Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Onouha stat 21:48 - Jan 18 with 3588 viewsHunterhoop

Read this stat on social media and have stolen it from the chap who posted it. Kudos to him.

We have 33 points from 27 games so far this season.
Onouha has played 14 of those games where we got 22 points.
The 13 he was injured we got 11 points.

That's the difference between being on the edge of the play offs and relegation.

Interesting.

Perhaps he doesn't quite get the credit he deserves both for his individual performances, and in terms of how he makes Holloway's back 3 work.
Onouha stat on 21:58 - Jan 18 with 3545 viewsFredManRave

He played in 46 games in 15/16 and 44 in 16/17 and we didn't make the play-offs in either season.

Less interesting?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Onouha stat on 22:00 - Jan 18 with 3537 viewscolinallcars

He's an excellent defender that has an occasional touch of the vapours and makes a calamitous mistake. Fortunately in our league these are not always punished. I hope he signs a new contract with us and believe he will.
Onouha stat on 22:02 - Jan 18 with 3528 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Onouha stat on 22:00 - Jan 18 by colinallcars

He's an excellent defender that has an occasional touch of the vapours and makes a calamitous mistake. Fortunately in our league these are not always punished. I hope he signs a new contract with us and believe he will.

This is true.

Thank god for that touch of vapours as he wouldn't be playing for us otherwise.
Onouha stat on 23:31 - Jan 18 with 3336 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Onouha stat on 21:58 - Jan 18 by FredManRave

He played in 46 games in 15/16 and 44 in 16/17 and we didn't make the play-offs in either season.

Less interesting?!

This season we have the benefit of a squad and management team that have been together a little while and a broadly supportive fanbase. How often have we had that recently? He does seem to have a calming influence on those around him. Decent player and a good loyal professional.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Onouha stat on 00:39 - Jan 19 with 3255 viewsnix

Interesting stuff from him in the club podcast this week too. He really takes his role seriously as captain off the field. He was hinting that he had to advise the younger players to not be like certain other players we’ve had at the club if they want to have a long career, e.g putting the effort in in training. He also made the point that you should never, ever turn up late on match days (wasn’t that Lua Lua who did that once?), even running for forty minute ps to get to the match on time when stuck in unexpected traffic early on in his time at the club.
Onouha stat on 01:11 - Jan 19 with 3228 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Puyol had similar ridiculous stats with Barcelona one season where they lost five games and they were the five games he missed or something similar. I'm not saying they have the same talent levels but certain players add more to the team than the sum of their physical talents - organisation, confidence, anticipation etc. Onouha is clearly one of these players at our club.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Onouha stat on 07:14 - Jan 19 with 3076 viewsjonno

Onouha stat on 01:11 - Jan 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Puyol had similar ridiculous stats with Barcelona one season where they lost five games and they were the five games he missed or something similar. I'm not saying they have the same talent levels but certain players add more to the team than the sum of their physical talents - organisation, confidence, anticipation etc. Onouha is clearly one of these players at our club.

Agreed Brian. An interesting stat which confirms the impression that we have missed him this season whilst he was injured.
Onouha stat on 07:58 - Jan 19 with 3011 viewsloneranger1

Onouha stat on 00:39 - Jan 19 by nix

Interesting stuff from him in the club podcast this week too. He really takes his role seriously as captain off the field. He was hinting that he had to advise the younger players to not be like certain other players we’ve had at the club if they want to have a long career, e.g putting the effort in in training. He also made the point that you should never, ever turn up late on match days (wasn’t that Lua Lua who did that once?), even running for forty minute ps to get to the match on time when stuck in unexpected traffic early on in his time at the club.

Yeah, I enjoyed the Pod cast this week. Of course you can cynically look a the whole thing as propaganda but I think it's really important we keep Ned on board for next season (question over whether he'll have to/will accept taking another pay cut, I know). A generally calming influence on the backline (bar the one ricket every game!) and obviously a great influence off the pitch/in the dressing room. I always find him very honest and intelligent and the younger players in particular must look up to him.

I was thinking - if he doesn't stay in the summer, who is the character who could take on that kind of a role as captain? Maybe Smithies - but then we may be lucky to hold on to him and he's on the way up in his career, you'd think, so that's not exactly a sure thing.

N one comes close to him in terms of balancing longevity at the club with apparent maturity as a captain figure (wouldn't want Perch to take on this role!) - I think he'd be very hard to replace at this moment in time...
Login to get fewer ads

Onouha stat on 08:58 - Jan 19 with 2911 viewsNorthernr

He's a good Championship defender. Had the potential to be more than that in his younger days but that's what he's ended up as. Still can't pass, and teams let him have the ball when we're playing out from the back because he often coughs it up. He's the best defender we've got so it's no surprise we're getting more points with him in the team - as we said all the way through the autumn, any team in the league would struggle if you took all six centre backs off them.
Onouha stat on 09:01 - Jan 19 with 2900 viewssimmo

As ever with players like the Chief and it's criminally under-appreciated at QPR, it's not always about his individual performances on the pitch, it's everything else that comes with it. We are more organised, more confident and as the stats bear out, more successful when Onuoha is playing. Of course that doesnt mean we play him on that basis in spite of his own ability, because again I think he's generally very good and there's some things he does better than anyone we have - certainly he's MORE than good enough for QPR at this moment in time.

The work he does away from the pitch, in training, in the dressing room, with the younger players, on top of the fact he's a v good Championship defender means I really hope we can get him to agree the kind of terms we'll have to offer. He will be a big miss that's hard to replace otherwise.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Onouha stat on 09:17 - Jan 19 with 2871 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

As the youngsters might say. It would be epic if he finished off his career with us properly challenging in the prem. Biblical! Statue outside the stadium. Ned's Head or something similar.

I can dream can't I!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Onouha stat on 10:29 - Jan 19 with 2748 viewsdaveB

The Loftcast this week is well worth a listen, a very good interview with Ned and he talks about what he does as captain with the young players, great insight.
Onouha stat on 11:03 - Jan 19 with 2691 viewsstevec

One of those players that, if we really do want to challenge the top six ever again, we should hold onto.

When you see some of the clowns in Premier League defences it's strange no one has shown an interest.
Onouha stat on 13:35 - Jan 19 with 2578 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Onouha stat on 08:58 - Jan 19 by Northernr

He's a good Championship defender. Had the potential to be more than that in his younger days but that's what he's ended up as. Still can't pass, and teams let him have the ball when we're playing out from the back because he often coughs it up. He's the best defender we've got so it's no surprise we're getting more points with him in the team - as we said all the way through the autumn, any team in the league would struggle if you took all six centre backs off them.

This. He's neither poor nor excellent as others have suggested. Just a good Championship defender.
Onouha stat on 19:40 - Jan 19 with 2358 viewsdistortR

Onouha stat on 22:00 - Jan 18 by colinallcars

He's occasionally turning Japanese?
Onouha stat on 20:12 - Jan 19 with 2340 viewsBoston

Onouha stat on 19:40 - Jan 19 by distortR

He's occasionally turning Japanese?

....I really think so.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Onouha stat on 21:22 - Jan 19 with 2290 viewsGloucs_R

Shittu in his prime or onouha??

Who was a better defender?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Onouha stat on 09:06 - Jan 20 with 2150 viewsterryb

Onouha stat on 21:22 - Jan 19 by Gloucs_R

Shittu in his prime or onouha??

Who was a better defender?

Onouha by a country mile!

Danny was great for us, but he was little better than a lower second/third tier player.

The same applies to most of that play off/ promotion winning side.
Onouha stat on 10:22 - Jan 20 with 2092 viewsWatford_Ranger

Onouha stat on 09:06 - Jan 20 by terryb

Onouha by a country mile!

Danny was great for us, but he was little better than a lower second/third tier player.

The same applies to most of that play off/ promotion winning side.

Harsh on Shittu. At his peak (probably at Watford) he was more like one of those players caught between the first and second tier. We probably remember him more fondly than we should as he was a great bloke. Onuoha probably the better of the two just about for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024