Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Advise Please (HR Related ) 12:52 - Jan 5 with 22981 viewspaulparker

ok so at work we have a woman who is very, very , very racist and outspoken
I have now clashed with this woman as she has been "bullying" other people and I cannot sit by and watch that ( I hate bullys) , to the trained eye I look like the aggressor because i stood up for her and told her to f off as a male I can see how this looks
I have now made a complaint to the upper management about her "comments " about other races , some of it is very near the knuckle
now am I wrong to do this? have I opened up a huge can of worms for myself
most of the office floor are blanking me
as anyone else had to do this ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 11:01 - Jan 16 with 2547 viewspaulparker

Today is the day comrades , Ko is at 3pm

thanks once again for each and everyone one of you and your great advice
its all taken on board , the woman is question has actually had 2 pops at me in the office since Friday all noted my manager in an email to me asking me if I was ok (she still wont do anything btw )

I will keep you informed of the outcomes

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 11:05 - Jan 16 with 2536 viewsisawqpratwcity

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 11:01 - Jan 16 by paulparker

its all taken on board , the woman is question has actually had 2 pops at me in the office since Friday all noted my manager in an email to me asking me if I was ok (she still wont do anything btw )

Keep your cool and good luck.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 11:11 - Jan 16 with 2518 viewsDorse

Good luck today PP - we're all thinking of you.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 11:33 - Jan 16 with 2468 viewsstevec

Must be the first Tuesday 3pm KO since slamming Chelsea in the early 1970's. Like your style.

Good luck PP.
Advise Please (HR Related ) on 12:02 - Jan 16 with 2415 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Good luck today.

Racism very much in the news in the last few days with Ukip leader Henry Bolton's girlfriend Tweeting her bile about Megan Markle -

'Prince Harry's black American fiancee will taint the Royal Family with her seed and pave the way for a black king...'

Great that you're making a stand PP.
Advise Please (HR Related ) on 12:23 - Jan 16 with 2383 viewsBklynRanger

Excellent, supportive thread - one for the archives. Best of luck today PP.
Advise Please (HR Related ) on 12:25 - Jan 16 with 2375 viewsW7Ranger

Good luck PP.
Advise Please (HR Related ) on 12:26 - Jan 16 with 2375 viewsJuzzie

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 12:02 - Jan 16 by Ashdown_Ranger

Good luck today.

Racism very much in the news in the last few days with Ukip leader Henry Bolton's girlfriend Tweeting her bile about Megan Markle -

'Prince Harry's black American fiancee will taint the Royal Family with her seed and pave the way for a black king...'

Great that you're making a stand PP.

Jesus wept. As well as being obviously racist she's clearly too stupid to understand how ascension to the throne works.

Unless something happens along the lines of 'King Ralph', the line of succession after Charles is with Prince William and his two (soon to be three) children and then their descendants.

She needn't worry her little racist head.

Edit: oh, and the seed is provided by the father.

Thank god I don't do Twitter. Full of idiots.

[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 16:23]
Login to get fewer ads

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 12:28 - Jan 16 with 2362 viewsPhildo

good luck today mate,
Advise Please (HR Related ) on 12:29 - Jan 16 with 2359 views2Thomas2Bowles

Worried idi amin would come back

Went down well in Scotland

or not as the case may be

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 12:46 - Jan 16 with 2325 viewshoopdog

Paul you opened your mouth ! have the courage to stand up for what you believe don't be a petal and ask others for advice man up and stand by your beliefs right or wrong
Advise Please (HR Related ) on 12:47 - Jan 16 with 2322 viewsngbqpr

good luck PP

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 12:52 - Jan 16 with 2304 viewsCroydonCaptJack

All the best mate.
Just keep your cool and don't bite if she tries to provoke you to help her case.
Advise Please (HR Related ) on 13:23 - Jan 16 with 2249 viewsSimonJames

Best of luck. Keep a cool head and stick to the facts.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 13:28 - Jan 16 with 2233 viewsMick_S

Good luck PP - Stick it to 'em.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 14:37 - Jan 16 with 2142 viewsBrightonhoop

Good luck and keep a cool head.
Advise Please (HR Related ) on 14:38 - Jan 16 with 2142 viewslondonscottish

All the best Mr P.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 14:56 - Jan 16 with 2118 viewsjohncharles

Good Luck Paul.

Strong and stable my arse.

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 15:01 - Jan 16 with 2113 viewsJuzzie

And now it begins. Good luck PP!
Advise Please (HR Related ) on 16:26 - Jan 16 with 1985 viewspaulparker

Righty ho

just back from this mediation , and all of you are pretty spot on as they couldn't get a broom large enough to sweep it under the carpet
she stated that I threated he for no reason and that I had been brewing for a fight with her for months !! and that get this she is a placid person who just wants to get on with her work and everyone else , I followed Neil's advice and said I was out of order for swearing but said I was upset at her behaviour and appalled by her choice of language about others , she said she has had sleepless nights at being called a racist and a bully and that I had caused this
I then gave examples of the words she used and get this she said it was more than likely "banter" and that no one has taken offence , she said that were her views and she is entitled to them , but I said she was out of order saying what she did in an aggressive tone and that I was offended
anyway she then and this was the most creepy thing going got up and said "just give me a hug " she actually got up to hug me
I said no as it wasn't professional , the mediator then said that I should and we can put "all this behind us"
I then asked for the meeting to be stopped and that ladies and gentlemen is where we are at

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 16:37 - Jan 16 with 1952 viewsSimonJames

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 16:26 - Jan 16 by paulparker

Righty ho

just back from this mediation , and all of you are pretty spot on as they couldn't get a broom large enough to sweep it under the carpet
she stated that I threated he for no reason and that I had been brewing for a fight with her for months !! and that get this she is a placid person who just wants to get on with her work and everyone else , I followed Neil's advice and said I was out of order for swearing but said I was upset at her behaviour and appalled by her choice of language about others , she said she has had sleepless nights at being called a racist and a bully and that I had caused this
I then gave examples of the words she used and get this she said it was more than likely "banter" and that no one has taken offence , she said that were her views and she is entitled to them , but I said she was out of order saying what she did in an aggressive tone and that I was offended
anyway she then and this was the most creepy thing going got up and said "just give me a hug " she actually got up to hug me
I said no as it wasn't professional , the mediator then said that I should and we can put "all this behind us"
I then asked for the meeting to be stopped and that ladies and gentlemen is where we are at

The mediator also sounds like they should be sacked!

Sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved for you.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 16:42 - Jan 16 with 1940 viewsDorse

Righty ho

'Just give me a hug?'

Un-fcuking-believable. Firstly, the mediator sounds like an absolute cretin: if you had suggested doing something similar you'd be out on your arse! Professional it ain't. Encouraging a colleague of the opposite sex to engage in unwanted physical contact...? In the current climate...?

Secondly, 'Banter', last time I checked, doesn't constitute a sound legal defence when accused of racism. Furthermore, they may be 'her views and she is entitled to them' but when they breach UK law and the company Ts & Cs I think she might find them a little less empowering.

Fair play to you PP.

This 'mediation' has not solved the core issue and the company has singularly failed in its duty of care towards employees.

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 16:45 - Jan 16 with 1919 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Righty ho

Innocent people don't offer hugs.

Was the mediator internal HR or ACAS?
Advise Please (HR Related ) on 16:50 - Jan 16 with 1901 viewsAshdown_Ranger

A HUG!!!

'kin ell...

Sounds a right farce of a 'mediation' session... is that the end of the matter?

Was your father-in-law there too - what were his thoughts?

Anyway, she offered the hug, so a moral victory on your part - let's hope her supposedly positive vibe continues in the office...
Advise Please (HR Related ) on 16:51 - Jan 16 with 1897 viewsDorse

Advise Please (HR Related ) on 16:45 - Jan 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Was the mediator internal HR or ACAS?

Words to live by.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024