Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) 19:50 - Jan 6 with 3153 viewsRangersDave

Hi Tony,

I didn’t go today, but i’m Very happy I didn’t pony up for yet another abject failure to produce a win to take us through to the Valhalla that is the next round.

So In a way i’m glad. But what about the poor sods who did decide to support the team, and give their hard gotten gains in the week after New Year when money is extremely tight to get? What about them Tony?

Tell you what, I have an idea, and ok it’s just past the season of good will, but isn’t it time you, Ian, Evil Les, Lee Hoos, and the team gave a little back?
I suggest you, for the next home game in a cup competition, or indeed the first game at home next season, open the doors to Rangers fans for free! Yup, free.
Give them something back for God’s sake, and who knows. You might have a rocking stadium, a full house (yes I know you’ve never seen one but this might do it), make money in programme and food sales, and give the team a jolly good cheering on during the match.

However, if your happy with this shit season in and season out, you just carry on in your ivory tower and ignore this post. Ignore the fans and ignore the little pixie on your shoulder telling you it’s the right thing to do for the people who rock up at this time of the year to put money into your company.

Either that, or just feck right off and give us a chance, and perhaps, even though I said i’d Give him to seasons end, take “Hollie’ with you!
If you think losing this competition season in and season out is ok, then youve’ lost It.

Come one Tony, do the right thing by the fans, but I bet you or your cohorts, won’t!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 19:53 - Jan 6 with 3118 viewsTacticalR

The only way this can continue is to pay fans to attend, and I am talking very substantial fees.

Air hostess clique

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 19:59 - Jan 6 with 3084 viewsEsox_Lucius

You obviously have very little idea what is going on at the club. These are the days of hunkering down, taking the hits for what has gone before before and, if you choose not to attend games then, that is your prerogative but don't pretend to know better than those who have realistic expectations for the next 5-6 years or more. We didn't win, we move one... we lose to Burton, we move on that's how following QPR is these days.Since I began watching in 1966 our progress and decline has been cyclical, I don't expect that to change. Grow up or get out.

The grass is always greener.

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 20:07 - Jan 6 with 3034 views2Thomas2Bowles

We seem to have a lot of spoilt little kids having hissy fits if they don't get the toys they want or ice cream.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 21:23 - Jan 6 with 2858 viewsBostonR

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 20:07 - Jan 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

We seem to have a lot of spoilt little kids having hissy fits if they don't get the toys they want or ice cream.

Try going to a game and see how you feel.
Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 21:38 - Jan 6 with 2805 viewssmegma

On the way home I bumped into an old mate. He's recovering from an operation. Hasn't missed a home game since 1969. I walked with him to White City station. It took over 25 minutes as he was on two sticks having had his knee cap replaced on 17th December. But he has been to the last 3 home games despite his current condition. Because he's a fan. Yes he moaned about the game. He had a right to. He paid his money and turned up.
Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 21:44 - Jan 6 with 2787 viewscolinallcars

Similar with me. I was freezing cold with a bad back and stomach problems. But....I only paid a fiver and had an interesting if frustrating afternoon. As said, some fans need to wise up to our current predicament. Stay with it.
Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 21:55 - Jan 6 with 2739 views2Thomas2Bowles

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 21:23 - Jan 6 by BostonR

Try going to a game and see how you feel.

I'm not going into the whys and wherefores of me going to games or not with you. it's none of your business, and I'm not going to make my excuses on here.

If (as you clearly do) think it makes you somehow superior because you can get to games and makes you more of a fan, you are a bigger arse than I and many have taken you for. I've still not heard anyone apart from you that ever wished the team to lose.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 21:56]

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 09:20 - Jan 7 with 2442 viewsBostonR

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 21:55 - Jan 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm not going into the whys and wherefores of me going to games or not with you. it's none of your business, and I'm not going to make my excuses on here.

If (as you clearly do) think it makes you somehow superior because you can get to games and makes you more of a fan, you are a bigger arse than I and many have taken you for. I've still not heard anyone apart from you that ever wished the team to lose.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2018 21:56]

Yep - mea culpa on the wanting the team to lose and have never regretted it. IH was abject as we’re the team at that time. You spout of nonsense but never go to the games so I don’t value your contribution. Most on this board who are going to games seem reasonably aligned on the performance of IH and the team at the moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 09:35 - Jan 7 with 2378 viewssmegma

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 09:20 - Jan 7 by BostonR

Yep - mea culpa on the wanting the team to lose and have never regretted it. IH was abject as we’re the team at that time. You spout of nonsense but never go to the games so I don’t value your contribution. Most on this board who are going to games seem reasonably aligned on the performance of IH and the team at the moment.

And now in English??
Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 09:48 - Jan 7 with 2317 viewsDorse

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 09:20 - Jan 7 by BostonR

You really want the team to lose? That's a zero sum game for me. If they lose, you are angry; if they win, you are disappointed. Not having a pop, it just wouldn't work for me.

Even when I wanted Hughes tarred, feathered, forced to march barefoot across gravel and beaten with bamboo sticks, I still wanted us to win. There were times under Redknapp that I would gladly have ordered a hemlock and arsenic cocktail (straight glass, ice, umbrella) rather than watch that collection of barely hominid chimpoids that laughingly called itself a 'team' but I still would have preferred us to win, even if it meant that saggy-faced crotch stain kept drawing a salary for another few days.

As I say, I'm not having a pop. I just think that, despite all the reservations you might have, we'd all agree that QPR win good, QPR lose bad.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 10:06 - Jan 7 with 2292 viewsdaveB

prices were pretty fair yesterday, i went in a group of 6 and cost us 41 quid for the lot of us which is less than one ticket to Chelsea away
Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 10:33 - Jan 7 with 2226 views2Thomas2Bowles

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 09:35 - Jan 7 by smegma

And now in English??

I'll translate

I'm that spoilt little kid having hissy fits if I don't get the toys I want or ice cream.

I'm proud of wishing the team lose and wear my loser badge with pride as I go to games and think that anyone who for whatever reason can't, is beneath me.

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 11:58 - Jan 7 with 2095 viewsE17hoop

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 10:06 - Jan 7 by daveB

prices were pretty fair yesterday, i went in a group of 6 and cost us 41 quid for the lot of us which is less than one ticket to Chelsea away

Cost me a tenner and my 17-year-old £1. Bank broken.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 12:46 - Jan 7 with 2032 viewsqprphil

Get real, it's a game of football for Christ sake. We are all disappointed when we lose, TF, LF, LH, IH, all the directors, I don't go but it still spoils my weekend when they lose. Everyone you hope does there best, if they don't then bin them. If you think for one minute you can wave a magic wand, get better owners, a better manager, then I think we are in cloud cuckoo land. It is what it is, who would want to buy this football club at the moment, personally I think we are very lucky they have stuck around, be very careful what you wish for.
Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 12:47 - Jan 7 with 2029 viewsLadbrokeR

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 19:59 - Jan 6 by Esox_Lucius

You obviously have very little idea what is going on at the club. These are the days of hunkering down, taking the hits for what has gone before before and, if you choose not to attend games then, that is your prerogative but don't pretend to know better than those who have realistic expectations for the next 5-6 years or more. We didn't win, we move one... we lose to Burton, we move on that's how following QPR is these days.Since I began watching in 1966 our progress and decline has been cyclical, I don't expect that to change. Grow up or get out.

Isn’t beating MK dons at home a realistic expectation.
Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 13:24 - Jan 7 with 1976 viewsBostonR

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 09:48 - Jan 7 by Dorse

You really want the team to lose? That's a zero sum game for me. If they lose, you are angry; if they win, you are disappointed. Not having a pop, it just wouldn't work for me.

Even when I wanted Hughes tarred, feathered, forced to march barefoot across gravel and beaten with bamboo sticks, I still wanted us to win. There were times under Redknapp that I would gladly have ordered a hemlock and arsenic cocktail (straight glass, ice, umbrella) rather than watch that collection of barely hominid chimpoids that laughingly called itself a 'team' but I still would have preferred us to win, even if it meant that saggy-faced crotch stain kept drawing a salary for another few days.

As I say, I'm not having a pop. I just think that, despite all the reservations you might have, we'd all agree that QPR win good, QPR lose bad.

Many years ago I posted that I hoped the team lose so IH would be on his way - which is what happened. Holloway has only one game plan Hoofball which is what he he has fallen back on. I have been going to Rs for over 45yrs and apart from one occasion I always want me beloved Rs to win- no question. As for IH I never wanted him to return and was never a fan.
Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 13:28 - Jan 7 with 1961 viewsTacticalR

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 12:47 - Jan 7 by LadbrokeR

Beating anyone in the FA Cup at home or away is not a realistic expectation.

Air hostess clique

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 13:33 - Jan 7 with 1945 views2Thomas2Bowles

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 13:24 - Jan 7 by BostonR

Many years ago I posted that I hoped the team lose so IH would be on his way - which is what happened. Holloway has only one game plan Hoofball which is what he he has fallen back on. I have been going to Rs for over 45yrs and apart from one occasion I always want me beloved Rs to win- no question. As for IH I never wanted him to return and was never a fan.

Nah not true, you can't even be honest, you did say you wanted the team to lose so he got sacked.

What happened is that we then went on a 6/7 ? games run of wins.

This was the same time the Italian waiter wanted to get Dunga in.

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 13:43 - Jan 7 with 1919 viewsSimonJames

Despite the fact that we're hovering 6 points above the relegation zone (though I doubt we will finish any lower than we are now), I think IH put out a team capable of winning and the players simply failed to deliver.
MK Dons, who are also having a sh1t season, needed give their fans something to cheer about and perhaps gave it more of a go.
It's still nothing compared to Stoke losing to a team three divisions lower.

But I do wonder whether IH really knows how to get any more out of this squad...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 13:44 - Jan 7 with 1919 viewsDANRANGER

Firstly, I Haven't been this season so not sure if my opinion counts, however I would say that the last thing a QPR fan can be classed as is a glory hunter so any fan must be genuine. Watching from afar we are probably where we should be in the league and once again a shocking effort in the cup even when we do put out an almost full strength team. That said IH does seem to struggle to find the right formation and team set up to get the most out of the players and a its a bit hit and hope on team selection but what are the alternatives right now? The hope is we can gain enough points to stay up and personally I would expect the hierarchy at the club to be scouting for an up and coming manager to take us on in the Summer. concern is as a club they are a bit like IH and reactionary instead of having a clear plan of action.

I would add though it isn't right to want your team to lose, what's the point in that??
Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 14:11 - Jan 7 with 1867 viewsEsox_Lucius

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 12:47 - Jan 7 by LadbrokeR

Getting beat at home by Wolves & Sheff. Utd. was a reasonable expectation too.

The grass is always greener.

Next time we play at home in the cup ( a message to Tony F) on 14:31 - Jan 7 with 1838 viewsgobbles

As someone who actually did go yesterday, having to swap my ST in Upper Loft for a seat in the Paddock, I didn't feel the slightest bit ripped off for my tenner.
We've all seen some good teams in hoops and we've also seen ones worse than the current team. And what I did get a close-up view of in the Paddock was that the team never stopped trying. Tactically they were poor and there was a bit much desperation, but at least the tried. We also dominated. Scowen only tried to keep that ball in because MK were under pressure at that time and he didn't want to let it go out of play. Of all the shit displays I have witnessed in recent years, that was nowhere near the worst.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024