Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dire 17:37 - Jan 20 with 6975 viewsBlackCrowe

Clueless and inept.

Could've played for another 90 minutes and we wouldn't have scored. Boro were good but they won't get many easier games. Tactics all over the place, to the point i couldn't actually work out what they other than lump it to Smith at every opporunity.

Freeman was quiet today and so no creativity at all. Luongo hesitant. And don't get me started on Washington. Only Robinson put in any kind of performance.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Dire on 20:55 - Jan 20 with 2243 views2Thomas2Bowles

Dire on 19:04 - Jan 20 by QPR_John

I see your point there are better managers out there but we are not capable of finding them

I could go out tonight and find lots of beautiful Women, don't mean I could pull any.

QPR are not attractive and are skint so have the same chance.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 20:58]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Dire on 21:18 - Jan 20 with 2152 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Dire on 18:13 - Jan 20 by kingo

Typical Pullis team who push and pull anyone who gets in the penalty area and unfortunately the clown of a ref let them get away with it. As previously said, you won’t see a more blatant penalty but as has become the norm this season, it was just waved away. I didn’t think we played that badly but Boro were very organised in defence and also had some expensive talent out there too. Plus , they got two fortunate breaks in the first half for their goals but were the better team. I thought we did well second half but couldn’t get a past their defence and when Smith did, he was fouled.

My thoughts exactly.
Dire on 21:21 - Jan 20 with 2143 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Dire on 19:02 - Jan 20 by HantsR

Amazing, I didn't know that. He looked the dogs bs today.

He did.
Dire on 22:03 - Jan 20 with 1987 viewsShotKneesHoop

Dire on 20:12 - Jan 20 by Nov77

so why didn't we outclass anyone when we spent millions on players?

Because Redknobb bought his dodgy mates in instead of proper footballers.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Dire on 22:05 - Jan 20 with 1980 viewsShotKneesHoop

Dire on 20:55 - Jan 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I could go out tonight and find lots of beautiful Women, don't mean I could pull any.

QPR are not attractive and are skint so have the same chance.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 20:58]

I could go out tonight but I haven't got a stitch to wear. - Smiths.

I could go out tonight but I after watching that game I can't arsed - Me

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Dire on 22:17 - Jan 20 with 1940 viewsloftinoz

Dire on 18:33 - Jan 20 by vegasranger

Making two substations at half time didn't look very good.

The substations didn't generate anything then?
Dire on 00:22 - Jan 21 with 1809 viewsoldmisery

Dire on 22:17 - Jan 20 by loftinoz

Fired us up a bit, we were more static in the first half.
Dire on 00:24 - Jan 21 with 1798 viewsBrightonhoop

Dire on 22:17 - Jan 20 by loftinoz

Less than electric.
Login to get fewer ads

Dire on 00:40 - Jan 21 with 1778 viewssmegma

Dire on 18:59 - Jan 20 by Jigsore

Traoré is a terrifying player who can't score and can barely cross to save his life. That's hi first goal in 2 and a half years at Middlesbrough

His first goal in England.

George Friends first goal in over two years !!!
Dire on 02:59 - Jan 21 with 1684 viewsjonno

Dire on 00:40 - Jan 21 by smegma

His first goal in England.

George Friends first goal in over two years !!!

Give any half decent player the time and space we did to shoot from where he was and he is likely to hit the target. As for Traore, we've struggled all season to stop players who run at us with the ball so he was always going to be a problem. But overall, Boro had far more quality than us all over the pitch, unsurprisingly given how much their squad cost compared to ours, and we were well beaten.
Dire on 07:20 - Jan 21 with 1547 viewsAgedR

Poor marking for the first goal allowed Boro to seize the initiative. They’re a decent team with a good manager and players set up to counter our playing system. While Scowen, Luongo and Freeman have been our most convincing performers this season, we lack a credible plan B when the system that most suits them is countered.

We seemed incredibly narrow today. When we switched to 442, Freeman looked uncomfortable on the left. If we need to switch systems I might try Osayi-Samuel and Pav wide, with Scowen and Luongo in the centre and Freeman in a free role supporting one up front (not sure who at the moment).

All that said, we rallied a bit in the second half and had a stone wall penalty. Also (as blasphemous as it feels saying it) I thought Smithies could have got to their second.

Disappointed how bang average we were, but, I suppose it was a pretty accurate gage as to where we currently are.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Dire on 07:36 - Jan 21 with 1528 viewsbosh67

Dire on 07:20 - Jan 21 by AgedR

Poor marking for the first goal allowed Boro to seize the initiative. They’re a decent team with a good manager and players set up to counter our playing system. While Scowen, Luongo and Freeman have been our most convincing performers this season, we lack a credible plan B when the system that most suits them is countered.

We seemed incredibly narrow today. When we switched to 442, Freeman looked uncomfortable on the left. If we need to switch systems I might try Osayi-Samuel and Pav wide, with Scowen and Luongo in the centre and Freeman in a free role supporting one up front (not sure who at the moment).

All that said, we rallied a bit in the second half and had a stone wall penalty. Also (as blasphemous as it feels saying it) I thought Smithies could have got to their second.

Disappointed how bang average we were, but, I suppose it was a pretty accurate gage as to where we currently are.

Yup. On first glance I thought Smithies got beaten too easily but on seeing it again he was partly unsighted by defenders in the way of him rather than closing the shot down and the ball was hit like a rocket.

Agree with all that. For me I can't understand why he didn't bring on Bright left and Pav right. He brought on Eze and went back to 3 in the middle, which made no sense.

We are narrow every week under this system. We just give ourselves a false sense of security by winning a few games to justify it. The reality is that those three are our better players but the system is easy to unpick and good teams run around it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dire on 13:25 - Jan 21 with 1250 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dire on 18:11 - Jan 20 by vanrrrr

0-3 about par?

Boro are basically a bottom 3 prem team who spent more than we have on their goalie. Gotta take our beatings from these teams at the moment and beat the Burton’s of the world. It’s where we are I am afraid

Theoretically I agree but QPR are infamous for capitulating against lesser sides but turning it on against the big guns. And they are not alone, that's what makes the championship so compelling. Sadly, we didn't even plug it in yesterday, let alone turn it on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024