Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the way back. 17:41 - Jan 13 with 4290 viewsMistication92

A win away, a win away etc!

Oteh missed a fantastic chance after a minute, after a nice ball by Conor. Another half chance in the first 10 minutes before 20 minutes of absolute dross from both sides. Oteh somehow bumbled one in (deserved for his overall performance) after a great header across.

Then almost straight away they equalise after some shambolic defending. More dross until half time. TBF to Washington he kept making good runs in behind, I just wish we'd play it through on the ground more, he will never get much change from huge centre halves. He took his goal well and nearly had a second at 3-1. Luongo with a real life goal OMG!

Scrappy but enough to beat a very basic Burton, how they manage to go on the road and win so often is confusing.

Furlong has to start next week. I'm guessing the front two will change again, I hope it's Washington out, rather than Oteh, I really liked the look of him. Smith showed he's best coming of the bench.

Lovely stuff!
On the way back. on 17:51 - Jan 13 with 4169 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks for the report, Misty.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

On the way back. on 17:53 - Jan 13 with 4148 viewsdodge_stoke_r

We need to stop tinkering withe the front 2. No team will ever be successful if it's forward line is different every week. Olly, pick you preferred 2and give them a decent run of games.
Burton where shite. I thought we bossed a game that was easy to boss as Burton offered nothing what so ever.
On the way back. on 19:11 - Jan 13 with 3729 viewsngbqpr

Think 'absolute dross' is a bit harsh!

My take...Burton actually looked like they were setting up for a 0-0 (maybe understandable given that they seem to get a lot more points away)...hence we bossed the first half hour but after the two early chances didn't have enough invention to break them down so it was a bit attritional. However the goal (GREAT assist from Furlong) still reflected the balance of play.

We then dozed off, conceded the sloppiest of equalisers, and had arocky 10 minutes before half time when BA's tails were up.

Second half, once we'd repelled a bunch of early corners, was one way traffic....you could see the confidence rising, we were definitely going all out for the win, and once the second went in, for once we didn't sit deep and invite pressure but kept pushing for more and deservedly got it. Also as the confidence rose, there were less long balls and more neat interplay.

World beaters? No. Very limited opposition who will most likely get relegated? Yes. But....I thought every player worked their socks off today - which is what we all want as a starter isn't it?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

On the way back. on 19:42 - Jan 13 with 3557 viewsBrightonhoop

Cheers for the report. Bit high on the win away. Well done to all that went.
On the way back. on 21:53 - Jan 13 with 3022 viewsterryb

I was in the front row of the seats, so I found it impossible to form an overview of the game.

What is incredible to me, is that we conceded a goal. The only question was whether we would score.

All bar one of our chances, the Oteh goal, involved Washington. On his day, his movement is far better than any of our regular forwards & this was one of those days. Almost all of the times he was offside was due to the passer of the ball taking an extra touch before releasing it when his run had demanded the ball early.

Overall, I thought this was a very comfortable victory where we were able to play well within ourselves.

Quite an enjoyable day!
On the way back. on 22:36 - Jan 13 with 2854 viewsRoller

Back home and fed.

I think that Furlong deserves particular recognition. Not just for his performance, but for his maturity. While others would have screamed and shouted at the linesman for not awarding us a penalty for hand ball during a penalty area melee during the second half (the were too many players between us and the ball for a serious evaluation of this incident), young Darnell went over to him in a break of play, place his hand on the lineman shoulder a calmly discuss the decision. Later in the match when one of their players collapsed under an innocuous challenge, Furlong made sure that he was ok before continuing the match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024