Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us 20:50 - Jan 16 with 10193 viewsrichranger

Is a striker - scored 23 goals in 25 games this year - impressive. I guess he'll have a try-out in the Friendly against that lot down the road on Thursday
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 21:20 - Jan 16 with 7430 viewsbosh67

Just read that. Already 24 but who knows. Could be the next Les Ferdinand.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 21:34 - Jan 16 with 7375 viewsDorse

If we don't buy him and he doesn't become our record scorer then it just proves that Les is evil.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 21:56 - Jan 16 with 7310 viewsBluce_Ree

The next Stefan Moore. LET'S DO IT!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 22:03 - Jan 16 with 7283 viewsStanisgod

F'CK off Rangers !! Not when Hendon are in the play off positions

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 22:04 - Jan 16 with 7277 viewsDixie_CT

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 21:56 - Jan 16 by Bluce_Ree

The next Stefan Moore. LET'S DO IT!

I would have thought more Troy Hewitt?
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 22:24 - Jan 16 with 7199 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Niko, Niko, Niko, Niko Muir.....

I’m in if for no other reason, that we have never really replaced that lyrically challenging master piece of a chant about Messrs Austin and Kranjcar.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 23:04 - Jan 16 with 7086 viewssmegma

What friendly on Thursday??
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 23:30 - Jan 16 with 7020 viewsconnell10

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 23:04 - Jan 16 by smegma

What friendly on Thursday??

Against the scum at their training ground mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 23:34 - Jan 16 with 7014 viewsdavman

Sod it, let's put him on the cover of Saturday's programme, say he's the striker we have been missing and then get him interviewed on the LoftCast before he signs.

I'vehad enough of pessimism, it's happy clappy from me from now forwards. We are going up, say we are going up!

U RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRsssssssssssss!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 00:10 - Jan 17 with 6954 viewsisawqpratwcity

We could have OnlyHereForTheNiko back posting.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 17:15 - Jan 17 with 6153 viewsoldmisery

41 goals in 65 games for Hendon since the beginning of last season but he's 25 in 6 weeks time - a very late developer?
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 17:21 - Jan 17 with 6131 viewsDubaiR

Googled him, good scoring record last 2 seasons but looks more like 50 than 24
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 19:07 - Jan 17 with 5952 viewsEsox_Lucius

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 17:21 - Jan 17 by DubaiR

Googled him, good scoring record last 2 seasons but looks more like 50 than 24

Is he a relation of Roger Milla?

The grass is always greener.

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 19:19 - Jan 17 with 5918 viewsDubaiR

Knowing us he is George Weah's other cousin;)
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 21:36 - Jan 17 with 5736 viewsolderR

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 23:30 - Jan 16 by connell10

Against the scum at their training ground mate!

We play Nico Muir they are playing Ross Barkley.

Remember David and Goliath.
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 22:08 - Jan 17 with 5666 viewssmegma

Ian's Wright made his debut for Palace aged 22.
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 00:18 - Jan 18 with 5545 viewsjohncharles

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 21:36 - Jan 17 by olderR

We play Nico Muir they are playing Ross Barkley.

Remember David and Goliath.

Before my time.

Strong and stable my arse.

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 11:35 - Jan 18 with 5291 viewsNW5Hoop

Hmmm. He plays in the Bostik League. The seventh tier. That is so far below our level it's hard to imagine it working out. I've been working on a piece about non-League, and several people have told me the biggest quality gap in football is between the two tiers of the National League. He's in the tier below the second tier of the National League. The chances of him having the talent to play in the Championship are minimal.
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 11:38 - Jan 18 with 5284 viewsNorthernr

MESSIAH.
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 11:41 - Jan 18 with 5277 viewstoboboly

Having watched the level he is playing at for a little while I think the major issue is the fitness (they are all part time and have regular jobs) and the consistency.

Just look at Billericay atm, same level as Hendon and walking the league cos the players are full time and have come from a higher level and can perform consistently better than their rivals.

Kingstonian loaned a Billericay forward the other day who wasn't playing and he already has about 4 goals in 2/3 matches.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 11:57 - Jan 18 with 5234 viewsCamberleyR

If you're a natural goalscorer, the transition can be made. Austin the classic example who was playing ninth tier football in the Wessex League, before Swindon (in L1 at the time) took a punt after a successful trial period.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 12:27 - Jan 18 with 5181 viewsDorse

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 11:57 - Jan 18 by CamberleyR

If you're a natural goalscorer, the transition can be made. Austin the classic example who was playing ninth tier football in the Wessex League, before Swindon (in L1 at the time) took a punt after a successful trial period.

Whatever happened to him eh?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 14:02 - Jan 18 with 5041 viewsqprphil

A good goal scorer is someone who can create goals for himself, it helps of course if you have good players around you who can also set chances up for you. As they say it's never too late. It has to be worth a punt, the problem may arise if he has a good job, but being as he's going on trial with us, that would seem unlikely.
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 17:56 - Jan 18 with 4900 viewsVancouverHoop

Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 11:57 - Jan 18 by CamberleyR

There's a bit of a wrinkle in that though. Poole Town were playing way below their level in the Wessex league, but weren't allowed promotion for several seasons due to ground grading issues. In Charlie's season with them (2008-09) their record was played 42, won 38, drawn 2, lost 2. Second best out of all 1,600 FA clubs. When they were finally promoted they moved through the divisions fairly quickly and are now in the National South.

Sorry, anorak stuff I know, but it's important to note how difficult and unusual it is for a non-league player, especially one beyond their early 20s, to make the transition to upper level league football. Charlie and Jamie Vardy's success has led to the idea that non-league is stuffed with similar players waiting for an opportunity. But it's not so. I still follow Hitchin Town (my boyhood team) in the Southern Prem. The most talented player by far we've had recently is Kane Smith, at 19 he dominated the right-side, both defensively and going forward. West Brom, Crystal Palace and Coventry all gave him long looks, but none of them bit. He finally went to Boreham Wood in the National League proper. It's full-time football, a massive step up for any player. Maybe he'll make League 1 or 2 in a year or two. I hope so, but there are a fair number like him waiting for the same opportunity.
Niko Muir from Hendon Trialing with us on 08:51 - Jan 19 with 4476 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The thing with fitness is that you can put all the effort in, but there’s only so fit your body can naturally get. He may of course respond positively to the training we can offer and to having the time to devote all his energies t training, but it’s a huge step up.

In terms of goal scoring, you can’t teach it! You can train to ensure you achieve the best results but you’ve either got it or you haven’t. That said, it’s not a given you can go up a notch, but for me a good goal scorer takes his chances instinctively and without delay. Every time I watch CW, his reactions don’t seem to be there and he needs an age to ready himself.

If this Muir needs no invitation to score, then no harm having a look.

Do we know how he fared yesterday?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024