Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pep Talk 21:00 - Dec 16 with 6113 viewsHadders

Watching Man City play Spurs tonight in the John Baird in Muswell Hill, I was backing City with some fervour, as I'd put £100 on them to win (at 6-4). It feels wrong to be "supporting" a spoilt-brat moneybags team like that (even for 90 minutes), yet in mitigation, you have to admit that Guardiola has them playing absolutely thrilling football. Everything about them is brilliant, but if I had to pick out one thing which struck me tonight, it's how confidently and cooly they pass it around from the back, even under pressure from opposition strikers. Their keeper and defenders almost always seem to have perfect control, time and options, and to find a pass. Also...no, I'll stop, at risk of boring myself, even.

Manchester City are no rivals of ours, so I suggest we all enjoy having Pep in our country for while, because he creates extraordinary, unfortgettable teams (who are also winning me a useful bit of pocket money!). I'll admit that I also have a bit of a hetro crush on the guy - he's just so flipping cool, bright and urbane. What is it with these foreign Johnnies? Our Colin or Big Sam, he ain't!
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 21:46]
Pep Talk on 21:06 - Dec 16 with 3933 viewsBoston

Make me feel worse for supporting the oppo when surrounded by Spurs fans.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 21:07]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pep Talk on 21:19 - Dec 16 with 3893 viewsJigsore

i'd rather City dominated for the next decade playing the wonderful football they do than a similar moneybags team win even a single title with Mourinho-style sh*t.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Pep Talk on 21:24 - Dec 16 with 3868 viewsToast_R

Even the Scum had at least one youth team graduate though, even if he was the devil. City have shop bought from from to back. It seems a little bit hollow somehow.
Pep Talk on 21:27 - Dec 16 with 3860 viewspeejaybee

Pep,Best football manager to ever walk this planet, and that includes all the so called British legendary ones,He also played well for a certain team.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Pep Talk on 21:34 - Dec 16 with 3838 viewsHadders

Love this picture of him as a kid applauding El Tel.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 21:51]
Pep Talk on 21:47 - Dec 16 with 3798 viewsElHoop

Pep Talk on 21:34 - Dec 16 by Hadders

Love this picture of him as a kid applauding El Tel.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 21:51]

He learned more from Colin though apparently:

Pep Talk on 21:51 - Dec 16 with 3771 viewsrsonist

Pep Talk on 21:24 - Dec 16 by Toast_R

Even the Scum had at least one youth team graduate though, even if he was the devil. City have shop bought from from to back. It seems a little bit hollow somehow.

Phil Foden came on for the last 10. City's youth system is very strong, probably the strongest in the country now.

I'd also add that despite costing £100m Stones and Sterling were very far from being the finished articles they look now under Pep. How often have the Scum ever brought through players like that?
Pep Talk on 21:55 - Dec 16 with 3761 viewsToast_R

Stones and Sterling, just the £100M for the pair...
Login to get fewer ads

Pep Talk on 21:58 - Dec 16 with 3750 viewsrsonist

Was a great game tonight. Spurs weren't allowed to string two passes together and resorted to petulance again. Dier Rose and especially Alli can be such stupid brats - Kane should probably have seen red as well.

De Bruyne shoving it right up Alli's 4rse belting his goal in after a foul was one of the great moments of the year IMO.

Still can't get over Ederson though. 70 yard laser guided pings with no run up. Never seen anything like it in my life, it's like a video game cheat code.
Pep Talk on 22:00 - Dec 16 with 3738 viewsHayesender

Man city, like Chelsea, like PSG etc are everything that's wrong with football.

Pep Guardiola best manager ever? No offence but do fck off. See how he does at Cardiff. Not half as good as Warnock is doing I bet!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Pep Talk on 22:02 - Dec 16 with 3729 viewsrsonist

Pep Talk on 21:55 - Dec 16 by Toast_R

Stones and Sterling, just the £100M for the pair...

Ah the QPR fan who still thinks money buys success. Back to the drawing board mate.
Pep Talk on 22:10 - Dec 16 with 3706 viewsAntti_Heinola

Pep Talk on 22:00 - Dec 16 by Hayesender

Pep Guardiola best manager ever? No offence but do fck off. See how he does at Cardiff. Not half as good as Warnock is doing I bet!

Ah, that old ludicrous, nonsensical logic again.

Bare bones.

Pep Talk on 22:24 - Dec 16 with 3665 viewsdaveB

different type of job though, Warnock wouldn't do as well with the money to spend and expectations at City.

Pep is a brilliant manager at top clubs, he has spent a fortune but so has Mourinhio and his team is nowhere near as good to watch as City are. Rather than buy ready made players a lot of his signings have been younger players who he is now developing into world class ones. Pep has now done it at 3 clubs making them so good and exciting to watch, the performance tonight was out of this world at times, they made a very good Spurs side look terrible.
Pep Talk on 22:46 - Dec 16 with 3635 viewsToast_R

Pep Talk on 22:02 - Dec 16 by rsonist

Ah the QPR fan who still thinks money buys success. Back to the drawing board mate.

So without having one of if not the biggest budget in world football, they'd be where they are now?
Pep Talk on 22:59 - Dec 16 with 3609 viewsHadders

A Michelin-starred chef would not be able to make the same food working with cheap frozen ingredients in a greasy caff, but they could probably rustle up a decent fry up. The chef at the greasy caff could not make the Michelin food no matter what ingredients they had. I'm a bit drunk, but I hope the analogy works!
It would be interesting to see Pep with less talented players. He does get players doing Warnocky things like running their socks off - when they occasionally lose possession, their hussling and hunting down of opposing players is exhausting even to watch. They seem furious not to have the ball and determined to get it back immediately.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 23:19]
Pep Talk on 23:10 - Dec 16 with 3579 viewsFDC

Dele Alli could easily have ended De Bruyne's season, horrendous tackle.
Pep Talk on 01:13 - Dec 17 with 3437 viewsBoston

That Dele doesn't strike me as being kosher.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2017 1:14]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pep Talk on 02:10 - Dec 17 with 3396 viewsbob566

come on Hayes. You'd hate to be like city or Barcelona. I wouldn't. Can't believe that
Pep Talk on 02:25 - Dec 17 with 3381 viewsvanrrrr

Pep Talk on 21:58 - Dec 16 by rsonist

Was a great game tonight. Spurs weren't allowed to string two passes together and resorted to petulance again. Dier Rose and especially Alli can be such stupid brats - Kane should probably have seen red as well.

De Bruyne shoving it right up Alli's 4rse belting his goal in after a foul was one of the great moments of the year IMO.

Still can't get over Ederson though. 70 yard laser guided pings with no run up. Never seen anything like it in my life, it's like a video game cheat code.

Thank you Jose for bombing De Bruyne out . I would have to despise him.

What a player. Not just a fancy dan, can take some stick and was still bombing about in the last 5 mins.
Pep Talk on 10:16 - Dec 17 with 3150 viewstraininvain

Pep actually develops players which is potentially good news for England when you see the likes of Stones, Walker, Delph & Sterling playing regularly for City.

Mourinho buys form & discards players quickly if they lose form. E.g. De Bruyne, Salah etc.

It's a shame that Rashford's not at City.
Pep Talk on 10:42 - Dec 17 with 3102 viewsnadera78

I saw footage of Guardiola on the training ground with Sterling the other day. He was trying to get him into the correct position to receive a pass, and you could see Sterling thought it was beneath him to be doing that sort of thing, what with him being the best player in the world and everything. But Guardiola was insistent on it, and stopped the exercise 2 or 3 times until eventually he physically moved him into the body shape he wanted him to be in as the pass arrived.

It was quite instructive actually, to see a coach of Guardiola's standing not only being so directly involved in a training session, but also in terms of the impact he's having on players in an attempt to improve them and the team as a whole.
Pep Talk on 11:19 - Dec 17 with 3054 viewsstevec

Don't really care too much how teams get to reach a higher plain, just enjoy watching it.

Brazil 1970, Holland 1974, QPR 1976. What a wonderful decade.
Pep Talk on 11:21 - Dec 17 with 3053 viewsrsonist

Pep Talk on 02:25 - Dec 17 by vanrrrr

Thank you Jose for bombing De Bruyne out . I would have to despise him.

What a player. Not just a fancy dan, can take some stick and was still bombing about in the last 5 mins.

Enjoyed Pep saying after the game that KDB "runs as hard as a Conference player". He blitzed through that Spurs midfield so often that Dembele must be considering retirement.
Pep Talk on 11:29 - Dec 17 with 3045 viewsrsonist

Thing is you look at that team and contrary to what many here are saying it isn't a tedious certainty that another manager would have them winning 16 in a row let alone producing football of that standard. Look past the expense and this is a defence of three consistent bombscares over the years (Walker Otamendi Mangala) and Delph out of position. And can't you imagine Sterling Sane and Gundogan in Arsenal shirts faffing around flattering to deceive?
[Post edited 17 Dec 2017 11:30]
Pep Talk on 12:25 - Dec 17 with 3002 viewsPommyhoop

Ok I know he's Scum and all that but Hazards impression of Sterling is pretty much bang on..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024