Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M 16:30 - Jan 17 with 5962 views2Thomas2Bowles

Somewhere else to fail I guess

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:39 - Jan 17 with 3924 viewsdaveB

not sure he failed at Arsenal, scored over 100 goals for them and rarely played up front.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:50 - Jan 17 with 3870 views2Thomas2Bowles

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:39 - Jan 17 by daveB

not sure he failed at Arsenal, scored over 100 goals for them and rarely played up front.

Ok a bit harsh
But at 28 he should be at the top of his game but not started a game this season.

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:52 - Jan 17 with 3853 viewssmegma

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:39 - Jan 17 by daveB

I wouldn't call him a success.
12 years at Arsenal with an average of 5.5 goals a season according to wiki (not sure where you get 100 goals from)

Has flattered to deceive . Can't get in the team yet is sold for £25million ?!!!!
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:55 - Jan 17 with 3835 views2Thomas2Bowles

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:52 - Jan 17 by smegma

I wouldn't call him a success.
12 years at Arsenal with an average of 5.5 goals a season according to wiki (not sure where you get 100 goals from)

Has flattered to deceive . Can't get in the team yet is sold for £25million ?!!!!

scored 108 goals in 397 appearances

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:55 - Jan 17 with 3833 viewshopphoops

He's on the Jeffers Curve.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 17:07 - Jan 17 with 3776 viewssmegma

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 16:55 - Jan 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

scored 108 goals in 397 appearances

Wiki only shows league goals. 65 goals in 12 seasons of Premier League football does not a £25million player make. The 108 includes goals against the likes of the mighty BATE Borisov and Slavia Prague no doubt. He is part of an Arsenal team that has failed to win the Premier League in over a decade. Has hardly kicked a ball this season for a reason.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 17:09 - Jan 17 with 3772 views2Thomas2Bowles

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 17:07 - Jan 17 by smegma

Wiki only shows league goals. 65 goals in 12 seasons of Premier League football does not a £25million player make. The 108 includes goals against the likes of the mighty BATE Borisov and Slavia Prague no doubt. He is part of an Arsenal team that has failed to win the Premier League in over a decade. Has hardly kicked a ball this season for a reason.

I agree with you.

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 17:09 - Jan 17 with 3767 viewsBrightonhoop

He's never shone as brightly as expected but that's a good price for Everton for a proven International and Prem goal scorer.
Login to get fewer ads

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 17:25 - Jan 17 with 3704 viewssimmo

Good move for all involved. He needs a fresh start, Everton are getting pace, cover for strikers and goals and Arsenal have £20m and wages off the books for a player they don't even use, especially since they switched to wing backs. Recently Big Sam has been playing Lennon on the wing and he's an upgrade there, and he likes teams to be deep and compact but then get up the pitch quickly and Walcott will let him do that. Although it knocks the likes of Lookman further down the pecking order which is disappointing but I guess he feels he's not ready...

Shame Walcott has never kicked on but expectations were always massive which meant he's been overrated his entire career.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 17:59 - Jan 17 with 3568 viewsToast_R

Just heaped a massive amount of expectation on him when the still reputable Arsen Wenger showed an over willing interest in him. And then he rarely played first team football for two seasons. Just wasn't as good as they thought he might be.

Didn't he play his last ever match for Southampton against us and we done them 1-0 at home. I seem to remember someone swapped his shirt and he was giving the fans a lap of honour in a QPR shirt.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 18:00 - Jan 17 with 3565 viewsJuzzie

Classic example of why transfer prices and player salaries are absolutely insane.

They are not necessarily reflective of the individual's ability but as the player is the 'talent' they are based on what income pours into the game via TV money and the overall demand for PL football globally and therefore what the player (or his agent) can get out of it.

As of November last year, the average PL salary passed £50,000 a week. Average FFS.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 18:03]
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 18:10 - Jan 17 with 3508 viewsessextaxiboy

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 17:59 - Jan 17 by Toast_R

Just heaped a massive amount of expectation on him when the still reputable Arsen Wenger showed an over willing interest in him. And then he rarely played first team football for two seasons. Just wasn't as good as they thought he might be.

Didn't he play his last ever match for Southampton against us and we done them 1-0 at home. I seem to remember someone swapped his shirt and he was giving the fans a lap of honour in a QPR shirt.

Matty Rose did a decent job on him in that game ...
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 18:12 - Jan 17 with 3502 viewsMrSheen

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 18:00 - Jan 17 by Juzzie

Classic example of why transfer prices and player salaries are absolutely insane.

They are not necessarily reflective of the individual's ability but as the player is the 'talent' they are based on what income pours into the game via TV money and the overall demand for PL football globally and therefore what the player (or his agent) can get out of it.

As of November last year, the average PL salary passed £50,000 a week. Average FFS.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 18:03]

Leo Messi now on €106m a year - minimum. Until he's 34. And Barcelona have agreed to pay his tax arrears.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.spiegel.de/international/world/lionel-messi-the
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 18:12 - Jan 17 with 3500 viewsJAPRANGERS

20M for a player who never gets into the Arsenal first team is just mental.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 18:42 - Jan 17 with 3377 viewsShotKneesHoop

He is the thinking man's version of R'SWiPe. He will spent 75% of his time at Everton gathering splinters on the bench or off injured with thrush.

You all know I'm right.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 18:46 - Jan 17 with 3360 viewsCamberleyR

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 17:59 - Jan 17 by Toast_R

He swapped shirts with Marcus Bignot that day.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 18:55 - Jan 17 with 3329 viewskensalriser

If only we had failures like this at QPR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 19:32 - Jan 17 with 3236 viewsPunteR

Wasnt it Sven Goran Eriksson that called him up for England when he was about 17 thus heaping massive expectations on him.? Wasnt Wenger against it, i cant really remember?. I dont think Walcott actually played in the end.
I've no idea if £20 mill is a bargain such is the ludicrous prices about these days.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 19:39 - Jan 17 with 3216 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ericsson’s decision to name him in the squad for the 2006 World Cup didn’t help anyone, least of all TW.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 19:56 - Jan 17 with 3153 viewsMistication92

I'm half Arsenal due to my Mum's influence so I go to a mixture of Arsenal and Rangers games during the season. I can't think of any one of the Rangers squad who's more infuriating to watch than Walcott (even Washington). I greatly enjoyed shouting at Walcott to "fck off to Everton" at Bournemouth on Sunday.

He'll go to Everton and do fck all because he's lightweight and a gentle breeze knocks him off the ball, constantly offside despite the pace. Multimillionaire despite not really doing that much across about 12 years. Eurgh.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 20:54 - Jan 17 with 3037 viewsPunteR

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 19:56 - Jan 17 by Mistication92

I'm half Arsenal due to my Mum's influence so I go to a mixture of Arsenal and Rangers games during the season. I can't think of any one of the Rangers squad who's more infuriating to watch than Walcott (even Washington). I greatly enjoyed shouting at Walcott to "fck off to Everton" at Bournemouth on Sunday.

He'll go to Everton and do fck all because he's lightweight and a gentle breeze knocks him off the ball, constantly offside despite the pace. Multimillionaire despite not really doing that much across about 12 years. Eurgh.

Half Arsed

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 22:18 - Jan 17 with 2895 viewssmegma

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 17:09 - Jan 17 by Brightonhoop

He's never shone as brightly as expected but that's a good price for Everton for a proven International and Prem goal scorer.

Proven international now ??!!!!
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 22:29 - Jan 17 with 2873 viewsBrightonhoop

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 22:18 - Jan 17 by smegma

Proven international now ??!!!!

Well, proven International might be stretching it but 47 appearances and 8 England goals, youngest hat trick for England, suggests he wasn't as anonymous as others....but point taken.
Good price for a Prem player on his stats in the current febrile market as mad as £25 Mil reads on paper.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 22:54 - Jan 17 with 2825 viewssmegma

47 caps in a period of 12 years when England played 138 games, so 1 in 3 games. Hasn't played for England in 15 months covering the last 10 games. He's on the way down from his peak and Everton pay £25 million ?!!! As mentioned, the world of football has gone mad.
I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 23:18 - Jan 17 with 2773 viewsBrightonhoop

I can't be arsed Theo Walcott to Everton for £20 M on 22:54 - Jan 17 by smegma

47 caps in a period of 12 years when England played 138 games, so 1 in 3 games. Hasn't played for England in 15 months covering the last 10 games. He's on the way down from his peak and Everton pay £25 million ?!!! As mentioned, the world of football has gone mad.

Yeah it has. Odd that so many successive England Managers over those 12 years called him up really, must have seen something. The expectation put on him always meant disappointment ultimately too.
When you look back to the Butchers and Co eras and even Euro 96 it is bewildering how it has since fallen off a cliff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024