Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What made you happy in 2017? 11:47 - Dec 31 with 3706 viewsMrSheen

Any mention of Dick Pound.
What made you happy in 2017? on 11:49 - Dec 31 with 2468 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is that a new currency like Bitcoin?
What made you happy in 2017? on 11:52 - Dec 31 with 2459 viewsLblock

Red wine

Lots of red wine

I also got another Labrador in August at 5 months Old, he made me happy but is a proper challenge at the moment

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What made you happy in 2017? on 11:53 - Dec 31 with 2463 views2Thomas2Bowles

We did not get relegated to the disappointment of a few on here.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

What made you happy in 2017? on 13:07 - Dec 31 with 2376 viewsQPR_John

What made you happy in 2017? on 11:53 - Dec 31 by 2Thomas2Bowles

We did not get relegated to the disappointment of a few on here.

Grow up.
What made you happy in 2017? on 13:15 - Dec 31 with 2373 viewsted_hendrix

Grandchildren.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What made you happy in 2017? on 13:19 - Dec 31 with 2367 viewsNorthernr

- Three weeks on a Spanish vineyard
- Hull FC won the Challenge Cup again
- Redknapp being exposed as a fraud again, including a glorious Sky interview where he said he hadn't been allowed to spend enough money or buy enough players after they'd lost to those well known prolific spenders of money BURTON ALBION.
- Mourinho's latest meltdown.
- Birmingham away, twice.
- The first six or seven home games this season. I thought we played well and were pretty entertaining.
What made you happy in 2017? on 13:40 - Dec 31 with 2334 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

My missus.

EDIT: She's not looking over my shoulder now, so it's booze and Jasmine Harman.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 13:42]
What made you happy in 2017? on 13:56 - Dec 31 with 2302 viewsTonto

Mrs Tonto (I bat waaay above my average)
Not having a cough all year like 2016
Getting back under 20 minutes at Parkrun for the first time in 2.5 years (see above)
QPR Having a 100% record for games I’ve attended

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

What made you happy in 2017? on 14:52 - Dec 31 with 2234 viewsPinnerPaul

I retired!
What made you happy in 2017? on 16:15 - Dec 31 with 2185 viewsAshdown_Ranger

My youngest son's neuorologist consultant at Kings doesn't want to see him for a year, after two years of 6 monthly scans and consultations following an op on his brain tumour, it's seemingly/hopefully in remission.
What made you happy in 2017? on 16:34 - Dec 31 with 2159 viewsPunteR

What made you happy in 2017? on 16:15 - Dec 31 by Ashdown_Ranger

My youngest son's neuorologist consultant at Kings doesn't want to see him for a year, after two years of 6 monthly scans and consultations following an op on his brain tumour, it's seemingly/hopefully in remission.

Good to hear. Hopefully you can put all that stuff behind you now. Wishing you all the very best for you and your son.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What made you happy in 2017? on 16:36 - Dec 31 with 2157 viewsPinnerPaul

Rather puts 99.9% of the nonsense on here into perspective.

Great news for you, hope he stays well in 2018.
What made you happy in 2017? on 16:45 - Dec 31 with 2143 viewsTonto

Ok you win!

Seriously I hope the good news continues in 2018 and beyond

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

What made you happy in 2017? on 16:59 - Dec 31 with 2120 viewssuperhoopdownunder

My 4 year old son Luke recovering well from a pretty serious illness
Spending quality time with my brother and his family in Perth at the start of the year and then with my sister and her family at the end of the year in Sydney.
Achieving great results and being appreciated in my new work (less Corporate driven)
Being able to see QPR play each week live (albeit remotely)
Being connected to QPR via Loft for Words Forum - otherwise I'd struggle with no friends nearby or QPR fans to chat with
Many Thanks
James
U R's
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 17:11]
What made you happy in 2017? on 17:03 - Dec 31 with 2111 viewsloftboy

A few things, moving to east London to move in with my girlfriend who I met after my marriage breakup, landing a new job, my 50th birthday and a trip of a lifetime to New york with my lifelong mate, also a trip to Berlin and a decent holiday to Rhodes, finally getting access to my kids who were moved against my will up north. The birth of my second granddaughter in October.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 23:45]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What made you happy in 2017? on 17:19 - Dec 31 with 2082 viewsLblock

Winner! Lovely, lovely stuff to read

Also a perspective reset

What made you happy in 2017? on 17:20 - Dec 31 with 2079 viewsLblock

What made you happy in 2017? on 16:59 - Dec 31 by superhoopdownunder

My 4 year old son Luke recovering well from a pretty serious illness
Spending quality time with my brother and his family in Perth at the start of the year and then with my sister and her family at the end of the year in Sydney.
Achieving great results and being appreciated in my new work (less Corporate driven)
Being able to see QPR play each week live (albeit remotely)
Being connected to QPR via Loft for Words Forum - otherwise I'd struggle with no friends nearby or QPR fans to chat with
Many Thanks
James
U R's
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 17:11]

Equal winner for first line

What made you happy in 2017? on 17:23 - Dec 31 with 2069 viewsLblock

What made you happy in 2017? on 17:03 - Dec 31 by loftboy

A few things, moving to east London to move in with my girlfriend who I met after my marriage breakup, landing a new job, my 50th birthday and a trip of a lifetime to New york with my lifelong mate, also a trip to Berlin and a decent holiday to Rhodes, finally getting access to my kids who were moved against my will up north. The birth of my second granddaughter in October.

Top man referee!!!!

Glad you kept the chin up my old son. Good things happen to good people....eventually
Be sure to look me up in the usual pre and post match spot and the old AEWFC boys will buy you a pint or five and still convince you that you were wrong to send Steve off that day!!!

HNY fella

What made you happy in 2017? on 17:23 - Dec 31 with 2072 viewskarl

What made you happy in 2017? on 13:40 - Dec 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

My missus.

EDIT: She's not looking over my shoulder now, so it's booze and Jasmine Harman.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2017 13:42]

What, no pies!?

Kids as mascots at LR was probably the highlight, great experience and well done to the club.
Leigh Griffiths goals against England was a tremendous few minutes but Mavis Riley went and spoilt it!
What made you happy in 2017? on 17:30 - Dec 31 with 2057 viewsnix

Bodyboarding in the turquoise waters in Vietnam
Watching Mo Farah score a goal at Loftus Road
Seeing my son run the length of the pitch to high five his friend who’d scored an unlikely goal in his first ever match of football playing for the school team

Although all this pales into insignificance compared to those of you who have seen children get better after illness. Wishing them a happy and healthy 2018.
What made you happy in 2017? on 19:11 - Dec 31 with 1997 viewsBrightonhoop

What made you happy in 2017? on 17:03 - Dec 31 by loftboy

Glad to hear it's working out in your favour Loftboy.

For me, I think it has to be having finally found a secure home and making alot of fine, good friends of the Spanish.
What made you happy in 2017? on 19:43 - Dec 31 with 1968 viewsRs_Holy

Ghent
What made you happy in 2017? on 19:47 - Dec 31 with 1966 viewsShotKneesHoop

What would make it for me would be Redknobb taking over yet another triffik, top, top, Prem club and totally phooking them up. Man U would be a perfect match, one money orientated arse running a club that runs on the same lines. Then I might start to believe in God, Father Christmas, FIFA, ECB, Parliament, Brexit and Privatised Railways. Some hope.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

What made you happy in 2017? on 21:46 - Dec 31 with 1873 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What made you happy in 2017? on 17:23 - Dec 31 by karl

What, no pies!?

Kids as mascots at LR was probably the highlight, great experience and well done to the club.
Leigh Griffiths goals against England was a tremendous few minutes but Mavis Riley went and spoilt it!

Every year Pies make me happy, so I excluded them!
What made you happy in 2017? on 22:08 - Dec 31 with 1855 viewsdanehoop

Can't be that Ashdown. All the best to you and your family.

For me it was Danehoop Junior 2 saying "I love you daddy" for the first time. Massive progress for 11 year old moderate to severely autistic little boy and still makes me melt when he says it. Danehoop Junior his elder brother who is "only" mildly autistic reckons he is just repeating what he heard from watching TV and he has worked out that by saying it to me all is immediately forgiven. He is probably right, but even that level of awareness is encouraging.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024