Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? 16:31 - Dec 20 with 36442 viewsswisscottage

Really like Evanescence after first hearing Bring Me to Life and My Immortal on the Daredevil soundtrack back in 2003 and have most of their albums, but never really investigated the gothic or symphonic metal genres back then.

About two weeks ago I heard Amaranth by Nightwish which blew me away and I started looking into the whole Gothic/Symphonic genres. ( I know they're not the same, but there's a big overlap) and I just love the Classical female vocals backed up by symphonic metal.

So currently (excluding Evanescence) I've been listening to and rank in terms of my favorites:
Inside Temptation
Nightwish
Epica
After Forever ( because Floor Jansen is now lead vocalist in Nightwish so I though I'd check them out) - I haven't checked out Revamp yet probably will this weekend.

So from anyone that is really into this genre; are there any other bands you'd recommend, other than me pulling up the 'top 10 gothic metal bands' from Google :) ?
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 11:21 - Jun 9 with 1683 viewsdavid_badwolf

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 15:58 - Jun 1 by swisscottage

Not quite Metal, but I've got hooked on Eurielle, reminded me of Within Temptation's Mother Earth album.

My favourite song of hers:

Yeah, Eurielle's great! As you say, more of a crossover artist than metal though. Watch out for a new album from her in the next few months.
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 16:08 - Jun 22 with 1596 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Dem Teeth.

The Violinist plays with the Miami ballet... I did some erm.... research.

The Keyboard player is a composer.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 19:58 - Jun 22 with 1583 viewsswisscottage

Talking of Lindsey Stirling, and being an old man gamer:

[Post edited 22 Jun 2021 19:59]
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 18:10 - Jun 24 with 1554 viewsdavid_badwolf

Not quite sure what to make of this!

"Metal Opera meets a gothic outlook and ancient ritual. Shredding riffs, hypnotic drums, and operatic vocals. Oryad comes from the Temple of Diana, deep in the woods, with music both heavy and expansive."

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 18:29 - Jul 6 with 1481 viewsdavid_badwolf

A live performance of 'To Get Her' from BELLE MORTE's new album, 'Crime of Passion.'

'The musical project Belle Morte from Minsk, Belarus was founded in 2015. They describe their music as "dark symphonic metal with a gothic/progressive flavor and melancholic vibe."'

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 18:57 - Jul 6 with 1476 viewsswisscottage

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 18:10 - Jun 24 by david_badwolf

Not quite sure what to make of this!

"Metal Opera meets a gothic outlook and ancient ritual. Shredding riffs, hypnotic drums, and operatic vocals. Oryad comes from the Temple of Diana, deep in the woods, with music both heavy and expansive."

That was awesome
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 19:19 - Oct 17 with 1276 viewsdavid_badwolf

Are any of you familiar with the French symphonic metal group, Whyzdom? I'm ashamed to admit that I'd never even heard of them until today! I've been playing some of the 30 second sampler clips from their albums on amazon but, given that most of the tracks are 5-6 minutes long, it's difficult to get a real feeling for this band. There are some full-length videos on their website:

http://www.whyzdom.org/
Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 10:38 - Feb 9 with 1028 viewsMetallica_Hoop

This CD is fantastic.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 22:50 - May 28 with 796 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I thought I'd share this. The music is great.

The lead guitar player is brilliant (shades of Randy on Mr Crowley live with Ozzy i thought)

Anyone here into Gothic or Symphonic Metal? on 00:44 - Nov 19 with 469 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'm sure you guys have seen this but if you haven't enjoy. I got the CD today.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024