Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert appointed by Stoke 11:36 - Jan 15 with 9325 viewsCamberleyR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42689053
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 11:37]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 19:00 - Jan 15 with 2981 viewsizlingtonhoop

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 11:44 - Jan 15 by eghamranger

Doesn’t he sing with Queen now

Steve lambert was the lead singer of Roman Holiday, who got a mention out of nowhere the other day.

We grew up in the same street...
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 19:01 - Jan 15 with 2975 viewsLongsufferingR

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 11:44 - Jan 15 by eghamranger

Doesn’t he sing with Queen now

No, you're thinking of Adam Mercury.
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 19:05 - Jan 15 with 2965 viewsizlingtonhoop

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 19:01 - Jan 15 by LongsufferingR

No, you're thinking of Adam Mercury.

I always remember Freddie Mercury's 'obituary' in Private Eye...

"... real name Freddy Telecom."

Still makes me laugh...
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 19:39 - Jan 15 with 2926 viewsFredManRave

Taking a short term view, now that Hughes has gone it means I actually want Stoke to win their game tonight.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 20:10 - Jan 15 with 2885 viewsdaveB

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 14:41 - Jan 15 by paulparker

yeah it was very lively that day especially on the shuttle bus , we had a very good away following in them days and its hard to think that they were for a time our biggest rivals on and off the pitch

That was the day their fans threw a railway spike into the away enclosure and me and my misses watched it as it got closer and closer through the air thinking, blimey thats a big bottle before I bravely shouted run and legged it and a steward jumped in front of my misses taking it smack on the shoulder.

She wasn't keen on going to Stoke again after that but managed to talk her into it and we went the day Bircham got Taggert sent off and the scenes were quite similar
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 20:16 - Jan 15 with 2875 viewsFredManRave

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 20:10 - Jan 15 by daveB

That was the day their fans threw a railway spike into the away enclosure and me and my misses watched it as it got closer and closer through the air thinking, blimey thats a big bottle before I bravely shouted run and legged it and a steward jumped in front of my misses taking it smack on the shoulder.

She wasn't keen on going to Stoke again after that but managed to talk her into it and we went the day Bircham got Taggert sent off and the scenes were quite similar

At least this gives us an alternative to the WWBMD as we've now got the WWDBD.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 20:17 - Jan 15 with 2869 viewsVancouverHoop

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 11:59 - Jan 15 by TacticalR

I do think Lambert is a better manager than Hughes. Having said that the Villa job really seemed to do him - he looked more miserable every season (and he looked pretty miserable to start with).

Talking to a Norwich fan about this on another board about his decline.

Many of their fans were genuinely expecting him to go on and do great things, but it hasn't happened. He cited the absence of assistants Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa in recent years. It's well known that Lambert had a Brian Clough like presence at the club - not around too much during the week but hugely effective when he did appear on match day. Culverhouse and Karsa did the ground work on the training pitch and the former was apparently a key factor in the club's rise through the divisions.

Yet, even with them by his side at Villa, things didn't work out and their subsequent falling out was unpleasant by all accounts. His career just hasn't got back on track. As it goes Culverhouse now manages Kings Lynn who currently sit top of the Southern Premier League. Shades of Redknapp and Mclaren with us.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 20:18]
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 20:37 - Jan 15 with 2843 viewskomradkirk

what a face ache tosser.suited to stoke.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 21:39 - Jan 15 with 2766 viewsNoDiddley

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 20:37 - Jan 15 by komradkirk

what a face ache tosser.suited to stoke.

Need to appoint a assistant manager called Butler then it’ll all go up in smoke.. I’ll get me coat
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 22:55 - Jan 15 with 2710 viewsTacticalR

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 20:17 - Jan 15 by VancouverHoop

Talking to a Norwich fan about this on another board about his decline.

Many of their fans were genuinely expecting him to go on and do great things, but it hasn't happened. He cited the absence of assistants Ian Culverhouse and Gary Karsa in recent years. It's well known that Lambert had a Brian Clough like presence at the club - not around too much during the week but hugely effective when he did appear on match day. Culverhouse and Karsa did the ground work on the training pitch and the former was apparently a key factor in the club's rise through the divisions.

Yet, even with them by his side at Villa, things didn't work out and their subsequent falling out was unpleasant by all accounts. His career just hasn't got back on track. As it goes Culverhouse now manages Kings Lynn who currently sit top of the Southern Premier League. Shades of Redknapp and Mclaren with us.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 20:18]

Lambert and Roy Keane were sleeping rough towards the end at Villa

Air hostess clique

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 23:37 - Jan 15 with 2672 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:55 - Jan 15 by simmo

You can't really want a Stoke away day PP?!

Horrible club but I'm happy that we don't have to play them twice a season.

This.

Newcastle and WBA would be nice though.
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 10:53 - Jan 16 with 2533 viewsMick_S

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 22:55 - Jan 15 by TacticalR

Lambert and Roy Keane were sleeping rough towards the end at Villa

When Roy Keane met Vic Reeves at football.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 12:29 - Jan 16 with 2459 viewsManinBlack

Oddly one of my best mates lives in Stoke. Mind you he doesn't like football.

One of our few successes live on Sky was beating Stoke 3-0 in the season they got promoted to the Premiership and yet they are still there. We did join them twice but didn't last long.

Apparently only the top 6 and Everton have been in the Premier League longer than Stoke so they have done better than expected. However, not being one of the big guns it is probably only a matter of time before they do get relegated.
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 14:59 - Jan 16 with 2368 viewsellersliehoop

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 13:26 - Jan 15 by Antti_Heinola

People give Hodgson a bad rap, and obviously the Euros were a disaster. But he took Fulham - *Fulham* - to the UEFA Cup final. Fulham. He was always going to do well at Palace - perfect sized club for him and the fact is he's a very good coach for that size of club. Glad he's doing well. Good guy. And it must really wind paulparker up, which is always good (only kidding PP).

But this one is absolutely bizarre. Baffling that they hadn't sounded anyone out before Hughes went, because he was on the verge for so long. Rowett would have been a good appointment (Les and Lee get stick for their choices, but they wanted Rowett every time, and he would have been good), Flores a bit left field but could've worked. Lambert is bizarre. Why not look at the brentford manager? Or Wilder? Or Lee Johnson? Hell, I'd have taken Monk over Lambert, and he's available.

Dislike Pardew, but I like Albion, hope they stay up. Swansea are probably gone. Hope Brighton stay up as I like them and Hughton. Southampton must be bricking it though.

Would love to see Brighton get relegated, my neighbour bangs on incessantly and what a big club they are..........
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 17:11 - Jan 16 with 2324 viewsPinnerPaul

Still - got himself a well paid 2 1/2 year contract that will probably be paid up about this time next year!
Lambert appointed by Stoke on 18:35 - Jan 16 with 2288 viewsJigsore

Funny but it'd be difficult to see anyone doing worse than Hughes this season. First club in Europe's Top 5 Leagues to concede *50* goals, shocking.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Lambert appointed by Stoke on 14:49 - May 5 with 1911 viewsCamberleyR

Well, that went spectacularly didn't it. One win in fifteen and relegation

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024