Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 10:52 - Jan 28 with 10497 viewstraininvain

Just catching up on yesterday's football watching the Liverpool va WBA game. What a shambles!
VAR on 17:24 - Apr 18 with 825 viewsJuzzie

VAR on 17:15 - Apr 18 by QPR_John

"If it were to get binned, for whatever reason, I guess everyone who has been against it will all keep quiet every time an official get's it wrong?"

But that is not the point. Is it possible in a fast moving game like football to get every decision correct. To even approach that level every decision would have to be checked by VAR and games would go on for hours. As I said earlier the only way I can see VAR working is to only use it after the game has been stopped and give the manager/captain a set number of successful appeals. But of course that will never happened as the authorities cannot allow a system whereby a referees decision is shown to be wrong by the players.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2018 17:18]

"Is it possible in a fast moving game like football to get every decision correct. " - But it hasn't been possible otherwise they wouldn't have needed technology to overcome the endless hours on TV, Radio, forums etc discussing bad decisions.
Lampard's 'goal' for England v Germany was so blatantly over the line yet it was missed by at least two of the officials who should have seen it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love every decision to be correct, the Ashley Young/Shaun Derry incident still rankles with me/us, but they haven't been since probably the first ref's whistle blew in the late 1800's.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024