Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cyrille Regis 08:07 - Jan 15 with 11142 viewseastside_r

RIP.

59 Too young.

Great Player.
Cyrille Regis on 08:11 - Jan 15 with 6178 viewsconnell10

Loved him he was a great player! RIP big man!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Cyrille Regis on 08:15 - Jan 15 with 6169 viewsrbsranger

Will always remember this goal from my childhood

(sorry don't know how to embed the actual footage)

and of course how Bob Hazell didn't give him a sniff at Highbury in the 82 semi final
Cyrille Regis on 08:16 - Jan 15 with 6167 viewsWrightUp5hit___

That is so very sad, not just the scariest striker of his era but a very good man as well
Cyrille Regis on 08:20 - Jan 15 with 6152 viewsstowmarketrange

That’s a real shock.I remember him scoring some fantastic goals in his career.That is 2 of the 3degrees gone far too young.RIP Cyrille.
Cyrille Regis on 08:24 - Jan 15 with 6127 viewsDiscodroids

One of the True greats. I'm Still boring people into the firmament that If Cyrille was selected as the main striker in the unbeaten 82 world Cup side we would have gone on to win it, Unless Bob Hazell was playing for the Italians of course.

Unplayable blitzkrieg tour de force of a player in his Prime.

I hope Cyrille is settling in for the long nap. By the light of his new sun.

RIP.and gawd bless you big man.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Cyrille Regis on 08:37 - Jan 15 with 6091 viewswestberksr

Terrible news, what a great striker & always seemed a genuine nice guy

RIP Cyrille
Cyrille Regis on 08:39 - Jan 15 with 6084 viewsngbqpr

Great player. Great man. That's so sad, no age at all.

One of those players that fans of EVERY club respected.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Cyrille Regis on 08:53 - Jan 15 with 6037 viewsJAPRANGERS

59, that's no age to leave us. Truly a great player of his era.

RIP
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 8:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Cyrille Regis on 08:55 - Jan 15 with 6034 viewsBostonR

A battering ram of a centre-forward who was also very skillful. He was also supremely fit and would not look out of place in the Premier League if he was playing in this age. A sad loss RIP.
Cyrille Regis on 08:55 - Jan 15 with 6031 viewsMrSheen

Cyrille Regis on 08:39 - Jan 15 by ngbqpr

Great player. Great man. That's so sad, no age at all.

One of those players that fans of EVERY club respected.

Except for the morons who threw bananas at him during our semi at Highbury. A fantastic explosive striker, RIP, thanks to him and Laurie Cunningham for that 5-3 win at Old Trafford.
Cyrille Regis on 09:09 - Jan 15 with 5986 viewssexton

Only 5 England caps as well.

Big Bob Hazell's snuffing out of Cyrille in the 82 semi was one of the great Rs performances I've seen.
Cyrille Regis on 09:12 - Jan 15 with 5974 viewsCamberleyR

Cyrille Regis on 08:24 - Jan 15 by Discodroids

One of the True greats. I'm Still boring people into the firmament that If Cyrille was selected as the main striker in the unbeaten 82 world Cup side we would have gone on to win it, Unless Bob Hazell was playing for the Italians of course.

Unplayable blitzkrieg tour de force of a player in his Prime.

I hope Cyrille is settling in for the long nap. By the light of his new sun.

RIP.and gawd bless you big man.

I'm in agreement with you Disco. Greenwood was fixated though on his Mariner/Woodcock partnership which often was about as threatening as Hinge & Bracket playing up front.

RIP Big Cyrille

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cyrille Regis on 09:13 - Jan 15 with 5963 viewsstevec

Loved watching big Cyrille terrorise defences, a proper centre forward.

59, bloody hell. RIP
Cyrille Regis on 09:14 - Jan 15 with 5962 viewsBrightonhoop

Met him twice, once with Sir Les at Hayes for a charity match and once for a Jamaica friendly at Watford. He was gentleman off the field as well as one heck of a force on it.

Bit stunned to be honest. Way too young.

RIP Big Man.
Cyrille Regis on 09:19 - Jan 15 with 5945 viewsMick_S

We stood in front of him at a Roy Ayres concert many years ago. Seemed a very decent man.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Cyrille Regis on 09:26 - Jan 15 with 5920 viewspaulparker

my old man hated any footballer who wasn't Rodney marsh or the morgan twins but he used to wax lyrical about Regis and how Rangers should sign him
he was Les before Les , and DD is bang on should have been in the England 82 squad instead of Brooking or Keegan
my memory of him was Bullying our defence in a Friday night game against Coventry around 87, it was Tony Roberts debut, Rangers had gone one up before Regis bossed the 2nd half and the young Roberts , we lost 2-1 , it was a masterclass in how to be an effective striker
RIP to the big man

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Cyrille Regis on 09:33 - Jan 15 with 5897 viewsPlanetHonneywood

One of those players who transcended petty club rivalries. You'd have had him in your side any day of the week!

I will never forget his epic battle with Bobby Hazell on 3 April 1982.

Utter legend and seemingly a decent man. Very sad news.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Cyrille Regis on 09:55 - Jan 15 with 5842 viewsterryb

RIP Cyril.

The West Brom trio had a positive effect on how black players were treated in football, by their charisma as well as their talent.

Bob Hazel was prasing Cyril completely on the recent Loftus Road podcast. He will be very upset with this news.

Thank you Cyril for the memories.
Cyrille Regis on 10:00 - Jan 15 with 5829 viewsrichranger

Was another 'local' we missed - he grew up in Stonebridge and went to school in Harlesden. He signed for West Brom from Hayes - whom we bought Les Ferdinand from.

RIP Cyrille
Cyrille Regis on 10:01 - Jan 15 with 5827 viewsW7Ranger

RIP big Cyrille.
Cyrille Regis on 10:14 - Jan 15 with 5790 viewsflynnbo

Terribly sad news. Had all the attributes associated with what a centre forward should be, in my opinion. RIP big fella-far too young.
Cyrille Regis on 10:22 - Jan 15 with 5764 viewsSimonJames

Sad news. Great player, dignified man. RIP

100% of people who drink water will die.

Cyrille Regis on 10:24 - Jan 15 with 5751 viewsBoston

Top,top player who should have had a bucket load of England caps.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cyrille Regis on 10:31 - Jan 15 with 5727 viewsbosh67

By all accounts a wonderful human being and of course a great player. RIP. Too young.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cyrille Regis on 10:38 - Jan 15 with 5710 viewsBrightonhoop

Cyrille Regis on 10:00 - Jan 15 by richranger

Was another 'local' we missed - he grew up in Stonebridge and went to school in Harlesden. He signed for West Brom from Hayes - whom we bought Les Ferdinand from.

RIP Cyrille

indeed, it was seeing Regis progress so well that set Hayes Chairman initiating the sell on clause for Sir Les when we bout him for £50,000 from Hayes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024