Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie on today's defeat 19:38 - Jan 20 with 5693 viewsbosh67

Not much I can disagree with ti be honest. Pretty hands up reflection.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/gaffer-reflects-on-heavy-boro-defeat/

My points are if you see the lads hoofing it up to Smith then somehow tell them to stop it, actually play wingers on their proper sides and drop the inverted b*llocks and get them to the byline and don't religiously stick this 3-5-2 system, especially when you are playing against proper wingers. Match that up and try and push them back.

First game in a while where we just failed to close space and push up on the opposition.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ollie on today's defeat on 22:32 - Jan 20 with 4493 viewsLongsufferingR

Can't see myself dwelling on this one too much tbh. Simply came up against a much better side.

1) Their numbers 3, 4, 5 and 6 were outstanding in defence and up front
2) Number 37 also outstanding
3) We were far far too slow when we got the ball going forwards. By the time any of our midfielders finally decided where they were going or where to pass, Boro had 10 men back and we we had no clue how to break through
Ollie on today's defeat on 22:36 - Jan 20 with 4479 viewsbosh67

Ollie on today's defeat on 22:32 - Jan 20 by LongsufferingR

Can't see myself dwelling on this one too much tbh. Simply came up against a much better side.

3) We were far far too slow when we got the ball going forwards. By the time any of our midfielders finally decided where they were going or where to pass, Boro had 10 men back and we we had no clue how to break through

Spot on.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ollie on today's defeat on 22:50 - Jan 20 with 4439 viewsQPR_John

Ollie on today's defeat on 22:32 - Jan 20 by LongsufferingR

No. 3 Hardly fair you can only pass when there is a somebody to pass to
Ollie on today's defeat on 23:01 - Jan 20 with 4392 viewsLongsufferingR

Ollie on today's defeat on 22:50 - Jan 20 by QPR_John

No. 3 Hardly fair you can only pass when there is a somebody to pass to

Not strictly true. I can remember at least six occasions where Oteh, Washington and Bidwell passed the ball straight into touch.
Ollie on today's defeat on 11:08 - Jan 21 with 3986 viewsbaz_qpr

The truth of the matter is our front two were so bad we were effectively playing with 9 men, to the point where Freeman went over to the bench and seem to tell Holloway to change it and Oteh was pulled out onto the wing.
Feel sorry for the kid for as good as Smyths home debut was that was the polar opposite and for your centre half to be pushed upfront in the 35th minute its really saying something. Though to be fair Washington was absolutely rank as well and could easily of been hooked.

I think whats particularly worrying is that we do have better options available that should be in the side in Pavel and that game was crying out for Sylla
Ollie on today's defeat on 11:37 - Jan 21 with 3910 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ollie on today's defeat on 11:08 - Jan 21 by baz_qpr

The truth of the matter is our front two were so bad we were effectively playing with 9 men, to the point where Freeman went over to the bench and seem to tell Holloway to change it and Oteh was pulled out onto the wing.
Feel sorry for the kid for as good as Smyths home debut was that was the polar opposite and for your centre half to be pushed upfront in the 35th minute its really saying something. Though to be fair Washington was absolutely rank as well and could easily of been hooked.

I think whats particularly worrying is that we do have better options available that should be in the side in Pavel and that game was crying out for Sylla

Washington showed last week he is L1 at best and we need to forget him but there is no evidence that Sylla is any better, it's just wishful thinking he would have changed anything yesterday.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ollie on today's defeat on 13:12 - Jan 21 with 3798 viewsdaveB

to be fair Holloway changed from 3-5-2 after 35 minutes to a 4-3-3. I thought we did Ok yesterday, started the game well but the goal changed the game, they were excellent for the 10 minutes after the goal and won the game in that period.

Second half I thought we were better and should have had at least one penalty and missed tqo very good chances, if we get back to 2-1 it would have been a very different game but we were always going to be vulnerable to a counter attack and the fella took the third goal well.

not the end of the world, 3-0 was a little harsh on how the team played but team shouldn't lose heart after that, Boro under Pullis will go very close to promotion
Ollie on today's defeat on 13:33 - Jan 21 with 3770 viewsterryb

Ollie on today's defeat on 11:37 - Jan 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Washington showed last week he is L1 at best and we need to forget him but there is no evidence that Sylla is any better, it's just wishful thinking he would have changed anything yesterday.

Sayeth the man who last week insisted he doesn't have a go at Washington!

It wouldn't have mattered who was upfront for us yesterday. If the service is non-existent, then so will the end product be.
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie on today's defeat on 14:18 - Jan 21 with 3707 viewsNorthernr

He was watching a different game to me if he thought we were causing them problems in the first 15 minutes yesterday - their first goal felt absolutely inevitable to me.
Ollie on today's defeat on 14:24 - Jan 21 with 3682 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ollie on today's defeat on 13:33 - Jan 21 by terryb

Sayeth the man who last week insisted he doesn't have a go at Washington!

It wouldn't have mattered who was upfront for us yesterday. If the service is non-existent, then so will the end product be.

Oh I've made no secret of my view on Washington, I made a comment on the times he was offside last week, you took it as a dig when it was a fact.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Ollie on today's defeat on 14:41 - Jan 21 with 3648 viewsdaveB

Ollie on today's defeat on 14:18 - Jan 21 by Northernr

He was watching a different game to me if he thought we were causing them problems in the first 15 minutes yesterday - their first goal felt absolutely inevitable to me.

I felt the same, we started the game quite well. The first goal didn't come out of the blue but we had looked pretty comfortable until then
Ollie on today's defeat on 15:17 - Jan 21 with 3605 viewsBostonR

I am not sure what game he was watching - we were inept, which was primarily down to the way he set the team up.
Trying to play Bidwell and Furlong as marauding wing-backs was laughable, especially when two "out and out" wingers are sitting on the bench.
His constant tinkering of the team is a joke. He is basically a "hoofball" merchant, so why does he not have the conviction to stick Smith up front, and go at it with two wingers and stick to that formation for the rest of the season?
I thought the pundits on BBC Radio London were spot-on yesterday evening when they said under IH we lack an identity in the way we play and he is guilty of silly team selections. Just about sums it up for me.
Ollie on today's defeat on 15:26 - Jan 21 with 3590 viewsdaveB

Ollie on today's defeat on 15:17 - Jan 21 by BostonR

I am not sure what game he was watching - we were inept, which was primarily down to the way he set the team up.
Trying to play Bidwell and Furlong as marauding wing-backs was laughable, especially when two "out and out" wingers are sitting on the bench.
His constant tinkering of the team is a joke. He is basically a "hoofball" merchant, so why does he not have the conviction to stick Smith up front, and go at it with two wingers and stick to that formation for the rest of the season?
I thought the pundits on BBC Radio London were spot-on yesterday evening when they said under IH we lack an identity in the way we play and he is guilty of silly team selections. Just about sums it up for me.

The team was unchanged from last week and so what is this tinkering you are on about? The bulk of the side has been the same all season when they are fit.

Not sure what was silly about yesterdays team selection, tried to play with pace and movement up front but the front two had poor games and the usual 7/10 players in midfield were all below their best, thats not down to team selection it's just a below par performance and even when we were not at our best we created more than enough chances to get back into the game second half.
Ollie on today's defeat on 16:22 - Jan 21 with 3510 viewskingo

Ollie on today's defeat on 13:12 - Jan 21 by daveB

to be fair Holloway changed from 3-5-2 after 35 minutes to a 4-3-3. I thought we did Ok yesterday, started the game well but the goal changed the game, they were excellent for the 10 minutes after the goal and won the game in that period.

Second half I thought we were better and should have had at least one penalty and missed tqo very good chances, if we get back to 2-1 it would have been a very different game but we were always going to be vulnerable to a counter attack and the fella took the third goal well.

not the end of the world, 3-0 was a little harsh on how the team played but team shouldn't lose heart after that, Boro under Pullis will go very close to promotion

Agree 100%. Sometimes you just have to say the opposition were good and well organised plus we didn’t get the decisions in the penalty area. Boro will be there or there abouts come the end of the season
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 16:26]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Ollie on today's defeat on 16:50 - Jan 21 with 3463 viewsbaz_qpr

I don't think the problem was the formation though, it was the failure of the front two to contribute anything at all in the build up play coupled with two defensive wingback which meant we had to throw Lynch upfront just to attempt to occupy them a bit as the midfield 3 literally had no out ball whatsoever.
Ollie on today's defeat on 16:58 - Jan 21 with 3444 viewsBostonR

Ollie on today's defeat on 15:26 - Jan 21 by daveB

The team was unchanged from last week and so what is this tinkering you are on about? The bulk of the side has been the same all season when they are fit.

Not sure what was silly about yesterdays team selection, tried to play with pace and movement up front but the front two had poor games and the usual 7/10 players in midfield were all below their best, thats not down to team selection it's just a below par performance and even when we were not at our best we created more than enough chances to get back into the game second half.

Last week we played Burton (more a less a League 1 side) this week we played Boro with Pullis at helm. Stinks of arrogance and stupidity if he decided not to change it given the oppo.
Ollie on today's defeat on 16:59 - Jan 21 with 3443 viewsbaz_qpr

Ollie on today's defeat on 15:17 - Jan 21 by BostonR

That was an interesting conversation.

Sam Parkin QPR fan and match summariser
Bradley Allen - Ex QPR
Paul Parker - Ex QPR
Phil Parry - BBC London commentator and QPR fan

10 minutes talking QPR Scathing I think is how I'd best describe it, Paul Parker saying he had to be very careful about what he said for fear of upsetting people, the view seemed to be poor squad not being used to get the best out of it, too much tinkering, no pattern of play going forward, mystifying tactics, direct long ball, no wingers when playing Smith..
Ollie on today's defeat on 17:12 - Jan 21 with 3418 viewsNorthernr

Ollie on today's defeat on 16:58 - Jan 21 by BostonR

Last week we played Burton (more a less a League 1 side) this week we played Boro with Pullis at helm. Stinks of arrogance and stupidity if he decided not to change it given the oppo.

I don’t see many brilliant options on Ur bench that would have made a huge difference to that yesterday. If he’d changed it we’d have lost anyway and he’d be getting pelters for messing with a winning team.
Ollie on today's defeat on 17:29 - Jan 21 with 3378 viewsLongsufferingR

Ollie on today's defeat on 14:18 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Even Pulis said we were causing them problems in the first fifteen minutes, and I thought we were (without ever really threatening to score). Agree that it was only a matter of time before they took charge though.
Ollie on today's defeat on 21:49 - Jan 21 with 3171 viewsQPR_John

Ollie on today's defeat on 16:50 - Jan 21 by baz_qpr

I don't think the problem was the formation though, it was the failure of the front two to contribute anything at all in the build up play coupled with two defensive wingback which meant we had to throw Lynch upfront just to attempt to occupy them a bit as the midfield 3 literally had no out ball whatsoever.

What is a defensive wingback anymore than a run of the mill fullback
Ollie on today's defeat on 22:43 - Jan 21 with 3106 viewsNorthernr

Ollie on today's defeat on 17:29 - Jan 21 by LongsufferingR

Even Pulis said we were causing them problems in the first fifteen minutes, and I thought we were (without ever really threatening to score). Agree that it was only a matter of time before they took charge though.

I’m starting to think I came in at 3.15. What problems? Who? Where? I’m genuinely intrigued, we looked fcking miles away to me. Compare that Washington goal v Wolves where Luongo was sliding into a guy coming out of his own area to our non existent press yesterday.
Ollie on today's defeat on 22:45 - Jan 21 with 3099 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ollie on today's defeat on 17:29 - Jan 21 by LongsufferingR

I haven't seen or read Pulis say anything of the sort, only Ollie. Link please.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 23:10]
Ollie on today's defeat on 13:14 - Jan 22 with 2924 viewsLongsufferingR

Ollie on today's defeat on 22:45 - Jan 21 by Benny_the_Ball

I haven't seen or read Pulis say anything of the sort, only Ollie. Link please.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 23:10]

He said it in the interview after the highlights on Channel 5. I'm sure you can get it on catch-up/My5 or whatever they call it.
Ollie on today's defeat on 13:26 - Jan 22 with 2904 viewsWrightUp5hit___

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/football/queens-park-rangers/queens-park-ran
Ollie on today's defeat on 22:57 - Jan 22 with 2762 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Ollie on today's defeat on 13:26 - Jan 22 by WrightUp5hit___

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/football/queens-park-rangers/queens-park-ran

Thanks for that. I must have been watching a different match. The 1st goal certainly galvanised 'Boro but I don't recall us really causing them problems prior.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024