Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? 22:29 - Feb 14 with 32244 viewsRangersDave

Hi guys,
Many of you won’t know my dad, he’s currently on his second internment in Kings Lynn hospital, this year, but this time it’s very serious.
He has fluid on the heart and it’s not draining, so it’s possibly surgery and we’ve been told to expect the worst.

My dads 82 now, lifelong rangers fan, as was his father, and he passed the baton to myself and my son.

Saw all the greats at rangers, went to white city, Wembley 4 times inc the playoff final.

Is registered disabled and hasn’t been to HQ for 18 or so years do to health and costs / transport.

He’s slightly Parkinson’s as well so every thing he says to me is about rangers for about 10 minutes then he’s on again about the same thing for 10 mins etc etc.

Loves the hoops, but I’m afraid (and in tears as I write this) the next couple of days will be his last hurrah. He’s got the last few ‘kick up the rrrrsssss’ by his bedside, and I’m out to see him in hospital tomorrow if he sees the night through.

Not sure what I’ll do without my dad, but for now, i’ll get by. Could I ask that if you can spare a minute, give a thought for him, in hospital. He’s not a religious chap, except when he remembers Stan on the Ball, or Dave Thomas on the wing, and how we cheered when we humbled Cologne in the Eufa cup, and neither am I, but I so want the miracle of another few years with him and will be praying tonight.

Thank you.
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 17:40 - Feb 15 with 3416 viewscolinallcars

May I add my best wishes to all the encouraging and supportive posts. Be strong mate.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 18:09 - Feb 15 with 3393 viewsted_hendrix

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 13:57 - Feb 15 by RangersDave

Hello everyone, thank you for your thoughts and prayers s.

I’m at dads bedside now and my got it’s hard. Wish I was one he drugs my poor old dads on right now, I can tell you.

He’s in and out of conciousness but came round momentarily
Received recognised me through his stupor, squifily smiled
and mumbled “rangers are going down” then before he dropped
off to sleep I Held his hand and told him I loved him.

Christ I didnt think it would be this hard!

Dads still fighting but the doctor thinks 72 hours

Thanks everyone, my blue and white hooped family, bless you all

Stay with it Dave, I echo what everyone else has said on this thread.
Me Brother and me missed our old man by a couple of hours, he'd gone by the time we got to the hospital in Cornwall.
Like I say stay with it, let him see your strong if possible.
Best of wishes to you mate.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 19:01 - Feb 15 with 3356 viewsSimonJames

This is a very tough time. I hope your dad, you and your loved ones all find strength.

100% of people who drink water will die.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 21:03 - Feb 15 with 3308 viewsdanehoop

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 19:01 - Feb 15 by SimonJames

This is a very tough time. I hope your dad, you and your loved ones all find strength.

Lost my father 18 years ago. He passed away whilst we were on the way to the hospital and missed him by minutes and that still hurts. Thoughts are with you Dave.

Never knowingly understood

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:09 - Feb 15 with 3260 viewskomradkirk

best wishes to you and your dad
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:25 - Feb 15 with 3241 viewsYorkRanger

All the best Dave, tough times, stay strong
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 23:18 - Feb 15 with 3215 viewsdistortR

my thoughts are with you and your family.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:02 - Feb 16 with 3108 viewsBklynRanger

All the best to you and your dad, Dave. He knows you're there for him which is the main thing.
Login to get fewer ads

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:17 - Feb 16 with 3098 viewsRangersDave

Had a good visit with him last night with mum, he ate ice cream, and some rice pudding, and a little bit of cottage pie.

If he goes, one of my biggest regrets will be him not going to HQ in the last 15 + years.

We used to have a season ticket in the back of SAR right on the half way line, and I stood behind him and my grandad for 14 years in the gap between the curve in the seat backs, all for free, as the stewards knew me by then. We experienced every home game for the 14 years, together, Stan, Mancini, Venables, Givens, Mason, Parks, Thomas, Rodney, Leach, McClintock etc.

Shame it looks like he’ll never get back to his beloved Loftus Road now.

Anyway, thank again chaps, your comments and thoughts are helping, and leave me in tears of joy and sadness, if you know what I mean.
Dads survived the night, so there is still hope, and he’s a fighter, but who knows what today will bring.
I thought I was cried out yesterday as I don’t on last nights visit, but as I type this I am being a big girl. Lol

Cheers everyone, I can’t tell you what you all mean to me right now.
Urrrrrrsssssss
Dave

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:21 - Feb 16 with 3093 viewsAshdown_Ranger

All the best for your dad Dave.

The NHS can work absolute wonders. Couple that with loads of us referring him to the Big Man upstairs in our prayers, he'll have a fighting chance of getting those few extra years together with you.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 13:54 - Feb 16 with 2991 viewsswitchingcode

Best wishes to you and your dear Dad at this very tough time
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 14:43 - Feb 16 with 2950 viewsPinnerPaul

Thinking of you Dave
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 16:56 - Feb 16 with 2875 viewsRangersDave

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your continuing prayers.
Dads got full renal and partial heart failure.

I’m sitting here talking to him, and showing him pictures on my I pad.
However, I don’t have an up to date pic of HQ, and I’d love to show him.
Could any kind soul take a picture or 2 at the match tomorrow and send me them so I can show dad please? My e-mail is nthusiast@hotmail.com, and I can import them from an e-mail directly to my photos to show him.

Can I get one of the outside, and one of the inside, preferable of SAR stand as that’s ‘our’ stand? Even better with fans and players, if I’m not being too cheeky.

If he lasts till Monday they are going to try and drain the fluid from his heart, but a) it’s very risky, and b) won’t bring the lucid, happy, help anyone and give anyone his last fiver, dad to us all.
That is lost forever.
But at least with your help he’ll see his beloved Loftus Road again before he dies.
Cheers and god bless you all
Dave

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 17:49 - Feb 16 with 2836 viewslondonscottish

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:17 - Feb 16 by RangersDave

Had a good visit with him last night with mum, he ate ice cream, and some rice pudding, and a little bit of cottage pie.

If he goes, one of my biggest regrets will be him not going to HQ in the last 15 + years.

We used to have a season ticket in the back of SAR right on the half way line, and I stood behind him and my grandad for 14 years in the gap between the curve in the seat backs, all for free, as the stewards knew me by then. We experienced every home game for the 14 years, together, Stan, Mancini, Venables, Givens, Mason, Parks, Thomas, Rodney, Leach, McClintock etc.

Shame it looks like he’ll never get back to his beloved Loftus Road now.

Anyway, thank again chaps, your comments and thoughts are helping, and leave me in tears of joy and sadness, if you know what I mean.
Dads survived the night, so there is still hope, and he’s a fighter, but who knows what today will bring.
I thought I was cried out yesterday as I don’t on last nights visit, but as I type this I am being a big girl. Lol

Cheers everyone, I can’t tell you what you all mean to me right now.
Urrrrrrsssssss
Dave

Don't have regrets. You've done tons with your Dad and, more to the point, you're spending loads of time with him now. He'll really appreciate that and it's the biggest gift you can give.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 18:04 - Feb 16 with 2825 viewsDWQPR

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 17:49 - Feb 16 by londonscottish

Don't have regrets. You've done tons with your Dad and, more to the point, you're spending loads of time with him now. He'll really appreciate that and it's the biggest gift you can give.

Dave, sorry to hear about your Dad, stay strong for him, I know it’s hard, it was something we went through four years ago. But at least you are there for him. You have mail from me mate, all recent pictures of HQ both inside and out Day and night. Hope they help. Next time I’m up in Scouseland I’ll give you a shout .

David

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 18:19 - Feb 16 with 2813 viewsTripleR

Have no regrets Dave. You've done all you can. You are certainly there for him now.
If your dad could read the messages that you have posted on this forum, I'm sure he'd be very proud of you.

Its 25 years since my dad past away and there's not been a single day where I haven't thought about him. This brings back so many sad, but as many happy memories. Stay strong. Best wishes.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:44 - Feb 16 with 2729 viewsloneranger1

Would just like to pass on my best wishes, Dave.
Sorry that this is such a difficult time for you - stay strong and treasure the memories.
All the best - Urrrrrrsssssss!
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:58 - Feb 16 with 2718 viewsMrSheen

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 20:44 - Feb 16 by loneranger1

Would just like to pass on my best wishes, Dave.
Sorry that this is such a difficult time for you - stay strong and treasure the memories.
All the best - Urrrrrrsssssss!

Good luck to you both, Dave. I'd give anything for another hour with my Dad. 23 years next Tuesday.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 21:18 - Feb 16 with 2697 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Best wishes to your dad.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 05:09 - Feb 17 with 2625 viewsOnlyMe

I can't claim to be religious but I suppose, with everything being basically just energy and whatnot there must be room to believe in the power of positive thought. So here's to ithinking positve thoughts foryour dad and wishing him well.
Dave.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 08:06 - Feb 17 with 2597 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thinking of you and your Dad. It's touching that you both share the love of the club. Reassure him that we're going to escape relegation again.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 08:59 - Feb 17 with 2566 viewswestberksr

Dave; just read through this and you & your dad are very much in my thoughts.

Nearly lost mine just over a year ago to pneumonia but he's fortunately got through it & I renewed the ST again. I struggle to imagine hq without him moaning about how shit we are!

Always remember that you & Dad saw the best of Rangers! Keeping my fingers crossed for you this weekend mate.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 09:12 - Feb 17 with 2562 viewskingsburyR

Expect some pics from the upper loft Dave later today.

I wasn't sure if I'd renew next year but after this thread and the fact I still with my old man my minds made up.

Stay strong and I'll keep praying for your dad.

Here's to a win today.... You R'ssssssssss

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:33 - Feb 17 with 2513 viewsRangersDave

At dads bedside now, got a good reaction to seeing the pics sent last night, so thank you one and all.
He’s in that state where he’s looking at the ceiling and all around him like a new born, but not understanding what he’s seeing.

Occasionally he’ll come Alert, and I thought a few minutes ago he said, after I gave him some juice, ‘I love you’ to me and to be fair that’s really cracked me up.

I’ve never cried so much, even more than when David Webb missed that penalty.
Cheers for your continuing support chaps.

Dave

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:30 - Feb 17 with 2471 viewsMrSheen

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 10:33 - Feb 17 by RangersDave

At dads bedside now, got a good reaction to seeing the pics sent last night, so thank you one and all.
He’s in that state where he’s looking at the ceiling and all around him like a new born, but not understanding what he’s seeing.

Occasionally he’ll come Alert, and I thought a few minutes ago he said, after I gave him some juice, ‘I love you’ to me and to be fair that’s really cracked me up.

I’ve never cried so much, even more than when David Webb missed that penalty.
Cheers for your continuing support chaps.

Dave

The important thing is to leave on good terms, with nothing to regret. Sounds like you're both there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024