Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenny Dalglish DVD 20:23 - Dec 19 with 1577 viewsToast_R

Had the flu since last week so within the compounds of my pit having missed all Christmas social festivities this year, I've treated myself to some DVDs as a present to myself - Kenny, "89" and the new Micky Flanagan release. Just watched the documentary about Dalglish and it's very very good. I always thought he was a cold miserable bastard but it does enlighten you to what a decent bloke the man really is as well as what a great player he was too. Some of the footage from his Celtic days is excellent. It's a very well made documentary and you by no way need to be a Liverpool fan to appreciate it. Of course there's the obligatory footage of QPR getting torn a new one at Anfield in 87 I think when Bryne dallied on the ball before letting Barnes have a field day with the Rangers defence. Much of the it is related to Hillsborough as you'd guess but again it emphasises his persona and the impact the tragedy had on him at the time and no doubt will for the rest of his life. To think he was there in the players tunnel that day not knowing where his son was for sometime with the knowledge that he was in the Liverpool end somewhere, harrowing stuff. Overall I thoroughly recommend this DVD.

"89" was interesting too but not as well put together as Kenny I feel.
Kenny Dalglish DVD on 13:01 - Dec 20 with 1374 viewsTheChef

I got both recently too, enjoyed both but actually in a way I preferred 89 to Dalglish. Mainly because it was more football focused and I liked the camaraderie of the Arsenal players and their reminiscing. A very different time for football which I don't think we'll have ever again. The Dalglish story was always likely to be dominated by Heysel and Hillsborough, not forgetting the Ibrox tragedy which he was present at as well (!!)

Yes I never knew Dalglish's son was in the away end at Hillsborough, that definitely adds a whole other layer of anxiety to the tragic events that day

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kenny Dalglish DVD on 13:20 - Dec 20 with 1354 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Have liked Dalglish a lot since Hillsborough, a man of huge integrity.

And humour too, which gets missed. Watch this, then watch it a second time and see how he winds Keys up stone-faced. Class!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kenny Dalglish DVD on 13:23 - Dec 20 with 1350 viewsSimonJames

Kenny Dalglish DVD on 13:20 - Dec 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Have liked Dalglish a lot since Hillsborough, a man of huge integrity.

And humour too, which gets missed. Watch this, then watch it a second time and see how he winds Keys up stone-faced. Class!

100% of people who drink water will die.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024