Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our number one - Podcast 13:22 - Jan 17 with 1980 viewsNorthernr

Alex Smithies on the podcast this week

Our number one - Podcast 17th Jan 2018 13:22
QPR’s brilliant goalkeeper Alex Smithies is the guest on this week’s Open All R’s Podcast, reflecting on the weekend win at Burton and improved form over Christmas. 0

Our number one - Podcast on 16:58 - Jan 17 with 1892 viewsOldPedro

Worth a listen - Smithies comes across as a decent, likeable, bloke. I hope he stays at QPR for many seasons to come, but also feel that he deserves a chance to play at a higher level. He is a lot better than many of the keepers in the Premier League.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Our number one - Podcast on 17:42 - Jan 17 with 1861 viewsTacticalR

In the podcast David Fraser (discussing the Rooney Rule for England manager job) said that QPR alone employ 20% of all BAME coaches in the Football League.

I couldn't find the source of that statistic. The nearest I could find was this one from 2016:

'In total, 17 out of 92 professional clubs (18.5%) employ BAME coaches in senior coaching positions: Overall, 25% of all BAME coaches in senior coaching positons are employed at just two EFL clubs (Queens Park Rangers and Brighton Hove Albion).'

Ethnic minorities and coaching in elite level football in England: 2016 update
http://thesptt.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/SB-final-report-screen3-1.pdf

Air hostess clique

Our number one - Podcast on 17:57 - Jan 17 with 1839 viewsJAPRANGERS

Listened to the podcast, very interesting listening. Smithies seems like a very intelligent personage doesn't he?
Our number one - Podcast on 21:42 - Jan 17 with 1700 viewsPunteR

First one for a little while. Good podcast

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Our number one - Podcast on 13:27 - Jan 18 with 1566 viewsBrianMcCarthy

First one in a while for me as well. Enjoyed it. still far too much interrupting going on for my personal liking especially during the interviews which truncate the replies from the player into nothing more than soundbites. That was a shame in this case as Smithies is clearly thoughtful and intelligent and had plenty more to say.

Overall, though, very enjoyable.

Anal sidenote: Mr. Finney said that Smithies was worth his weight in gold, which would be 84kg x £36,936.17/kg = £3,102,638.28. Note to Mr. Ferdinand and Mr. Hoos, please disregard Mr. Finney's statement.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our number one - Podcast on 14:38 - Jan 18 with 1501 viewsFDC

Our number one - Podcast on 17:42 - Jan 17 by TacticalR

In the podcast David Fraser (discussing the Rooney Rule for England manager job) said that QPR alone employ 20% of all BAME coaches in the Football League.

I couldn't find the source of that statistic. The nearest I could find was this one from 2016:

'In total, 17 out of 92 professional clubs (18.5%) employ BAME coaches in senior coaching positions: Overall, 25% of all BAME coaches in senior coaching positons are employed at just two EFL clubs (Queens Park Rangers and Brighton Hove Albion).'

Ethnic minorities and coaching in elite level football in England: 2016 update
http://thesptt.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/SB-final-report-screen3-1.pdf

He tweeted this a few days ago:

Our number one - Podcast on 17:45 - Jan 18 with 1413 viewsNov77

Smithies thinks he’s good at saving penalties.....

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024