Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Misery, Misery. 13:20 - Dec 16 with 5378 viewsBoston

http://bcfcforum.co.uk/topic/30167735/1/

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Oh Misery, Misery. on 22:59 - Dec 17 with 1077 viewsSydneyRs

Oh Misery, Misery. on 20:28 - Dec 17 by Northernr

Yup, lots in this I identify with. Particularly the cup thing. Does my fcking head in.
But you'd absolutely love to have had the decade Swansea have had, with promotions, Premier League top end, a cup win, European football.
Birmingham previously got into the Prem, stayed there, won a cup, drew fcking Brugge in Europe! Imagine that, beating Arsenal at Wembley in the last minute then drawing Brugge in Europe!!
Burnley now.

It can be done. It can be done at a club our size. It can be done by running things properly, and without parachute payments, rather than just chucking petrol dollars around. Bristol City are doing it now.

Sadly, because of our sht behaviour before, we're going to have to go through several years of pain to get us to a point where we can start ourselves off on a road like that. Burnley, Swansea, Birmingham all had many years of strife and building before it happened for them.

But yeh, this idea that all you live for is to get in the Premier League, get out the cups, get to seventeenth every year and then clock off is soul destroying.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I'll add Leicester City to those examples.

It does encourage me that the guy who helped lay the foundations at Burnley is with us. It is absolutely essential that we hang onto him and that the idiot keyboard warriors don't win.
Oh Misery, Misery. on 23:24 - Dec 17 with 1038 viewsTacticalR

Interesting to think that Cotterill was the manager at virtuous Burnley for over three years.

Air hostess clique

Oh Misery, Misery. on 23:45 - Dec 17 with 1013 viewsNorthernr

Oh Misery, Misery. on 23:24 - Dec 17 by TacticalR

Interesting to think that Cotterill was the manager at virtuous Burnley for over three years.

Cotterill has had some notable successes - got Bristol City promoted recently. But he's always been a long ball merchant, and what he was trying to do yesterday was prehistoric. Remember seeing his Cheltenham side play at Scunthorpe years and years ago and it was like going back to the time of the Viking invasions.
Oh Misery, Misery. on 00:23 - Dec 18 with 997 views18StoneOfHoop

Oh Misery, Misery. on 14:29 - Dec 17 by BushRanger82

For clubs like ourselves and Birmingham City, it is becoming increasingly hard to see what the point of our existence is.
If we deliberately rule ourselves out of the cups every blasted time, and are too poor a side to push for any kind of a promotion, then what is left?
Apart from endless cycles of desperately trying to survive in whatever league we happen to be in, nothing, that's what.
And with the death of dreams in football, will come the death of football clubs.
Largely self-inflicted, too.

Yes BR82 good point, 'the death of dreams in football',indeed
As it's the same old same old as The Usual Suspects Big 6 run a closed shop
and left crumbs the rest are simply devil take the hindmost as
'the rich get rich and the poor get poorer'
the 86 rump rest might as well whistle dixie or 'shout to the top'

"When you're knocked on your back - an' your life's a flop
and when you're down on the bottom there's nothing else
but to shout to the top - shout!"

Late edition Stop Press extra - Northernr's excellent post re dreams still being possible for a blessed few - Birmingham,Swansea,Bristol C & Leicester - seems to have trumped any point I was trying to make re dreams. I too is 'never knowingly right' <d'oh!>
[Post edited 18 Dec 2017 2:27]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024