Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Tis The Season 13:20 - Dec 12 with 5811 viewsDorse

At this time of year, I like to remind my parents that, despite all the careful thought and consideration they put into it, I do not want any presents from them. Because they are just awful.

For example, last year's Marmite-themed storage jar. Or the previous year's variety pack of 'expensive' soaps. Frankly, I can't remember the last time they actually bought me something I want. Seriously, one year they bought me an oven mitt. Not a pair - one.

With that in mind, does anyone else suffer like this?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

'Tis The Season on 13:23 - Dec 12 with 4168 viewsBoston

Grinch

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

'Tis The Season on 13:39 - Dec 12 with 4135 viewsA40Bosh

The last few years the mater and pater have just bought me and the mrs a voucher for a meal at a restaurant, something like a Miller & Carter or a Gastro pub. Last year it was great, but miles from bloody anywhere and the "extras" such as booze and cabs meant we spent the same amount again on top as the voucher itself. However, meant we got a few decent steaks out of it.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

'Tis The Season on 13:57 - Dec 12 with 4106 viewsSimonJames

Mine always give me an expensive bottle of bourbon, and John Lewis vouchers for the missus.

However, my 81 year old mother-in-law is becoming somewhat erratic in her presents. Recently, for my birthday, she gave me a framed picture that my missus had given to her father about 30 years ago!

100% of people who drink water will die.

'Tis The Season on 14:11 - Dec 12 with 4091 viewsMick_S

I was 16.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

'Tis The Season on 14:42 - Dec 12 with 4042 viewsBoston

'Tis The Season on 14:11 - Dec 12 by Mick_S

I was 16.

Wish my parents had supplied me women, but they had this strong Catholic thing going.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 14:42]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

'Tis The Season on 15:09 - Dec 12 with 4000 viewsLblock

'Tis The Season on 14:42 - Dec 12 by Boston

Wish my parents had supplied me women, but they had this strong Catholic thing going.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 14:42]

My wife’s mother gives the worst presents ever. Full stop

Over the last few years we’ve had:
A Roman Keating CD
A road atlas (got that in 2008......it was dated 2004)
The missus got the worst and cheapest purse you can imagine
Every year, without fail, we both get a diary
A tea set she won at bingo. Hideous
And the old classic........bath salts

Last year the penny dropped and she gave us £40 of vouchers for theatre land

In terms of presents we are very lucky in so much as we don’t really need anything. Our families (Apart from her mum) always get us some nice bits and pieces. This year we’ve asked instead the money gets donated to a dog rescue charity

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

'Tis The Season on 15:11 - Dec 12 with 4000 viewsTacticalR

I have a sort of mutual assured destruction pact with my brother where we don't give each other presents. It has preserved the peace for many years.

Air hostess clique

'Tis The Season on 15:14 - Dec 12 with 3991 viewstoboboly

Just did secret santa at work. I got a fat bloke who drinks ale a box of ale. It isn't hard, he will love it and it was a tenner, the prescribed rate.

Half of them put up "wishlists". It's secret santa ffs.

I was given 1.5 litre package of white wine. I don't drink white wine. In fact I hate wine. Its not even a bottle it's in a big bag thing.

#clusterfcktards

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

'Tis The Season on 15:22 - Dec 12 with 3972 viewsWokingR

'Tis The Season on 15:14 - Dec 12 by toboboly

Just did secret santa at work. I got a fat bloke who drinks ale a box of ale. It isn't hard, he will love it and it was a tenner, the prescribed rate.

I was given 1.5 litre package of white wine. I don't drink white wine. In fact I hate wine. Its not even a bottle it's in a big bag thing.

#clusterfcktards

Think you might work with my brother.

I don't drink and yet last year the knob bought me a hip flask !
'Tis The Season on 15:23 - Dec 12 with 3968 viewsSharpy36

'Tis The Season on 15:11 - Dec 12 by TacticalR

I have a sort of mutual assured destruction pact with my brother where we don't give each other presents. It has preserved the peace for many years.

My brother and i have taken that to the next level, we don`t talk.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

'Tis The Season on 15:24 - Dec 12 with 3967 viewstoboboly

'Tis The Season on 15:22 - Dec 12 by WokingR

Think you might work with my brother.

I don't drink and yet last year the knob bought me a hip flask !

My Xmas jumper obviously pi$$ed someone off.

My line manager doesn't drink full stop and was given a bottle of wine and a glass that takes a whole bottle of wine.

'Tis The Season on 15:29 - Dec 12 with 3956 viewsLimehouseR

'Tis The Season on 15:14 - Dec 12 by toboboly

#clusterfcktards

Secret Santa was banned at work after last year.

One person (who has a reputation of being a complete odd ball) got a boxed home made 'kidnap kit' with elephant tape, rope, etc.

One person (who has a reputation for being a bit of a sex pest) got a gimp mask.

We all thought it was hilarious but they didn't and management weren't impressed!
'Tis The Season on 15:31 - Dec 12 with 3952 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I mate of mine once got the clap for Christmas after a night out on the 24th in the Bigg market.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 15:31]
'Tis The Season on 15:34 - Dec 12 with 3942 viewshubble

One year one of my aunts sent me this thing that heats a car key up in case your locks get frozen. Strange present, especially as I didn't have a car and hadn't for years. One of my brothers must scan Amazon for bargain books as I've had a series of briefly popular self-help tomes (is he trying to tell me something) and one year I got the Match of the Day book on the 50th anniversary of MOTD. Except this one was the previous year's book.
'Tis The Season on 15:36 - Dec 12 with 3936 viewsTacticalR

'Tis The Season on 15:29 - Dec 12 by LimehouseR

Secret Santa was banned at work after last year.

One person (who has a reputation of being a complete odd ball) got a boxed home made 'kidnap kit' with elephant tape, rope, etc.

One person (who has a reputation for being a bit of a sex pest) got a gimp mask.

We all thought it was hilarious but they didn't and management weren't impressed!

Never realised Secret Santa was such a minefield.

Air hostess clique

'Tis The Season on 15:56 - Dec 12 with 3890 viewsDiscodroids

christmas 1976, Ten Years Old. I was a typical scrap of east end fluff with a basin haircut in a lee majors tracksuit playing football allday round the back of the prefabs and plashet park. Scuffed knees. Snotty Nose. Bed Bugs.

I was headbanging to the 'weekend world' theme tune When my posh aunty marjorie from her penthouse in gidea park comes round to our crumbling, mouldering midden in east ham with her husband, (a Hugh lovegrove jenkins ffs ), bearing gifts for the esso blue Mob.

I set my eyes on this huge present , and tear into iT like a junk hungry smack head into a liberated pensioners purse, ravenous for a Muhammad Ali blow up boxing punchbag , a football and nets, a Superstriker, a David Nixon magic hat ..even a tommy cooper fu ckin golf set.

but no, the chiffon and brushed denim habitat wa nkers gave me a fu cking wicker chair. a wicker chair to a football mad 10year old.

the f ucking thing wouldn't have looked out of place Suspended from derek flints ceiling. I burst into tears , which was probably the aspirational fu ckers intentions.

still gets bought up every year at christmas.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 16:00]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

'Tis The Season on 15:58 - Dec 12 with 3883 viewstoboboly

'Tis The Season on 15:56 - Dec 12 by Discodroids

christmas 1976, Ten Years Old. I was a typical scrap of east end fluff with a basin haircut in a lee majors tracksuit playing football allday round the back of the prefabs and plashet park. Scuffed knees. Snotty Nose. Bed Bugs.

I was headbanging to the 'weekend world' theme tune When my posh aunty marjorie from her penthouse in gidea park comes round to our crumbling, mouldering midden in east ham with her husband, (a Hugh lovegrove jenkins ffs ), bearing gifts for the esso blue Mob.

I set my eyes on this huge present , and tear into iT like a junk hungry smack head into a liberated pensioners purse, ravenous for a Muhammad Ali blow up boxing punchbag , a football and nets, a Superstriker, a David Nixon magic hat ..even a tommy cooper fu ckin golf set.

but no, the chiffon and brushed denim habitat wa nkers gave me a fu cking wicker chair. a wicker chair to a football mad 10year old.

the f ucking thing wouldn't have looked out of place Suspended from derek flints ceiling. I burst into tears , which was probably the aspirational fu ckers intentions.

Fcking hell. Don't come to our secret santa. It's the adult equivalent.

'Tis The Season on 16:13 - Dec 12 with 3860 viewsDiscodroids

I remember my sister around Xmas 1999 Getting A Bros Jumper from my increasingly erratic Nan just before she, ( my nan), went full blown waco koresh davidian insane.

My Nan had purchased the garment from a stall in Queens road Market , Green street . Matt and Luke Goss crudely knitted faces looked like a pair of Todd browning 1932 Freaks, A Splice of pin heads, parasitic dwarves, bearded ladies and Hermaphrodites . A right Cronenberg Job.

Best of all Underneath their deformed images were the words ' When will I be famous', twelve years since anyone had last heard of them.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

'Tis The Season on 16:19 - Dec 12 with 3842 viewsEsox_Lucius

So much "this" was evoked from your post LOL

The grass is always greener.

'Tis The Season on 16:25 - Dec 12 with 3828 viewsPunteR

Not sure anybodys said this to you yet Droids, but its good having you back.. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

'Tis The Season on 16:36 - Dec 12 with 3812 viewsCroydonCaptJack

'Tis The Season on 16:25 - Dec 12 by PunteR

Not sure anybodys said this to you yet Droids, but its good having you back.. :)

Loads of us were at least thinking it I am sure.
'Tis The Season on 17:06 - Dec 12 with 3788 viewsDiscodroids

Treated Myself to a colecoVision In WH Smiths East Ham High Street for £175 out of my first paypacket in xmas 1984. I remember it came with a gratis smurf game that was marginally more entertaining than having you upper case deltoids worked over by a paint it by numbers fem dom above robert dyas in leadenhall market.

I felt like a booming old testament god floating on his oort cloud as the shoppers parted when i commanded the shop assistant to bring down these uncharted treasures from the top shelf. £175 was a lot of money in those days. The Technology usurping all before it, Even the tommy cooper golf set that lay on the shelf below.

Unfortunately By the January Paypacket i was spu nking my wages on Skol Lager, cecil gee g2 jumpers, import cameo 12" Records , 'jazz' aftershave and Arthur Daley Stickers for my mk 2 Capri.

As a sidenote, I remember not long after, my Stepdad trying to get one over on me by buying this monstrous looking games console , an Intellevision. The controllers looked like something you would strap to the legs of a 1950's Polio child sufferer to aid posture and stability.

'Tis The Season on 17:22 - Dec 12 with 3763 viewsdistortR

my mum hasn't got me a duff birthday or xmas present since i was 18, largely because she hasn't bought me a present since I was 18.

But I'm not bitter.
'Tis The Season on 17:41 - Dec 12 with 3730 viewsPinnerPaul

I DON'T WANT ANYMORE BOOKS!

Especially unwelcome are ones based on 'funny' sport stories agggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
'Tis The Season on 17:43 - Dec 12 with 3730 viewsHantsR

At work once, we had a secret Santa but it seemed that many presents must have been bought by or from a female team member who held Ann Summers parties in her spare time.

My own gift was a plastic banana, inside which was a very tasteful, realistic looking model penis that could be filled with liquid and squirted if required, I think. Certainly one of the more useful gifts I've ever received.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024