Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the way back... 17:48 - Dec 16 with 10104 viewsMistication92

- Poor game, Birmingham are dogshit, without Smithies' error they had nothing.
- We need to talk about Conor...
- Can we try Robinson upfront?
- Great atmosphere.
- I liked watching those Brummies get thrown out. Not sure for what though.
- Woo a win away!
On the way back... on 18:00 - Dec 16 with 8205 viewsBoston

I was sent a text that Smithies spilled the ball for their goal. How was his performance apart from that?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

On the way back... on 18:09 - Dec 16 with 8123 viewsrsonist

And now Brum have sacked Cotterill just like they did Zola the last time we visited

Just a shame we couldn't have done it to Redknapp...
On the way back... on 18:11 - Dec 16 with 8101 viewsMistication92

That was his only involvement TBH. Birmingham should be bloody worried.
On the way back... on 18:12 - Dec 16 with 8092 viewsBirminghamR

On the way back... on 18:00 - Dec 16 by Boston

I was sent a text that Smithies spilled the ball for their goal. How was his performance apart from that?

He had nothing to do apart from this.
Dealt with crosses comfortably.
Good kicking,
But the error was a bad one.
Seeing as he's best keeper we;ve had for ages...we can allow thos one
On the way back... on 18:16 - Dec 16 with 8055 viewskensalriser

Close at the bottom but hard to see how Brum escape the drop. Sacking Rowlett and later appointing Redknapp was a real double whammy death wish.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

On the way back... on 18:18 - Dec 16 with 8022 viewsnix

Absolutely brilliant from our fans. Unlike their fans who largely filed out at 80 minutes. Plus we all shouted at Robinson to shoot when he was hesitating for the second goal. Wasn’t a classic performance - I’ve seen us play better and lose - but some nice moments and a real team performance.

Worried about Connor too. Didn’t really show anything. Personally I thought Sylla looked like he caused more problems than Smith when he came on. Good to see him playing with wingers.

Just great to see a win.
On the way back... on 19:22 - Dec 16 with 7594 viewsNortholt_Rs

On the way back... on 18:18 - Dec 16 by nix

Absolutely brilliant from our fans. Unlike their fans who largely filed out at 80 minutes. Plus we all shouted at Robinson to shoot when he was hesitating for the second goal. Wasn’t a classic performance - I’ve seen us play better and lose - but some nice moments and a real team performance.

Worried about Connor too. Didn’t really show anything. Personally I thought Sylla looked like he caused more problems than Smith when he came on. Good to see him playing with wingers.

Just great to see a win.

Enjoy it mate! Fair play to all the travelling Rs - something to sing about for a change!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

On the way back... on 19:25 - Dec 16 with 7568 viewsMistication92

It was baffling to see their fans all leave with 5 to go (plus injury time) considering our predilection for late drama.
Login to get fewer ads

On the way back... on 19:44 - Dec 16 with 7419 viewsflynnbo

Just back. Thought our midfield was excellent in the first half where they were biting into tackles with well timed interceptions and we should have been two or three up at the break. After the interval, we had another good chance to extend our lead but then Birmingham grew into the game and got a lucky break. Prior to that rare chance, I thought that they were very poor and were there for the taking but we sat further back, inviting them on and then we resorted to playing on the break. Thought Sylla was very impressive when coming on but Washington is woeful and ought to have been replaced earlier. A good turn out from our fans with good vocal support including several rousing renditions of "Feed the Brummies" which put a few smiles on people's faces. All in all, a deserved three points. Heard they have dismissed Cottterill but it's their board who need to have a good, hard look at themselves .Sometimes, we need to be grateful for what we have and not act like spoilt brats who think we deserve success.
On the way back... on 20:17 - Dec 16 with 7221 viewsLongsufferingR

On the way back... on 19:44 - Dec 16 by flynnbo

Just back. Thought our midfield was excellent in the first half where they were biting into tackles with well timed interceptions and we should have been two or three up at the break. After the interval, we had another good chance to extend our lead but then Birmingham grew into the game and got a lucky break. Prior to that rare chance, I thought that they were very poor and were there for the taking but we sat further back, inviting them on and then we resorted to playing on the break. Thought Sylla was very impressive when coming on but Washington is woeful and ought to have been replaced earlier. A good turn out from our fans with good vocal support including several rousing renditions of "Feed the Brummies" which put a few smiles on people's faces. All in all, a deserved three points. Heard they have dismissed Cottterill but it's their board who need to have a good, hard look at themselves .Sometimes, we need to be grateful for what we have and not act like spoilt brats who think we deserve success.

Word for word spot on.
On the way back... on 20:39 - Dec 16 with 7096 viewsbrewers_hoop

Great reading all these just backs - stuck at work but gave a massive whoop when the second goal went in, much to the surprise of the Premier League colleagues who hadn't registered that a goal had gone in outside the top flight.

Sylla should start every game as far as I'm concerned - best pound for pound goalscorer we have. Yes he was shite at Forest (so was everyone else), yes he sometimes gives the impression he's not interested, but in my humble opinion he's the best bet we have, is a confidence player and needs to know he's first choice.

Washington seems to get more plaudits because he runs around more but with the limited resources we have, I'd back Sylla any day of the week.
On the way back... on 20:51 - Dec 16 with 6963 viewsPommyhoop

On the way back... on 18:00 - Dec 16 by Boston

He seemed to spill quite a few( but recovered or was saved by teammate) on a highlight vid I watched before we got him.
I hope it's not a returning habit.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

On the way back... on 20:56 - Dec 16 with 6924 viewsToast_R

Whisper it quietly, but Smithies for all the smoke that gets blown up his arse - isn't in the best of form right now. If Rob Green had made that error today he'd be getting called every name under the solar system.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 20:57]
On the way back... on 21:47 - Dec 16 with 6613 viewsbosh67

On the way back... on 20:56 - Dec 16 by Toast_R

Whisper it quietly, but Smithies for all the smoke that gets blown up his arse - isn't in the best of form right now. If Rob Green had made that error today he'd be getting called every name under the solar system.

It was a bad error but apart from one at Ipswich I am really struggling to remember another Smithies error since his first ever game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

On the way back... on 22:24 - Dec 16 with 6428 viewsshrewranger

our fans today were immense,thats the only positive from today.birmingham were the
worst team i've ever seen at this level.we were not much better.
three points ,but lets sober up and get real folks.we are poor.
On the way back... on 22:39 - Dec 16 with 6325 viewsBoston

On the way back... on 22:24 - Dec 16 by shrewranger

our fans today were immense,thats the only positive from today.birmingham were the
worst team i've ever seen at this level.we were not much better.
three points ,but lets sober up and get real folks.we are poor.

Cheer up....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

On the way back... on 01:08 - Dec 17 with 5792 viewsMistication92

He's allowed one every blue moon, considering how many times he's saved us. We should've been at least two up by then anyway.
On the way back... on 08:01 - Dec 17 with 5350 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Sometimes you just got to win, and winning ugly don't matter. So well done Rangers.

Its vital to win at teams doing worse than you. It turns the screws on them and a defeat may well have exacerbated the fears of some and enraged the emotions of others.

Great to see JR coming back off some serious injuries. Really hope the lad can push on now.

Just seen the highlights, what an absolute howler of a miss from CW. I love his effort, and we can't fault him there. But I agree with the OP, there is a conversation to be had here about CW.

So, three points. A win and a win away at that. Top banana.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

On the way back... on 09:25 - Dec 17 with 5111 viewsYorkRanger

Delighted with the win yesterday. When confidence is low sometimes you just need to grind out a result. Hopefully we can push on and take something from next week to keep building...
On the way back... on 09:38 - Dec 17 with 5044 viewsDorse

Mainly because that would have been the ninth time he'd done it during that half and everyone's nerves would already be in tatters from watching his goal kicks barely clear our area. Otherwise, he was brilliant. Except when coming for corners or one on ones. Or controlling the box.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

On the way back... on 09:46 - Dec 17 with 5014 viewsfrancisbowles

Was in the ground early yesterday, around 2pm, and watched him go through his drills, including kicking with both feet. He was constantly and very accurately finding the coach beyond the halfway line.

I said to Mrs FB can you imagine watching Green doing this?

If he makes a mistake, and we win then that may make it less likely that someone will come in for him which could be good for us in the longer term.
On the way back... on 09:47 - Dec 17 with 5004 viewsBenny_the_Ball

On the way back... on 21:47 - Dec 16 by bosh67

It was a bad error but apart from one at Ipswich I am really struggling to remember another Smithies error since his first ever game.

Ditto unlike Green where I still remember several.
On the way back... on 12:46 - Dec 17 with 4708 viewsAshdown_Ranger

On the way back... on 19:44 - Dec 16 by flynnbo

"...and not act like spoilt brats who think we deserve success."

Sadly, there a LOT of QPR fans who behave like that, based on the kind of attempts to buy our way out of trouble in recent years.

We are trying to dig our way out of the sh*t re FFP and that means cutting our cloth accordingly.

Despite our lowly position, I'm happier with/about the club than I have been for a long time - and great to have chalked up ur first away win for 10 months.

On the way back... on 13:01 - Dec 17 with 4667 viewskingo

On the way back... on 12:46 - Dec 17 by Ashdown_Ranger

"...and not act like spoilt brats who think we deserve success."

Sadly, there a LOT of QPR fans who behave like that, based on the kind of attempts to buy our way out of trouble in recent years.

We are trying to dig our way out of the sh*t re FFP and that means cutting our cloth accordingly.

Despite our lowly position, I'm happier with/about the club than I have been for a long time - and great to have chalked up ur first away win for 10 months.

I was thinking something similar myself. We have a core group of players who put the effort in till the last whistle and seem to have a good team spirit. Now we have defenders back from injury I think we have a squad capable of surviving BUT Holloway needs to play Sylla and Wheeler more and drop Washington.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

On the way back... on 13:01 - Dec 17 with 4666 viewsPinnerPaul

On the way back... on 21:47 - Dec 16 by bosh67

Really?

Like all GKs there have been plenty.

There have also been plenty of match saving/winning performances as well though
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024