Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expectations for the transfer window 10:36 - Jan 11 with 6796 viewsbosh67

Just wanted to see what people thought.

I am not going to start this thread with 'we should be spending millions, billions, trillions etc' because we all know we don't have any money anymore.

But what are the outs and ins people think may happen or hope for.

For me it is about shifting out a few more players on loan, selling or finishing a few contracts and looking to see if we can get in a few more key frees or under 21 loans in.

I don't think we can expect much more under the current financial pressures but what do you all think? And when are we ever going to sign Messi because we are still under populated in central midfield?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Expectations for the transfer window on 15:26 - Jan 11 with 2809 viewskensalriser

None.

I still reserve the right to be disappointed, however.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Expectations for the transfer window on 14:46 - Jan 12 with 2656 viewsEsox_Lucius

As an aside, I just looked on the official site and the first team squad is made up of approximately 35% youth team/ U23 players. Interpretation of this fact is left to the viewers imagination. I haven't included BOS or Wheeler who were bought for the U23's in that figure.

The grass is always greener.

Expectations for the transfer window on 16:57 - Jan 12 with 2600 viewsBlue_Castello

Expectations for the transfer window on 14:46 - Jan 12 by Esox_Lucius

As an aside, I just looked on the official site and the first team squad is made up of approximately 35% youth team/ U23 players. Interpretation of this fact is left to the viewers imagination. I haven't included BOS or Wheeler who were bought for the U23's in that figure.

Exactly a point I was going to make, if you look at the original squad on the official there were 32 names, two of which were Ray Jones and Stan Bowles. We have now shifted the alcoholic and Yeni and Goss is on loan and may well make a permanent move up to Scotland. I think there were 6 players from the under 23s and then Smyth, BOS and Wheeler need to be added.

The squad doesn't look top heavy considering the amount of under 23s named in the squad, we obviously need to shift JET but no bloody chance there, Borysiuk needs to move on and a few fringe players like Petrasso who should seek pastures new.

Think we are getting there and there's room for a couple of loan players IF they look like they can put the round thing in the onion bag
Expectations for the transfer window on 17:26 - Jan 12 with 2571 viewsDannyPaddox

Have you ever asked yourself if there really is a window?

Expectations for the transfer window on 20:22 - Jan 12 with 2464 viewsToast_R

Clear the decks

I'd be happy to see Washington get sold on to a League 1 outfit where I feel his attributes will be better suited, if the club re-coup anything of the transfer fee paid then well done them. Put that down to one that didn't quite work out. At least he seemed a nice lad.

Mackie - thanks for the service
Borysiuk - Good luck. I still don't know anything about your game
JET -Mutually boot his arse out

Should be open to offers for everyone really except Freeman and Smithies.
Expectations for the transfer window on 20:35 - Jan 12 with 2455 viewsMatch82

Ship out anyone who is clearly not going to play, don't bring anyone in for a transfer fee. I'll take that.
Expectations for the transfer window on 01:17 - Jan 13 with 2354 viewsderbyhoop

Borysiuk out permanently. Probably back to Poland.
No chance of shifting JET while he can pick up a good wage for doing f all.
Comely to Colchester.
Try to get Petrasso, RGC, Kakay and Shodipo out on loan. Loan to perm deals, if poss?

If there's a low cost 15 goal a season striker available for under 500k, that nobody else has spotted, then bring him in. Otherwise work with what we've got until Summer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Expectations for the transfer window on 01:37 - Jan 13 with 2334 viewsPunteR

Expectations for the transfer window on 01:17 - Jan 13 by derbyhoop

Borysiuk out permanently. Probably back to Poland.
No chance of shifting JET while he can pick up a good wage for doing f all.
Comely to Colchester.
Try to get Petrasso, RGC, Kakay and Shodipo out on loan. Loan to perm deals, if poss?

If there's a low cost 15 goal a season striker available for under 500k, that nobody else has spotted, then bring him in. Otherwise work with what we've got until Summer.

Petrasso and RGC are gone.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Expectations for the transfer window on 01:41 - Jan 13 with 2332 viewsPunteR

I'll be amazed if we sign anyone.
Maybe Manning out on loan.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Expectations for the transfer window on 08:39 - Jan 13 with 2253 viewsDorse

Expectations for the transfer window on 16:57 - Jan 12 by Blue_Castello

Exactly a point I was going to make, if you look at the original squad on the official there were 32 names, two of which were Ray Jones and Stan Bowles. We have now shifted the alcoholic and Yeni and Goss is on loan and may well make a permanent move up to Scotland. I think there were 6 players from the under 23s and then Smyth, BOS and Wheeler need to be added.

The squad doesn't look top heavy considering the amount of under 23s named in the squad, we obviously need to shift JET but no bloody chance there, Borysiuk needs to move on and a few fringe players like Petrasso who should seek pastures new.

Think we are getting there and there's room for a couple of loan players IF they look like they can put the round thing in the onion bag

I don't think a Greengrocer is the answer but I admire your blue-sky thinking.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Expectations for the transfer window on 09:01 - Jan 13 with 2244 viewsisawqpratwcity

Expectations for the transfer window on 01:41 - Jan 13 by PunteR

I'll be amazed if we sign anyone.
Maybe Manning out on loan.

It will all come down to how the FFP accounts look to Hoos. He will say exactly how much, if anything, Ferdinand/Holloway/Penrice can spend.

Keep that news of sales and contract cancellations coming.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Expectations for the transfer window on 15:51 - Jan 14 with 1994 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mad dash to sign Lua Lua, because let’s be honest, we’ve not replaced him either time we’ve released him!

That aside, if we bring one in, then it’s eight out. Got to get the squad below 50 players.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Expectations for the transfer window on 23:35 - Jan 14 with 1761 viewsqprd

Here's another wish for the January transfer window: David Wheeler needs to go out on loan

he was brought in September amidst an outcry from the supporters for not making enough signings- he really wasn't needed. He's only played a bit over 300+ minutes, and has played 9 minutes in the last 8 league and cup matches. He hasn't even made the subs bench for a number of these games

There are really only 1.5 positions he can play in a 3-5-2. He can either play as a right wingback (oh god no) or as a second striker

At wingback, he'd be behind Furlong, Wzolek and Cousins in the pecking order. The forward position is also pretty crowded with Smith, Sylla, Washington, P Smyth, Osayi Samuel, Eze and Oteh all competing for minutes.

There just isn't place for him in the squad at the moment. The only place he can get minutes is as an impact attacking subs, but he's not guaranteed enough playing time there to continue progressing his game.

He's 27 and has 2.5 years left on his contract. We'll be paying his wages until June 2020. We can't sell him. No ones going to pay up, and i don't think Les/Penrice are willing to write off this signing and admit they made a mistake so early into his tenure (though i imagine they wish they could take this one back)

This window, we should loan him out to a League 1 club where he can continue to develop from a L2 to a Championship player. He needs minutes to continue to progress. If the loan team can eat a percentage of his wages, even better

If we were a bit more secure in the table, I'd suggest loaning him to a team like Burton. Unfortunately, we're not sufficiently far enough from the drop to afford strengthening our rivals.

Wheeler may have a future as a QPR player next season- but he's going to need to get minutes now
Expectations for the transfer window on 10:39 - Jan 15 with 1658 viewsfrancisbowles

Expectations for the transfer window on 23:35 - Jan 14 by qprd

Here's another wish for the January transfer window: David Wheeler needs to go out on loan

he was brought in September amidst an outcry from the supporters for not making enough signings- he really wasn't needed. He's only played a bit over 300+ minutes, and has played 9 minutes in the last 8 league and cup matches. He hasn't even made the subs bench for a number of these games

There are really only 1.5 positions he can play in a 3-5-2. He can either play as a right wingback (oh god no) or as a second striker

At wingback, he'd be behind Furlong, Wzolek and Cousins in the pecking order. The forward position is also pretty crowded with Smith, Sylla, Washington, P Smyth, Osayi Samuel, Eze and Oteh all competing for minutes.

There just isn't place for him in the squad at the moment. The only place he can get minutes is as an impact attacking subs, but he's not guaranteed enough playing time there to continue progressing his game.

He's 27 and has 2.5 years left on his contract. We'll be paying his wages until June 2020. We can't sell him. No ones going to pay up, and i don't think Les/Penrice are willing to write off this signing and admit they made a mistake so early into his tenure (though i imagine they wish they could take this one back)

This window, we should loan him out to a League 1 club where he can continue to develop from a L2 to a Championship player. He needs minutes to continue to progress. If the loan team can eat a percentage of his wages, even better

If we were a bit more secure in the table, I'd suggest loaning him to a team like Burton. Unfortunately, we're not sufficiently far enough from the drop to afford strengthening our rivals.

Wheeler may have a future as a QPR player next season- but he's going to need to get minutes now

Good call.

Wonder if he fancies joining Goss in Scotland for a few months?
Expectations for the transfer window on 11:37 - Jan 15 with 1586 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Expectations - nothing other than yet more belt-tightening. Austerity rules, in order to show corporate responsibility ahead of final FFP ruling, and will until the situation is finally sorted.

Caulker having gone may release funds for bringing maybe 2 in -I'd have said in the strike department... but with Oteh, Eze and Smyth now vying for attacking roles, not sure there's room in the squad for another - it will only p*ss off those already challenging.

Midfield and goal-keeping seem sorted, defence fairly full (if/when all fit), so I can't see what position we'd be buying - unless a regular first-teamer player leaves, or we buy another promising youngster for the future.
Expectations for the transfer window on 11:47 - Jan 15 with 1580 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Reduce to a core of 22 made up of 11 experienced first teamers and 11 hungry young'uns playing apprentice and filling in for injuries, suspensions, and call ups.
Expectations for the transfer window on 12:41 - Jan 15 with 1523 viewsBklynRanger

I expect us to do next to nothing and that's how I'd prefer it anyway. We shirley have enough to stagger over the line with the odd enjoyable performance thrown in? Stay out of the January madness and concentrate on the summer. The only situation I'd want us to do something short term would be if both Washington and Sylla went - I think we could move one of them and survive but both without a replacement would be too risky.
Expectations for the transfer window on 19:14 - Jan 15 with 1399 viewsterryb

I would be quite happy with not signing anyone.

Every player gives his all & that will be more than enough this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024