Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Holloway 18:16 - Dec 9 with 39369 viewsJogo

Thank you for your effort as both player and manager over the years...but will you please now f@ck off.
Mr Holloway on 09:55 - Dec 12 with 2828 viewsDejR_vu

Mr Holloway on 09:43 - Dec 12 by Northernr

That's about it. When you consider the sort of managers that would be interested in coming here and working with no money to spend you end up concluding we may as well stick with.

Unbelievable how far we've fallen since TF showed up. Fresh from promotion to the Premier League, having torn up the Championship playing some of the best football in a generation, to a relegation scrap in the Championship with a manager we 'put on gardening leave' years ago and no viable alternatives. Criminal.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Mr Holloway on 10:00 - Dec 12 with 2810 viewsstevec

Mr Holloway on 09:55 - Dec 12 by DejR_vu

Unbelievable how far we've fallen since TF showed up. Fresh from promotion to the Premier League, having torn up the Championship playing some of the best football in a generation, to a relegation scrap in the Championship with a manager we 'put on gardening leave' years ago and no viable alternatives. Criminal.

I was just about to say '5 pages and the conclusion is, Holloway is our only option' and you add this.

Your 4 lines cover the whole shebang. Well done mate.
Mr Holloway on 10:14 - Dec 12 with 2781 viewsPunteR

This is the real issue not Holloway.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mr Holloway on 10:22 - Dec 12 with 2752 viewsNorthernr

In one.
Mr Holloway on 10:25 - Dec 12 with 2736 viewsgazza1

Poor old Holloway is not the answer any more, never was in my opinion when he was appointed. (Nor should Bircham be here). Respect to both of them for what they have done for the Rangers.

Many reasons why Holloway should be replaced varying from team selections, team tactics, team formations, team substitutions and more.

I do not blame Holloway, I blame the people that appointed him.

I understand why ‘punters’👍👍(Hunter) want to keep him but we are heading south pretty quick, not sure we are going down though, but we need a change and I don’t want changes so frequently. (Glad Ramsey and JFH went though).

Get a new man in and let him start preparations for next season hopefully in the championship - we got nothing to loose.
Mr Holloway on 10:27 - Dec 12 with 2729 viewsTheChef

Mr Holloway on 10:14 - Dec 12 by PunteR

This is the real issue not Holloway.

Still we're better off than 15 years ago this week. We had lost our last two league games by an aggregate 7-0 having previously been knocked out of the FA cup (which meant something then) by Vauxhall Motors.

Holloway was given time, we finished the season narrowly losing in the play off final, finished the following season at Hillsborough and were top half the season after when he was finally fired - for reasons still not fully understood by many,

In the 15 years since, the following have had a go at improving us:
Waddock
Gregory
Harford
Di Canio
Dowie
Sousa
Magilton
Hart
Harford
Warnock
Hughes
Redknapp
Ramsey
Hasselbaink

Again - without a decent viable alternative, why change manager and coaching staff all over again?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Mr Holloway on 10:46 - Dec 12 with 2696 viewsRs_Holy

Mr Holloway on 10:27 - Dec 12 by TheChef

Still we're better off than 15 years ago this week. We had lost our last two league games by an aggregate 7-0 having previously been knocked out of the FA cup (which meant something then) by Vauxhall Motors.

Holloway was given time, we finished the season narrowly losing in the play off final, finished the following season at Hillsborough and were top half the season after when he was finally fired - for reasons still not fully understood by many,

In the 15 years since, the following have had a go at improving us:
Waddock
Gregory
Harford
Di Canio
Dowie
Sousa
Magilton
Hart
Harford
Warnock
Hughes
Redknapp
Ramsey
Hasselbaink

Again - without a decent viable alternative, why change manager and coaching staff all over again?

yep! all those saying Ollie should go have to come up with 2 lists...

1. Managers available who would do better.
2. Managers from the first list who would take a punt on us right now.
Mr Holloway on 10:53 - Dec 12 with 2681 views2Thomas2Bowles

Not many wanted NW to start with
The thing is TF has given the fans what they asked for each time.
The call for NW to be sacked as he is not a prem manager.
Most were happy he got MH in to start with when that went to shite there were fans with signs in the ground saying Save us Harry

Sticking with Harry after a fluke promotion was a massive mistake but I can see why at the time
Harry pretty much fecked us in the gob waiting to leave after the window

LF advice to give the job to CR was massively wrong, we still had a chance of staying up small as it was we needed an experienced manager but who would want LF overseeing them, it was more about LF wanting to keep the job as DoF

Again LF advice to get JFH was floored in so many ways, one season at Burton with a team build by another manager, his reply to everything was "It is what it is"

Those that say now, well he may have turned things around are deluded TF was not the only one inside the club that wanted him out.

100% it was LF who stopped NW returning as manager with him wanting JFH so he could keep his job.

Again it was all about LF own selfish reasons. not what was best for the club.

It was a shock bringing in IH but as now, who else would want the job. there is no money that's the very first thing any manager asks.

All those asking for IH to be sacked need to wake up and smell the coffee there is no messiah waiting in the wings waiting to come save us, not as an owner or manager.

It is what it is!!!
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 11:06]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Holloway on 10:54 - Dec 12 with 2676 viewsMytch_QPR

Can I just point out that this message board seems to have developed a fault.

Normally, by this stage in an 'Ollie Out' thread someone will have suggested the dream team management duo of Derry & Hill.

What's going on?
More to the point, will this thread render itself redundant if we win the next 2 games?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Mr Holloway on 10:56 - Dec 12 with 2670 viewsTheBlob

Holloway is merely the firing squad coup de grâce.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mr Holloway on 11:16 - Dec 12 with 2618 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 10:25 - Dec 12 by gazza1

Poor old Holloway is not the answer any more, never was in my opinion when he was appointed. (Nor should Bircham be here). Respect to both of them for what they have done for the Rangers.

Many reasons why Holloway should be replaced varying from team selections, team tactics, team formations, team substitutions and more.

I understand why ‘punters’👍👍(Hunter) want to keep him but we are heading south pretty quick, not sure we are going down though, but we need a change and I don’t want changes so frequently. (Glad Ramsey and JFH went though).

Get a new man in and let him start preparations for next season hopefully in the championship - we got nothing to loose.

Who would that new man be ?

Mr Holloway on 11:26 - Dec 12 with 2583 viewsDorse

Mr Holloway on 10:22 - Dec 12 by Northernr

In one.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Mr Holloway on 11:35 - Dec 12 with 2548 viewsTacticalR

Mr Holloway on 11:16 - Dec 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Who would that new man be ?

QPR was having trouble
What a sad, sad story
Needed a new leader to restore
Its former glory
Where, oh, where was he?
Where could that man be?

Springtime for QPR

Air hostess clique

Mr Holloway on 11:35 - Dec 12 with 2546 viewspaulparker

do what !!!!

TF is the best chairmen ever , he has learnt from his mistakes and we are going to be fine , he has done so much for this club, we are lucky to have him and we may end up with a nasty owner like Leeds and blackpool
ive heard it on here so its all true

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mr Holloway on 11:50 - Dec 12 with 2503 viewsderbyhoop

Mr Holloway on 10:46 - Dec 12 by Rs_Holy

yep! all those saying Ollie should go have to come up with 2 lists...

1. Managers available who would do better.
2. Managers from the first list who would take a punt on us right now.

And, therein, lies the problem.
Nobody can guarantee that a different manager would do any better, especially considering the defensive injuries we have had and the inability to bring in a Championship quality striker within our budget.
Any alternative, available manager is likely to be available for a very good reason, i.e. they got sacked from their previous job. And, they would still be working with the same constraints that Olly has.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a number of players gone in the January window, but I'd be shocked to see more than 1 coming in.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Mr Holloway on 12:13 - Dec 12 with 2471 viewsEsox_Lucius

Mr Holloway on 10:25 - Dec 12 by gazza1

So how do you feel that the last 7 changes of manager mid season has worked out for us? What's that definition of insanity again?

The grass is always greener.

Mr Holloway on 12:46 - Dec 12 with 2413 viewsGloucs_R

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mr Holloway on 13:21 - Dec 12 with 2338 viewsBostonR

Mr Holloway on 12:13 - Dec 12 by Esox_Lucius

So how do you feel that the last 7 changes of manager mid season has worked out for us? What's that definition of insanity again?

Holloway must be a massive conundrum for the owners. If we stick with him the signs seems to suggest we are heading for League 1. If we change (yet again) there is no certainty that we will improve - Hobsons choice!
Surely, someone, hopefully LF, is having a stern word with him along the lines of "sort your formation out, pick the right players, in the right place and if you stick a big 6ft 6in striker up top, play two wingers. And while we are at it, do not wait until we are normally 2-0 down to make changes to the game plan". Sounds simple enough to me.
Mr Holloway on 13:36 - Dec 12 with 2302 viewsR_from_afar

Mr Holloway on 10:22 - Dec 12 by Northernr

In one.

But for the sake of balance, we all need to remember that TF has never been our sole owner. However, he always cops 99% of the flak.

If something goes wrong, it was all his fault. If something positive happens - an almost unknown scenario these days - he definitely wasn't involved.

He is probably the main culprit of those on our board but I doubt every bad decision was a unilateral one by Tony.

His reign also got off to a bad start because Tango and Cash sold up very close to the start of the season, undermining our attempts to get the right players in.

As for Holloway, let's stick with the manager until the end of the season just so that younger fans can experience what that is actually like. A good enough reason?

If not, the rate we are going, we should just create a massive spreadsheet listing all football managers still drawing breath, with one tab for our early season manager (June-Dec) manager ("The dream weavers") and one for their late season (Jan-May) counterparts ("The men for a crisis").

The club then prints them off on massive sheets of paper and at the appropriate time of year, the winner of a prize draw can stand on The Loft at half time and throw a great big blue and white dart at the list. Unless anyone has any better ideas .

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mr Holloway on 15:51 - Dec 12 with 2219 viewsWestbourneR

I'm sorry there can be no possible reason to keep Holloway.

If stability means relegation then we should have kept Paul Hart and Mick Harford instead of bringing in Warnock.

It makes no sense. Stability means stable. We're sliding rapidly towards League One.

Ollie HAS to go.

Of course there is someone better, the idea that no one would touch the job is total rubbish - for the vast majority of managers we're a great job to get. If it was your job to find a new manager then you could have a strong shortlist together inside two weeks.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mr Holloway on 15:59 - Dec 12 with 2188 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mr Holloway on 15:51 - Dec 12 by WestbourneR

I'm sorry there can be no possible reason to keep Holloway.

If stability means relegation then we should have kept Paul Hart and Mick Harford instead of bringing in Warnock.

It makes no sense. Stability means stable. We're sliding rapidly towards League One.

Ollie HAS to go.

Of course there is someone better, the idea that no one would touch the job is total rubbish - for the vast majority of managers we're a great job to get. If it was your job to find a new manager then you could have a strong shortlist together inside two weeks.

Who would you have mate?

Presuming the following conditions:

- Unemployed (No compensation)
- Willing to work with little resources (FFP)
- Willing to instantly take on a possible relegation fight (we are 18th)
- Must blood youngsters (club direction)
- Must work with poor facilities (Harlington)
Mr Holloway on 16:09 - Dec 12 with 2166 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 13:21 - Dec 12 by BostonR

Holloway must be a massive conundrum for the owners. If we stick with him the signs seems to suggest we are heading for League 1. If we change (yet again) there is no certainty that we will improve - Hobsons choice!
Surely, someone, hopefully LF, is having a stern word with him along the lines of "sort your formation out, pick the right players, in the right place and if you stick a big 6ft 6in striker up top, play two wingers. And while we are at it, do not wait until we are normally 2-0 down to make changes to the game plan". Sounds simple enough to me.

And maybe LF understands all the injuries

Embarrassed by the shite strikers we have

Has he got out of the office to work with the strikers or is he just a suit nowadays and it's a bit cold out there or just realized they are beyond help.

Mr Holloway on 16:12 - Dec 12 with 2155 viewsGloucs_R

Mr Holloway on 16:09 - Dec 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Has he got out of the office to work with the strikers or is he just a suit nowadays and it's a bit cold out there or just realized they are beyond help.

The injuries have been to the defence....thats all. As I said in an earlier post, if we were losing and scoring every week.....you could understand it. But we've simply not created the chances, nor taken the ones we have had.

A team full of wingers....two players who can score headers....nah, we'll play narrow instead.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Mr Holloway on 16:14 - Dec 12 with 2149 viewsEsox_Lucius

Mr Holloway on 16:09 - Dec 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The last time he appeared at a training session the mouth breathers were apoplectic with rage over his interfering with letting Holloway manage and coach the side. There are some people who will never see anything that Hoos & Ferdinand do in a positive light because their hatred has blinded their ability to think logically and understand the nature of what QPR are trying to do to keep the club as a going concern.

The grass is always greener.

Mr Holloway on 16:16 - Dec 12 with 2145 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mr Holloway on 16:12 - Dec 12 by Gloucs_R

The injuries have been to the defence....thats all. As I said in an earlier post, if we were losing and scoring every week.....you could understand it. But we've simply not created the chances, nor taken the ones we have had.

A team full of wingers....two players who can score headers....nah, we'll play narrow instead.

So you only read the first line

When we were making loads of chances they were still missing them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024