Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cousins 08:05 - Dec 12 with 2182 viewsGloucs_R

Is he out injured again? Can't he play right back? (When fit)

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Cousins on 08:18 - Dec 12 with 2168 viewsDorse

Probably.
No.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cousins on 08:23 - Dec 12 with 2157 viewsGloucs_R

The versatile Greenwich-born 22-year-old can also play at right-back or in the centre of defence.

BBC when he signed

Cousins on 08:33 - Dec 12 with 2141 viewsDorse

Cousins on 08:23 - Dec 12 by Gloucs_R

The versatile Greenwich-born 22-year-old can also play at right-back or in the centre of defence.

BBC when he signed

Stephen Hawking and Joey Essex can both do maths too.

Cousins on 09:12 - Dec 12 with 2074 viewsBlue_Castello

Not sure how many games you have seen this season but Ollie has picked him as a right wing back and sometime right back in a number of games.
The performances have been very poor to say the least, a lot of people say he's not match fit as he usually gets subbed but allowing for that his positional understanding of playing in that position is abysmal.

Like a number of other posters I want to see us revert to a flat back four and play 4-2-3-1 to try and get some results on the board. Scowen and Luongo in front of the four and Freeman playing in the 10 role, at least one winger in the three and Sylla or Smith up front.
Cousins on 09:20 - Dec 12 with 2058 viewstoboboly

He has played at right wing back most of the season and been pretty awful so I wouldn't think he was an option.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cousins on 09:44 - Dec 12 with 2029 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cousins on 08:33 - Dec 12 by Dorse

Stephen Hawking and Joey Essex can both do maths too.

But are either of them available for Saturday?
Cousins on 09:47 - Dec 12 with 2023 viewsoldmisery

Cousins on 09:12 - Dec 12 by Blue_Castello

Not sure how many games you have seen this season but Ollie has picked him as a right wing back and sometime right back in a number of games.
The performances have been very poor to say the least, a lot of people say he's not match fit as he usually gets subbed but allowing for that his positional understanding of playing in that position is abysmal.

Like a number of other posters I want to see us revert to a flat back four and play 4-2-3-1 to try and get some results on the board. Scowen and Luongo in front of the four and Freeman playing in the 10 role, at least one winger in the three and Sylla or Smith up front.

Couldn't agree more with your views on both Cousins and the formation.

I would also like to see us revert to a back four with Scowen and Luongo in the middle and a proper winger either side of them. Thus utilising Freeman in the 10 role behind Sylla to start with and then bringing Smith on for Sylla in the final half hour - in a 4-4-1-1 system.

The only drawback would appear to be the lack of a left sided winger. Assuming Wszolek to be first choice right winger with Wheeler second and Petrasso as third, who would fill that role on the other flank. BOS seems miles away from a Championship level starter and it's so long since I last saw Shodipo that I can't remember if he's right or left footed. In any event he doesn't seem to be in Mr Holloway's plans at all, so who does that leave?It's an indictment of our recruitment system that we don't have more players who are comfortable passing/crossing the ball with either foot.
Cousins on 10:13 - Dec 12 with 1979 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As I recall, he stood out for Charlton in the centre of their all conquered midfield.

Well, he stood out against us at Loftus Road in an end of season encounter, when they were down and we were safe and no one gave a rat's backside....ahh, yes, I can see where we may have over-estimated his abilities!

Still think there is a good player in there if we can get him fit and here's a totally random thought....play him in his best position.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Cousins on 11:20 - Dec 12 with 1926 viewsDorse

Cousins on 09:44 - Dec 12 by CroydonCaptJack

But are either of them available for Saturday?

I like Hawking - he might have lost a bit of pace but he is rock solid in the tackle.

Cousins on 11:25 - Dec 12 with 1908 viewsderbyhoop

Cousins has been on the bench for the last few games, but Pawel has been playing better and is certainly a better defensive option. I suspect that, when either Perch or Furlong are match fit, we will end up using Pawl or Cousins further forward.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 11:26]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Cousins on 12:49 - Dec 12 with 1847 viewsGloucs_R

Furlong has had the perfect opportuity to step up this season and make that position his own but Ollie doesnt rate him by the look of it. I only saw him against Burton and he was dreadful.

Which leaves Perch or Onouha as a natural RB.

Onouha out of contract in the summer so could well go to Burney in Jan.

Cousins on 13:31 - Dec 12 with 1786 viewsDorse

Cousins on 12:49 - Dec 12 by Gloucs_R

Furlong has had the perfect opportuity to step up this season and make that position his own but Ollie doesnt rate him by the look of it. I only saw him against Burton and he was dreadful.

Which leaves Perch or Onouha as a natural RB.

Onouha out of contract in the summer so could well go to Burney in Jan.

It's a bit worrying, isn't it?

Perch might be a while coming back but looked pretty good as a right-sided CB in a 3 before THE CURSE struck. He got a lot of stick last year playing at RB, although that might be unfair to him as everyone got a fair bit last season.

If we are playing Ned at RB, we really need an option in the centre, with Lynch unavailable. With that in mind, I think Ollie will go for Ned, Robinson and Baptiste (if available) with Pav and Bidwell as WBs.

Smegma would be able to give more insight but isn't Kakay a RB too?

Cousins on 16:41 - Dec 12 with 1703 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cousins on 11:20 - Dec 12 by Dorse

I like Hawking - he might have lost a bit of pace but he is rock solid in the tackle.

That reminds me of a Steve Coogan stand up show where one of his characters (Pauline Calf I think) was defending David Beckham as people were saying he was thick. She said no-one says Stephen Hawking is crap at free kicks.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 17:04]
Cousins on 16:51 - Dec 12 with 1688 viewsGloucs_R

Cousins on 13:31 - Dec 12 by Dorse

It's a bit worrying, isn't it?

Perch might be a while coming back but looked pretty good as a right-sided CB in a 3 before THE CURSE struck. He got a lot of stick last year playing at RB, although that might be unfair to him as everyone got a fair bit last season.

If we are playing Ned at RB, we really need an option in the centre, with Lynch unavailable. With that in mind, I think Ollie will go for Ned, Robinson and Baptiste (if available) with Pav and Bidwell as WBs.

Smegma would be able to give more insight but isn't Kakay a RB too?

I'm not convinced of 5 at the back. If all were fit, then I'd go for

Perch / Onouha / Hall / Bidwell

With Robinson, Baptiste and Lynch as back up. What I cant get my head around is , at a time when you have loads of defenders out and an abundance of midfielders, why play 5 at the back ?

Cousins on 19:43 - Dec 12 with 1607 viewsjoolsyp

Cousins on 16:51 - Dec 12 by Gloucs_R

I'm not convinced of 5 at the back. If all were fit, then I'd go for

Perch / Onouha / Hall / Bidwell

With Robinson, Baptiste and Lynch as back up. What I cant get my head around is , at a time when you have loads of defenders out and an abundance of midfielders, why play 5 at the back ?

Robinson as back-up? Our standout performer of the season so far as back-up?

Then again he'll probably off to the Prem in January so you could be right.
Cousins on 20:59 - Dec 12 with 1562 viewsGloucs_R

Cousins on 19:43 - Dec 12 by joolsyp

Robinson as back-up? Our standout performer of the season so far as back-up?

Then again he'll probably off to the Prem in January so you could be right.

Who would you pick between a fit hall and Robinson for CB??

Tough choice, good problem to have.

Both him and onouha are out of contact in the summer. Personally I think chief will move on. If Robinson signs again, him and hall would make a good partnership IMO.

Cousins on 21:24 - Dec 12 with 1537 viewsbosh67

The problem for Cousins is that Luongo plays the role he's designed for. The only time I have seen him look comfortable is in the centre of midfield. Right back, right wing back he is lost. You'd get more out of a broom with an anorak on it in those positions.

Ollie needs to give him a chance at some stage in the middle and not try to make him into Perch 2.

Interestingly if Ned does go in Jan then Robinson and Perch could well do a job at CB if Perch comes back ok. Perch looks very comfortable in that position, better than at fullback.

For all the gip Perch got he's one of the main players we have missed.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cousins on 21:26 - Dec 12 with 1534 viewsGloucs_R

Cousins on 21:24 - Dec 12 by bosh67

The problem for Cousins is that Luongo plays the role he's designed for. The only time I have seen him look comfortable is in the centre of midfield. Right back, right wing back he is lost. You'd get more out of a broom with an anorak on it in those positions.

Ollie needs to give him a chance at some stage in the middle and not try to make him into Perch 2.

Interestingly if Ned does go in Jan then Robinson and Perch could well do a job at CB if Perch comes back ok. Perch looks very comfortable in that position, better than at fullback.

For all the gip Perch got he's one of the main players we have missed.

Perch is also out of contact in the summer. Along with onouha, Robinson, kakay caulker, Mackie, Lumley, gregocox, petrasso and jet.

[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 21:29]

Cousins on 08:52 - Dec 13 with 1436 viewsterryb

Cousins on 20:59 - Dec 12 by Gloucs_R

Who would you pick between a fit hall and Robinson for CB??

Tough choice, good problem to have.

Both him and onouha are out of contact in the summer. Personally I think chief will move on. If Robinson signs again, him and hall would make a good partnership IMO.

If playing a back three you include both.

If playing a back four Robinson plays at left back. Or you play both at centre half.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024