Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Holloway 18:16 - Dec 9 with 39236 viewsJogo

Thank you for your effort as both player and manager over the years...but will you please now f@ck off.
Mr Holloway on 10:34 - Dec 11 with 2787 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mr Holloway on 09:59 - Dec 11 by Rs_Holy

Apologies as I haven’t had time to read all the posts in this thread so this may well have been said by someone else!..
So my take on it is I think we’re going down this season.
The reason for this new found pessimism is a sense of reality and a realisation that we are in a position that many clubs have found themselves in previously.
It’s the classic “overspend in the Premier League” followed by the “failing to gain promotion in your first season down” scenario.
This leads to shrinking budgets, players wishing to leave ( effectively throwing toys out of the proverbial), crowds shrinking and atmosphere deteriorating. A slow eroding of confidence and a sense of despair then follow when you realise that the club has no money for a sticky plaster even tho a full dressing, bandage and sling are required (in certain areas).
QPR, Leeds, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth, Luton, Blackburn, Bolton etc etc etc the list goes on and on but the pattern of all these clubs demise is pretty much the same.
And now it’s our turn (again). We have a massive squad made up of many players who for the most part we don’t really want. Looking at the squad on the offish we have 11 defenders, 12 midfielders and 7 strikers which is too many. But we cannot offload the unwanted ones because of a combination of not be very good, having a bad attitude, going off the rails, milking the club for every last penny of a ludicrously generous contract. It’s a classic catch 22 situation… the only players you can sell are the handful of players you want to keep!!!
So should we sack Ollie… He’s rubbish, keeps losing matches, selection is terrible, even falls out with certain players. So my opinion its obvious we have to keep him.
Yes all of the above can be argued but I would counter that with… Ollie’s signings (on a very limited budget) have been excellent, we now have the right personnel to scout and find the bargains we will need as and when the squad reduces in size. We have seen a marked improvement in the junior teams and hopefully this will provide some players in the future, and if nothing else we now have a team who actually care!
Could we find a manager as passionate about our club? Would anyone half decent want to take a punt on QPR? If they came would they be any better given the restrictions?
Yes we may (and probably will) be relegated this season.
But I really believe the club are starting to slowly turn the QPR super tanker around.
They are starting to put some proper foundations in place and I honestly think if we are patient it will eventually bear fruit.

Good post. Pretty much where I stand too. Not sure where I stand with Ollie but I think there are much better qualified people in place at the club to make those sorts of decisions. I still haven't given up on this season. I think (hope) there's enough fight in the squad to see us through. Going to be a difficult 6 months.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mr Holloway on 10:43 - Dec 11 with 2764 viewsPunteR

Mr Holloway on 10:22 - Dec 11 by QPR_John

Interesting reasoned post but spoilt by your comment

"Could we find a manager as passionate about our club?"

Why does that matter, why is it so important. I want somebody good at the job in charge do you think the top managers are passionate about the clubs they run.

I think it mattered at the time of Ollies appointment.
When we had years of people coming here not giving a flying monkeys it was a breath of fresh air to hear Ollies genuine passion for the club.
Of course that novelty soon wears off when you start losing every week. The board didnt really think about that bit though.
Stick with Ollie this season. If we get relegated so be it, we'll bounce back at some point.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mr Holloway on 10:43 - Dec 11 with 2762 viewsNortholt_Rs

Mr Holloway on 10:34 - Dec 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

Good post. Pretty much where I stand too. Not sure where I stand with Ollie but I think there are much better qualified people in place at the club to make those sorts of decisions. I still haven't given up on this season. I think (hope) there's enough fight in the squad to see us through. Going to be a difficult 6 months.

Based on the 1 point from the last 18 available? A bloody lucky point at that or we’d have three runs of 6 consecutive defeats under Holloway in less than a year.... What other club in the entire Football League would accept that miserable level of performance? His stats are simply horrific and show he’s clearly not up to the job. It was a terrible decision to bring him out of retirement given his recent history with Palace and Millwall. What was LF thinking? Clueless. Again.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Mr Holloway on 10:48 - Dec 11 with 2746 viewsPunteR

Mr Holloway on 10:43 - Dec 11 by Northolt_Rs

Based on the 1 point from the last 18 available? A bloody lucky point at that or we’d have three runs of 6 consecutive defeats under Holloway in less than a year.... What other club in the entire Football League would accept that miserable level of performance? His stats are simply horrific and show he’s clearly not up to the job. It was a terrible decision to bring him out of retirement given his recent history with Palace and Millwall. What was LF thinking? Clueless. Again.

Were managers queuing up to come here?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mr Holloway on 10:54 - Dec 11 with 2728 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Anyone we bring in is going be pretty 'low-rent' and I'm not convinced would be any better -but then, who can tell?

I'd love to see Shteev Maclaren in as joint manager with Ollie in a kind of Clough/Taylor partnership.

Player-wise, I think we have the makings of a decent team in the squad, maybe beginning to come to fruition in a year or two from now - and bringing Eze back in January would add to our much-needed strike options.

Money-wise, we're not going to be spending in January - unless we can offload JET and a few others.

Fitness-wise - well, maybe we should draft in half a dozen physios and open a new Harlington A&E unit...

I think Ollie's here to stay - quite possibly even if we're relegated. That said, I suspect if relegation begins to look likely, Ollie will probably walk for what he will feel is the good of the club.
Mr Holloway on 10:55 - Dec 11 with 2728 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Mr Holloway on 10:43 - Dec 11 by Northolt_Rs

Loads of managers have been sacked for much less that's for certain. Like I said I don't know enough about the current state of the club behind the scenes to say for certain that Ollie is completely to blame.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Mr Holloway on 11:10 - Dec 11 with 2694 viewsTheChef

Can't we go just one full season without changing the entire coaching team? Every time we change manager, we're just resetting the clock.

As far as I can see, the team spirit is still there, the players are still trying to play football and do their bit for the manager. We've all seen enough QPR teams where that has not been the case and it's clear what the issue is. But for now it's Holloway's job to manage the team and get some points in the bag, and I would still give him till the end of the season to do that, come what may.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mr Holloway on 11:36 - Dec 11 with 2646 viewsBostonR

His team selections and game-management are infuriating and have been since he arrived

Other managers and their coaching team just seem to out-smart us. It's all well and good to have the right types in the dressing room, but the basic premise is that they also need to be Championship level players.

At the moment both our team and management are not Championship level. Unless the club can bring a few loans in and get the likes of Hall, Perch and Onuoha fit relegation to League 1 is nailed on. I just wish he was never appointed in the first place but it makes no sense to fire him. He needs to shut his mouth and produce what he is paying handsomely to do.
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Holloway on 11:48 - Dec 11 with 2621 viewsTheBlob

It's a hoary old response but there's no point in getting rid before the end of the season,let it all just die quietly despite the efforts of a footballing defibrillator.I'm sick to fukk with appointing serial losers in whatever capacity,give someone fresh a chance,new meat, someone continental and not as yet contaminated by English cynicism and tub thumping "passion",someone who has flair stamped on his soul.
Robert Prosinecki is one such.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mr Holloway on 11:48 - Dec 11 with 2615 viewsRs_Holy

Mr Holloway on 11:36 - Dec 11 by BostonR

His team selections and game-management are infuriating and have been since he arrived

Other managers and their coaching team just seem to out-smart us. It's all well and good to have the right types in the dressing room, but the basic premise is that they also need to be Championship level players.

At the moment both our team and management are not Championship level. Unless the club can bring a few loans in and get the likes of Hall, Perch and Onuoha fit relegation to League 1 is nailed on. I just wish he was never appointed in the first place but it makes no sense to fire him. He needs to shut his mouth and produce what he is paying handsomely to do.

When you look at the strikers at other Championship clubs its a bit frightening. Theres some serious quality pretty much everywhere.... Teams have players on the bench who would walk into our current side. You often hear about players on loan from Liverpool, chelsh*te, Everton etc.
We are lightyears away from that sort of quality at the mo! None of our strikers would get in any other Championship team (with maybe the exception of Burton).
We need a loaner in Jan who can bang in 10-12 goals and pray they stay fit.
If we can get most of the defenders fit and with a decent striker up front we might just escape relegation.
Then its adding to the squad on a budget and replacing the dead wood who are out of contract.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 12:03]
Mr Holloway on 12:51 - Dec 11 with 2511 viewsHunterhoop

Mr Holloway on 08:03 - Dec 11 by 2Thomas2Bowles

There you go getting all nostalgic about the good times under CR and JFH where it was all blue skies and sunshine and you ran through fields of barley to the girl eating a flake

Fecking liberals.

Haha.

Addressing the point made, I see.

Not getting nostalgic at all. Life was far from rosy under Tamsey or JFH. Just as it's far from rosy under Holloway. I still want to keep him though, and I'll continue to support him like I continued to support Ramsey and JFH. I was just agreeing with your broader position on Holloway, but highlighting how utterly hypocritical you are, given your past vitriol of those performing as he has done, if not better.

Fecking hypocrites.
Mr Holloway on 13:28 - Dec 11 with 2459 viewsTGRRRSSS

One huge difference in Holloway compared to Ramsay and Hassailbaink is he's got many years more experience and actually got some success under his belt down the years, including at QPR.

Still believe we will stay up, but Rs Holy's posy gives me pause to think cos there isnt much to disagree with.

I think Passion is importnant, look at some of the people we've had in charge.
Mr Holloway on 13:43 - Dec 11 with 2429 viewsTacticalR

Mr Holloway on 11:48 - Dec 11 by Rs_Holy

When you look at the strikers at other Championship clubs its a bit frightening. Theres some serious quality pretty much everywhere.... Teams have players on the bench who would walk into our current side. You often hear about players on loan from Liverpool, chelsh*te, Everton etc.
We are lightyears away from that sort of quality at the mo! None of our strikers would get in any other Championship team (with maybe the exception of Burton).
We need a loaner in Jan who can bang in 10-12 goals and pray they stay fit.
If we can get most of the defenders fit and with a decent striker up front we might just escape relegation.
Then its adding to the squad on a budget and replacing the dead wood who are out of contract.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 12:03]

Very true.

@Rs_Holy 'When you look at the strikers at other Championship clubs its a bit frightening.'

I was thinking about that on Saturday when I saw the three scorers for Derby - Lawrence, Vydra and Weimann - all mobile and all can put chances away (as they did against us a few weeks ago).

Fortunately for us there are a lot of teams who don't have that kind of firepower.

@Rs_Holy 'A slow eroding of confidence and a sense of despair then follow when you realise that the club has no money for a sticky plaster even tho a full dressing, bandage and sling are required (in certain areas).'

I am afraid that is our situation up front at the moment.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 14:53]

Air hostess clique

Mr Holloway on 14:11 - Dec 11 with 2386 viewsR_from_afar

Mr Holloway on 10:22 - Dec 11 by QPR_John

Interesting reasoned post but spoilt by your comment

"Could we find a manager as passionate about our club?"

Why does that matter, why is it so important. I want somebody good at the job in charge do you think the top managers are passionate about the clubs they run.

It matters because we have recently experienced supposedly good managers who have ended up doing a shocking job at QPR because they did not care about the club or take any pride in the job.

Warnock is a rare thing in that he seems to be fired up and passionate wherever he works, but Redknapp did a pathetic, lazy job because he didn't give two hoots about Rangers and Hughes bought players who would look good on his CV.

We are at a very low ebb and need a manager with fire and heart who can inspire the players and drag the club through this very difficult period. Obviously, they need a certain amount of ability too but with all the woes we face at the moment, we need a standard bearer to keep the spirits up.

I'd love us to get Jackett in, if only on a short term contract to the end of the season. He could sort out the defence and would slot into the set-up with the minimum of fuss.

We should also remember that if a new manager comes in, he will probably have to work with a near identical squad to the current one. Would a new man be able to really improve us much?

Also, if Ollie and his team are axed, we will have to pay them off. We would be better off saving those pay-offs and spending them on a player.

As for the lack of footballing knowledge in the QPR board, that is hardly true given that we have Hoos and Les on board. People say Warnock was a great choice yet back then, we had *no* "football people" on the QPR board!

We do also need to remember that we are a less inviting prospect for a potential manager than we have been for many years. There are so many problems. It's easy to say "Get rid" but if we replace Ollie, it needs to be with someone better.

RFA

PS: Disco: you came back. Yay! But where were the Spitfire fly past and dry ice heralding your glorious return? Tsk tsk.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mr Holloway on 14:41 - Dec 11 with 2331 viewsRs_Holy

Mr Holloway on 14:11 - Dec 11 by R_from_afar

It matters because we have recently experienced supposedly good managers who have ended up doing a shocking job at QPR because they did not care about the club or take any pride in the job.

Warnock is a rare thing in that he seems to be fired up and passionate wherever he works, but Redknapp did a pathetic, lazy job because he didn't give two hoots about Rangers and Hughes bought players who would look good on his CV.

We are at a very low ebb and need a manager with fire and heart who can inspire the players and drag the club through this very difficult period. Obviously, they need a certain amount of ability too but with all the woes we face at the moment, we need a standard bearer to keep the spirits up.

I'd love us to get Jackett in, if only on a short term contract to the end of the season. He could sort out the defence and would slot into the set-up with the minimum of fuss.

We should also remember that if a new manager comes in, he will probably have to work with a near identical squad to the current one. Would a new man be able to really improve us much?

Also, if Ollie and his team are axed, we will have to pay them off. We would be better off saving those pay-offs and spending them on a player.

As for the lack of footballing knowledge in the QPR board, that is hardly true given that we have Hoos and Les on board. People say Warnock was a great choice yet back then, we had *no* "football people" on the QPR board!

We do also need to remember that we are a less inviting prospect for a potential manager than we have been for many years. There are so many problems. It's easy to say "Get rid" but if we replace Ollie, it needs to be with someone better.

RFA

PS: Disco: you came back. Yay! But where were the Spitfire fly past and dry ice heralding your glorious return? Tsk tsk.

Jackets a great shout but his stock is rising at Pompey (currently 7th in League 1) and has just signed a contract extension til 2021!
Mr Holloway on 14:58 - Dec 11 with 2298 viewsDiscodroids

If a change were to be made, Which it won't, Then I'll stick to the same name that I've wanted here for years as the Manager.

Kenny 'A nice little housewife, who'll give me a steady life & won't keep going off the rails' Jackett.

Preferably Kenny, won't be in a cocktail skirt standing in the door of the Pink Flamingo, But in a sensible Umbro Tracksuit standing in dogshit at the QPR training ground.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 15:02]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Mr Holloway on 15:23 - Dec 11 with 2267 viewsQPR_John

Mr Holloway on 14:11 - Dec 11 by R_from_afar

RFA

"It matters because we have recently experienced supposedly good managers who have ended up doing a shocking job at QPR because they did not care about the club or take any pride in the job."

Redknapp has done a good job for other teams and until recently Hughes has been doing a job at Stoke. Are you saying they were passionate about those teams but not us or was it the case they were as indifferent to those clubs as they were to us but here were allowed to pull the wool,over the owners eyes
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 15:30]
Mr Holloway on 15:30 - Dec 11 with 2247 viewsRs_Holy

Mr Holloway on 15:23 - Dec 11 by QPR_John

"It matters because we have recently experienced supposedly good managers who have ended up doing a shocking job at QPR because they did not care about the club or take any pride in the job."

Redknapp has done a good job for other teams and until recently Hughes has been doing a job at Stoke. Are you saying they were passionate about those teams but not us or was it the case they were as indifferent to those clubs as they were to us but here were allowed to pull the wool,over the owners eyes
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 15:30]

....Redknapp & Hughes!!!... ask Portsmouth, Southampton, ManCity and Fulham fans what they think of them.... I also wonder what Brum fans will be saying in a year or so.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 19:30]
Mr Holloway on 17:46 - Dec 11 with 2135 viewsPinnerPaul

Mr Holloway on 09:25 - Dec 11 by terryb

Some of it was certainly s**t, but none of it was worse than what I saw away at Brentford & Norwich last season.

We have looked better at times under IH, but we've not sustained that. We've also looked worse at times.

However, I would keep IH. Not because he is any better than his predecessors, but we don't need another change. We didn't need one during the past two seasons either!

Spot on Terry, my thoughts exactly!
Mr Holloway on 01:18 - Dec 12 with 1924 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Mr Holloway on 04:52 - Dec 11 by superhoopdownunder

I like Gareth Ainsworth and believe he would successful for us as our manager.

The best argument for keeping Holloway are the dire alternatives being touted. Seriously, Gareth Ainsworth? Jesus wept.
Mr Holloway on 02:21 - Dec 12 with 1907 viewsSharpy36

Benny, get with the program, and the sooner you do the better you will fit in here.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Mr Holloway on 08:08 - Dec 12 with 1826 viewsGloucs_R

Unless Ollie turns it round in the next few games I think he's gone. He definitely needs to win so that the next three in my opinion.

If he was to go I would like to see someone like Steve McClaren come in. Good with young players good at coaching good at developing and had experience at this level.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mr Holloway on 08:42 - Dec 12 with 1774 viewsR_from_afar

Mr Holloway on 14:41 - Dec 11 by Rs_Holy

Jackets a great shout but his stock is rising at Pompey (currently 7th in League 1) and has just signed a contract extension til 2021!

Oh man, thanks for the reminder, I had no idea he was at Pompey. I wasn't copied on the memo.

OK, so we could pass each other going in opposite directions, if Rangers' results don't pick up. Gulp.

Jackett: Scrap that idea.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mr Holloway on 09:21 - Dec 12 with 1722 viewsHooparoo

Luigi de Canio had Bob Malcolm playing like Beckenbauer and Agyemang like Pele for one glorious 6 month period. A good experienced coach can improve whatever he’s given to work with.

I think Olly has lost the plot and I wonder whether having a coach and 2IC that care too much as they are “fans” maybe clouds their judgement too much.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 9:23]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Mr Holloway on 09:43 - Dec 12 with 1689 viewsNorthernr

Mr Holloway on 01:18 - Dec 12 by Benny_the_Ball

The best argument for keeping Holloway are the dire alternatives being touted. Seriously, Gareth Ainsworth? Jesus wept.

That's about it. When you consider the sort of managers that would be interested in coming here and working with no money to spend you end up concluding we may as well stick with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024