and Johnson can find us a couple of defensive gems in January
If and a big if we can stay up we need to address the coaching as olly needs a proper coach to help him as much as I like birch he is suited to the youth teams our only tactic of saving a game is to launch to smith and hope for a knock down we need something different
It's a big game next week if we lose we are right in it

Agreed we are firmly in a relegation battle and it's very naive of some people to keep saying we are a mid table team so don't worry. Baz has it spot on when he says he is worried about his tactics and in game management, what the hell were those subs all about yesterday.
Ollie has more experience than all the amateur pundits but that doesn't mean he's making the right decisions.
We were all pleased Chair got a game yesterday and he did resonably well when in possession but he surely should have been replaced by Manning when we started loosing the midfield battle. The big question was what went wrong at half time because after shading the play in the first half with the better chances on goal we were never in the game in the second.

Don't want to see Ollie sacked but want to see us appoint another coach as his assistant, somebody who he respects so that he doesn't throw his toys out of the pram, what's McLaren doing at the moment now he would make a difference.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 10:24]
Mr Holloway on 11:01 - Dec 10 with 2684 viewsDixie_CT

Mr Holloway on 09:26 - Dec 10 by TGRRRSSS

Injuries have been really bad, but I can see some of Olly's old issues from years ago which you kind of forget down the years.

However with FFP plus a poor training ground facilities and injuries mounting, you can see that really this is a problem way beyond simply Holloway.

There is so much going in place behind the scenes that might pay dividends in the long term.

I do agree there's an issue generally that maybe, just maybe, the fans are getting pissed off with Football, and that isn't just at QPR but seems a malaise that currently being ignored by Sky et al, but look how many more empty seats you seeing all over the shop.

Did anyone think we'd beat Leeds? I didn't.

As an aside well done the Computer that drummed up Sooper Duper World Sunday Derby Day.

Who'd a thunk it!!!!!!!!

A lot of work has been done at the training ground to bring it upto scratch for the first team and to look a lot nicer. Although not being at the same standards as Tottenham (initial plans) it’s better than the one Brentford use.

For me it’s not the result that’s the problem, it’s the lack of coaching, formation consistency and subs that make sense. Definite lack of rhyme or reason to our tactics which is dependent on who’s on the pitch.

Granted we’ve been decimated with injuries to defenders (we might have another 6-9 points with those that have been missing) but the above would still have been present if not as visible.
Mr Holloway on 11:38 - Dec 10 with 2632 viewsTheBlob

Maybe it's The Curse and an ex-R's player thing.I seem to remember Sir Gerry Francis being on the shitty end of the stick re injuries.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mr Holloway on 11:51 - Dec 10 with 2602 viewsHayesender

This Holloway love in is a bit of a joke now. No other manager anywhere in the country would survive two six defeats on the spin, and now five defeats and a lucky draw in six.

Coco the clown would do a better job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mr Holloway on 12:27 - Dec 10 with 2550 viewsGloucs_R

Mr Holloway on 23:10 - Dec 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

God you talk some crap

We have been really good at times, it was only a few games ago we looked like we could push for the top 6, it's not been so good result wish since but to say we have poor since he came back is a stupid statement

Don't matter who he picks up front, they are all poor

You get a little precious when someone doesn't agree with you, dont you?

Lets look at results....

WDLWLWDLDDLDDWWLLLDLL

SO, last 6 games = LLLDLL
Scored 4 and let in 14

Apart from the lucky wins against Wolves and Sheff Utd (and lets be honest, they both had off days) we've been awful for months.

We've had 3 or the back 4 out, thats fine..I get that. Had we been losing each game 3-2, then I would admit thats an issue....but we've not even been having shots. We have a squad stuffed full of wingers and rarely play to our strengths.

No, its not all doom and gloom...the players see more determined but Ollie is not addressing the basics - dont play players who are out of form and play to your strengths.

As mentioned, heart and head disagree with this. Ollie and co are limited and we are falling towards relegation. I'd wait until Jan but if this continues, then I think a change may be necessary.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mr Holloway on 12:29 - Dec 10 with 2546 viewsHayesender

Our away record looks like a Welsh town

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mr Holloway on 12:41 - Dec 10 with 2518 viewsTHEBUSH

What happens if we sack Ollie now and the new manager , whoever he is, still gets us relegated ?

Do we sack him and then get someone else in ?
Mr Holloway on 13:02 - Dec 10 with 2487 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 12:41 - Dec 10 by THEBUSH

What happens if we sack Ollie now and the new manager , whoever he is, still gets us relegated ?

Such a question just gets ignored by those who can't think past sacking the current manager

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mr Holloway on 13:10 - Dec 10 with 2468 viewsQPR_John

Mr Holloway on 12:41 - Dec 10 by THEBUSH

Of course not silly question to be honest. A better question would be to ask if we changed the manager and did not get relegated how many posts arguing we should not have sacked Holloway as he had set the groundwork for an improvement would we see.
Mr Holloway on 13:36 - Dec 10 with 2428 viewskensalriser

Bircham's qualifications for an appointment at this level are severely lacking. Getting in someone better qualified now would be much easier and have a far higher risk/reward than replacing Holloway.

The only period in which we haven't been a basket case since the 2011 promotion is when McLaren was around...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024