Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FWIW, views from yesterday 12:11 - Jan 14 with 3078 viewsDieByYourSide

An atypically good and professional away performance barring the moment of madness immediately after we scored. Just as I was trying to get an 'Oteh, Oteh, Oteh, Oteh' song off the ground Lloyd f*cking Dyer did what he always does against us (what was Smithies doing for the goal?). Connor did well running the channels and taking their centre halves out to areas they didn't want to be, a refreshing change from the home game against Burton where they gobbled up long balls all day.

Only gripe is he could have had another, he was unlucky to see a shot cannon off the post and across goal but had a few other chances to add to his tally. MOM for me was Mass, he was absolutely everywhere, breaking up play and driving forward with gusto we don't always see from him - simply ran the game for my money and was delighted to see him get a goal. Richly deserved the reception he got at the end.

A word on Oteh - was in the right place and right time to take his goal so fair play to him, his all round game was tidy enough for a full debut too. Credit to Furlong for the assist for the first as well, I'd forgotten that he had such an impressive leap on him.

Top atmosphere on the terrace, some Rangers fans were slightly sloppy (possibly a few too many pints of the local Burton Bass pre match) but thought even when things weren't going great the support didn't falter. Semi-dangerous scenes when the goals went in, proper limbs everywhere, ending up about ten feet from where you started, hugging strangers kind of moments.

Some great songs for Connor, Jack Robinson and some old classics like Magic Hat, Gino Padula and Dan Shittu. A genuinely great away day, I'm sure everyone who went will agree.

Poll: And it's hi ho

FWIW, views from yesterday on 13:34 - Jan 14 with 2951 viewskingo

Completely agree with your round up about Mass and Conor, who until he got his goal had played better but fluffed a few chances that he really should have scored with. Support was great and my only gripe was with the over zealous stewards. I also though Ned did really well with their big number 10, who was a very physical handful. But all in all a great day out. Although we need to adopt some songs for current players.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2018 13:34]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

FWIW, views from yesterday on 17:50 - Jan 14 with 2702 viewsRangersDave

I thought we were ok, nothing more i’m afraid.

burton had a bit of positional play with wingers and an overlap that caused us a few problems, even if they weren’t big ones.

Still I see this a triangular footballing, and no one really prepared to have a dig at goal, as I felt we could have troubled them more if we just trained our guys not to be goal shy.

Passing the ball across goal instead of taking a half step and having a go does nark me completely, and more often than not the ball goes back, then across, then back, then across, losing any impetus.

We weren’t spectacular, but did a good job in the second half, and i thoughts with them chasing the game at 2-1 we could have pressed harder and brought on a fresh winger to rip them a new one as I couldn’t really see Burton scoring another goal ( yeah I know, it’s Rangers so never say that), and I am glad we have beaten our “duck” with Burton.

I can see them going down and us shading it and staying up now though.

A couple of more results like yesterday’s and we will be ok in my opinion.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

FWIW, views from yesterday on 20:58 - Jan 14 with 2434 viewsDieByYourSide

If you're not pleased with us winning, scoring three away from home and a good day out on a terrace...

Poll: And it's hi ho

FWIW, views from yesterday on 21:18 - Jan 14 with 2382 viewsLongsufferingR

FWIW, views from yesterday on 20:58 - Jan 14 by DieByYourSide

If you're not pleased with us winning, scoring three away from home and a good day out on a terrace...

Well, it was a bit chilly to be fair.
FWIW, views from yesterday on 21:45 - Jan 14 with 2311 viewsMistication92

After the second goal someone on the left side was dragged out by the stewards, anyone know what for? No one around us could work it out.

Furlong won so many goal kicks, I wasn't a fan of the tactic but TBF he did really well. As I said elsewhere I only wished that the through balls to Conor and Oteh were closer to the ground to nullify the large defenders and that they were given quicker, because Conor was always ready on the last shoulder of the defender only to get caught offside because the ball wasn't given straight away.

Being on a terrace is awesome, I hope Burton stay up and they take their case to the FA etc, it would be ludicrous and a huge waste of their limited funds to have to put a load of seats in. How TF do they survive on 4k btw?! Must've been at least 900 Rangers as well.
FWIW, views from yesterday on 22:17 - Jan 14 with 2234 viewskingo

FWIW, views from yesterday on 21:45 - Jan 14 by Mistication92

After the second goal someone on the left side was dragged out by the stewards, anyone know what for? No one around us could work it out.

Furlong won so many goal kicks, I wasn't a fan of the tactic but TBF he did really well. As I said elsewhere I only wished that the through balls to Conor and Oteh were closer to the ground to nullify the large defenders and that they were given quicker, because Conor was always ready on the last shoulder of the defender only to get caught offside because the ball wasn't given straight away.

Being on a terrace is awesome, I hope Burton stay up and they take their case to the FA etc, it would be ludicrous and a huge waste of their limited funds to have to put a load of seats in. How TF do they survive on 4k btw?! Must've been at least 900 Rangers as well.

It was a young lad who started dancing on the walkway at the front. Next thing was one tried to grab him and he ducked under the barrier and then about 20 of the stewards came steaming in. It says there were 1200 but there were 350 in the seats and the terrace was pretty packed. Seemed like more than 850 on the terrace.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

FWIW, views from yesterday on 00:33 - Jan 15 with 2100 viewsBoston

FWIW, views from yesterday on 22:17 - Jan 14 by kingo

It was a young lad who started dancing on the walkway at the front. Next thing was one tried to grab him and he ducked under the barrier and then about 20 of the stewards came steaming in. It says there were 1200 but there were 350 in the seats and the terrace was pretty packed. Seemed like more than 850 on the terrace.

Not that young, looked to be 20/25 to me. Think he was jumping around on the chained off path and threw the tea/drink he had in his hand onto the grass. Stewards went after him and he did a good job ducking into the crowd and heading left toward me. Then what looked like half the security personnel of East Staffordshire played hide and seek looking for him, shame the bloke didn’t obey the first rule of the hunt and ditch his jacket, but they spotted him and out he went. Hope it was just an ejection, all a bit over the top methinks.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

FWIW, views from yesterday on 06:54 - Jan 15 with 2027 viewsRangersDave

I was right by the barrier and although watching the match, and at the time celebrating, the fracas was just to the left of me, so as things quietened down, heard the chief steward and 2 of his staff talking.

Apparently, according to the younger lad of the 3, he got the qpr fan by the lef as he ducked under the barrier, and to get away the fan kicked the Steward in the head.

This enraged said bald chief steward who then got the stewards en mass down the front to find the fan.
The chief steward then after a few minutes walked past me non too pleased at the pelters he was getting from a section of peed up fans behind and to the left of me, and although not directed at the fans, and more under his breath, swore as he walked passed me towards the centre of the no go area at the front.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

FWIW, views from yesterday on 07:54 - Jan 15 with 1987 viewsGroveR

FWIW, views from yesterday on 06:54 - Jan 15 by RangersDave

I was right by the barrier and although watching the match, and at the time celebrating, the fracas was just to the left of me, so as things quietened down, heard the chief steward and 2 of his staff talking.

Apparently, according to the younger lad of the 3, he got the qpr fan by the lef as he ducked under the barrier, and to get away the fan kicked the Steward in the head.

This enraged said bald chief steward who then got the stewards en mass down the front to find the fan.
The chief steward then after a few minutes walked past me non too pleased at the pelters he was getting from a section of peed up fans behind and to the left of me, and although not directed at the fans, and more under his breath, swore as he walked passed me towards the centre of the no go area at the front.

You should've reported him for swearing.
FWIW, views from yesterday on 10:14 - Jan 15 with 1869 viewspaulparker

it seems the stewards at Burton have previous as they were very heavy handed with a couple of girls who celebrated a bit much when Sunderland won there a few weeks back

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024