Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Holloway 18:16 - Dec 9 with 39234 viewsJogo

Thank you for your effort as both player and manager over the years...but will you please now f@ck off.
Mr Holloway on 18:45 - Dec 10 with 2696 viewsGloucs_R

Mr Holloway on 17:16 - Dec 10 by PinnerPaul

Respect your opinion about IH but to say wins v Wolves and Sheff Utd were lucky is absolute nonsense.

Both oppo managers agreed we deserved to win.

In football, you may have noticed that the losing team rarely plays at their best!

By your logic Leeds were 'lucky' because we had an off day.

There are enough poor performances at the moment to get stuck in to without saying all our wins are 'lucky'

Lucky, as in we caught them on bad days (Wolves especially, maybe not so much Sheff Utd). Not saying we didnt deserve to win, maybe just had lady luck onside for both games.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mr Holloway on 19:05 - Dec 10 with 2641 viewsJamesB1979

Oh come on clivewilson I didn’t mean a disaster as in compared to normal life. I meant in football terms of course. Relegation plus FFP would be in footballing terms close to a distastrous combination.....second only to seeing harry redknapp drive in as the next manager.
Mr Holloway on 19:25 - Dec 10 with 2600 viewsDiscodroids

Unless we can wire up Enzo Bearzot or César Luis Menotti to Frankie Frasers Black box and reanimate them, I have'nt a fackin clue who can replace Holloway who appears to be jumping up and down with increasing agitation every week like edward woodard before he's popped in the Wickerman with the guinea fowl to sate the old pagan gods.

My scientific Analysis of the situation at hand?..we're fu cked.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mr Holloway on 19:25 - Dec 10 with 2602 viewseastside_r

Mr Holloway on 18:13 - Dec 10 by Jogo

Nice one Mr Cartoon Dog. Clearly you have numerical learning deficiencies and anything higher than 1 can only be 2. When you hit puberty you might just make it to 3.

Woof woof

It was just an observation and perhaps a poor attempt at a pun, old chap! I had never heard of you so clicked on your avatar to apparently reveal just one previous post.

You’re totally entitled to your opinion but you came across as one of those posters who only come on here after a bad result, Clive, I believe has this phenomenon well-documented.

Whatever my (mental) deficiencies are (and there are many), I can assure you that a problem with numeracy is not one of them.

I have been barking on here for donkeys’ years. Going for the record with the down arrows, I see.
Mr Holloway on 19:28 - Dec 10 with 2591 viewsBrightonhoop

Mr Holloway on 19:25 - Dec 10 by Discodroids

Unless we can wire up Enzo Bearzot or César Luis Menotti to Frankie Frasers Black box and reanimate them, I have'nt a fackin clue who can replace Holloway who appears to be jumping up and down with increasing agitation every week like edward woodard before he's popped in the Wickerman with the guinea fowl to sate the old pagan gods.

My scientific Analysis of the situation at hand?..we're fu cked.

Fck me. Yay. Discos back! Welcome home ol' fella.
Mr Holloway (n/t) on 19:35 - Dec 10 with 2564 viewsDiscodroids

[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 19:36]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mr Holloway on 23:27 - Dec 10 with 2354 viewsHunterhoop

Mr Holloway on 16:28 - Dec 10 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Ramsey had better players and CA

How would it be if we had CA now

JFH gave us the worse football in QPR history
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 16:30]

CA was injured for 3 months in the Champ under Ramsey. Easy to forget. JET scored 6 whilst he was out. Doesn't fit the narrative, though, does it?

Besides, the point, which I think you know, is that it's a bit rich you getting on your high horse to others about the stupidity of sacking managers for the sake of it and defending Holloway in this guise of being a proper fan, when in the past two seasons you were baying for the blood of two managers doing statistically better than Holloway.

I didn't want Ramsey sacked. I didn't want JFH sacked. And I certainly don't want Holloway sacked. But I can genuinely say that is because I don't believe regularly changing managers/first team coaches works for us. I think it creates an awful attitude amongst fans, and does not help the players really accept who is boss, and, statistically, as Clive has often drawn attention to, we never see a bounce from a new boss. But also because I think the club needs stability, and I doubt we'll find anyone better. That's being proven right the past two hires.

But, you see, I'm consistent and have said this for 3 years, you're saying it purely because it's Holloway, not due to any real beliefs, and because you disliked the two before him. One can only presume it was for some strange reason other than results, because they were both better than Holloway's.
Mr Holloway on 00:04 - Dec 11 with 2318 viewsdaveB

Mr Holloway on 16:44 - Dec 10 by Hayesender

Worse than the two six game losing streaks, or the current 1 point from 18?

performance wise even in the bad runs we've been better to watch than we were under Hasselbaink, we were crap second half yesterday but played better football at times in the first half than we ever did under Hasselbaink.
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Holloway on 02:37 - Dec 11 with 2277 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mr Holloway on 00:04 - Dec 11 by daveB

performance wise even in the bad runs we've been better to watch than we were under Hasselbaink, we were crap second half yesterday but played better football at times in the first half than we ever did under Hasselbaink.

Bertolt Brecht had a saying: "Grub first, then ethics".

I go for it's football transliteration: 'survival first, then pretty football'.

Holloway is much more likely to get us relegated than either of his predecessors.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mr Holloway on 04:04 - Dec 11 with 2260 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Agree we seem to be playing more interesting football than under JFH
However football is a results business and results under Holloway have been poor (2 x 6 game losses and would have been 3 if not for 2 goals in last 2 minutes against the Bees)

If we lose to Birmingham this coming weekend I believe we should ask Les, Ollie, Bircham and Fleming to leave.

Reasons are under Les Ferdinand we have dropped from 17th in the Premier League to 19th in the Championship
Under his watch we have recruited poorly both on and off the park
We still have an unbalanced 37-man squad.
A few good ones - but most are League One players
We have no consistent style of play
Our results are very poor
He must go.

Ollie nice bloke as he is - is a trier but he's no Venables, Stock, Sexton or Warnock.
He's out of his depth and I'm worried about his mental wellbeing.

Bircham is not a good number 2 - tactics are baffling.

Fleming has not improved the defence.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 4:12]
Mr Holloway on 04:30 - Dec 11 with 2246 viewsDixie_CT

Last time we got the right Manager was when Amit & Ishan went and got Warnock.

Huge mistake not getting him back but I don’t think the Board room would have managed with the egos of Tony, Hoos, Les & Warnock all floating about.

I don’t see a way out of this for Olly but there is no obvious replacement. I think we have a decent Championship squad but it needs a good coach e.g. Warburton or a great man manager e.g. Warnock. Neither are exactly growing on trees.
Mr Holloway on 04:52 - Dec 11 with 2237 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I like Gareth Ainsworth and believe he would successful for us as our manager.
Mr Holloway on 05:59 - Dec 11 with 2224 viewsDixie_CT

Mr Holloway on 04:52 - Dec 11 by superhoopdownunder

I like Gareth Ainsworth and believe he would successful for us as our manager.

He would be an option and I do like him.

His win percentage hasn’t been great at Wycombe and I think he’s more a man manager than a coach but he could work.

It’s the only obvious ex-QPR choice out there as well, which for some, means a lot.
Mr Holloway on 07:28 - Dec 11 with 2176 viewsdaveB

Mr Holloway on 02:37 - Dec 11 by isawqpratwcity

Bertolt Brecht had a saying: "Grub first, then ethics".

I go for it's football transliteration: 'survival first, then pretty football'.

Holloway is much more likely to get us relegated than either of his predecessors.

not even about pretty football, just something happening compared. to before has been joyful. He of course needs results although he's not been in the bottom 3 since coming back and still has a decent gap away from the bottom 3 at the moment so not sure we're more likely to go down under him than we were under previous managers. I do appreciate that could change quickly though
Mr Holloway on 07:37 - Dec 11 with 2166 viewsPunteR

We've just got to tough this season out. I wouldnt sack Ollie now. I think we've got enough decent players to get us over the line.
No fun losing but its not boring and the players are giving it their all. Ollie has been really unlucky with injurys this season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mr Holloway on 07:40 - Dec 11 with 2161 viewsHayesender

Mr Holloway on 00:04 - Dec 11 by daveB

And yet for all the ball we had, not once did we look like scoring

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Mr Holloway on 08:03 - Dec 11 with 2092 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 23:27 - Dec 10 by Hunterhoop

CA was injured for 3 months in the Champ under Ramsey. Easy to forget. JET scored 6 whilst he was out. Doesn't fit the narrative, though, does it?

Besides, the point, which I think you know, is that it's a bit rich you getting on your high horse to others about the stupidity of sacking managers for the sake of it and defending Holloway in this guise of being a proper fan, when in the past two seasons you were baying for the blood of two managers doing statistically better than Holloway.

I didn't want Ramsey sacked. I didn't want JFH sacked. And I certainly don't want Holloway sacked. But I can genuinely say that is because I don't believe regularly changing managers/first team coaches works for us. I think it creates an awful attitude amongst fans, and does not help the players really accept who is boss, and, statistically, as Clive has often drawn attention to, we never see a bounce from a new boss. But also because I think the club needs stability, and I doubt we'll find anyone better. That's being proven right the past two hires.

But, you see, I'm consistent and have said this for 3 years, you're saying it purely because it's Holloway, not due to any real beliefs, and because you disliked the two before him. One can only presume it was for some strange reason other than results, because they were both better than Holloway's.

There you go getting all nostalgic about the good times under CR and JFH where it was all blue skies and sunshine and you ran through fields of barley to the girl eating a flake

Fecking liberals.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mr Holloway on 08:43 - Dec 11 with 2017 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As was said above, of the last 47 managerial decisions we've made in the last what's that, eight years or so, appointing Warnock in 2010 has been the only proper one. Either side of that, it's been shockingly poor. It's the fundamental lack of footballing intelligence in the boardroom that is going to be our undoing.

I wasn't even aware that Olly was looking to return to the managerial fold, nor that Tony Pony had even heard of him, much less contemplated his return. While on a nostalgia basis and, possibly, if he could convey his enthusiasm and love for QPR through to the team, it might have galvanised us.

Beyond that, it seemed an odd choice all round. And more in hope than reasoned expectation, could I maybe see this working out positively. But that merely hid the doubt.

That said, what I saw before leaving the UK, we certainly seemed more up for it. There were even the green shoots of recovery. However, no sooner had the jet's wheels touched back on Asian soil, and it all started to go nipples north.

I am prepared, as should everyone else, that he has been badly hit with injuries to his defensive options. I am also happy to accept that yes, he might well have loved to sign a 40-goal a season assassin, but none were available with the £25.18p he had.

That said, Lua Lua, Goss and all the wide boys look questionable signings at the moment, but I do think once he has a full compliment of players to choose from, then the one thing this lovable loon has to do, is stop f.....g chopping and changing his Starting XI and get a bloody settled side.

We saw it twice last season when he seemed to have got the balance right, was on a good roll and then for not explicable reason, he tinkers with it and we're back on a losing run.

QPR is a club that so often lacks the requisite wisdom and nous to do the jobs that need doing properly, and we seem perennially destined to make consistently poor decisions. It really makes the time when we had Amit and Warnock calling the shots, a period of perfection in comparison.

Think we really need to try getting through this season before any more bloody sackings. But in view of what's coming, I can see us in really serious trouble this time next year.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mr Holloway on 08:43 - Dec 11 with 2017 viewsDorse

Mr Holloway on 08:03 - Dec 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

There you go getting all nostalgic about the good times under CR and JFH where it was all blue skies and sunshine and you ran through fields of barley to the girl eating a flake

Fecking liberals.

Strangely, when I picture that analogy, it is set to Yakkety Sax, played at double speed and when we get to the girl she turns round to be revealed as Henry McGee wearing a wig.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mr Holloway on 08:46 - Dec 11 with 2004 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 08:43 - Dec 11 by Dorse

Strangely, when I picture that analogy, it is set to Yakkety Sax, played at double speed and when we get to the girl she turns round to be revealed as Henry McGee wearing a wig.

Exactly

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mr Holloway on 09:25 - Dec 11 with 1952 viewsterryb

Mr Holloway on 08:03 - Dec 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Fecking liberals.

Some of it was certainly s**t, but none of it was worse than what I saw away at Brentford & Norwich last season.

We have looked better at times under IH, but we've not sustained that. We've also looked worse at times.

However, I would keep IH. Not because he is any better than his predecessors, but we don't need another change. We didn't need one during the past two seasons either!
Mr Holloway on 09:59 - Dec 11 with 1910 viewsRs_Holy

Apologies as I haven’t had time to read all the posts in this thread so this may well have been said by someone else!..
So my take on it is I think we’re going down this season.
The reason for this new found pessimism is a sense of reality and a realisation that we are in a position that many clubs have found themselves in previously.
It’s the classic “overspend in the Premier League” followed by the “failing to gain promotion in your first season down” scenario.
This leads to shrinking budgets, players wishing to leave ( effectively throwing toys out of the proverbial), crowds shrinking and atmosphere deteriorating. A slow eroding of confidence and a sense of despair then follow when you realise that the club has no money for a sticky plaster even tho a full dressing, bandage and sling are required (in certain areas).
QPR, Leeds, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Luton, Blackburn, Bolton etc etc etc the list goes on and on but the pattern of all these clubs demise is pretty much the same.
And now it’s our turn (again). We have a massive squad made up of many players who for the most part we don’t really want. Looking at the squad on the offish we have 11 defenders, 12 midfielders and 7 strikers which is too many. But we cannot offload the unwanted ones because of a combination of not be very good, having a bad attitude, going off the rails, milking the club for every last penny of a ludicrously generous contract. It’s a classic catch 22 situation… the only players you can sell are the handful of players you want to keep!!!
So should we sack Ollie… He’s rubbish, keeps losing matches, selection is terrible, even falls out with certain players. So my opinion its obvious we have to keep him.
Yes all of the above can be argued but I would counter that with… Ollie’s signings (on a very limited budget) have been excellent, we now have the right personnel to scout and find the bargains we will need as and when the squad reduces in size. We have seen a marked improvement in the junior teams and hopefully this will provide some players in the future, and if nothing else we now have a team who actually care!
Could we find a manager as passionate about our club? Would anyone half decent want to take a punt on QPR? If they came would they be any better given the restrictions?
Yes we may (and probably will) be relegated this season.
But I really believe the club are starting to slowly turn the QPR super tanker around.
They are starting to put some proper foundations in place and I honestly think if we are patient it will eventually bear fruit.
Mr Holloway on 10:19 - Dec 11 with 1872 viewsdaveB

Mr Holloway on 07:40 - Dec 11 by Hayesender

And yet for all the ball we had, not once did we look like scoring

Not sure about that, Freeman should have scored after a lovely move and I thought Smith and Washington could have done better with chances they had in the first half
Mr Holloway on 10:22 - Dec 11 with 1867 viewsQPR_John

Mr Holloway on 09:59 - Dec 11 by Rs_Holy

Apologies as I haven’t had time to read all the posts in this thread so this may well have been said by someone else!..
The reason for this new found pessimism is a sense of reality and a realisation that we are in a position that many clubs have found themselves in previously.
It’s the classic “overspend in the Premier League” followed by the “failing to gain promotion in your first season down” scenario.
This leads to shrinking budgets, players wishing to leave ( effectively throwing toys out of the proverbial), crowds shrinking and atmosphere deteriorating. A slow eroding of confidence and a sense of despair then follow when you realise that the club has no money for a sticky plaster even tho a full dressing, bandage and sling are required (in certain areas).
QPR, Leeds, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Luton, Blackburn, Bolton etc etc etc the list goes on and on but the pattern of all these clubs demise is pretty much the same.
And now it’s our turn (again). We have a massive squad made up of many players who for the most part we don’t really want. Looking at the squad on the offish we have 11 defenders, 12 midfielders and 7 strikers which is too many. But we cannot offload the unwanted ones because of a combination of not be very good, having a bad attitude, going off the rails, milking the club for every last penny of a ludicrously generous contract. It’s a classic catch 22 situation… the only players you can sell are the handful of players you want to keep!!!
So should we sack Ollie… He’s rubbish, keeps losing matches, selection is terrible, even falls out with certain players. So my opinion its obvious we have to keep him.
Yes all of the above can be argued but I would counter that with… Ollie’s signings (on a very limited budget) have been excellent, we now have the right personnel to scout and find the bargains we will need as and when the squad reduces in size. We have seen a marked improvement in the junior teams and hopefully this will provide some players in the future, and if nothing else we now have a team who actually care!
Could we find a manager as passionate about our club? Would anyone half decent want to take a punt on QPR? If they came would they be any better given the restrictions?
But I really believe the club are starting to slowly turn the QPR super tanker around.
They are starting to put some proper foundations in place and I honestly think if we are patient it will eventually bear fruit.

Interesting reasoned post but spoilt by your comment

"Could we find a manager as passionate about our club?"

Why does that matter, why is it so important. I want somebody good at the job in charge do you think the top managers are passionate about the clubs they run.
Mr Holloway on 10:26 - Dec 11 with 1855 viewsstevec

Mr Holloway on 09:59 - Dec 11 by Rs_Holy

Sitting through that sh it on a freezing cold afternoon, forgive me for not sharing your optimism but full marks for the effort.

There is one thing you've not taken into account, the fly in the ointment, the longest serving member of the 'squad'. I give you Tony Fernandes.

If there's something the man can get wrong at this place, he'll get it wrong. Name me one thing that has improved since his arrival. The ground, the team, us the fans?

One other thing, I'd reckon 600 houses at a potential average profit of say 200k a pop adds up to a tidy profit of £120 million. Not bad eh, especially when you don't even need to bother with that issue of a football stadium.

Aside of that, welcome back Disco.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024