Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? 21:01 - Jan 10 with 2079 viewsToast_R

Never been that fussed with Disney Land but the wife has always wanted to go and our son will be nearly 4 by December 2018 when we're thinking of going and has been banging on about Disney Land for the last year as he see's the ads on TV and is into Star Wars, Micky and all that jazz. We tricked him last Spring on our annual trip to the Isle of Wight, telling that Back Gang Chine was Disney Land and I think he bought it but this year, it's unlikely to wash. (I realise 3 years old is quite young for a once in a lifetime trip but we're needing to take advantage of term time holidays before he starts school)

Getting a self driving (ferry included), self catering deal for 4 nights 5 days coming in for £990 for the three of us on their website which includes a couple of minor extras. I'm tempted but thinking 5 days there might be overkill, I was bored at Chessington and Peppa Pig World this year after a few hours.

Anyone been, any tips, do's and don'ts and is it really worth the spend?

cheers
[Post edited 10 Jan 2018 21:05]
Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 21:11 - Jan 10 with 2067 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'd say 5 days is way too much even if was Disneyland FL Paris has far less and no other parks

I'd book a weekend 3 days at most.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2018 21:12]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 21:23 - Jan 10 with 2045 viewsFredManRave

I'd be happy with one night in Paris.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 21:40 - Jan 10 with 2003 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I used to go every year courtesy of Tesco clubcard vouchers when my boys were young. We used to love it. Lots of the rides are newer and often better than the Florida equivalents. My 21 year old has just been and said it was still great. 2-3 days would suffice though.
Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 21:46 - Jan 10 with 1991 viewsBrightonhoop

Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 21:23 - Jan 10 by FredManRave

I'd be happy with one night in Paris.

Wouldn't we all.

5 days is way too long. Got away with a day a few years back for my daughters 7th/8th. It's surprisingly good and not too OTT and the kids had a great time. And if you're happy driving find an off site hotel, it's so much cheaper and dead easy to drive to. I was driving back from southern Spain and had stopped in Barcelona and Cleremont en route so a spin round Paris to Disney was a stroll.

2 days tops I'd say and a fraction of that cost.
Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 21:48 - Jan 10 with 1979 viewskarl

Did it twice due to the age difference of our kids and 3 days is plenty imo, there's two parks and we did one each day then went to the favourite on 3rd day.
I went sceptical about it the first time thinking i would enjoy it solely as the kids would but honestly i thought it was great and well run. I don't get to parks like Chessington etc so wasnt expecting rides to compete with them and we generally don't go for that anyway but the shows are great and very professional, particularly since what you pay at start more or less covers all the general stuff Couple of shows like Buffalo Bill are extra and cheaper to book in advance).
My biggest recommendation is to fork out in advance for the food deal, don't go for the basic buffet deal as although its cheap the food is not poor and three days eating chicken nuggets etc is wearing, get the half board silver deal for example and food is much better and you won't die of scurvy!
Have fun if you decide to go and if you want more info give me a shout
Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 22:02 - Jan 10 with 1948 viewsdanehoop

Save the cash and go to Florida. Much better theme parks, weather and lots more to see and do when you are there. Much better value for money overall.

Never knowingly understood

Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 22:05 - Jan 10 with 1938 views2Thomas2Bowles

Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 22:02 - Jan 10 by danehoop

Save the cash and go to Florida. Much better theme parks, weather and lots more to see and do when you are there. Much better value for money overall.

I would agree, wait till he is 5/6 save up and go FL

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 23:08 - Jan 10 with 1884 viewssmegma

WE took our daughter to Paris for Christmas in 2007.. She was 4 at the time. She cannot remember a second of it. But it was a brilliant trip even though it was minus 2 on Christmas Day. Maybe wait another year
Login to get fewer ads

Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 01:17 - Jan 11 with 1821 viewskarl

Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 23:08 - Jan 10 by smegma

WE took our daughter to Paris for Christmas in 2007.. She was 4 at the time. She cannot remember a second of it. But it was a brilliant trip even though it was minus 2 on Christmas Day. Maybe wait another year

Yeah sorry never looked at age of child, reason we went back was because son was 3 first time and felt it passed him by. I'd definitely wait a little longer.
Btw unless you're looking at one of the more expensive hotels the price you quoted seems pretty steep as well. Being a cheap skate we found that staying in a cheaper hotel wasn't bad because you have access to all the other hotels for eating etc so no real disadvantage sleeping with the cockroaches for a night or two.....(joke, they're basic but perfectly adequate)
Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 11:30 - Jan 11 with 1673 viewsBrightonhoop

Sound advice that, might be better to put it off to an age your kids will remember and appreciate it. It used to be a big boast in the playground for mine. Along the lines of 'Good summer fella?' 'Yeah, stopped off in Paris and Barcelona for a few days, did the Dali and Picasso Museos, hung out on the Rambla, Dad bought me a Barca shirt on the Nou Camp Tour, before hitting the beach and water parks further south for ten days. Stopped in Girona on the way back before going crazy ape at Disney Paris. Yerself?' haha
Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 12:49 - Jan 11 with 1606 viewsYorkRanger

Spend a couple of the days in Paris itself. Good train connections between the centre of Paris and Disneyland if that is where you are staying. Lots to see and keep your son interested.
Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 19:10 - Jan 11 with 1485 viewsToast_R

Thanks for all the advice guys. We've decided to shelve the idea for now. We've got Isle of Wight in Spring and a weekend trip to Krakow in June (without the kid) and we'll try and do a Sykes Cottages holiday instead in the late Summer/Autumn. I reckon the Disney idea may have to wait a couple more seasons. I'm fine with it and by the sounds of it, it'll be better to do that when our son is a bit older so he can cherish the memories.

Cheers all
Off Topic - Family Trip to Disney Land Paris - Is it all that? on 19:39 - Jan 11 with 1465 viewsdaveB

I'd recommend Florida over Disneyland Paris, much more to do in Florida you have more Disney parks plus Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Gator Land and tons of water parks plus the everglades. Expensive but miles better imo and your kid will love it.

But saying that If you do Euro Disney you can do it in a weekend to save money, just the two parks and you'll struggle to fill more than 2 days with a 4 year old
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024