Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your closest team? [edit - now plus Postcode map] 16:32 - Jan 16 with 30410 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Many/most of us will have moved since deciding to support QPR. So what are your closest teams distance-wise in the top four divisions? Mine are:

Prem: Brighton
Championship: Millwall
League 1: Gillingham
League 2: Crawley

LFW members location map: https://www.mapcustomizer.com/map/LFW-QPR

If you want to be on the map, just post the first part of your postcode in this thread - or full postcode if you prefer (which will identify where you live within a couple of streets).

[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 11:24]
What's your geographically closest team? on 10:20 - Jan 17 with 2646 viewstkqpr

Always lived in Lincolnshire, grew up in the late 70's/80's and everyone was a Man Utd/Liverpool or Forest fan at my school so i had a little Football Book of every team and chose QPR as i like the kit, i didnt know where London was aged 9 or how difficult it was to get to from Lincolnshire, or i might have chosen WBA as that was my other option. Funny how it works, but all my immediate family (wife and 2 kids) are QPR fans now.

Prem: Leicester
Championship: Forest
League 1: Scunthorpe
League 2: Lincoln
What's your geographically closest team? on 10:41 - Jan 17 with 2632 viewsHarbour

Watford
Brentford 9.3 miles Loftus Rd 11 miles
What's your geographically closest team? on 10:53 - Jan 17 with 2624 viewstoboboly

Prem - Scum
Championship - Red trousered rascals
League 1 - AFC
League 2 - Barnet

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

What's your geographically closest team? on 10:53 - Jan 17 with 2621 viewspaulparker

Prem-Watford

Championship - QPR although Birmingham isn't far behind

League 1 - MkDons /Northampton

League 2 - Luton

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What's your geographically closest team? on 11:01 - Jan 17 with 2614 viewsheadhoops

Was waiting for woking to post so I could just copy his.

Premiership - Chelsea
Championship - Brentford/Reading
League 1 - AFC Wimbledon -
League 2 - Crawley/Wycombe
first level old skool daft van name league - Woking

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

What's your geographically closest team? on 11:21 - Jan 17 with 2592 viewsCamberleyR

I live in Farnborough not Camberley these days so:

Prem: Ch*ls**
Champ: Fakes
L1: AFC Wimbledon
L2: Wycombe W
Nat Lge: Aldershot

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

What's your geographically closest team? on 11:38 - Jan 17 with 2571 viewssuperhoopdownunder

For 27 years of my life it was only around 2 miles to QPR for me

Nowadays my nearest team is Melbourne Victory - until a couple of years ago it used to be around 10 miles to the ground from my house and would go to watch quite a few games. However we now have a Junior R and rented that house out and moved to the countryside (to be near my wife's family) - so we are currently 120 miles to Melbourne Victory's stadium and I only go to watch one game each season.
Now I watch games mainly on Fox Sports.

I do miss going to watch QPR play. Some of my happiest days were watching us from the late 70's to around 1998 when I emigrated to Australia.

U R's
What's your geographically closest team? on 11:48 - Jan 17 with 2560 viewsDaiHo0p

Prem - Swansea
Chumps - Cardiff
Lg 1 - Bristol Rvs
Lg 2 Newport County
Login to get fewer ads

What's your geographically closest team? on 11:48 - Jan 17 with 2560 viewslankylancaster

What's your geographically closest team? on 20:05 - Jan 16 by DanVanDyke

Newcastle
Sunderland
Bradford?
Carlisle?

We can't be far apart, mine are:

Prem - Newcastle
Champ - Middlesbrough (only just, by 2 miles over Sunderland)
L1 - Bradford
L2 - Carlisle
What's your geographically closest team? on 12:30 - Jan 17 with 2517 viewsellersliehoop

What's your geographically closest team? on 16:47 - Jan 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

Until 2 years ago I could see Loftus Road from my Kitchen window. I used to live in Shepherds Bush Green.

Premiership: Watford
Championship: QPR
League One: Milton Keynes Dons
League Two: Luton
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 16:55]

Are you sure you're not my neighbour as I'm identical to you..........
What's your geographically closest team? on 12:36 - Jan 17 with 2508 viewshopphoops

Same as the OP for me, and about 4 billion Afro-Eurasians.

My nearest teams are Lausanne Sport (1st division); Genève Servette (2nd) and Etoile Carouge (3rd). The nearest team at a level where they have names on shirts, refs, actual goalposts etc is Lyon.

I joke; however Servette do unfortunately average about 2,000 crowds in a 30,000 stadium.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 12:39]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

What's your geographically closest team? on 12:50 - Jan 17 with 2486 viewsMytch_QPR

What's your geographically closest team? on 11:21 - Jan 17 by CamberleyR

I live in Farnborough not Camberley these days so:

Prem: Ch*ls**
L1: AFC Wimbledon
L2: Wycombe W
Nat Lge: Aldershot

I'm down the road from you in sunny Trash Vale - I was hoping that Palace or Southampton might be nearest - but sadly it's the scum.

L1: AFC Wombles
L2: Crawley Town / Wycombe - both same distance.

I've often thought of going to a non-league game at Farnborough, have you ever been?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

What's your geographically closest team? on 13:12 - Jan 17 with 2468 viewsCamberleyR

What's your geographically closest team? on 12:50 - Jan 17 by Mytch_QPR

I'm down the road from you in sunny Trash Vale - I was hoping that Palace or Southampton might be nearest - but sadly it's the scum.

L1: AFC Wombles
L2: Crawley Town / Wycombe - both same distance.

I've often thought of going to a non-league game at Farnborough, have you ever been?

I'm probably nearer to you than you think being in the North Camp end of Farnborough. I've been to Cherywood Road twice, once for a pre-season Rangers friendly (only a QPR XI so kids and trialists) and the other time to watch an FA Cup tie against Maidenhead with some Maidenhead supporting Sunday footballing mates. I remember it was freezing bloody cold with sideways rain coming down. This was early 90s when Farnborough were doing okay in the Conference.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

What's your geographically closest team? on 13:38 - Jan 17 with 2442 viewsGloucs_R

Prem: Villa
Championship: Bristol City
League 1: Bristol Rovers
League 2: Cheltenham Town / Forest Green - almost the same distance to both

Poll: Are we staying up?

What's your geographically closest team? on 13:53 - Jan 17 with 2428 viewsSimonJames

What's your geographically closest team? on 23:05 - Jan 16 by OakR

Keep it quiet - don't want anyone else finding out SE London is actually not that bad!

I'm in SE23 and have a very small allotment in Bromley, such is the exciting life I lead!

When I cycle to work, I actually cycle past Millwall's ground.

I lived in Bromley for several years in the 90's. Great place.
Before that I lived for 6 months in Thamesmead... not such a great place.

100% of people who drink water will die.

What's your geographically closest team? on 14:08 - Jan 17 with 2405 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What's your geographically closest team? on 12:30 - Jan 17 by ellersliehoop

Are you sure you're not my neighbour as I'm identical to you..........

Mid Beds?
What's your geographically closest team? on 14:35 - Jan 17 with 2377 viewsMick_S

Watford.

Ickle Bees.

AFC Wimbledon.

Barnet.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

What's your geographically closest team? on 14:46 - Jan 17 with 2361 viewsBoston

What's your geographically closest team? on 09:45 - Jan 17 by TheChef

Heh, you must be round the corner!

Barnet is closest for me, it's about a half hour walk to get there.

Currently at my Mothers, the house where I grew up and developed an expensive habit...crackqpr. East Lane Wembley, 3 mins from the platform of North Wembley station and freedom.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What's your geographically closest team? on 14:57 - Jan 17 with 2348 viewsMKQPR

Premiership: Watford
Championship: QPR
League One: MK Dons
League Two: Luton
What's your geographically closest team? on 15:03 - Jan 17 with 2340 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Palace
Difficult when a lot of your friends and family support a team you would happily see go down because of the odd gloating work colleague!
What's your geographically closest team? on 15:05 - Jan 17 with 2334 viewsDubaiR

Live in Gloucester so would guess:

Prem - WBA (I guess)
Champ - Bristol City
League 1 - Bristol Rovers
League 2 - Forest Green

If QPR ever went bust then would follow either Rovers or FG.
What's your geographically closest team? on 15:24 - Jan 17 with 2317 viewsTheBlob

Aberystwyth Town.
I'd rather be placed face down in a festering septic tank.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 15:25]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

What's your geographically closest team? on 16:13 - Jan 17 with 2273 viewsMonahoop

Living in Co Monaghan I have worked out that the nearest English league teams are :-
Prem - Liverpool/ Everton
Champ - Bolton
Lge 1 - Blackpool and Fleetwood both virtually the same distance
Lge 2 - Carlisle Utd

Nearest Scottish team - Stranraer.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

What's your geographically closest team? on 16:50 - Jan 17 with 2235 viewsCiderwithRsie

What's your geographically closest team? on 16:49 - Jan 16 by Dorse

Prem: Bournemouth
Champ: Bristol City
Lg1: Bristol Rovers / Portsmouth
Lg2: Yeovil

Dorset is a bleak football wasteland, inhabited by cackling toothless crones and morris-dancing wierdos all just desperate to burn outsiders in the Wicker Man.

Any sign of a young and naked Britt Eckland trying to get into your room? IIRC correctly the message of the film was that in that event it is essential to shag her witless if you don't want to end up as the centre of attention next Bonfire Night.

Just a head's up.
What's your geographically closest team? on 17:07 - Jan 17 with 2216 viewsoldmisery

My nearest team in the four divisions used to be West Ham but now they have moved to Stratford I guess my nearest team is West Ham. Leyton Orient are probably equidistant but are they still a team? If Hearn has his way the club probably won't exist for much longer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024