Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze - Scout Report 15:39 - Dec 30 with 5045 views1JD

Seen a lot of talk on here about Eze and what he is and isn’t etc, so thought I’d offer up a view based on 4 games of watching him at wycombe. Wycombe is my home town club and I often go and watch the chairboys when Rangers are away, or rather when I can’t be arsed with going away with Rangers given our inevitable defeat. And last night at the new den, it was just awful, I’m not one for posting, would rather read, but feel compelled to write something after last night. Might create a separate thread. Anyway, back to Eze.

Position: has been playing as the most advanced of a midfield 3 at wycombe, who play a 4-3-3 formation but arguably it’s a 4-2-3-1, which means Eze is effectively a number 10, playing in the hole behind Adebayo Akinfenwa.

Form: The first 10 games of so he made a huge impact. He was basically unplayable, constantly winning MoM awards one after the other- 5 in total. A real class above, and had that “premier league” feel about him- great touch, technique and vision. And some super silky skills that would make Taraabt proud. I do not say this lightly- he is a fantastic talent. However, now for the bad news to taper it, the last 5 games he has almost invisible. So from unplayable to invisible. Quite a contrast, and after initially wondering how the heck Millwall let him go, now it becomes a little more fathomable.

Pros: talent that cannot be trained- touch, technique and exquisite skills. And a unique ability to ghost past defenders, open up space, and create something out of nothing. A true number 10. Good shooting skills, good passing, good vision.

Cons: biggest problem is he drifts in and out of games too much. Now I see why Holloway said in previous comments he was an amazing talent “but needs to work on his off the ball game”. I presumed this was the usual Holloway quote re. work rate, but now I see otherwise - it’s to do with his positioning, he desire to find pockets of space, and his confidence to demand and own the ball- all of which he needs to work on so as to not be a passenger in games and get marked out. Taraabt was a genius at constantly finding space but also demanding the ball on every occasion. This is what Eze needs to work on most, he almost looks shy and non-plussed at times. He needs to be more hungry and more aggressive to ensure his undoubted talent is exploited.

So do we recall or keep him there? A difficult decision. At first I would of said hands down we should recall, but more recently it’s clear he is not the finished article but that is to be expected at 19 years old. He might be better staying at wycombe, unless of course we plan to play him. We definitely do not have anything like him in the first team and we are crying out for something out of nothing in the final third. Problem is he works best off a hold-up forward, much like the Helguson-Taraabt partnership, and we have none- one of our major problems. The second problem is he needs balls to feet, like Faurlin-Taraabt, and again we have none, another of our major problems. Freeman increasingly hogs it, Scowen and Luongo rarely play incisive forward passes. And our defense just hoofs it. So it remains to be seen if he can have an impact, with the current team. One thing is for sure- he is a huge and exciting talent, just don’t expect too much too soon, as a) he needs to develop, b) we need better player balance and c) a likely change of formation which clearly does not suit us if only for the fact we don’t have any natural wing backs in our squad- a rare world football breed and a bloody difficult formation to pull off effectively
Eze - Scout Report on 17:32 - Dec 30 with 4960 viewsonlyrinmoray

Excellent post Thanks from all Rs fans who want a balanced view of our next best thing player
Eze - Scout Report on 18:32 - Dec 30 with 4865 viewsdaveB

problem he'll have is he plays a similar role to the one Freeman plays as the main attacking midfielder so not sure where he'll fit in, a lot of people seem to assume he's a forward which he isn't
Eze - Scout Report on 21:35 - Dec 30 with 4724 viewsR_from_afar

I was at the Wycombe game today and whilst he made three or four excellent, jinking runs in the first half, he barely touched the ball in the second half and was substituted. So I concur, he was pretty anonymous. Mind you, Wycombe are apt to attack by playing long passes down the wings.

I still think we are in such a deep hole that we might just need to give him a go.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Eze - Scout Report on 15:39 - Dec 31 with 4504 viewsdixiedean

Eze - Scout Report on 21:35 - Dec 30 by R_from_afar

I was at the Wycombe game today and whilst he made three or four excellent, jinking runs in the first half, he barely touched the ball in the second half and was substituted. So I concur, he was pretty anonymous. Mind you, Wycombe are apt to attack by playing long passes down the wings.

I still think we are in such a deep hole that we might just need to give him a go.

RFA

Also went to WW v Mansfield ( if ever a team was created in the image of its manager it's them with the charmless Mr Evans . ) Agree that the game passed Eze by in 2nd Half and he doesn't impose himself on matches but then he's still young with a handful of ( lge 2, note )appearances behind him . Had the pleasure of a quick chat with Gareth post match who confirmed Eze returns on Tuesday. Not sure if chucking him in at deep end in a struggling team will help him or us . Maybe bench if we're behind then bring him on ?
Eze - Scout Report on 17:07 - Dec 31 with 4413 viewsbosh67

Eze - Scout Report on 15:39 - Dec 31 by dixiedean

Also went to WW v Mansfield ( if ever a team was created in the image of its manager it's them with the charmless Mr Evans . ) Agree that the game passed Eze by in 2nd Half and he doesn't impose himself on matches but then he's still young with a handful of ( lge 2, note )appearances behind him . Had the pleasure of a quick chat with Gareth post match who confirmed Eze returns on Tuesday. Not sure if chucking him in at deep end in a struggling team will help him or us . Maybe bench if we're behind then bring him on ?

Can we bring Gareth back with him?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze - Scout Report on 17:36 - Dec 31 with 4378 viewsdixiedean

Eze - Scout Report on 17:07 - Dec 31 by bosh67

Can we bring Gareth back with him?

Well Wycombe don't exactly play sophisticated football it must be said and enough people complain that we play hoofball as it is . Plus I'm loathe to tarnish another legend as with Waddock and eventually Ollie and Birch . So, much as I love Gaz I'd be happy if he didn't come back .
Eze - Scout Report on 20:58 - Jan 1 with 4104 viewsrsonist

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/ollie-on-cardiff-win/

Seems from this we're recalling and intending to play him. Also mentions (albeit in a confused way...) the possibility of playing two number 10s.
Eze - Scout Report on 21:23 - Jan 1 with 4004 views2Thomas2Bowles

Eze - Scout Report on 20:58 - Jan 1 by rsonist

Seems from this we're recalling and intending to play him. Also mentions (albeit in a confused way...) the possibility of playing two number 10s.

Also with no mention of Washington, be could be on his way out

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Eze - Scout Report on 21:34 - Jan 1 with 3941 viewsGloryHunter

Eze - Scout Report on 20:58 - Jan 1 by rsonist

Christ, Millwall have really got to him, haven't they. He can't stop talking about Millwall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024