Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sylla not featuring today 18:30 - Jan 6 with 15544 viewsbosh67

We know Luongo was rested today but do we read anything into Sylla not featuring in the squad? Injured? Rested? Lined up to leave?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sylla not featuring today on 17:05 - Jan 12 with 2513 viewsSimonJames

Sylla not featuring today on 16:10 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

He hasn't started Washington for ages and Smith has done well (compared to both Sylla and Washington) plus his other solution produced a match winning goal/performance (Smyth) - so no I don't think he IS being perverse at all!

The fact that, other than Brum and Burton, we're the only team that don't have anybody in the top 30 Championship scorers at this stage of the season might suggest that Ollie still can't decide how (and who) to play his attack.
Even Ryan Sessegnon, who is usually a left back, has more goals than any of our players.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sylla not featuring today on 17:05 - Jan 12 with 2516 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Sylla not featuring today on 10:38 - Jan 7 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Sylla has started 24 games in the last two seasons according to the stats here -

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/queens-park-rangers-team-stats?competition=23&s

Over 2016/17 and 2017/18 our strikers compare like this -

Sylla.......14 goals......2389 minutes played.....171 minutes per goal
Smith.....12 goals......2626 minutes played.....219 minutes per goal
Washington..11 goals..3915 minutes played..356 minutes per goal
Mackie...5 goals......2216 minutes per goal....443 minutes per goal

The same stat (last two seasons) for some of the more prolific scorers in the Championship at the moment -
Assombolonga....156 minutes per goal
Vibe....................165 minutes per goal
Vydra..................174 minutes per goal
Reid (Bris C)........269 minutes per goal
Adomah..............283 minutes per goal

For me by far the most important thing with strikers is how often they score. That's their job. Assists are good too. What they look like while their doing it is neither here nor there. People who criticise Sylla, or don't start him in the team, should reflect on those stats.

These stats are the best comparison because they cover the period when Smith, Sylla, Washington and Mackie have all been playing for QPR i.e. the last two seasons. What's the point in any other stats? What's the point in going back years to a time when they were better or worse, playing for different teams in different divisions? What's the point in limiting it to this season?

The only point is if you do not like the facts staring you in the face, which are that Washington is out of his depth and Smith and Sylla are the best options.

As for they are all as bad as each other argument, that is strictly for the idiots who got it wrong and backed Washington.

As for the myth of Washington's useful pressing watch him closely next time. If he ever looks like getting to a defender with the ball he slows down to give the defender time to pass. He runs about a lot but to absolutely no effect.

Neither Sylla nor Smith are what we would like but they deserve support and on the goals per minute comparison are not far behind some good Championship strikers.
Sylla not featuring today on 17:28 - Jan 12 with 2482 viewsWestbourneR

Sylla not featuring today on 16:47 - Jan 12 by daveB

what are you on about Holloway being perverse in who he picks, he hasn't picked Washington in weeks and Sylla has started 3 of the last 4 league games in which the only goal we scored was an own goal.

IH gave Washington chance after chance over a long period earlier this season despite him not scoring. Sylla has not been afforded the same run.

That's what I am on about.

I think we'll all agree, this has got boring.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Sylla not featuring today on 17:34 - Jan 12 with 2468 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I have to admit. Despite this discussion and others i've read/participated in. Despite all the stats. Despite all the games i've seen.

I'm still undecided about who our least crap striker is!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Sylla not featuring today on 17:42 - Jan 12 with 2454 viewsSimonJames

Sylla not featuring today on 17:34 - Jan 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

I have to admit. Despite this discussion and others i've read/participated in. Despite all the stats. Despite all the games i've seen.

I'm still undecided about who our least crap striker is!

Mind you, Cardiff's top scorer is Junior Hoilett (6) and they're not doing too badly.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Sylla not featuring today on 18:00 - Jan 12 with 2430 viewsloneranger1

Sylla not featuring today on 17:28 - Jan 12 by WestbourneR

IH gave Washington chance after chance over a long period earlier this season despite him not scoring. Sylla has not been afforded the same run.

That's what I am on about.

I think we'll all agree, this has got boring.

Yep! There was a point on about p2 where interesting points were being made but wvery time I've looked at the thread over the past few days, virtually nothing new has been added to the debate..

Looks like one of those cases of agreeing to disagree for now, although there is at least now concensus about Washington
Sylla not featuring today on 20:56 - Jan 12 with 2351 viewsKernowRanger

JET suddenly getting 90 minutes for the u23s today - surely we're not going to waste time giving him another chance?
Sylla not featuring today on 21:20 - Jan 12 with 2322 viewsGroveR

Sylla not featuring today on 20:56 - Jan 12 by KernowRanger

JET suddenly getting 90 minutes for the u23s today - surely we're not going to waste time giving him another chance?

Were they playing against a team of under 23 girls perchance (laydeez free b4 11)? #swazz
Login to get fewer ads

Sylla not featuring today on 22:31 - Jan 12 with 2252 views2Thomas2Bowles

He missed a pen and a couple of other chances.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 22:31]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Sylla not featuring today on 23:55 - Jan 12 with 2199 viewssmegma

Are we there yet???
Sylla not featuring today on 00:05 - Jan 13 with 2190 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Sylla not featuring today on 17:42 - Jan 12 by SimonJames

Mind you, Cardiff's top scorer is Junior Hoilett (6) and they're not doing too badly.

Good point. We're in a funny situation (again) where we're in a league with quite a few teams a little bit better than us. Not too many teams very much worse than us.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Sylla not featuring today on 00:29 - Jan 14 with 2018 viewssmegma

Oteh has 1 goal after only 87 minutes of first team action.

Including reserves, he has 14 in 15 appearances this season.

Smyth has an even better goal ratio.
Sylla not featuring today on 19:02 - Jan 14 with 1727 viewsLongsufferingR

Sylla not featuring today on 14:07 - Jan 12 by Northernr

Arguing over the relative merits of QPR's strikers is like judging the Miss Scunthorpe Pageant really isn't it? They're all not very good, and we can't do very much about it.

It's worse than you thought Clive

Sylla not featuring today on 19:09 - Jan 14 with 1705 viewsTacticalR

Let's throw Sylla into the Miss Scunthorpe Pageant to see how he gets on. We could do with winning something.

Air hostess clique

Sylla not featuring today on 22:58 - Jan 14 with 1507 viewsFDC

So I take it Miss Scunthorpe is Sylla's new nickname ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024