Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brewdog shepherd bush 11:29 - Jan 19 with 6180 viewsBlackCrowe

https://www.brewdog.com/bars/uk/shepherds-bush

Anyone been? any good or hipster hell?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Brewdog shepherd bush on 11:32 - Jan 19 with 4914 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I like it, I've been 3 times now.

It vends some nice beers that I've not seen served elsewhere.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 11:32]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Brewdog shepherd bush on 11:53 - Jan 19 with 4860 viewsShotKneesHoop

Brewdog IPA is brilliant . Came across it first in the pub by Doncaster Station prior to our 1 -0 win the the Championship winning year.

After three pints, we really had to make an effort to leave to go to the game.

Don't remember the game itself. but I do remember another three pints there afterwards before getting the train south.

Lovely citrus hops. Have it!

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Brewdog shepherd bush on 12:53 - Jan 19 with 4765 viewssimmo

Brewdog and all who sail in her can crash into a fúcking wall of dicks.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Brewdog shepherd bush on 13:13 - Jan 19 with 4706 viewsrobith

Brewdog are a horrible company run by horrible people who make average beer and their bars are garbage funded by a ponzi scheme
Brewdog shepherd bush on 14:11 - Jan 19 with 4623 viewstoboboly

Dont wear colours or look remotely interested in football and you will be ok.

Dead pony club is nice.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Brewdog shepherd bush on 14:39 - Jan 19 with 4559 viewstraininvain

Brewdog shepherd bush on 12:53 - Jan 19 by simmo

Totally agree. Horrible company to do business with.
Brewdog shepherd bush on 14:43 - Jan 19 with 4548 viewsDixie_CT

Go there to play the pinball and drink decent beer which is normally not Brewdog ones. My son likes it as well as they have decent board games and one or two arcade machines.

Can get why the bars might be hated by the purists by why is the company so loathed? Is Equity for Punks a diddle??
Brewdog shepherd bush on 14:44 - Jan 19 with 4536 viewsDixie_CT

Mmm yummy. Can't wait for that. Better get my old Royal Navy uniform out.
Login to get fewer ads

Brewdog shepherd bush on 14:45 - Jan 19 with 4532 viewsW7Ranger

Love it in there personally. Loads of different, new and interesting lagers/ales.

Punk IPA and Elvis Juice are particular favourites of mine.
Brewdog shepherd bush on 15:13 - Jan 19 with 4465 viewsGroveR

Not my cup of tea.

Brewdog shepherd bush on 15:16 - Jan 19 with 4452 viewsMytch_QPR

It was completely overrun by Geordies when we played them last season. What a lovely night that was.

My view of the company has changed a bit - I do like their beer and I liked the original story of the start up and the risk they took, however they do seem to have forgotten some of that already and now come across as a bit heavy handed (assuming it is still run by the original founders)...
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/26/brewdog-lone-wolf-birmingham-pu

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brewdog shepherd bush on 15:18 - Jan 19 with 4448 viewsTearsofrage

Severely overrated pretentious re-branding of the worst aspects of keg. Very little to recommend this place. I freely admit I am a real-ale loving dinosaur but have tried many of these so-called "craft" beers and for every reasonable (if hideously over-priced) brew there are several ultra-bitter blond lagery concoctions which have a close resemblance to battery acid.
Brewdog shepherd bush on 15:27 - Jan 19 with 4426 viewsMytch_QPR

Brewdog shepherd bush on 15:18 - Jan 19 by Tearsofrage

Severely overrated pretentious re-branding of the worst aspects of keg. Very little to recommend this place. I freely admit I am a real-ale loving dinosaur but have tried many of these so-called "craft" beers and for every reasonable (if hideously over-priced) brew there are several ultra-bitter blond lagery concoctions which have a close resemblance to battery acid.

Just as an aside (and I can appreciate what you are saying - a lot of it is cool marketing) how many people have a really decent real ale pub near them that's still going strong and isn't a gastropub / carvery / Wetherspoons-type chain?

If you are ever in the Farnborough area, the Prince Of Wales near Farnborough North station is a proper pub with a good range of beers, many from Hampshire-based breweries. No silly music or promotions, friendly bar staff and lovely old farts hovering near the bar.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Brewdog shepherd bush on 16:16 - Jan 19 with 4340 viewsrobith

Brewdog shepherd bush on 15:27 - Jan 19 by Mytch_QPR

Just as an aside (and I can appreciate what you are saying - a lot of it is cool marketing) how many people have a really decent real ale pub near them that's still going strong and isn't a gastropub / carvery / Wetherspoons-type chain?

If you are ever in the Farnborough area, the Prince Of Wales near Farnborough North station is a proper pub with a good range of beers, many from Hampshire-based breweries. No silly music or promotions, friendly bar staff and lovely old farts hovering near the bar.

Ye Olde Rose and Crown in Walthamstow. At the top of my road. A truly joyous experience, a wonderful local
Brewdog shepherd bush on 16:28 - Jan 19 with 4310 viewsWokingR

Simmo, I think Bluce Ree might have hacked your login !
Brewdog shepherd bush on 16:39 - Jan 19 with 4289 viewsMrSheen

Vaguely on topic...

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2018/01/craft-beer-industry/550850/
Brewdog shepherd bush on 17:17 - Jan 19 with 4212 viewsonlyrinmoray

I went to the pub in their brewery in Ellon near Aberdeen for a couple of pints with my son who lives nearby Taste wise I'm not convinced, but its all a matter of taste. I will have to give them another try

I have to admire the 2 guys who started Brewdog up I didn't realise they had so many pubs in the UK and abroad, started from nothing
Brewdog shepherd bush on 18:31 - Jan 19 with 4110 viewsthame_hoops

I like it, went after the Chevy Chase gig in Hammersmith last weekend, I only drink lager and they just do the one ‘kingpin’ Cool atmosphere and not seen any idiots when I’ve been in.
Brewdog shepherd bush on 20:28 - Jan 19 with 4006 viewsNoDiddley

They serve beer in a 1/3 pint class WTF!
Brewdog shepherd bush on 19:24 - Jan 21 with 3686 viewsjohncharles

I’d like them more if the filled up the glasses.

Strong and stable my arse.

Brewdog shepherd bush on 19:39 - Jan 21 with 3671 viewsWestonsuperR

Really like BrewDog, some great tasting beers there so much better than your average lager admit it is expensive though. Elvis Juice is particularly good.
Brewdog shepherd bush on 20:22 - Jan 21 with 3631 viewskomradkirk

Brewdog shepherd bush on 16:16 - Jan 19 by robith

Ye Olde Rose and Crown in Walthamstow. At the top of my road. A truly joyous experience, a wonderful local

Been in there a few times years ago,my eldest went to university in London and had digs just off Forest road,first left after the police station.
Probably staggered past your house on occasion.
Brewdog shepherd bush on 08:53 - Jan 22 with 3461 viewstoboboly

Brewdog shepherd bush on 16:16 - Jan 19 by robith

Robith, as a slight aside, can you recommend the Orford Road Tapas bar?

Looking for a cheap place to take the Mrs and heard good things.

Brewdog shepherd bush on 10:44 - Jan 22 with 3377 viewsrobith

Brewdog shepherd bush on 08:53 - Jan 22 by toboboly

Robith, as a slight aside, can you recommend the Orford Road Tapas bar?

Looking for a cheap place to take the Mrs and heard good things.

It's pretty good yeah, it's not the best tapas I've ever had but I've been to some fancy places. Decent sized portions, decent value and Estrella Galicia on draught. You could do much worse. Also unlike a lot of other places in Walthamstow, it is at least an actual restaurant so you don't have to sit on a bin or something.

Can double it with cocktails in Eat17 first (don't eat there though, huge rip off)
Brewdog shepherd bush on 14:40 - Jan 22 with 3288 viewstoboboly

Brewdog shepherd bush on 10:44 - Jan 22 by robith

It's pretty good yeah, it's not the best tapas I've ever had but I've been to some fancy places. Decent sized portions, decent value and Estrella Galicia on draught. You could do much worse. Also unlike a lot of other places in Walthamstow, it is at least an actual restaurant so you don't have to sit on a bin or something.

Can double it with cocktails in Eat17 first (don't eat there though, huge rip off)

Cheers for the heads up, much appreciated!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024