Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This country is a joke in bad weather 11:34 - Dec 10 with 6545 viewsloftboy

Off from East London to Bracknell to take my parents their Christmas prezzie and have a spot of lunch, firstly got delayed at Canning Town for 25 minutes, then at Waterloo train delayed by 15 minutes, then stopped at whitton for half hour due to trains wipers not working, now being turned off the train at Staines as it’s being taken out of service.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

This country is a joke in bad weather on 11:37 - Dec 10 with 4492 viewsHayesender

The transport system in this country is a joke without bad weather. Three times this week my train to work has been cancelled. Excuse, lack of staff. Pathetic

Poll: Shamima Beghum

This country is a joke in bad weather on 11:41 - Dec 10 with 4469 viewsrrrspricey

This country is a joke in bad weather on 11:37 - Dec 10 by Hayesender

The transport system in this country is a joke without bad weather. Three times this week my train to work has been cancelled. Excuse, lack of staff. Pathetic

My daughter is on her way home from Leeds uni on a coach, left at 6am and currently stuck on M1 outside Northampton
This country is a joke in bad weather on 11:51 - Dec 10 with 4430 viewspeejaybee

We dont have the right bad weather.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 12:01 - Dec 10 with 4406 viewsBushRanger82

The railway companies in this country are a disgrace whatever the weather.
This country is a joke in bad weather on 12:12 - Dec 10 with 4371 viewsTonto

Stuck at Prague airport because snow has blocked the runway at Stasted.... It's less than 2 inches of bloody snow! The plane for St Petersberg left on time... Just saying....

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

This country is a joke in bad weather on 12:29 - Dec 10 with 4336 viewsJAPRANGERS

This country is a joke in bad weather on 12:12 - Dec 10 by Tonto

Stuck at Prague airport because snow has blocked the runway at Stasted.... It's less than 2 inches of bloody snow! The plane for St Petersberg left on time... Just saying....

How often does Southern England get snow nowadays?? I mean it's a matter of what you're used to. Here we have snow for 4 to 5 months every year and it's extremely rare for snow to stop trains and planes.
This country is a joke in bad weather on 12:43 - Dec 10 with 4309 viewsTonto

WI can forgive councils not having gritting machines especially given how austerity has cut budgets again and again, but airports? They should have snow ploughs!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

This country is a joke in bad weather on 14:26 - Dec 10 with 4198 viewsenfieldargh

I live on a main road in the borough of Enfield.

Its still covered in snow at "2:30pm

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

This country is a joke in bad weather on 14:48 - Dec 10 with 4173 viewsEsox_Lucius

That's Brexit for you. Something has to give.

The grass is always greener.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 15:43 - Dec 10 with 4082 viewsDixie_CT

Bit like the Leeds fans singing 'You're F-Ing Sh1t', tell us something we don't know.
This country is a joke in bad weather on 16:23 - Dec 10 with 4008 viewsBoston

Your country is shit, your roads are shit, your train system is shit, until you compare it to the rest of the world.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 18:21 - Dec 10 with 3894 viewsizlingtonhoop

This country is a joke in bad weather on 15:43 - Dec 10 by Dixie_CT

Bit like the Leeds fans singing 'You're F-Ing Sh1t', tell us something we don't know.

Tomorrow it's the 'Bears do sh1t in the woods' thread....
This country is a joke in bad weather on 21:29 - Dec 10 with 3703 viewsBoston

This country is a joke in bad weather on 12:29 - Dec 10 by JAPRANGERS

How often does Southern England get snow nowadays?? I mean it's a matter of what you're used to. Here we have snow for 4 to 5 months every year and it's extremely rare for snow to stop trains and planes.

I have snow clearance / removal contracts in Cambridge Massachusetts. We've had a 5/6+ inch snowfall in the Boston area yesterday evening which hasn't affected anything. maybe a granny or two stayed off the road but apart from that, nuffink.
Would the Japanese be geared up in a similar fashion for inclement weather as their counterparts in the northern parts of North America? Many of us have trucks and plow attachments, own heavy duty snow blowers and are generally 'tooled up' for winter.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 22:28 - Dec 10 with 3637 viewskarl

Very little snow for us so far but the wind on Thursday was really strong for a while. They recorded 147mph on a wind turbine up the top of a hill! Normal recording equipment had it about 90mph max at airport etc but with so many wind turbines in exposed areas we get these high readings nowadays
This country is a joke in bad weather on 22:46 - Dec 10 with 3607 viewsBoston

This country is a joke in bad weather on 22:28 - Dec 10 by karl

Very little snow for us so far but the wind on Thursday was really strong for a while. They recorded 147mph on a wind turbine up the top of a hill! Normal recording equipment had it about 90mph max at airport etc but with so many wind turbines in exposed areas we get these high readings nowadays

No trees where you live, right?

This country is a joke in bad weather on 23:15 - Dec 10 with 3569 viewskarl

This country is a joke in bad weather on 22:46 - Dec 10 by Boston

No trees where you live, right?

Not many indeed Boston
This country is a joke in bad weather on 23:16 - Dec 10 with 3568 viewssmegma

About 12 years ago I visited Shaolin Monastery in China. It's literally in the middle of nowhere. Minus 10 degrees saw the river that runs through the monastery frozen solid. The two hour drive there was in a snowstorm but the motorways and rural roads were clear of any ice or snow.

An inch of snow has seen the Borough of Ealing paralysed. We live in a third world country at times.
This country is a joke in bad weather on 00:04 - Dec 11 with 3531 viewsBoston

This country is a joke in bad weather on 23:16 - Dec 10 by smegma

About 12 years ago I visited Shaolin Monastery in China. It's literally in the middle of nowhere. Minus 10 degrees saw the river that runs through the monastery frozen solid. The two hour drive there was in a snowstorm but the motorways and rural roads were clear of any ice or snow.

An inch of snow has seen the Borough of Ealing paralysed. We live in a third world country at times.

If you live in the middle of nowhere, a couple of passes by a plow leaves the roads wide open. If instead you reside somewhere where there are millions of people who insist on cluttering up the streets making it nigh impossible for any gritter/sanding/snow clearance, then you get chaos.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 0:11]

This country is a joke in bad weather on 00:05 - Dec 11 with 3533 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 00:08 - Dec 11 with 3524 viewsBoston

This country is a joke in bad weather on 00:05 - Dec 11 by Pommyhoop

Big goat?

This country is a joke in bad weather on 00:35 - Dec 11 with 3506 viewsBoston

You want to follow the example of Australian drivers. Never read about them being involved in blizzard induced multi car pile ups or their trains grinding to a halt due to a half inch of snow. Bet their snow plows are top notch.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 02:51 - Dec 11 with 3484 viewsisawqpratwcity

This country is a joke in bad weather on 21:29 - Dec 10 by Boston

I have snow clearance / removal contracts in Cambridge Massachusetts. We've had a 5/6+ inch snowfall in the Boston area yesterday evening which hasn't affected anything. maybe a granny or two stayed off the road but apart from that, nuffink.
Would the Japanese be geared up in a similar fashion for inclement weather as their counterparts in the northern parts of North America? Many of us have trucks and plow attachments, own heavy duty snow blowers and are generally 'tooled up' for winter.

Mr. Plow!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

This country is a joke in bad weather on 04:57 - Dec 11 with 3461 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just want to get a head start on July threads.

'We're a third world country! I wanted to make a cup of tea earlier, and to queue for 20 minutes at the local stand pipe as the water has been rationed! 'kin joke!' - LBlock

'Seriously, WTF? Trains not running because there's no water! I'm sure it pretty much pissed down between January to May' - Esox

'We're using the wheely bin for family bathing due to the water crisis. Alas, I go in last and the youngest peed in it and the wife took a shit before me. Now I'm covered in the stuff. When will this drought end. It's been three days without rain.' - Woking R

'I've just had to sack the gardener for cheek and impudence! Having ordered him to water the tennis court, he complained that to do so was against the law. Bloody oik!' - Konk

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

This country is a joke in bad weather on 10:57 - Dec 11 with 3330 viewsBoston

...and now I think of it, your cars. Overwhelmingly rear wheel drive, awful in snow.

This country is a joke in bad weather on 11:55 - Dec 11 with 3275 viewsMick_S

This country is a joke in bad weather on 00:05 - Dec 11 by Pommyhoop

I drink beer, me.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024