Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The End is Nigh 23:59 - Dec 29 with 6135 viewsToast_R

Thought after 2007 we were through with all this. But yet here we are, a small club drifting towards League 1 without a paddle. I was in my early twenties in 2001 and enthusiastic but now I just cant be arsed. Ive not been at all this season, a decision derived from finacial reasons more than lazyness but as much as enjoyed it in the past, Ive not missed it and instead been going to watch my local non league side where you can buy a cheap beer in the clubhouse take it outside and drink it with the other sad bastards watching non league football. I enjoy it. After you can have a little bit of banter with the players in said clubhouse. I get in for a good cause of a tenner and kids under 16 are free with an adult. If QPR toss off the FA Cup next week as per usual, I think I'm done with it for a long time. I'm sad to say it but I just dont get the vibe I used to.
The End is Nigh on 00:07 - Dec 30 with 4643 viewsNortholt_Rs

Cya!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The End is Nigh on 00:08 - Dec 30 with 4644 viewsSharpy36

I`m the same Toast. My local club appreciate me and my money a dam sight more than Rangers do. Although it`s shite football, at least it`s only a 5 minute walk home instead of a 7 hour round trip.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

The End is Nigh on 00:22 - Dec 30 with 4556 viewsBrightonhoop

We've done alright Toast. 0-0 at Ipswich. I remember a 3-1 HT in the 70's and having to exlain a 3-3 FT. An still cannot. Bastards lol

Keep the faith always.

Modern life is rubbish.

Never walk away.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 0:27]
The End is Nigh on 00:29 - Dec 30 with 4531 viewsflynnbo

Come on Toast, it's not that bad and I feel partly responsible given your QPR induction!!
The End is Nigh on 01:01 - Dec 30 with 4446 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to read this.

Conversely for me i've not been this in love with QPR for a long time.

Results have been bit shitty, but haven't they been for 90% of our QPR supporting lives?

They are treating the supporters and the community right again, which I all I ever wanted or asked for. I feel like Forest Gump when Jenny came to her senses. After a couple of years of chasing middle class Malaysians who think Devon White is a breed of cattle, QPR have been forced to come to terms with where their bread and butter is.

The youth team isn't just a Conference League feeder factory anymore and we have QPR people in QPR positions doing it for the love as well as the money. I'll happily see off my money to Sinton, Impey, and Ferdinand all day long.

The Chelsea scarf wearing Koreans and the retirement fund collectors have gone, and I don't want to throw a hand grenade on the pitch any more, even when we lose 6-0 away to Brentford or when the strikers turn into footballing Jaffas like tonight

Non league is great, and i'll always say that the lower you go down the purer the love is. But they'll never be QPR.

I get angry at the supporters sometimes, particularly on here, but I shouldn't. If SteveC wants to slag Luongo or call me a Commie, or if 2T2B wants to tell me to eat shit and die, so be it. It's my fault for being reactive (or sometimes provocative). I'll try and cut that out in 2018. My new motto will be 'what would Brian McCarthy do?'

I hope you get your mojo back anyway.

Baz.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 1:29]
The End is Nigh on 01:10 - Dec 30 with 4408 viewsBrightonhoop

The End is Nigh on 01:01 - Dec 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to read this.

Results have been bit shitty, but haven't they been for 90% of our QPR supporting lives?

They are treating the supporters and the community right again, which I all I ever wanted or asked for. I feel like Forest Gump when Jenny came to her senses. After a couple of years of chasing middle class Malaysians who think Devon White is a breed of cattle, QPR have been forced to come to terms with where their bread and butter is.

The youth team isn't just a Conference League feeder factory anymore and we have QPR people in QPR positions doing it for the love as well as the money. I'll happily see off my money to Sinton, Impey, and Ferdinand all day long.

The Chelsea scarf wearing Koreans and the retirement fund collectors have gone, and I don't want to throw a hand grenade on the pitch any more, even when we lose 6-0 away to Brentford or when the strikers turn into footballing Jaffas like tonight

Non league is great, and i'll always say that the lower you go down the purer the love is. But they'll never be QPR.

I get angry at the supporters sometimes, particularly on here, but I shouldn't. If SteveC wants to slag Luongo or call me a Commie, or if 2T2B wants to tell me to eat shit and die, so be it. It's my fault for being reactive (or sometimes provocative). I'll try and cut that out in 2018. My new motto will be 'what would Brian McCarthy do?'

Baz.

Got any more Jimmy Saville jokes? Because they were....

Seen Messi give Stan a tenner fund on the mutual No 10 and tried supporting Spanish non- league that aint gonn a work. I'm Rangers me. Cant help it so forgive me. UUURRRSSS 8 days a weeek.
The End is Nigh (n/t) on 09:41 - Dec 30 with 3922 viewsmcqpr10

Ah the classic I’m done with rangers post after an admittedly poor defeat. Qpr’s for life not just for the Christmas. The reason why the highs can be so good is because of the many many lows.

If you’re done if we lose the fa cup game then enjoy the non league!
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 9:45]
The End is Nigh on 10:10 - Dec 30 with 3811 viewsnix

Why would you want to go onto a QPR fans forum and say you don’t want to support the club any more? What do you want out of it? To p*ss us off? Check. To get us to all join in? Not me. Like Bazz there’s a lot I prefer in the club in the last couple of seasons. Game for Grenfell, the Forever R’s, the attempt to bring in our youth players. Things aren’t brilliant always on the pitch but what do you expect? My enjoyment from an away win at Birmingham and still being there at Brentford has been worth it.

If you haven’t developed gallows humour and an ability to take pleasure from the slightest bit of glory from being a QPR supporter (the play off final? Beating Wolves and Shefffield Utd at home, or even a victory against a dross Birmingham side away), then it’s definitely the wrong club for you. Enjoy your beer.
Login to get fewer ads

The End is Nigh on 10:15 - Dec 30 with 3786 viewsRangersw12

Close the door quietly on the way out mate although I'm sure you will be back for a decent cup draw or play off tickets

giving it the usual I've supported Rangers years bla bla
The End is Nigh on 10:25 - Dec 30 with 3736 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm enjoying this season more than when we were in the prem under MH and 'arry in fact I hated it

I think we just need some goal scorers, if we had, I think we would have been pushing top 10

People have been hoping Wash and Sylla would come good, they won't. No matter how much you hope or whatever formation or manager. I doubt Pep could get them scoring.

But unless we are pushing for play off's, some supporters just say everything is shite and want another manager or I'm not bothering.

I doubt the op was saying the same when we were in the prem and yet that's when the club was at it's worst.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 10:32]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The End is Nigh on 10:36 - Dec 30 with 3692 viewsfrancisbowles

I was at the game last night. It wasn't great and we lost. BUT we fought hard, as we struggled to get to grips with their sometimes very good passing and moving and more often cynical hoofball and man. We may have been second best but we stayed with it and were still in the game at the end.

We did miss both Scowen and Robinson whilst we saw some nice touches from two young players, BOS and Oteh on his first taste of first team football. Maybe, just maybe they can become decent players for us.

It is the hope and belief that keeps me an R. Dust down after another defeat and go again. It's ingrained.
The End is Nigh on 10:44 - Dec 30 with 3659 viewssmegma

The End is Nigh on 00:08 - Dec 30 by Sharpy36

I`m the same Toast. My local club appreciate me and my money a dam sight more than Rangers do. Although it`s shite football, at least it`s only a 5 minute walk home instead of a 7 hour round trip.

Is it a local club for local people????
The End is Nigh on 10:54 - Dec 30 with 3616 views2Thomas2Bowles

The End is Nigh on 10:44 - Dec 30 by smegma

Is it a local club for local people????

The End is Nigh on 11:19 - Dec 30 with 3530 viewsR_from_afar

I have to admit that there is a lot to dislike about modern football, especially in the higher leagues where the cost and inconvenience for the spectators is greater, with all the expense often leading to high expectations, which, in turn, can lead to crushing disappointment and huge amounts of frustration when one's team ends up resorting to attritional, low risk football in an effort to survive. It's not ideal, I'll give you that, and I definitely don't inconvenience myself as much as I used to when it comes to going to games.

I still go, though, I still care, I still believe, and, in common with others on this thread, I see a lot of positives about the club these days. I feel that things are improving, from a very low base, and that we now have a sound and sustainable strategy, although it may take years for us to actually anything on the pitch.

The board made some terrible mistakes but we are on the right track now and the club has its soul back and a structure which should stand it in good stead. I hope. Keep the faith, be patient, the club needs our support. You Rsss.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The End is Nigh on 11:38 - Dec 30 with 3483 views2Thomas2Bowles

The End is Nigh on 11:19 - Dec 30 by R_from_afar

I have to admit that there is a lot to dislike about modern football, especially in the higher leagues where the cost and inconvenience for the spectators is greater, with all the expense often leading to high expectations, which, in turn, can lead to crushing disappointment and huge amounts of frustration when one's team ends up resorting to attritional, low risk football in an effort to survive. It's not ideal, I'll give you that, and I definitely don't inconvenience myself as much as I used to when it comes to going to games.

I still go, though, I still care, I still believe, and, in common with others on this thread, I see a lot of positives about the club these days. I feel that things are improving, from a very low base, and that we now have a sound and sustainable strategy, although it may take years for us to actually anything on the pitch.

The board made some terrible mistakes but we are on the right track now and the club has its soul back and a structure which should stand it in good stead. I hope. Keep the faith, be patient, the club needs our support. You Rsss.

RFA

That's it really, we are in transition (again) and it's going to be slow with no money. the naysayers just don't have any view past thinking we should be challenging for top 6 that somehow someone else is out there ready and able to do things better with I guess the same players. we all want better results but that's more to having so-called stickers who can't hit a barn door.

14 shots last night4 on target, that's more than Millwall had yet only Bidwell and Luongo draw saves from the keeper.

The End is Nigh on 11:50 - Dec 30 with 3451 viewsbosh67

The End is Nigh on 01:01 - Dec 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry to read this.

Baz.

The community point is very valid. We are fantastic at that. I sympathise with the thread poster because this team is under achieving and it's mainly down to the system, rather than all down to the players. Players are fitter this season, more committed, more honest and Ollie and his staff no doubt are putting their hearts and souls into it. But there does come a point where you look at it and think, blimey, most teams we come up against are better organised, have better systems and most worryingly, seem to figure us out by half time. Our plan B is 'grenade attack'. We are better at attacking but we saw bore tactics by JFH which were akin to watching paint dry, and didn't get great results and now Ollie playing 3-5-2 because Man City are really good at it so it must work here. It doesn't and we have gone backwards again. His stats are 59 games, 17 wins,12 draws and now 30 defeats! 30!!! Nobody loves Ollie more than me but it can't all be blamed on FFP. But... on the off pitch side we have a club to be proud of. Maybe we should simply ditch the football bit? I mean officially, and not in the way we do in most games.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The End is Nigh on 12:16 - Dec 30 with 3387 viewsAshdown_Ranger

"Drifting towards League 1 without a paddle..."

You said you were an enthusiastic 20-something supporter QPR in 2001 - we were RELEGATED to League 1 that year! So what's so different now?

As others have said, we've had a sh*t few years where our owners have conspired to make us a complete laughing stock - whether the overbearing, interfering of Briatore, the "I thought QPR was a restaurant" and "I'll buy anything if it's cheap enough" Ecclestone - or the take every overpaid rip-off-merchant agent on trust and buy the sh*ttest players on the highest wages and still get relegated (twice) TF.

Surely it's not all that sh*te you miss Toast_R?

We're graunching along, slowly slipping down the league, but there are plenty of reason to be happy about QPR...

We're finally losing the last few of the big wage earners.
The owners have (so far) taken the financial hit on our losses.
We have made some decent low-cost signings.
We have some promising youth players coming through.
Team spirit and togetherness is apparently better than it's been for years.
Scouting for new talent has been enhanced.
Plans for better training facilities are continuing (albeit hampered by one legal objection after another...).
Plans for a new stadium too are still on the cards.

We are in a relegation battle, but there's still a decent cushion between us and the drop zone (8 points and a better goal difference).

So what? That's football - there are 24 teams in the division and probably around 20 of them believe they should be chasing promotion to the Prem. But only three will get there - 85% of teams/fans are going to be disappointed come the end of the season.
The End is Nigh on 12:29 - Dec 30 with 3331 viewsAntti_Heinola

I was a bit po'd after last night's result - really thought we'd get something there. But after a negative start to this thread, the rest of it is really heartening. Thanks guys.

Bare bones.

The End is Nigh on 13:53 - Dec 30 with 3139 viewsHarbour

This season every player gives 100% for the whole 90 minutes something that has been missing in the past yes we lack a bit of quality up front but given FFP and years of buying crap players who have just leached off the club we are slowly building a culture and style of play. As long as we stay in the division I think this season for me will be a success...given everything else...and the community work grenfell game forever Rs club have made me very proud of my club.
The End is Nigh on 14:16 - Dec 30 with 3061 viewsTheBlob

Peaks and troughs.I've done 55 years of this shit and still here(sort of).
It's the essence of existence - pain and pleasure, ying and yang,Marks and Spencer(that's not right Blob).
Here's to another 55 years of winding you Guardian Gimps up.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The End is Nigh on 14:52 - Dec 30 with 2958 viewsisawqpratwcity

The End is Nigh on 14:16 - Dec 30 by TheBlob

Peaks and troughs.I've done 55 years of this shit and still here(sort of).
It's the essence of existence - pain and pleasure, ying and yang,Marks and Spencer(that's not right Blob).
Here's to another 55 years of winding you Guardian Gimps up.

'The essence of existence'...?

More like 'the fragrance of flatulence' around here!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The End is Nigh on 14:59 - Dec 30 with 2939 viewsTheBlob

The End is Nigh on 14:52 - Dec 30 by isawqpratwcity

'The essence of existence'...?

More like 'the fragrance of flatulence' around here!

Oh god,the "old trouble" back again?
Open a window mate.

The End is Nigh on 16:30 - Dec 30 with 2842 viewsToast_R

The End is Nigh on 10:10 - Dec 30 by nix

Why would you want to go onto a QPR fans forum and say you don’t want to support the club any more? What do you want out of it? To p*ss us off? Check. To get us to all join in? Not me. Like Bazz there’s a lot I prefer in the club in the last couple of seasons. Game for Grenfell, the Forever R’s, the attempt to bring in our youth players. Things aren’t brilliant always on the pitch but what do you expect? My enjoyment from an away win at Birmingham and still being there at Brentford has been worth it.

If you haven’t developed gallows humour and an ability to take pleasure from the slightest bit of glory from being a QPR supporter (the play off final? Beating Wolves and Shefffield Utd at home, or even a victory against a dross Birmingham side away), then it’s definitely the wrong club for you. Enjoy your beer.

Steady on Nix. Firstly, why wouldn't I post on here, a QPR forum and a valid discussion to be had I thought so?

My OP was stating that I've not been this season due to a financial decision and in my absence I've not missed it as there has been very little to draw me back or as it turns out, swap it for my new found football fix. I renewed my Membership at the start of this season with the intention starting to go again in January when things had settled down a bit. Sending my son to nursery at £55 a day 3 days a week is ridiculously expensive especially when your other half also has already gone part time. QPR with it's expensive match tickets plus travel etc was something I had to sacrifice. It looks like another depressing season under Ian Holloway playing the same way every week reaping the same bollocks. Clueless drivel papered over by punchy soundbites. The man for all the admiration I once had for him, is a clown. Where is this youth development I'm hearing about? Furlong rarely plays, he couldn't wait to get rid of Shodipo, Manning has disappeared with no real explanation and the team continues to be poor in that area lacking creativity but despite the bad performances and the tactics clearly not working very well, the same old thing gets trotted out week after week. I hope this lad coming back from his loan at Wycombe will be the answer and Holloway will have the balls to play him, but given his apparent reluctance to use youth team graduates, I do wonder.

And my particular bug bear of QPR and Holloway sacking off the FA Cup again pissing over the dreams of the clubs supporters this season "will" cement my decision to stay away as I stated last night. No doubt we'll get the usual Holloway soundbite about wanting to win the game before picking a random eleven made up of players with around 3 first team appearances between them this season and moaning that they didn't take their chances as QPR embarrassingly crash out again. Then he'll pick his first eleven for a league match and in all likelyness, muster a draw or bloody lose. Brilliant. They are offering little in return for spending hard earned cash watching the team. Not a decision I take lightly but in my opinion a sensible one when I'm no longer getting the enjoyment out of it that made it all worth the investment. That's just how it feels to me. I never said I'd stop supporting the club, you can't do that in my opinion, there is no on/off switch, it's just I won't be going to watch them anytime soon unless the price drops dramatically where it becomes affordable to reflect the expectations the club now has.

Flynnbo "Come on Toast, it's not that bad and I feel partly responsible given your QPR induction!!"

I've not been to QPR match since where I did'nt appreciate that day. We beat Norwich 3-1 and Les tore them to shreds, I was hooked. Thank you for taking the time to fulfil a young lads ambition. Typically I cojuled a mate of mine to go along to the next home match. QPR were flying and after all it was only Wimbledon... we lost of course.

Ashdown_Ranger "You said you were an enthusiastic 20-something supporter QPR in 2001 - we were RELEGATED to League 1 that year! So what's so different now?"

I'm pushing 40 now, I struggle with the stadium built for 5ft 6 types and I've just got other priorities mate, I'd find a way in the past but now I just look at it and think, is it really worth it? That's not exclusive to QPR, the whole football league has detached itself from match going supporters, it's just not what it was 18 years ago.

Harbour - " As long as we stay in the division I think this season for me will be a success...given everything else...and the community work grenfell game forever Rs club have made me very proud of my club".

I agree with all that but given the cost of going to watch the team, I just don't think that's a selling point to draw me back right now.

I'm regret the post last night was negative and overly dramatic on the back of a poor result. I hope we stuff MK Dons and make the fourth round, the supporters certainly deserve a respite from the league form, just something to raise the spirit (well mine anyway).
The End is Nigh on 16:58 - Dec 30 with 2792 viewsnix

I take your point Toast, we all get fed up sometimes and I bit a bit harder than usual.

Yes I can imagine it’s difficult to prioritise Qpr when you’ve got a young family (and even when you haven’t). And yes sometimes Ollie makes unfathomable decisions. Nbkoto as midfield dynamo against Burton being my particular stand out.

But it’s hard to deal with the constant negativity from our own fans, especially when it seems that we are finally trying to do things the right way. Getting rid of Caulker, Barton, Traore, Sandro et al are evidence of that. If you’d been at Birmingham, you’d have loved it. The fans were brilliant, even when they equalised.

Our youth players aren’t first team regulars yet, but some of them are promising enough to make the first team, which is progress. I haven’t written them off yet.

As for the FA cup, I’m not sure we’ve prioritised that for years. Maybe that’s just what managers who are a bit under pressure do. You could also say, that it’s their chance to try some of these youngsters.

Whatever, telling everyone you’re flouncing rarely goes well, but hope to see you and other disaffected fans back cheering soon.
The End is Nigh on 18:16 - Dec 30 with 2669 viewsTheBlob

He'll be back.
They always come back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024