Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dire 17:37 - Jan 20 with 6976 viewsBlackCrowe

Clueless and inept.

Could've played for another 90 minutes and we wouldn't have scored. Boro were good but they won't get many easier games. Tactics all over the place, to the point i couldn't actually work out what they other than lump it to Smith at every opporunity.

Freeman was quiet today and so no creativity at all. Luongo hesitant. And don't get me started on Washington. Only Robinson put in any kind of performance.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Dire on 17:45 - Jan 20 with 4668 viewsstowmarketrange

It wasn’t very good was it?I can’t see the point of keep playing the long ball when you only have midgets up front during the 1st half?
We weren’t much better during the 2nd half either.
Dire on 17:54 - Jan 20 with 4610 views08olesen

Anyone who thinks we are one good striker away from the playoffs needs their head examining.
The tactics today were shocking. Why on earth we were hoofing the ball up to Washington and co. I do not know. We are not going to go up or down, so Ollie should go and bring in someone who can prep for next season. The only issue being that nobody we bring in will be better than Ollie. So we are stuffed really.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Dire on 17:59 - Jan 20 with 4563 viewsBromleyHoop

Dire on 17:54 - Jan 20 by 08olesen

Anyone who thinks we are one good striker away from the playoffs needs their head examining.
The tactics today were shocking. Why on earth we were hoofing the ball up to Washington and co. I do not know. We are not going to go up or down, so Ollie should go and bring in someone who can prep for next season. The only issue being that nobody we bring in will be better than Ollie. So we are stuffed really.

There are no better managers out there than Ian Holloway???

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Dire on 18:01 - Jan 20 with 4534 viewsVancouverHoop

All true. But, compared to any other match I've seen this season, the gulf in talent, on and off the pitch, was staggering. Tactically organised and disciplined with no apparent weaknesses. We looked like what we are, a bang average team with a handful of moderately skilled experienced players, and a few kids with potential.

'Boro have, apparently, not lost a game when they've taken the lead this season. You could see why. We, OTOH, have to scrape the odd goal, and then hang on like grim death to stand any chance of a draw against most sides.
Dire on 18:02 - Jan 20 with 4531 viewsactonman

Tactics where there unfortunately football has moved on since the 1980s so not a lot of good to us. Countless times we had the all but the rest of the team we here reminiscing from the manaquin challenge ! Long ball to smith , throw 5 forwards on ... ffs out footballed by pullis?
Could have been different if the ref gave the most blatant pen I have ever seen but he's a cnt as well!
Dire on 18:11 - Jan 20 with 4424 viewsvanrrrr

0-3 about par?

Boro are basically a bottom 3 prem team who spent more than we have on their goalie. Gotta take our beatings from these teams at the moment and beat the Burton’s of the world. It’s where we are I am afraid
Dire on 18:12 - Jan 20 with 4405 viewsBoston

The original post included the words I’d come away with, clueless and inept....but I’d also thought, scared. Yeah scared, after they scored our players appeared to be scared to make a play or take a shot. Decent side Boro though, whomever that 37 is looked very good.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dire on 18:13 - Jan 20 with 4404 viewskingo

Dire on 18:02 - Jan 20 by actonman

Tactics where there unfortunately football has moved on since the 1980s so not a lot of good to us. Countless times we had the all but the rest of the team we here reminiscing from the manaquin challenge ! Long ball to smith , throw 5 forwards on ... ffs out footballed by pullis?
Could have been different if the ref gave the most blatant pen I have ever seen but he's a cnt as well!

Typical Pullis team who push and pull anyone who gets in the penalty area and unfortunately the clown of a ref let them get away with it. As previously said, you won’t see a more blatant penalty but as has become the norm this season, it was just waved away. I didn’t think we played that badly but Boro were very organised in defence and also had some expensive talent out there too. Plus , they got two fortunate breaks in the first half for their goals but were the better team. I thought we did well second half but couldn’t get a past their defence and when Smith did, he was fouled.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

Dire on 18:16 - Jan 20 with 4381 viewsthompsonridd

Dire on 17:59 - Jan 20 by BromleyHoop

There are no better managers out there than Ian Holloway???

Simon Grayson
Dire on 18:23 - Jan 20 with 4318 viewsloftus77

Vanrrrr's post - this 100%.

As I said in a post this week, I think we are seeing the beginnings of a real split in the second tier (Top 12/Bottom 12) as decisive as the Top 7/the Rest split in the Premier League.

For the first time in many many years, the Championship is losing its unpredictability. Big money clubs (Wolves, Villa, 'Boro) and well run clubs (Ipswich, Preston, Brentford (sadly)) are beating teams at the bottom more and more.

Rangers' challenge, under Ian Holloway, is to try and get to the 'top' of that bottom half while we do the hard yards on-and-off the field. Not easy.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 18:24]
Dire on 18:25 - Jan 20 with 4291 viewsToast_R

Dire on 18:23 - Jan 20 by loftus77

Vanrrrr's post - this 100%.

As I said in a post this week, I think we are seeing the beginnings of a real split in the second tier (Top 12/Bottom 12) as decisive as the Top 7/the Rest split in the Premier League.

For the first time in many many years, the Championship is losing its unpredictability. Big money clubs (Wolves, Villa, 'Boro) and well run clubs (Ipswich, Preston, Brentford (sadly)) are beating teams at the bottom more and more.

Rangers' challenge, under Ian Holloway, is to try and get to the 'top' of that bottom half while we do the hard yards on-and-off the field. Not easy.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 18:24]

Didn't Wolves lose at home to Florist today?
Dire on 18:33 - Jan 20 with 4200 viewsvegasranger

Making two substations at half time didn't look very good.
Dire on 18:35 - Jan 20 with 4184 viewsQPR_John

Dire on 17:54 - Jan 20 by 08olesen

"The only issue being that nobody we bring in will be better than Ollie. "

Really!!!!!
Dire on 18:43 - Jan 20 with 4104 viewsRs_Holy

Dire on 18:35 - Jan 20 by QPR_John

"The only issue being that nobody we bring in will be better than Ollie. "

Really!!!!!

Yes!... this is QPR we are talking about!
Dire on 18:43 - Jan 20 with 4104 viewsloftus77

Dire on 18:25 - Jan 20 by Toast_R

Didn't Wolves lose at home to Florist today?

There are always exceptions!! A general trend I think....
Dire on 18:47 - Jan 20 with 4065 viewsHantsR

Dire on 18:12 - Jan 20 by Boston

The original post included the words I’d come away with, clueless and inept....but I’d also thought, scared. Yeah scared, after they scored our players appeared to be scared to make a play or take a shot. Decent side Boro though, whomever that 37 is looked very good.

That 37 was Adama Traore - he was unstoppable. Built by the same firm that did Stonehenge and speed of a gazelle. In one instance he helped them win back possession near their own goal line and ran at full pelt and outpaced everyone to join their attack.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 18:51]
Dire on 18:59 - Jan 20 with 3963 viewsJigsore

Traoré is a terrifying player who can't score and can barely cross to save his life. That's hi first goal in 2 and a half years at Middlesbrough

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Dire on 19:02 - Jan 20 with 3944 viewsHantsR

Dire on 18:59 - Jan 20 by Jigsore

Traoré is a terrifying player who can't score and can barely cross to save his life. That's hi first goal in 2 and a half years at Middlesbrough

Amazing, I didn't know that. He looked the dogs bs today.
Dire on 19:04 - Jan 20 with 3934 viewsQPR_John

Dire on 18:43 - Jan 20 by Rs_Holy

Yes!... this is QPR we are talking about!

I see your point there are better managers out there but we are not capable of finding them
Dire on 19:27 - Jan 20 with 3779 viewsbosh67

Dire on 18:59 - Jan 20 by Jigsore

Traore was on a different planet today. He destroyed us. Simple as that.

Boro were well organised, tougher, first to the ball, managed the ball better and totally deserved their win.

I have no idea what system we were playing but it had no width at all. Washington and Oteh given nothing to work with. Oteh looked overwhelmed but he may come good given a few more chances, but doesn't look ready just yet. Washington for once given less than scraps.

Second half we bring on Bright and play a left footed player inverted as a right winger (mental) drift Washington left who also has to turn inside and then launch the hoof ball at Smith again who is being marked by two CBs.

Nothing made any sense tactically today. The players weren't at it either. Going against one other poster I thought Freeman was about the only player who put in a fighting shift. Luongo was off it today for once, it will happen. Scowen did okay but wasn't carrying the ball. I have no idea why this middle 3 are cast in stone. All decent players at this level but 'this alleged system' doesn't work.

When Lynch moved up at 2-0 to play centre forward for 7 minutes I had a flash back to Ollie putting Shittu up front. But overall, well beaten and very out of sorts today. Defending for first 2 goals was appalling.

I thought the ref had a good game. Perhaps the 2nd penalty shout looked like a decent one but two were just everyone pushing each other. Other than that one possible shout I thought he handled the game pretty well.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 19:31]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dire on 19:32 - Jan 20 with 3746 viewsconnell10

The best team won we were totally outclassed by better players that’s what comes of spending millions on players! We are middling championship team so anyone who was expecting anything else is delusional!! I’m not happy and I’m not sad as the smiths once sang!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dire on 20:12 - Jan 20 with 3540 viewsNov77

Dire on 19:32 - Jan 20 by connell10

The best team won we were totally outclassed by better players that’s what comes of spending millions on players! We are middling championship team so anyone who was expecting anything else is delusional!! I’m not happy and I’m not sad as the smiths once sang!

so why didn't we outclass anyone when we spent millions on players?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Dire on 20:16 - Jan 20 with 3523 viewsDiscodroids

It very well may be that i tarried awhile too long in the baroque palace of excess in the wilderness years 1989-2006 , moribund in the EC3 chalk strip bermuda triangle of the coca plant, Brasses and dirty booze, thus exposing the pineal gland to irreparable decay but i swear to the sweet lord most high that i just read that the useless lump of tapeworm and sweetcorn threaded turd Lynch played up front in the first half.

surely you jest squire. fackin 'ell!
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 20:17]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Dire on 20:26 - Jan 20 with 3469 viewskingo

Dire on 20:12 - Jan 20 by Nov77

so why didn't we outclass anyone when we spent millions on players?

Because we were in the Prem, where teams had generally spent more. When we kept most of our squad together in the Championship we went up.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Dire on 20:29 - Jan 20 with 3456 viewsHantsR

Dire on 20:16 - Jan 20 by Discodroids

It very well may be that i tarried awhile too long in the baroque palace of excess in the wilderness years 1989-2006 , moribund in the EC3 chalk strip bermuda triangle of the coca plant, Brasses and dirty booze, thus exposing the pineal gland to irreparable decay but i swear to the sweet lord most high that i just read that the useless lump of tapeworm and sweetcorn threaded turd Lynch played up front in the first half.

surely you jest squire. fackin 'ell!
[Post edited 20 Jan 2018 20:17]

He did play up front for a short period late in the first half, but it took us a while to realise what was going on; he wasn't sure either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024