Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expectations for the transfer window 10:36 - Jan 11 with 6795 viewsbosh67

Just wanted to see what people thought.

I am not going to start this thread with 'we should be spending millions, billions, trillions etc' because we all know we don't have any money anymore.

But what are the outs and ins people think may happen or hope for.

For me it is about shifting out a few more players on loan, selling or finishing a few contracts and looking to see if we can get in a few more key frees or under 21 loans in.

I don't think we can expect much more under the current financial pressures but what do you all think? And when are we ever going to sign Messi because we are still under populated in central midfield?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Expectations for the transfer window on 10:43 - Jan 11 with 3964 viewsqueensparker

Yeni and Caulker already out is good news, and I reckon one of Sylla and Washington will go as well. In return we'll get a couple more wingers in.

Would love to see us get a proper, died-in-the-wool, played thre all his career, young Kyle Walker style right-back and a lower-league Tony Thorpe / John Spencer / young Charlie goal sniffer, but you can never have too many wingers.
Expectations for the transfer window on 10:48 - Jan 11 with 3947 viewsMick_S

I expect it to slam shut at the end.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Expectations for the transfer window on 11:03 - Jan 11 with 3913 viewstoboboly

Priority is to get periphery players off the books, if we can get fees then that would be great however even not losing any more cash is a bonus.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Expectations for the transfer window on 11:16 - Jan 11 with 3883 viewsTacticalR

@bosh67 'I am not going to start this thread with 'we should be spending millions, billions, trillions etc' because we all know we don't have any money anymore.'

We should either:
1) send out search parties to look for magic money trees.
2) begin a bold program of footballing quantitative easing to stimulate goal production.

Air hostess clique

Expectations for the transfer window on 11:21 - Jan 11 with 3871 viewsTHEBUSH

I would like us to sign an experienced (for want of a better word) centre forward.

Obviously it will have to depend on our budget restrictions.

IMO, we have enough youngsters coming through.

We need someome of the calibre of a Shaun Derry or a Clint Hill, who obviously are not centre forwards, but hopefully you get the idea.
Expectations for the transfer window on 11:46 - Jan 11 with 3823 viewsHarbour

Retain smithies freeman llungo Scowen wash to go on loan retain sylla am expecting no one to come in...if we could find an Austin for £50k from non league some chance
Expectations for the transfer window on 12:14 - Jan 11 with 3739 viewsconnell10

Im not expecting anything!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Expectations for the transfer window on 12:30 - Jan 11 with 3693 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I'm expecting to not go on to Twitter until 1st February to retain my sanity.

Went on a couple days ago to already see tweets to Dave Mc, Ian Taylor, Tony F saying "sign someone" or "any updates on players" like they don't realise that it is highly unlikely we will be signing anyone.

Personally would be happy with a couple more off the book, one of Sylla or Washington, Borisyuk and any other apparent dead wood. Then hopefully get some more U'21s in. Oteh, Smyth and Eze all look exciting, although don't want to hype them up too much. Would be nice to get a striker in. But understandably finding a cheap striker is impossible, and unless they want to take a risk, I highly doubt theyll go for one. Maybe a loan.

So after pointlessly rambling, my expectations is nothing

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Expectations for the transfer window on 12:31 - Jan 11 with 3687 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Expectations for the transfer window on 12:14 - Jan 11 by connell10

Im not expecting anything!

I'd say right back is the only realistic area we can significantly strengthen in this transfer window unless the club think one of the youngsters can step up. Even so a bit of experience in that position wouldn't hurt and also allows Wszolek to push forward where I feel he can be more effective.

*edit - sorry didn't mean to quote connell.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 12:33]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Expectations for the transfer window on 12:42 - Jan 11 with 3651 viewsYorkRanger

Expectations for the transfer window on 12:30 - Jan 11 by RANGERS4EVER

I'm expecting to not go on to Twitter until 1st February to retain my sanity.

Went on a couple days ago to already see tweets to Dave Mc, Ian Taylor, Tony F saying "sign someone" or "any updates on players" like they don't realise that it is highly unlikely we will be signing anyone.

Personally would be happy with a couple more off the book, one of Sylla or Washington, Borisyuk and any other apparent dead wood. Then hopefully get some more U'21s in. Oteh, Smyth and Eze all look exciting, although don't want to hype them up too much. Would be nice to get a striker in. But understandably finding a cheap striker is impossible, and unless they want to take a risk, I highly doubt theyll go for one. Maybe a loan.

So after pointlessly rambling, my expectations is nothing

Am I the only one who thinks Borisyuk has looked half decent when he has played. I appreciate limited room with our current midfield 3, but....
Expectations for the transfer window on 12:45 - Jan 11 with 3634 viewssimmo

I would absolutely love to get rid of a few players, starting with JET. Any chance we have to get 4-5 players off the books we should take, especially if we get a little bit of money.

Overall though I think we'll keep things basically the same, maybe make some loans when we get near the end of the window and people know the situation or are replaced by new signings. We're trying to keep above water until the summer when the real work begins...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Expectations for the transfer window on 12:48 - Jan 11 with 3621 viewsdaveB

If we can sell a few of the fringe players that should give Holloway wriggle room to maybe sign a loan striker for the short term and get us over the line.

With the kids coming in I don't think we need major surgery in January for a change although QPR are always a defeat away from a crisis so this weekends game could well change that policy if it goes wrong
Expectations for the transfer window on 12:53 - Jan 11 with 3597 viewsEsox_Lucius

Get rid of a few like JET, Washington, Mackie, Lynch, Kakay, Cousins, Smith & Petrasso. Then use the money saved to get a coach in to get what's left firing on all cylinders. Seeing the piece on El Tel highlights what a good coach can do with a decent group of players. The spirit, drive and motivation aren't lacking in the current team but the quality of tactics is, IMO, severely lacking. The inflexibility is becoming a millstone for the teams prospects.

The grass is always greener.

Expectations for the transfer window on 12:53 - Jan 11 with 3596 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Expectations for the transfer window on 12:42 - Jan 11 by YorkRanger

Am I the only one who thinks Borisyuk has looked half decent when he has played. I appreciate limited room with our current midfield 3, but....

I quite liked him as well, but the three we have now are obviously Ollie's vital favourites, and even after that he has spoken about youth coming in, such as Manning and Chair, and even then Cousins has been put in that role as well. I think he isnt even part of the back up three, and so whilst he is half decent, he doesnt seem to be in Ollie's plans and might as well just then save a bit of money. Sad, because he was a tidy little player who did work hard

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Expectations for the transfer window on 13:18 - Jan 11 with 3529 viewsJuzzie

SSN now have the transfer window countdown clock showing tens and hundreths of a second.

They also have a countdown clock to the kick off of a live game.

My expectations for the transfer windows are that SSN becomes ever more c*nty each time.
Expectations for the transfer window on 13:26 - Jan 11 with 3500 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Expectations for the transfer window on 13:18 - Jan 11 by Juzzie

SSN now have the transfer window countdown clock showing tens and hundreths of a second.

My expectations for the transfer windows are that SSN becomes ever more c*nty each time.

As if that were possible !

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Expectations for the transfer window on 13:27 - Jan 11 with 3495 viewsTacticalR

Expectations for the transfer window on 12:42 - Jan 11 by YorkRanger

The first time I saw Borysiuk play I thought he looked pretty good. Then away at Brighton he looked shell-shocked as Brighton's pressing game put us under the cosh. I think he's another Granero. When he has time and space on the ball he looks good, but that time and space is not always available. Scowen, Luongo and Freeman all have that bit of steel to deal with the rough and tumble of the Championship.

P.S. this is really guesswork as I really haven't seen that much of him.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 13:32]

Air hostess clique

Expectations for the transfer window on 13:33 - Jan 11 with 3475 viewsR_from_afar

Expectations for the transfer window on 13:18 - Jan 11 by Juzzie

But where is the countdown to the countdown clock starting? Slack work.

Back on topic, I do wonder if Holloway's obsession with wingers has something to do with him hoping to be able to convert them into successful strikers, in the same way Wenger did with Henry (Thierry, not Karl).

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Expectations for the transfer window on 13:36 - Jan 11 with 3465 viewsGroveR

I just want to see a sky reporter fùcked in the ear with a huge purple còck.

"Take it you fùcking whore, take it all..."
Expectations for the transfer window on 13:56 - Jan 11 with 3419 viewsDorse

My hopes:
Fire JET into a low Earth orbit via catapult
Send various fringe players off on a scavenger hunt around London and change the locks when they are out
Find the next Marsh / Bowles / Francis / Ferdinand (L) / McDonald on a free transfer

My expectations:
JET signs contract extension
Fringe players stage a sit-in and turn off their phones
Find the next Priskin / Kulcsar / Nygaard / Rehman and blow entire budget on them

Window slams shut. I retreat to my shed clutching a bottle of vodka and 4000 sleeping pills singing 'This is how it feels to be lonely, this is how it feels to be small....' (fade to black. Fin).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Expectations for the transfer window on 13:57 - Jan 11 with 3415 viewsAntti_Heinola

No expectations at all, wouldn't be shocked if we didn't sign anyone. The fact that Wash has not even been in the squad recently makes me think the club believe he'll move on this month. But other than that, can't see it. We certainly won't be selling Cousins, Esox. Nor should we. He's been here 18 months and played about 5 games as a central midfielder.
I'd love a striker, think we need one, but we can only really do that if at least Wash is sold.

Bare bones.

Expectations for the transfer window on 14:07 - Jan 11 with 3391 viewsNorthernr

Offload as much as we possible can. Borysiuk and JET top of the list.

The priorities are to stay up, first and foremost. Now we should have enough to do that, we haven't been close to the bottom three all season (relatively speaking, never closer than six points) and our Christmas form was reasonable. If we're really worried and an affordable loan striker becomes available then do that but otherwise just get to 52 points with what we've got if possible.

Do not breach FFP - transfer embargo for next season would be catastrophic.

Start preparing for a serious summer where the amount of players out of contract, and the amount of players we want rid of, and the wages that will free up, will actually mean we could do some proper business and add four or five more Freeman and Scowen types. But we can only do that if we do indeed get rid of the 12-14 players we can do as it stands now.

Do not, under any circumstances, spend another £500k we don't have on another player we're not really that crazy about and don't really have a place for in the team just for the sake of keeping people happy or the sake of making a signing.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Expectations for the transfer window on 14:25 - Jan 11 with 3325 viewsJAPRANGERS

Expectations for the transfer window on 14:31 - Jan 11 with 3315 viewsSimonJames

I think I'll wait and see if we beat Burton before speculating on new recruits.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Expectations for the transfer window on 14:38 - Jan 11 with 3301 viewsBrightonhoop

Expectations for the transfer window on 13:36 - Jan 11 by GroveR

I just want to see a sky reporter fùcked in the ear with a huge purple còck.

"Take it you fùcking whore, take it all..."

That I think was a clue to Sandro being on his way to sign....

If we can continue to drive the wage bill down and continue treading water that will do for me. We've got the players and manager to stay up, a wheel barrow full of gumption would be useful ie play it wide and ping it in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024