Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M 16:30 - Jan 17 with 5965 views2Thomas2Bowles

Somewhere else to fail I guess

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 23:35 - Jan 17 with 2011 viewsbosh67

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 17:09 - Jan 17 by Brightonhoop

He's never shone as brightly as expected but that's a good price for Everton for a proven International and Prem goal scorer.

Agreed and most people forget how bad his injury was when he was really at the top of his game.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 10:00 - Jan 18 with 1933 viewspaulparker

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 19:39 - Jan 17 by PlanetHonneywood

Ericsson’s decision to name him in the squad for the 2006 World Cup didn’t help anyone, least of all TW.

especially when he left Darren Bent and Defoe at home when they had brilliant seasons for their clubs
it came to bite us on the arse as Owen and Rooney both were unfit and injured thus leaving us with just crouch
since then Walcott has only played in one major tournament and missed out on 2 other world cups and possibly this one
a waste of what could have been a decent talent , and further proof that Wenger just doesn't have a clue when it comes to English players and how to play them

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 10:43 - Jan 18 with 1909 viewsqpr1976

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 17:07 - Jan 17 by smegma

Wiki only shows league goals. 65 goals in 12 seasons of Premier League football does not a £25million player make. The 108 includes goals against the likes of the mighty BATE Borisov and Slavia Prague no doubt. He is part of an Arsenal team that has failed to win the Premier League in over a decade. Has hardly kicked a ball this season for a reason.

Blimey, his price went up by £5m in less than half an hour !

He must be worth £40m by now.....?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 10:43]
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 10:57 - Jan 18 with 1894 viewsHendonHoop

Good luck to him. Good player on his day. He was going a bit stale at The Gunners and going nowhere. This may be a decent fresh start for him. I would like to see him do well at Everton and I still reckon he may have a future with England as well. We shall see.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 11:13 - Jan 18 with 1880 viewsonlyrinmoray

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 20:54 - Jan 17 by PunteR

Half Arsed

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 11:46 - Jan 18 with 1858 viewsTheChef

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 18:00 - Jan 17 by Juzzie

Classic example of why transfer prices and player salaries are absolutely insane.

They are not necessarily reflective of the individual's ability but as the player is the 'talent' they are based on what income pours into the game via TV money and the overall demand for PL football globally and therefore what the player (or his agent) can get out of it.

As of November last year, the average PL salary passed £50,000 a week. Average FFS.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 18:03]

Exactly.

Don't think football and money has any basis in reality any more. ManU offering Sanchez over 500K a week?? This from a club with owners who owe money left right and centre and are leveraging one debt against another to keep things going - how is this possibly sustainable?

They're all looking to the golden egg of the next TV deal but seriously how can they keep this going without the bubble bursting sooner or later? I think Sky viewing figures are down, I can't imagine BT's are that great, if football on TV gets more and more saturated then I can't see any improvement any time soon.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 12:20 - Jan 18 with 1828 viewsbob566

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 11:46 - Jan 18 by TheChef

Exactly.

Don't think football and money has any basis in reality any more. ManU offering Sanchez over 500K a week?? This from a club with owners who owe money left right and centre and are leveraging one debt against another to keep things going - how is this possibly sustainable?

They're all looking to the golden egg of the next TV deal but seriously how can they keep this going without the bubble bursting sooner or later? I think Sky viewing figures are down, I can't imagine BT's are that great, if football on TV gets more and more saturated then I can't see any improvement any time soon.

didn't united just announce a rise in revenue of 32% for the year. That will not only put them as the top football club in the world but they may move past the dallas cowboys as the wealthiest team or is it the Yankees.

That's getting sidetracked on the topic and I'd much rather pay 20m for theo Walcott than 10m for a crocked sandro like we did.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 12:44 - Jan 18 with 1807 viewsBluce_Ree

Theo Walcott is fast and a good finisher. If he'd played regularly up front, he'd have a good goalscoring record.

Wenger wasted him out on the wing where he didn't have the trickery to be really effective.

I reckon he'll be a success at Everton and will score plenty as long as his hammies don't snap clean off.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 12:50 - Jan 18 with 1802 viewsqpr1976

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 12:20 - Jan 18 by bob566

didn't united just announce a rise in revenue of 32% for the year. That will not only put them as the top football club in the world but they may move past the dallas cowboys as the wealthiest team or is it the Yankees.

That's getting sidetracked on the topic and I'd much rather pay 20m for theo Walcott than 10m for a crocked sandro like we did.

I agree, even though we didn’t pay that much.

With his injury record it was still a very risky £8m but’s Redknapp for you.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 15:02 - Jan 18 with 1722 viewsTGRRRSSS

Wenger has done Walcott a massive disservice down the years - his Englishness is irrelevent but look how Wenger in the past 12 years or so (so TW's Arsenal career) has mixed and matched with many players and brought in many different players and not really cultivated a team as such in the way he ought to have done, it's incredible how they managed to maintain top 4 for years.

Where Walcott's failed is not leaving earlier but nice wedge nice house in London etc etc, not the most demanding manager for many years I guess.

Not entirely AW's fault but he has to take the Lions share for not developing Walcott and indeed probably many others in the past decade or so.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 15:23 - Jan 18 with 1706 viewskensalriser

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 12:20 - Jan 18 by bob566

Where does this 10m for Sandro come from? Wasn't the actual fee around 6m?

Here we are:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sandro/transfers/spieler/74590/transfer_id/11232 6.75m:

Edit: fee elsewhere is given as undisclosed but other reports from the time of signing give the figure of 10m as the maximum it could rise to. Given that we were shit, he was shit and barely played, the chances of Spurs getting any more than the bare minimum is close to zero.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 15:28]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 15:35 - Jan 18 with 1698 viewsblacky200

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 15:02 - Jan 18 by TGRRRSSS

Wenger has done Walcott a massive disservice down the years - his Englishness is irrelevent but look how Wenger in the past 12 years or so (so TW's Arsenal career) has mixed and matched with many players and brought in many different players and not really cultivated a team as such in the way he ought to have done, it's incredible how they managed to maintain top 4 for years.

Where Walcott's failed is not leaving earlier but nice wedge nice house in London etc etc, not the most demanding manager for many years I guess.

Not entirely AW's fault but he has to take the Lions share for not developing Walcott and indeed probably many others in the past decade or so.

I've been saying for years that TW is a classic example of why players should stay with a smaller club. After signing for Arsenal he spent years not playing regular competitive matches. Only getting picked for meaningless (for Arsenal) cup games. By the time he started getting picked for Arsenal he was in his mid twenties with little experience. If he had stayed with Southampton he would of been a first on the teamsheet player and a much better player.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:20 - Jan 18 with 1672 viewswestberksr

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 15:23 - Jan 18 by kensalriser

Where does this 10m for Sandro come from? Wasn't the actual fee around 6m?

Here we are:
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sandro/transfers/spieler/74590/transfer_id/11232 6.75m:

Edit: fee elsewhere is given as undisclosed but other reports from the time of signing give the figure of 10m as the maximum it could rise to. Given that we were shit, he was shit and barely played, the chances of Spurs getting any more than the bare minimum is close to zero.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 15:28]

not sure the actual amount matters; whatever it was it still had one too many zeros on the end than it should have!

world's gone mad I tell yah
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:40 - Jan 18 with 1659 viewsEsox_Lucius

In another eye watering revelation, this has happened...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42731648

The grass is always greener.

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 18:14 - Jan 18 with 1607 viewsOakR

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 12:44 - Jan 18 by Bluce_Ree

Theo Walcott is fast and a good finisher. If he'd played regularly up front, he'd have a good goalscoring record.

Wenger wasted him out on the wing where he didn't have the trickery to be really effective.

I reckon he'll be a success at Everton and will score plenty as long as his hammies don't snap clean off.

I'd agree with this. I think he will do well there and Big Sam will get the best out of him. It's a good move all round.

Poll: Will we stay up?

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 18:47 - Jan 18 with 1583 viewsMistication92

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 11:46 - Jan 18 by TheChef

Exactly.

Amazon and the other streaming services will be the ones to increase the rights next time, not BT.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 01:05 - Jan 19 with 1505 viewsFredManRave

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:40 - Jan 18 by Esox_Lucius

In another eye watering revelation, this has happened...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42731648

So an improvement on his existing $150large a week salary and he's married to Shakira.

Yes, my eyes are watering.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 23:26 - Jan 20 with 1361 viewsBrightonhoop

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 23:35 - Jan 17 by bosh67

Agreed and most people forget how bad his injury was when he was really at the top of his game.

Aye, over expectation and damning injury=Cruxifiction, one cross each, line on the left....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024