Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football trip abroad 10:12 - Jan 12 with 6166 views1MoreBrightonR

Any recommendations for a weekend abroad for football? done Germany 2 years in a row and loved it but need somewhere new. My friend has already done Barcelona and I've done Lazio.

Any one done any easy weekend trips they would recommend?
Football trip abroad on 10:35 - Jan 12 with 6143 viewstoboboly

Milan is ok for a weekend, easy and cheap. I imagine other northern Italian cities would also be easy.

Bilbao is easy and cheap, not a huge amount of culture but enough for a weekend, the ground is central and looks good. They weren't playing when I went which was a shame.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Football trip abroad on 11:04 - Jan 12 with 6123 viewsBrightonhoop

Bernabau in Madrid is good, easy to reach from UK and great for bars, restaurants and culture too.
Football trip abroad on 11:07 - Jan 12 with 6116 viewshopphoops

It would be fun to make an app to answer this question properly.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Football trip abroad on 11:16 - Jan 12 with 6095 viewssmegma

Berlin has about 20 Grounds of all levels. Best beers in the world as well.
Football trip abroad on 11:26 - Jan 12 with 6079 viewsRBlock

Depends what sort of trip you're going for. If you want cultured food etc you can do Real Sociadad in San Sebastian. Incredible food there, one of my favourite cities, good to take the missus. Lisbon is also a wicked city if you fancy a Benfica game, great outdoorsy drinking culture around Barro Alto. This year I'm looking at both Naples and Seville for similar trips. Naples meant to be a bit less sophisticated and a bit more raucous which sounds like fun!
Football trip abroad on 11:40 - Jan 12 with 6065 viewsBrightonhoop

Football trip abroad on 11:26 - Jan 12 by RBlock

Depends what sort of trip you're going for. If you want cultured food etc you can do Real Sociadad in San Sebastian. Incredible food there, one of my favourite cities, good to take the missus. Lisbon is also a wicked city if you fancy a Benfica game, great outdoorsy drinking culture around Barro Alto. This year I'm looking at both Naples and Seville for similar trips. Naples meant to be a bit less sophisticated and a bit more raucous which sounds like fun!

Watch out for Seville, they ramped up prices by 40 Euros on top of standard costs for Manure, who have responded in kind to Sevilles travelling support going to Old Trafford.
Decent City to visit though, I am told.
Football trip abroad on 12:03 - Jan 12 with 6030 viewsRBlock

Football trip abroad on 11:40 - Jan 12 by Brightonhoop

Watch out for Seville, they ramped up prices by 40 Euros on top of standard costs for Manure, who have responded in kind to Sevilles travelling support going to Old Trafford.

Ye, but we're looking to go as home fans just to see the stadium and a game of footy, so would have thought it's standard pricing.
Football trip abroad on 12:25 - Jan 12 with 6006 viewsstowmarketrange

Football trip abroad on 11:26 - Jan 12 by RBlock

Me and my brother went to Naples 4 years ago to see them play taraabt’s Milan team.We bought some scarves beforehand from the London Napoli fan club and we were made very welcome.
As long as you can avoid the umbrella sellers outside the railway station you should be ok.
We found a pizza restaurant outside the ground for a fantastic local pizza and a few beers too.
It was so good that we went back there on the Sunday night too but they were closed and were only hosting a family meal.They still invited us in to eat but the prices were up from the previous day though.
The trains back from the stadium were a little crowded so keep your valuables well hidden just in case.
I bought match tickets in the uk before we went but as most Italian games seem to be covered by the identity card scheme but I’m sure there are ways round it.
The atmosphere was brilliant and very noisy at times,but I’m not sure that they are allowed to let off the noisy flares any more.You certainly knew it when they did let them off.
The curva sud and the curva nord were where the most noise came from and also the cheapest tickets.
Like most other cities you just need to be careful where you go but we didn’t see or hear of any trouble out there.I’d definitely like to go back again.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 12:26]
Login to get fewer ads

Football trip abroad on 12:38 - Jan 12 with 5982 viewshopphoops

Football trip abroad on 12:25 - Jan 12 by stowmarketrange

Me and my brother went to Naples 4 years ago to see them play taraabt’s Milan team.We bought some scarves beforehand from the London Napoli fan club and we were made very welcome.
As long as you can avoid the umbrella sellers outside the railway station you should be ok.
We found a pizza restaurant outside the ground for a fantastic local pizza and a few beers too.
It was so good that we went back there on the Sunday night too but they were closed and were only hosting a family meal.They still invited us in to eat but the prices were up from the previous day though.
The trains back from the stadium were a little crowded so keep your valuables well hidden just in case.
I bought match tickets in the uk before we went but as most Italian games seem to be covered by the identity card scheme but I’m sure there are ways round it.
The atmosphere was brilliant and very noisy at times,but I’m not sure that they are allowed to let off the noisy flares any more.You certainly knew it when they did let them off.
The curva sud and the curva nord were where the most noise came from and also the cheapest tickets.
Like most other cities you just need to be careful where you go but we didn’t see or hear of any trouble out there.I’d definitely like to go back again.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2018 12:26]

How about Genoa to watch Adel? Iconic stadium, great city, marginally better chance of hanging on to your belongings than in Naples ;)

(Napoli di merda
Napoli colera
Sei la vergogna
Dell'Italia intera

"Cholera-ridden shithole Naples, you are the shame of all Italy."

Forza Roma ;)

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

Football trip abroad on 12:51 - Jan 12 with 5966 viewsstowmarketrange

Football trip abroad on 12:38 - Jan 12 by hopphoops

How about Genoa to watch Adel? Iconic stadium, great city, marginally better chance of hanging on to your belongings than in Naples ;)

(Napoli di merda
Napoli colera
Sei la vergogna
Dell'Italia intera

"Cholera-ridden shithole Naples, you are the shame of all Italy."

Forza Roma ;)

I didn’t say it was the nicest place to go but I’d definitely go back for the football.
Football trip abroad on 12:57 - Jan 12 with 5953 viewshopphoops

Football trip abroad on 12:51 - Jan 12 by stowmarketrange

I didn’t say it was the nicest place to go but I’d definitely go back for the football.

It's a proper city and you can have a top night out for twenty quid, but I've seen crazy things there. Watching people have their watch dragged from their wrist by kids on mopeds takes the shine off the admittedly amazing pizza.

Football trip abroad on 13:12 - Jan 12 with 5933 viewsBlackandGoldR

Second the Madrid one, its not the best for atmosphere inside the ground but I sat outside a bar eating tapas and having beer before in view of the ground (not expensive) then to a bar next to the ground after where they were giving out free sandwiches and selling cheap estrellas. Lovely trip. No alcohol on sale inside the Bernabeu though - all "Sin" alcohol beers.
Rapid Vienna was good fun too, like Germany but lower standard of football.
PSG was dull (a couple of years before the big money) bars didn't open until 2 hours before K.O. No atmosphere. Concrete, cold, tight ground. And it was 0-0.
Germany is defo the best. Been to Munich 1860 and Hertha Berlin, both great trips.
I think any Spanish game would be good fun. Holland or Portugal next on my list.
Football trip abroad on 13:22 - Jan 12 with 5916 viewsR_from_afar

This is perhaps not what you had in mind but you could go to see a game in Scotland. Bear with me, don't press the "Ignore" button just yet.

Having read a book about East Stirling, I was keen to go to watch them and we picked their away game against Queens Park (nice name). The football was not great but QP's home games are at the magnificent Hampden Park plus you get free entry to the Museum of Scottish football bundled in with your ticket. Just a thought. We enjoyed it all immensely.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Football trip abroad on 13:32 - Jan 12 with 5903 viewsDubaiR

The football is not the greatest standard but a couple of options in Budapest and the place itself is a great weekend and very cheap once there.
Football trip abroad on 13:53 - Jan 12 with 5874 viewsMick_S

Football trip abroad on 13:32 - Jan 12 by DubaiR

The football is not the greatest standard but a couple of options in Budapest and the place itself is a great weekend and very cheap once there.

I'd agree with that - a wonderful place.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Football trip abroad on 13:58 - Jan 12 with 5868 viewsLandshark

Football trip abroad on 11:40 - Jan 12 by Brightonhoop

There's 2 teams in Seville!

Sevilla are the rich mans team of the city.

Real Betis are the working mans team, proper supporters, great atmosphere, great stadium. I would highly recommend going to the city of Seville, amazing city and check out a game at Betis while you are there.

Another good option for football is Poland, the city of Wroclaw is beautiful and cheap. A game in the best seat in the house cost me £10 about 3-4 years ago.
Football trip abroad on 14:59 - Jan 12 with 5824 viewsRBlock

Football trip abroad on 13:58 - Jan 12 by Landshark

There's 2 teams in Seville!

Sevilla are the rich mans team of the city.

Real Betis are the working mans team, proper supporters, great atmosphere, great stadium. I would highly recommend going to the city of Seville, amazing city and check out a game at Betis while you are there.

Another good option for football is Poland, the city of Wroclaw is beautiful and cheap. A game in the best seat in the house cost me £10 about 3-4 years ago.

Ooooh, I just had a look and you have Real Betis v Seville the week before we were planning to go. Definitely need to push it forward a week and get there for the derby!
Football trip abroad on 16:37 - Jan 12 with 5766 viewsLandshark

Football trip abroad on 14:59 - Jan 12 by RBlock

Ooooh, I just had a look and you have Real Betis v Seville the week before we were planning to go. Definitely need to push it forward a week and get there for the derby!

You definitely should, Seville is a very underrated city next to Barcelona and Madrid but personally it pisses over both of them.

Betis just beat Sevilla this weekend 5-3. First time in 6 years or something like that so green part of Seville went mental.
Football trip abroad on 01:46 - Jan 13 with 5636 viewsqprjeff1882

If you're looking for an atmosphere then look no further than the Red star Belgrade and Partizan Belgrade derby. Crazy by all accounts.
Football trip abroad on 04:11 - Jan 13 with 5615 viewsSonofNorfolt

The Belgrade derby is a spectacle worth seeing but not to be played again in the league this season (except possibly in the cup).
Try Valencia's Mestalla, Belgium is underrated, as is Portugal or even Sweden in the summer.
If you can go to Dortmund v Schalke. Now that is a derby.
Football trip abroad on 05:34 - Jan 13 with 5597 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I did Sevilla in December, and have Marseille planned in May.

If you are of a lefty persuasion or like to see a truly unique club try St Pauli of Hamburg:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/sep/06/st-pauli-club-that-stands-
Football trip abroad on 07:25 - Jan 13 with 5551 viewsChurchie

Only 3 hours to Istanbul. Take your pick Galatasaray Fenebache Besiktas amongst others.
But i am biased living in Turkey
Football trip abroad on 07:53 - Jan 13 with 5536 viewsBoston

Have you considered Glasgow? Drinking culture in abundance, many residents understand English....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Football trip abroad on 14:13 - Jan 13 with 5412 viewsDesertBoot

Montpellier is a brilliant city for a weekend and has a real passion for football.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Football trip abroad on 14:36 - Jan 13 with 5383 viewsLythamR

Amsterdam - Ajax

Stadium is only 15 mins from the main tourist area, Party - Culture - Football and only a short flight each way and the people are generally very decent
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024