Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich 15:48 - Jan 15 with 3044 viewsWrightUp5hit___

"Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, who looked to be carrying more than a little timber, started for QPR."
U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 15:54 - Jan 15 with 3009 viewsWokingR

That's 2 games in a row they've played him.
I really hope this is the same as Caulker and they are just trying to put him in the shop window in the hope of shifting him in the transfer window and isn't any sort of plan to actually give him yet another chance.
U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 16:02 - Jan 15 with 2976 viewsstowmarketrange

I was going to go along and see that game.Glad I didn’t bother now.
U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 16:16 - Jan 15 with 2933 viewsqpr1976

U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 15:54 - Jan 15 by WokingR

That's 2 games in a row they've played him.
I really hope this is the same as Caulker and they are just trying to put him in the shop window in the hope of shifting him in the transfer window and isn't any sort of plan to actually give him yet another chance.

Judging by the size of him, they may have to make the shop window alot bigger so he can be seen !
U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 17:41 - Jan 15 with 2762 viewsCheshireR

I suspect that the inclusion of Emmanuel - Thomas, Borysiuk and Perch were all for 'shop window' purposes.
U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 18:12 - Jan 15 with 2684 viewsJigsore

Perch is out of contract at the end of the season, no ones buying him

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 18:40 - Jan 15 with 2630 viewsCheshireR

U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 18:12 - Jan 15 by Jigsore

I am inclined to agree with you, but this will be our last chance to sell him and others on prior to the expiry of their contracts.
The intent seems to be that we will now comply with the current FFP rules. Our parachute payments have reduced to circa £9.6M this season. A significant drop from the £24M and £19.3M of the previous two years.
If we still have a budget shortfall then the club may try to reduce costs further by sales where possible and granting free transfers as a last resort.
U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 18:47 - Jan 15 with 2612 viewsdaveB

I think Perch will probably be in around the first team again soon but the others likely to be gone by the end of the week
U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 21:23 - Jan 15 with 2429 viewsderbyhoop

Is that guesswork or based on things you've heard?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 22:07 - Jan 15 with 2368 viewssmegma

JET = Jay Extra Timber
U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 02:41 - Jan 16 with 2164 viewsqprd

Why not?

An experienced Championship player who can play right back, left back, center back and defensive midfielder? A lot of teams would gladly take that for the rest of this season. Harry Redknapp signed Aaron Hughes from Fulham in the same exact situation in 2013-2014.

If QPR ate a fraction of his wages, there would definitely be suitors.

I think we should try to offload him if we can, as we have Robinson, Ned, Lynch, Bidwell, Hall, Furlong, Baptiste, plus makeshift wingbacks in Manning, Wzolek and Cousins, plus the youth kids (C Paul, Hamalanien, Kakay, G Phillips etc etc). thats an awfully high number of defenders for any team, let alone a bottom half Championship team

Only problem is that interest from other clubs may be limited in light of his recent injury. Hopefully his U23 performances can allay that fear
U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 03:52 - Jan 16 with 2133 viewsisawqpratwcity

U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 02:41 - Jan 16 by qprd

Why not?

An experienced Championship player who can play right back, left back, center back and defensive midfielder? A lot of teams would gladly take that for the rest of this season. Harry Redknapp signed Aaron Hughes from Fulham in the same exact situation in 2013-2014.

I think we should try to offload him if we can, as we have Robinson, Ned, Lynch, Bidwell, Hall, Furlong, Baptiste, plus makeshift wingbacks in Manning, Wzolek and Cousins, plus the youth kids (C Paul, Hamalanien, Kakay, G Phillips etc etc). thats an awfully high number of defenders for any team, let alone a bottom half Championship team

Only problem is that interest from other clubs may be limited in light of his recent injury. Hopefully his U23 performances can allay that fear

Only a couple of weeks and we'll definitely know.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 11:23 - Jan 16 with 1826 viewsJigsore

U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 02:41 - Jan 16 by qprd

Why not?

that relies on us finding someone as unimaginative and stupid as Harry Redknapp

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

U23's lose 3-0 at Ipswich on 11:33 - Jan 16 with 1809 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

@qprd - "Hopefully his U23 performances can allay that fear"

Yep a few more 3-0 defeats should have them flocking!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024