Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe 13:40 - Jan 18 with 2444 viewsTacticalR

'England's second tier, with an total of more than 11m, ranks higher than Spain's La Liga, Italy's Serie A and France's Ligue 1.'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42704713

Air hostess clique

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 14:03 - Jan 18 with 2391 viewstoboboly

Same every year. Imagine what attendances would be without stupid ko times and cheaper tickets!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 18:22 - Jan 18 with 2240 viewsJuzzie

I'd wager attendances in the 3rd and 4th tiers are very much stronger than equivalent leagues around Europe.

Yet back home, the football authorities don't seem to give a sh*t about anything outside the PL, least the fans.
English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 18:43 - Jan 18 with 2207 viewsMedwayR

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 18:22 - Jan 18 by Juzzie

I'd wager attendances in the 3rd and 4th tiers are very much stronger than equivalent leagues around Europe.

Yet back home, the football authorities don't seem to give a sh*t about anything outside the PL, least the fans.

League One is 9th on the list. I've had people from Spain and Germany comment on how strong the football culture is in the UK, usually when discussing the failure of England, and yet the FA don't seem to care and aren't able to take advantage of it to benefit the national team.

Poll: Who’s better?

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 19:14 - Jan 18 with 2184 viewsJigsore

24 teams makes Championship attendance look quite a lot better than it actually is

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 19:58 - Jan 18 with 2126 viewsqprd

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 19:14 - Jan 18 by Jigsore

24 teams makes Championship attendance look quite a lot better than it actually is

exactly. and don't forget the difference in games each team plays

la liga has 20 teams that play 38 matches

Championship has 24 teams that play 46 matches

There are 552 matches in a championship season, as compared to 380 in la liga.... thats a massive difference

average attendance is much more meaningful metric
English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 20:31 - Jan 18 with 2080 viewsjohncharles

But not in the Sunday (or Monday) papers. Sick to fckuing deat o& it.

Strong and stable my arse.

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 20:32 - Jan 18 with 2078 viewsElHoop

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 18:43 - Jan 18 by MedwayR

League One is 9th on the list. I've had people from Spain and Germany comment on how strong the football culture is in the UK, usually when discussing the failure of England, and yet the FA don't seem to care and aren't able to take advantage of it to benefit the national team.

The football culture isn't in relative terms so strong in the rest of the UK, but it is strong in England. A pedantic point which probably didn't need to be said.
English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 23:10 - Jan 18 with 1946 viewsBrightonhoop

In Spain, the away support is poor because it is such a large land mass and the roads are attrocious, even the good ones. It;s why they fly in country so often. The Islands get 50% discount on flights. And the trains are served by clapped out tributeries to the mainline making it impossible to go very far. Generations on from Italys Il Duché the Spaniards still cannot make the trains run on time. A mindset and hangover of Franco who drained the waterways to Ramblas to prevent the movement of the people. And opposing armies.
Fascinating stuff.
Login to get fewer ads

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 00:18 - Jan 19 with 1907 viewsPlanetHonneywood

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 19:14 - Jan 18 by Jigsore

Good to see the likes of Burton, Barnsley, Millwall and Preston out-crowd the Reals, Barcas, Juves and PSGs of Europe.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 00:49 - Jan 19 with 1889 viewskensalriser

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 19:58 - Jan 18 by qprd

exactly. and don't forget the difference in games each team plays

la liga has 20 teams that play 38 matches

Championship has 24 teams that play 46 matches

There are 552 matches in a championship season, as compared to 380 in la liga.... thats a massive difference

average attendance is much more meaningful metric

2016/2017

La Liga 27,856
Serie A 22,047
Ligue 1 21,029
Championship 20,119

I'd bet that England has many more clubs in the medium sized bracket (20-30k) than all the other major European nations, however.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 0:56]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 01:08 - Jan 19 with 1877 viewsderbyhoop

And having Newcastle there with 23 x 50,000 helped enormously.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 02:36 - Jan 19 with 1849 viewsJigsore

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 00:49 - Jan 19 by kensalriser

2016/2017

La Liga 27,856
Serie A 22,047
Ligue 1 21,029
Championship 20,119

I'd bet that England has many more clubs in the medium sized bracket (20-30k) than all the other major European nations, however.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 0:56]

Championship still has a very impressive average attendance to say the prices and other treatment us fans have to abide by. Just thought it's useless to include total attendances over a year.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 02:45 - Jan 19 with 1846 viewsPlanetHonneywood

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 01:08 - Jan 19 by derbyhoop

As it might do for season 18/19!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 02:54 - Jan 19 with 1843 viewsFredManRave

English Championship boasts third biggest crowds in Europe on 01:08 - Jan 19 by derbyhoop

And I'm sure if you tok the top 2 out of La Liga and teh top 2 out of the Championship then I'm sure that would help the Championship, etc etc.

Maybe Kensal could confirm the figures.....

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024