Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Their pen 18:19 - Jan 1 with 4466 viewsBlackCrowe

Did anyone sat that end got an opinion on the awarded penalty? Looked nothing in at all from where i sat. Despite that ref was terrible today, really poor.

Separately, why the hell do a section of our support boo Hoilett. He wasn't our greatest player but was instrumental in giving most of us our greatest QPR moment in the playoff final. For that alone, the booing was just flipping embarrassing.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Their pen on 18:34 - Jan 1 with 4373 viewssmegma

Hoilett was the best player on the pitch first half. Then a wee Irishman thought 'I'm not having that' second half and showed him.
Their pen on 18:39 - Jan 1 with 4336 viewsBoston

Spot on BlackCrowe, that's exactly what I think about Hoilet, everything else was forgiven.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Their pen on 18:48 - Jan 1 with 4276 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I didn't really get the booing to be honest.
I suspected it would backfire. I never like the "one nil and you f$@ked it up chants until the final whistle has gone either.
Their pen on 18:53 - Jan 1 with 4233 viewssmegma

Having seen the highlights on here, I can see why the pen was given. And Bidwell doesn't complain too much. The ref was still $hite though
Their pen on 19:34 - Jan 1 with 4021 viewswittle

He milked the club for 4 years by doing fcuk all and Hardly breaking a sweat, even his cross in the play off final went straight to a derby player so I don't see how he gets credit for that . I enjoyed booing him today .
Their pen on 19:41 - Jan 1 with 3955 viewsdavman

Daft challenge - gave the ref something to think about.

Sums Bidwell up for me - not too clever...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Their pen on 20:08 - Jan 1 with 3812 viewsWestonsuperR

I don’t agree with booing ex-players only because this generally acts as encouragement and they often play better. I do understand why Hoilett was booed though, aside from has largely poor performances for us whilst picking up a huge salary he felt the need for wild celebrations in front of the away end when he scored against us at Cardiff.
Their pen on 20:09 - Jan 1 with 3805 viewskropotkin41

I was at the game at Cardiff and it was bloody embarrassing the way many of our away support treated Hoillet. The lad played a lot of games for us and deserves some respect. He hates us now and ups his game against us I'm sure.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Their pen on 20:14 - Jan 1 with 3768 viewsLongsufferingR

Their pen on 20:09 - Jan 1 by kropotkin41

I was at the game at Cardiff and it was bloody embarrassing the way many of our away support treated Hoillet. The lad played a lot of games for us and deserves some respect. He hates us now and ups his game against us I'm sure.

Yes, he played a lot of games for us. Not once in four years though did he show a quarter of the effort he is now putting in at Cardiff. I have no respect for anybody who can turn performances on and off whenever they like, and he earned no respect at all.

Noticeable that Connolly got a nice reception and even Brian Murphy was clapped at the Loft end. He earned more respect by sitting on the bench for two years than Hoilett did on four years of bang average running into defenders.
Their pen on 20:25 - Jan 1 with 3697 viewskropotkin41

Their pen on 20:14 - Jan 1 by LongsufferingR

Yes, he played a lot of games for us. Not once in four years though did he show a quarter of the effort he is now putting in at Cardiff. I have no respect for anybody who can turn performances on and off whenever they like, and he earned no respect at all.

Noticeable that Connolly got a nice reception and even Brian Murphy was clapped at the Loft end. He earned more respect by sitting on the bench for two years than Hoilett did on four years of bang average running into defenders.

I'm not saying he was the greatest. Still, nothing comes of slagging someone off who played 120 games for us and helped to get us promoted.

Their pen on 20:31 - Jan 1 with 3663 viewstoboboly

He was terrible for us and even his one glory moment was a fcked up pass rescued by keogh.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Their pen on 20:33 - Jan 1 with 3647 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Four years, 112 appearances, 12 goals and just one (ONE!) memorable moment.

Not in my memory at all a game where he terrified the opposition, not once did I think "what a player we have here"

Four years at what fifty large a week, plus monster signing on fee for out of contract player (even if we did have to pay development fee to Rovers) Say bye bye to at least £15,000,000.

And yes we offered the contract, but by Christ we did expect some effort on his part.
Their pen on 20:35 - Jan 1 with 3625 viewsMatch82

Their pen on 18:53 - Jan 1 by smegma

Having seen the highlights on here, I can see why the pen was given. And Bidwell doesn't complain too much. The ref was still $hite though

I will give the ref credit for the way he dealt with the disallowed goal though. After confirming the decision he took the time to explain it to the Cardiff players rather than just running away, in fairness to the Cardiff players they also seemed to accept the explanation.

I'll admit my generous perception might be slightly skewed by the result
Their pen on 20:36 - Jan 1 with 3613 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Even if he ups his game, he'll still be sh!t
Their pen on 20:40 - Jan 1 with 3598 viewsLblock

WTF?!?! People actually insinuating Junior WC should’ve been given a rousing welcome at W12?!? Feck dat and all who sail in the idea

He’s up there on the list of Bungle signings who weren’t managed and rinsed the club. I’d of cheered him off but only on a stretcher
Corinthians FC not me

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Their pen on 20:44 - Jan 1 with 3560 viewskropotkin41

Their pen on 20:40 - Jan 1 by Lblock

WTF?!?! People actually insinuating Junior WC should’ve been given a rousing welcome at W12?!? Feck dat and all who sail in the idea

He’s up there on the list of Bungle signings who weren’t managed and rinsed the club. I’d of cheered him off but only on a stretcher
Corinthians FC not me

Not a rousing welcome, no. A little respect and not dog's abuse. That's all. No big deal. It wasn't his fault that that team was like that under Redknapp.

Their pen on 20:45 - Jan 1 with 3558 viewsBlackCrowe

Corinthians FC not me

Please point out where on this thread anyone has "insinuated Junior WC should’ve been given a rousing welcome". It's the booing that makes us look two-bit.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Their pen on 20:46 - Jan 1 with 3550 viewsAntti_Heinola

Corinthians FC not me

I don't think that's what people are saying. More - just don't boo - it spurs players on, it's counter productive.
And any fan who gets annoyed about a player celebrating against his old club deserves all they get anyway. Get over it FFS.

Bare bones.

Their pen on 20:49 - Jan 1 with 3525 viewsTacticalR

On Hoilett...I think people are underestimating what he did towards the end with us and overestimating what he is doing for Cardiff.

Have a look at his goal numbers in 2015—16 and 2017—18:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junior_Hoilett#Career_statistics

Not a world-beater and like so many of our players much better in the Championship than in the Premiership (even if we paid Premiership prices for them).

Air hostess clique

Their pen on 20:53 - Jan 1 with 3498 viewswittle

Their pen on 20:46 - Jan 1 by Antti_Heinola

I don't think that's what people are saying. More - just don't boo - it spurs players on, it's counter productive.
And any fan who gets annoyed about a player celebrating against his old club deserves all they get anyway. Get over it FFS.

If booing him spurs him on maybe we missed a trick and should have booed him for the 4 years he spent with us doing nothing but picking up his hefty wage , we might have got a tune out of him .
Their pen on 20:59 - Jan 1 with 3473 viewsCheshireR

We are sat in the 2nd row of X block and could see Bidwell with a handful of the Cardiff player's shirt. The ref was less than 10 yards away, so presumably had a better view than us. Poor defending I'm afraid.
It would have been nice had the ref penalised their keeper and defenders for repeatedly doing the same to young Smyth at most first half corners.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024