Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pep Talk 21:00 - Dec 16 with 6115 viewsHadders

Watching Man City play Spurs tonight in the John Baird in Muswell Hill, I was backing City with some fervour, as I'd put £100 on them to win (at 6-4). It feels wrong to be "supporting" a spoilt-brat moneybags team like that (even for 90 minutes), yet in mitigation, you have to admit that Guardiola has them playing absolutely thrilling football. Everything about them is brilliant, but if I had to pick out one thing which struck me tonight, it's how confidently and cooly they pass it around from the back, even under pressure from opposition strikers. Their keeper and defenders almost always seem to have perfect control, time and options, and to find a pass. Also...no, I'll stop, at risk of boring myself, even.

Manchester City are no rivals of ours, so I suggest we all enjoy having Pep in our country for while, because he creates extraordinary, unfortgettable teams (who are also winning me a useful bit of pocket money!). I'll admit that I also have a bit of a hetro crush on the guy - he's just so flipping cool, bright and urbane. What is it with these foreign Johnnies? Our Colin or Big Sam, he ain't!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 21:46]
Pep Talk on 12:29 - Dec 17 with 2127 viewsBlackCrowe

Whatever the rights and many wrongs of how much Citeh have spent, they are a joy to watch

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Pep Talk on 13:07 - Dec 17 with 2075 viewsPinnerPaul

Could have been many more

Ali and Kane should both have been sent off, they had a clear penalty turned down and missed 4 or 5 sitters plus a pen AND the rebound!
Pep Talk on 13:12 - Dec 17 with 2064 viewsPommyhoop

Pep Talk on 13:07 - Dec 17 by PinnerPaul

Ali and Kane should both have been sent off, they had a clear penalty turned down and missed 4 or 5 sitters plus a pen AND the rebound!

Just watched these highlights.

Crazy amount of chances . The editor of these highlights loves a celebration.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Pep Talk on 14:03 - Dec 17 with 2040 viewsPinnerPaul

Also Otemendi should have been sent off as well.

Referee was lucky this one ended as it did - he didn't have a great game IMHO.
Pep Talk on 14:15 - Dec 17 with 2034 viewsTacticalR

I thought that there was an FA rule that Spurs players shouldn't be sent off?

Air hostess clique

Pep Talk on 00:11 - Dec 18 with 1926 viewsSydneyRs

Pep Talk on 22:00 - Dec 16 by Hayesender

Man city, like Chelsea, like PSG etc are everything that's wrong with football.

Pep Guardiola best manager ever? No offence but do fck off. See how he does at Cardiff. Not half as good as Warnock is doing I bet!

Agreed. The best thing about them is that they aren't Chelsea and will prevent Chelsea from winning things.

Spare me the gushing adulation though. Same as Chelsea they have just been able to throw far more money around than anyone else. It's like gushing over a multi millionaire having a better car than you.
Pep Talk on 07:18 - Dec 18 with 1870 viewsHadders

Pep Talk on 00:11 - Dec 18 by SydneyRs

Agreed. The best thing about them is that they aren't Chelsea and will prevent Chelsea from winning things.

Spare me the gushing adulation though. Same as Chelsea they have just been able to throw far more money around than anyone else. It's like gushing over a multi millionaire having a better car than you.

To continue with your analogy, I'd say it's like praising Bill Gates for using his millions to save lives rather than being a gross berk, like Trump. I doubt anyone on here is celebrating City running away with the League - who wouldn't be happier if Leicester were doing it again, or Burnley? What some appreciate is the sublime style with which they are doing it.
Pep Talk on 08:39 - Dec 18 with 1838 viewstraininvain

Pep Talk on 07:18 - Dec 18 by Hadders

To continue with your analogy, I'd say it's like praising Bill Gates for using his millions to save lives rather than being a gross berk, like Trump. I doubt anyone on here is celebrating City running away with the League - who wouldn't be happier if Leicester were doing it again, or Burnley? What some appreciate is the sublime style with which they are doing it.

Exactly. Mourinho's spent a fortune at Man Utd & still serves up turgid football.

De Bruyne was written off by the same manager & you can't tell me that anyone expected this kind of form from the likes of Sterling & Delph.
Login to get fewer ads

Pep Talk on 08:56 - Dec 18 with 1832 viewsngbqpr

Pep Talk on 08:39 - Dec 18 by traininvain

Exactly. Mourinho's spent a fortune at Man Utd & still serves up turgid football.

De Bruyne was written off by the same manager & you can't tell me that anyone expected this kind of form from the likes of Sterling & Delph.

Agreed. He makes good players very good, very good players great...arguably in the occasional case he makes great players world class.

I despise the Chelsea / PSG / City model....but City at least do it with just a modicum more class.

And this thread is primarily about Pep the coach...and to see the way he has improved players this season (Sterling the most glaring example)...got round injuries by eg. suddenly making Otamendi look imperious, Mangala look half decent, Delph becoming a left back...kept players happy despite rotation (witness Aguero's celebrating at Old Trafford despite not being picked for their biggest game of the season)....all playing pleasing on the eye football whilst remaining solid at the back....well whatever tools you have at your disposal. that's great coaching

Oh and I loved the Nathan Redmond rant.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Pep Talk on 09:39 - Dec 18 with 1816 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Playing well for sure, but I'll happily wager anyone that Wolves will pip them to the Championship!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Pep Talk on 10:00 - Dec 18 with 1806 viewsBluce_Ree

Pep Talk on 00:11 - Dec 18 by SydneyRs

This.

It's like when Utd were winning everything. Better the devil that isn't Chelsea. Not that it matters. When Chelsea won the Champions League, they ruined football for me. I've never cared as much about the sport since.

Also, yeah, let's not start sucking Pep clean off. It's all well and good when you've got your pick of the world's best players. They're doing great and all that but I wouldn't be unhappy if next season they got relegated.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Pep Talk on 10:37 - Dec 18 with 1782 viewsted_hendrix

I cant really comment as I don't have Sky, BT Vision and I cant be arsed watching MOTD as I find it to 'cosy' listening to the bloody pundits talking bolox.
So I'm gonna comment anyway.
The day will never come when a much need wage cap is introduced right across professional football whereby players, Managers are paid the exact same amount right across the spectrum, there would also be a maximum fee that one club could pay another club for a player say £5k.
Sound stupid? of course it does but at least you could then say that all clubs start on the exact same level and the club that came out on top at the end of the season actually bloody well deserved to.
I can't relate to the amount of financial clout the so called big clubs have at their disposal, nobody will convince me differently that It's fair.
Football has gone mental financially regardless of how well Man City are playing, with all due respect to the OP's original post, Man City and Pep Guardiola should be playing 'thrilling football' every week, they've spent an obscene amount of money to make that happen.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pep Talk on 11:39 - Dec 18 with 1760 views2Thomas2Bowles

If you just equate it to money spent then.

Leicester is the most amazing winner in PL history bar none.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Pep Talk on 07:26 - Dec 19 with 1657 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Pep Talk on 13:45 - Dec 19 with 1586 viewsR_from_afar

Pep Talk on 12:25 - Dec 17 by Pommyhoop

Ok I know he's Scum and all that but Hazards impression of Sterling is pretty much bang on..

You should see Sterling's impression of Hazard kicking a ballboy, though!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024