Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner 12:38 - Dec 19 with 2568 viewsTacticalR

We are always looking at clubs who are the success du jour (Burnley, Southampton, Huddersfield etc), so I thought that this was interesting 3-minute portrait of a club that has been muddling along in the Championship for years.

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42401365

Air hostess clique

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 13:04 - Dec 19 with 2521 viewsR_from_afar

Interesting, thanks for posting.

Given the way quite a few clubs have exited the top flight then dropped into the third tier, staying in the Championship for 10 years is actually quite an achievement.

I think the video quoted their debt at £80m; OK, so they have wasted less than us but that goes to show how easy it is to get in hock.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 13:46 - Dec 19 with 2458 viewsNorthernr

Gave a lot of money early on to bad managers - Magilton, Keane, Jewell.
All gone by the time McCarthy got there who for all his basicness probably would have got them up with the same spend.
Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 14:46 - Dec 19 with 2386 viewsbob566

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 13:46 - Dec 19 by Northernr

All gone by the time McCarthy got there who for all his basicness probably would have got them up with the same spend.

Paul Jewell. There's a name that hasn't turned up in a while. Must have a google later to see where he is.
Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 15:06 - Dec 19 with 2360 viewsNorthernr

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 14:46 - Dec 19 by bob566

Paul Jewell. There's a name that hasn't turned up in a while. Must have a google later to see where he is.

He's in the 'bad, sad, mad, desperate' barrel that we'd be scraping if we sacked Holloway.
Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 16:36 - Dec 19 with 2282 viewsrsonist

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 13:46 - Dec 19 by Northernr

Have to wait til Tokyo 2020 when he's flush again.
Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 16:40 - Dec 19 with 2272 viewsWestbourneR

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 15:06 - Dec 19 by Northernr

He's in the 'bad, sad, mad, desperate' barrel that we'd be scraping if we sacked Holloway.

Northern I've got to say I really don't think we're that unappealing an option for a lot of managers outside of the elite. I just don't agree that the only person who'd take us on would be some waster relic. They may not be a household name but there are plenty of coaches / managers in the UK and across Europe that would look at QPR as a great job to get.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 16:43 - Dec 19 with 2263 viewsNorthernr

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 16:40 - Dec 19 by WestbourneR

Northern I've got to say I really don't think we're that unappealing an option for a lot of managers outside of the elite. I just don't agree that the only person who'd take us on would be some waster relic. They may not be a household name but there are plenty of coaches / managers in the UK and across Europe that would look at QPR as a great job to get.

We have zero to spend.
Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 16:49 - Dec 19 with 2244 viewsWestbourneR

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 16:43 - Dec 19 by Northernr

We have zero to spend.

Still a good job to get for 90% of managers out there. The Championship is Europe's 4th biggest league for attendance and QPR are a London club with decent profile with lots of top flight history and good owners.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 17:11 - Dec 19 with 2223 viewsNorthernr

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 16:49 - Dec 19 by WestbourneR

Still a good job to get for 90% of managers out there. The Championship is Europe's 4th biggest league for attendance and QPR are a London club with decent profile with lots of top flight history and good owners.

You'd be an idiot to go anywhere near it, which is why we'll get an idiot.
Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 18:47 - Dec 19 with 2149 viewsisawqpratwcity

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 17:11 - Dec 19 by Northernr

And the best reason for sticking with the incumbent is that there are several others who are doing so much worse.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 19:31 - Dec 19 with 2117 viewsMrSheen

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 17:11 - Dec 19 by Northernr

My hat is officially in the ring.
Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 23:40 - Dec 19 with 2004 viewsBoston

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 19:31 - Dec 19 by MrSheen

My hat is officially in the ring.

....just keep your head on your shoulder's, you'll be fine.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 17:15 - Dec 20 with 1822 views00calben

Evans reaches 10 years as Ipswich owner on 14:46 - Dec 19 by bob566

Saw recently that he was appointed Richie Wellens' number 2 at Oldham
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024