Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back And Such 18:56 - Feb 3 with 4956 viewsBklynRanger

Negatives: Multiple - a painful first half. I have a bit of a soft spot for Barnsley, but any team with a quarter of a clue would have been two up at half time. Without getting too technical, because I can't, we just didn't know what we were doing and didn't bother to create enough movement to find out. Lynch's chesting down of the ball and dangerous cross was bizarre but fitting - the wrong player doing the right thing.

Positives: The half time talk actually seemed to have an effect today. Thought we played quite well for the 20/25 mins after half time. In the end one moment of quality won it. Vintage Man Utd. The Red Devils in all their glory. A win's a win, I'll cling to that.

Just Back And Such on 19:16 - Feb 3 with 4798 viewsTacticalR

First half my mate said to me after 20 minutes it feels like this game's been going on for 70 minutes.

The one difference between Barnsley and some of the sides that have beaten us recently is that they don't have much up front, so didn't punish us for our mistakes.

A moment of brilliance from Scowen. I've said recently that as our forwards can't score, goals have to come from elsewhere. I just didn't see one coming from Scowen.

The game turned into rip-roaring fun after Manning got sent off and Barnsley went on the attack and left themselves open to our counter-attacks.

Apart from the goal there was very little quality on offer. The only time either side looked good was on the occasions when players tried to get the ball down and play football, but that was the exception rather than the rule.

Air hostess clique

Just Back And Such on 19:16 - Feb 3 with 4793 viewsbosh67

We got away with it today because Barnsley for some reason didn't carry on their early momentum and we were embarrassingly lop sided until Samuel came on.

Down to 10 men we had numerous opportunities to get the 2nd and wasted them all.

Really felt for Manning. Rusty tackle but left short by the passage of play that went before. Hope Ollie doesn't take it out on him and he gets more game time.

Great goal against his old club from Josh. Terrible game. Terrible quality but as you say, a win is a win and Barnsley's curse here goes on into year 69.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just Back And Such on 19:27 - Feb 3 with 4729 viewsTacticalR

One other thing...I honestly believe that Smith could get stabbed or shot in the penalty area and wouldn't get anything. At one point we heard him say to the linesman in Ellerslie 'this is GBH'.

Air hostess clique

Just Back And Such on 20:34 - Feb 3 with 4485 viewsLowerloftLad

Smithes great save 1st half
Scowen great goal 2nd half
Lynch wonder block 2nd half
Manning sending off 2nd half
Are the main talking points

QPR first half awful
Barnsley first half awful

Qpr second half poor but improved ever so slightly
Barnsley even worse after the break would need directions to the barn door in major danger of going down
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 20:37]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Just Back And Such on 21:19 - Feb 3 with 4338 viewsBklynRanger

Just Back And Such on 19:27 - Feb 3 by TacticalR

One other thing...I honestly believe that Smith could get stabbed or shot in the penalty area and wouldn't get anything. At one point we heard him say to the linesman in Ellerslie 'this is GBH'.

I heard that too Tac! We must be neighbours of some description.

I also heard Robbo ask if we could try keeping the ball for2 secs
Just Back And Such on 21:37 - Feb 3 with 4257 viewsLongsufferingR

It's amazing isn't it! Every game he's getting held, arms around his neck, shirt lifted off his back, and he gets absolutely nothing given within 30 yards of the goal.

Was a far more convincing side that came out in the second half, and if it wasn't for the red card, would have been far more comfortable.
Just Back And Such on 21:48 - Feb 3 with 4206 viewsTacticalR

Just Back And Such on 21:19 - Feb 3 by BklynRanger

I heard that too Tac! We must be neighbours of some description.

I also heard Robbo ask if we could try keeping the ball for2 secs

I was over in T block. Normally a bit more central.

Another funny thing was when Perch wasted time by pretending he couldn't see the guy in the crowd who was trying to give him the ball for a throw-in. The ref noticed that one.

Air hostess clique

Just Back And Such on 21:50 - Feb 3 with 4194 viewsBrightonhoop

It shows in the highlights, Smiths head drops. Needs to learn how to drop a shoulder, fight dirty or both. Remember Andy Gray managing the Scottish side complaining his side were getting kicked off the field by the Turks or someone and the Scot I was watching with screaming at the telly 'Well kick them back, you're Scottish!' haha

Lynch's wonder block kept us in it. Geezer was on his knees thumping the pitch saying 'What do I have to do?' With Lynch smiling.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back And Such on 22:19 - Feb 3 with 4090 viewsterryb

Just remember that we scored when the penalty wasn't given.

I'm happy to take that rather than having to pray that we score from the spot!
Just Back And Such on 22:31 - Feb 3 with 4017 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just Back And Such on 19:16 - Feb 3 by bosh67

We got away with it today because Barnsley for some reason didn't carry on their early momentum and we were embarrassingly lop sided until Samuel came on.

Down to 10 men we had numerous opportunities to get the 2nd and wasted them all.

Really felt for Manning. Rusty tackle but left short by the passage of play that went before. Hope Ollie doesn't take it out on him and he gets more game time.

Great goal against his old club from Josh. Terrible game. Terrible quality but as you say, a win is a win and Barnsley's curse here goes on into year 69.

We didnt ‘get away’ with anything. While it was a poor game with two underperformed ng sides, we were the better side, had better chances, had the quality (one bit of it) to score a good goal. Yes, a better side would have beaten us today but... they weren’t a better side.

Bare bones.

Just Back And Such on 22:37 - Feb 3 with 3970 viewsBrightonhoop

Was half tuned into the sketchy comms and sounded like Barnsely ran out of steam early doors.We did well to hold them off with ten men. Lost to Brizzle with ten men last week.
Confidence must be somewhere under the turf at LR.

This, on here, doesn't feel like a win at all, despite it possibly being the 3 points that keeps us out of League 1 next season.

Just saying but, clearly when Ollie goes in the summer, and we had to appoint a manager for 3 seasons minimum by contract, who? I think it would do us good. And we'd have to get it right. For a change.
Just Back And Such on 23:20 - Feb 3 with 3837 viewsTacticalR

@Brightonhoop 'This, on here, doesn't feel like a win at all, despite it possibly being the 3 points that keeps us out of League 1 next season.'

It is what it is and we move on.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 23:21]

Air hostess clique

Just Back And Such on 23:47 - Feb 3 with 3741 viewsBklynRanger

Just Back And Such on 21:48 - Feb 3 by TacticalR

I was over in T block. Normally a bit more central.

Another funny thing was when Perch wasted time by pretending he couldn't see the guy in the crowd who was trying to give him the ball for a throw-in. The ref noticed that one.

Same block yeah.

I thought Perch looked really comfortable and happy in that second half - clearly pleased to be playing again.
Just Back And Such on 10:19 - Feb 4 with 3066 viewsozranger

Just Back And Such on 23:47 - Feb 3 by BklynRanger

Same block yeah.

I thought Perch looked really comfortable and happy in that second half - clearly pleased to be playing again.

Fully agree on Perch. I thought he just played as if he hadn't missed anything. He was also one of the rare defenders who was shouting at the players in front of him. If it wasn't for Lynch playing so well, I would have given him MoM.

On the game, it appeared that they were not going to score and the scare that was defused with Lynch's block was a rare moment. To me, from the games at HQ, this has to be the worst team I have seen all season. Were they worse than Burton, I do not know as I wasn't at the game. But, it cannot be too far away. That, of course bodes well for us as it means that there are a number of teams this season who really are that bad.
Just Back And Such on 12:29 - Feb 4 with 2859 viewsoldmisery

Just Back And Such on 10:19 - Feb 4 by ozranger

Fully agree on Perch. I thought he just played as if he hadn't missed anything. He was also one of the rare defenders who was shouting at the players in front of him. If it wasn't for Lynch playing so well, I would have given him MoM.

On the game, it appeared that they were not going to score and the scare that was defused with Lynch's block was a rare moment. To me, from the games at HQ, this has to be the worst team I have seen all season. Were they worse than Burton, I do not know as I wasn't at the game. But, it cannot be too far away. That, of course bodes well for us as it means that there are a number of teams this season who really are that bad.

I thought Perch played reasonably well, considering his lengthy absence but to me there were only two players on the pitch who looked good Championship quality; one being Barnsley's Moncur (is he related to John?) and the other, rather unbelievably, was Lynch!
I don't rate him at all but this was his best game for the club by a country mile.

Overall, I thought we were very poor but Barnsley were even worse. The worse at Loftus Road this season? All rather subjective but I believe Reading, Hull, Ipswich and Burton were equally poor and interestingly of those, only Ipswich sit above us in the league at present.
Just Back And Such on 12:37 - Feb 4 with 2826 viewsTHEBUSH

Same thing happens when our old mate Crouchy plays, he gets some ridiculous decisions against him.

It must be that refs think tall players commit more fouls than the midgets
Just Back And Such on 12:51 - Feb 4 with 2766 viewsBushRanger82

A much needed, and very welcome win.
Much of our play remains distinctly poor. Good job we weren't playing somebody better than Barnsley.
Just Back And Such on 13:35 - Feb 4 with 2674 viewsLongsufferingR

Just Back And Such on 12:51 - Feb 4 by BushRanger82

A much needed, and very welcome win.
Much of our play remains distinctly poor. Good job we weren't playing somebody better than Barnsley.

Yes, like Wolves, Cardiff or Sheffield United..........oh, wait.......
Just Back And Such on 17:12 - Feb 5 with 2264 viewsBushRanger82

Just Back And Such on 13:35 - Feb 4 by LongsufferingR

Yes, like Wolves, Cardiff or Sheffield United..........oh, wait.......

Huh?
We played unexpectedly well in those games. (Scratches head)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024