Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Comley. 11:43 - Jan 9 with 2922 viewsconnell10

Going to stay at Colchester on a permanent deal apparently. Wonder if we will get any dosh for him?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Comley. on 13:03 - Jan 9 with 2763 viewsLowerloftLad

Small fee and a 10 per cent sell on fee wouldn't be such a bad deal

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Comley. on 13:30 - Jan 9 with 2697 viewshoopdog

What I've seen I thought this lad is what we needed a ball winner in the middle of the park
Comley. on 13:38 - Jan 9 with 2664 viewsconnell10

Comley. on 13:30 - Jan 9 by hoopdog

What I've seen I thought this lad is what we needed a ball winner in the middle of the park

Dunno if it's definite mate it was just something I read also his contract is up in the summer! I suppose it shows our young players can play to a good standard of football and clubs want them , which wasn't the case a few years ago

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Comley. on 10:04 - Jan 17 with 2358 viewsLowerloftLad

Comley has gone on a permanent deal undisclosed fee
Was he one of the players classed in our 31 man sqaud ?

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Comley. on 10:30 - Jan 17 with 2268 viewsNorthernr

Comley. on 10:04 - Jan 17 by LowerloftLad

Comley has gone on a permanent deal undisclosed fee
Was he one of the players classed in our 31 man sqaud ?

No, one of the many, many other players not listed but still salaried. Another considered as a kid by many but actually, like Doherty, RGC, Petrasso etc, is 22/23 now.

Always had a lot of time for a London lad willing to go to first Carlisle and then Grimsby to play some regular football, two more remote, colder places from West London you'd struggle to find. Good luck to him.
Comley. on 10:35 - Jan 17 with 2248 viewssimmo

Always thought he would have enough about him to be a squad option, especially with the likes of Boris not working out - apparently not... Good luck to him though and more good work trimming the squad.

Hopefully more following him out soon and if we can get fees, all the better.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Comley. on 11:02 - Jan 17 with 2166 viewsderbyhoop

No real surprise. Nominal fee + sell on . Should he make it to a higher level.

So far this month , its been 6 out and none in.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Comley. on 11:27 - Jan 17 with 2098 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to him. Another fee in for one of our ex-youth players. Good stuff.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Comley. on 15:30 - Jan 17 with 1766 viewsbosh67

Comley. on 11:02 - Jan 17 by derbyhoop

No real surprise. Nominal fee + sell on . Should he make it to a higher level.

So far this month , its been 6 out and none in.

I am not sure there will be any in. I guess JET and Boris will go from the squad and a few more salaried youngsters that they feel may not come through. I think they want to shift at least 10 players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Comley. on 15:46 - Jan 17 with 1723 viewsOnlyMe

Comley. on 15:30 - Jan 17 by bosh67

I am not sure there will be any in. I guess JET and Boris will go from the squad and a few more salaried youngsters that they feel may not come through. I think they want to shift at least 10 players.

By which time the window will be shut (and any chance of any decent signings) will be gone.

I do hope not --- a signing (even one) that we have heard of and have to pay an actual fee for usually seems to boost the morale of fans.
Comley. on 15:49 - Jan 17 with 1711 viewstoboboly

Comley. on 15:46 - Jan 17 by OnlyMe

By which time the window will be shut (and any chance of any decent signings) will be gone.

I do hope not --- a signing (even one) that we have heard of and have to pay an actual fee for usually seems to boost the morale of fans.

I would rather we didn't do a signing just for fans. Those days are over thank god. We work with what we have and promote from within wherever possible. If someone is brought in it must be for the future or for sell on value.

Unless we are there or thereabouts short term signings shouldn't be a part of our vocabulary.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Comley. on 15:57 - Jan 17 with 1694 viewsOnlyMe

Comley. on 15:49 - Jan 17 by toboboly

I would rather we didn't do a signing just for fans. Those days are over thank god. We work with what we have and promote from within wherever possible. If someone is brought in it must be for the future or for sell on value.

Unless we are there or thereabouts short term signings shouldn't be a part of our vocabulary.

I didn't say "do it for the fans". I said a signing would be a boost for morale. Obviously the only sensible reason would be to improve the squad (and not signing anyone implies, at best, no improvement being chased).

As for Comley, I do think many fans have no idea just how good a footballer you have to be to play top level non-league football let alone play with a league club but we also accept there are levels with levels and Colchester (mid-table in League Two) is/should be some distance below QPR in terms of quality of players. So we can wish him good luck at his chance to keep earning a living playing football (something most fans know nothing about) but we also should accept that another product of the youth system has been moved on because he's just not good enough for us. And every time we get another one like this I wonder why time and money has been wasted on a system that has given us so little in return over the years. Especially when many of our "better" days were achieved by just plundering other clubs youth systems. And yes, some will mention the kids coming through but they are managing to do OK in a struggling and broke Championship club which might not be the highest testament to their development?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 16:06]
Comley. on 16:01 - Jan 17 with 1679 viewskensalriser

Do we really need to sign anyone?

Looks like we have enough to stay up now. What would be the point of spending considerable wedge in an attempt to finish 12th instead of 17th? Unless an unmissable opportunity comes up I think we'll stick with what we have and wait until the summer.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Comley. on 17:51 - Jan 17 with 1518 viewsqprd

Comley. on 15:57 - Jan 17 by OnlyMe

I didn't say "do it for the fans". I said a signing would be a boost for morale. Obviously the only sensible reason would be to improve the squad (and not signing anyone implies, at best, no improvement being chased).

As for Comley, I do think many fans have no idea just how good a footballer you have to be to play top level non-league football let alone play with a league club but we also accept there are levels with levels and Colchester (mid-table in League Two) is/should be some distance below QPR in terms of quality of players. So we can wish him good luck at his chance to keep earning a living playing football (something most fans know nothing about) but we also should accept that another product of the youth system has been moved on because he's just not good enough for us. And every time we get another one like this I wonder why time and money has been wasted on a system that has given us so little in return over the years. Especially when many of our "better" days were achieved by just plundering other clubs youth systems. And yes, some will mention the kids coming through but they are managing to do OK in a struggling and broke Championship club which might not be the highest testament to their development?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 16:06]

Agreed

I've seen Comley play in person, and i really liked him. Thought he was confident on the pitch and had good work rate to him

It does say something, though, that after 3 loan spells in L2, a L1 team didn't come sniffing around.

League 2 is probably his level for now, but i think he'll probably play at a higher level
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024