Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
attacking formation 12:36 - Dec 10 with 2464 viewsPetros

This is what seems to have worked so far. At least it is a plan.

1. Start with Mackie and Washington. No fan of either, but it is our most effective option if we want to play the high press. They run their bollox off. This gives our midfield some time and defensive help. We look tight, don't concede, and maybe even snatch one.

2. Second half: replace Mackie, he has done his job, bring on Sylla, a greater attacking threat as he is not bad in the six yard box. Half an hour to 20 minutes left, bring on Smith for Washington for the panic he can cause.

Simple!
attacking formation on 19:08 - Dec 10 with 2356 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes I can see that. Hopefully Mackie will get reenergised by his ban and be raring to go. Needs to stop jumping in though as his card was just waiting to happen.

As an alternative though, start with Sylla and Mackie and then bring on Washington at ht.
and Smith for the last 30.
attacking formation on 20:21 - Dec 10 with 2297 viewsozranger

I'm a bit lost with these suggestions. Are you saying that we only have one substitute for each game owing to our forward situation? In each of the suggestions we sub both forwards. That limits our tactics somewhat, does it not?
attacking formation on 20:44 - Dec 10 with 2265 viewsBoston

attacking formation on 20:21 - Dec 10 by ozranger

I'm a bit lost with these suggestions. Are you saying that we only have one substitute for each game owing to our forward situation? In each of the suggestions we sub both forwards. That limits our tactics somewhat, does it not?

You're the type of bloke who uses his rear view mirror, ain't ya?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

attacking formation on 21:26 - Dec 10 with 2239 viewsBerkoRanger

I'd go with an attacking 3-5-2, especially at home. I'd play Smith AND Sylla as the front two and I'd have two out and out wide men to pepper the centre with cross after cross after cross. Then I'd have three centre backs with the wingers coming back to defend when necessary. The midfield three picks themselves.
Why not? I don't think we've tried this yet.
attacking formation on 00:32 - Dec 11 with 2177 viewsqprd

Playing 352 with smith and sylla is not viable.

that would leave you with 3 centrally deployed midfielders, 1 highly immobile striker in smith and 1 striker w poor work rate in sylla. Out of possession, wed be a nightmare and Luongo scowen and Freeman would expend all their energy trying to win the ball back
attacking formation on 07:31 - Dec 11 with 2113 viewsPunteR

I liked our formation 4231. Scowen and manning in the 2 holding roles. Freeman luongo wszolek, syla or smith at top.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

attacking formation on 07:55 - Dec 11 with 2095 viewstimcocking

I'd quite like to see the formation Ollie used when he got us up before. Kind of 4-2-4 with, luongo and scowen holding and two wide attackers freeman and pavel most likely, with two up front including at least one of smith/sylla. Get pavel playing how/where he should be playing. He seems one of our most potent weapons to me and we're not using him well at all.

Or buy/otherwise obtain a decent striker somehow from somewhere even if we can't.
attacking formation on 12:18 - Dec 11 with 1998 viewskenthoop11

I feel like we really need to get our wingers on the pitch - when you think back to last season against Reading & Brum away, our main tactic was Pav bombing down the wing crossing it in for a striker.

Would like to see a 4231 - Scowen/Luongo in the 2, Osayi-Samuel Freeman and Pav as part of a 3, then Sylla up top. Smith/Washington on as an impact sub.

Our strikers need service, let's give them some!
Login to get fewer ads

attacking formation on 12:29 - Dec 11 with 1979 viewsdaveB

incredible that after weeks of cries for Mackie to be dropped he misses one game and instantly becomes the answer again
attacking formation on 12:44 - Dec 11 with 1966 viewsRs_Holy

attacking formation on 12:29 - Dec 11 by daveB

incredible that after weeks of cries for Mackie to be dropped he misses one game and instantly becomes the answer again

attacking formation on 12:48 - Dec 11 with 1960 viewsMedwayR

I'd like to see 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1, maybe alternate depending upon the opposition. I think if you look at the squad & out of contract players in the summer this could be the best option to utilise the squad too.

GK: Smithies / Ingram / Lumley (although I kinda expect Smithies to be sold)
RB: Furlong / (Kakay?)
CB: Onouha / Hall / Baptiste / Lynch (assuming Onouha re-signs)
LB: Bidwell / Hamalainen
DM: Scowen / Cousins
CM: Luongo / Freeman / Manning / Chair / Goss
RF: Wszolek / Wheeler / Smyth
CF: Sylla / Smith / Eze
LF: Osayi-Samuel / Shodipo

That leaves Perch, Caulker, Robinson, Petrasso, Borysiuk, JET, Mackie, Washington, Grego-Cox & Ngbakoto all available to leave & massively reducing the wage bill. We'd also have little need to bring players in. Obviously the above is with next season in mind.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 12:49]

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024