Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? 22:29 - Feb 14 with 32336 viewsRangersDave

Hi guys,
Many of you won’t know my dad, he’s currently on his second internment in Kings Lynn hospital, this year, but this time it’s very serious.
He has fluid on the heart and it’s not draining, so it’s possibly surgery and we’ve been told to expect the worst.

My dads 82 now, lifelong rangers fan, as was his father, and he passed the baton to myself and my son.

Saw all the greats at rangers, went to white city, Wembley 4 times inc the playoff final.

Is registered disabled and hasn’t been to HQ for 18 or so years do to health and costs / transport.

He’s slightly Parkinson’s as well so every thing he says to me is about rangers for about 10 minutes then he’s on again about the same thing for 10 mins etc etc.

Loves the hoops, but I’m afraid (and in tears as I write this) the next couple of days will be his last hurrah. He’s got the last few ‘kick up the rrrrsssss’ by his bedside, and I’m out to see him in hospital tomorrow if he sees the night through.

Not sure what I’ll do without my dad, but for now, i’ll get by. Could I ask that if you can spare a minute, give a thought for him, in hospital. He’s not a religious chap, except when he remembers Stan on the Ball, or Dave Thomas on the wing, and how we cheered when we humbled Cologne in the Eufa cup, and neither am I, but I so want the miracle of another few years with him and will be praying tonight.

Thank you.
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 23:16 - Feb 19 with 2988 viewsnewgolddream

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 19:09 - Feb 19 by RangersDave

Hi everyone,
It’s my deepest regret to tell you that at 6.40 this evening in Kings Lynn hospital with me stroking his brow, my father, and lifelong QPR fan died peacefully.

I’ve cried buckets in the last 20 minutes as I informed the family, but strangely enough, I have a calm inner peace going on, knowing that all my friends out there in QPR land have helped and guided me this last week.

My dad had the last laugh though, I looked away for a moment, and sudden;y became aware of the quiet in the room. I turned and looked at him but he had gone.......so I called his name, and that last synapse of energy sparked and he gasped a moaning last breath almost 60 seconds after his ‘first’ last breath. Typical of the joker and made me smile and actually broke my mood.

Rangers have gained another fan star upstairs tonight.
You guys on the other hand have, despite our sometimes disagreeing on stuff, gained a lifelong friend in me.

Goodbye dad, I love you, thank you for my life and your love and friendship.
Hello mates, I love you too, thank you for your support.

Dave

Sorry for your loss mate. Will light a candle for him. May he rest in peace.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 00:02 - Feb 20 with 2960 viewsLythamR

R.I.P Daves Dad

Sincere Condolences Dave, I can't fully appreciate what you have been going through, that experience with a parent still lies in my future but I hope when the inevitable time arrives I am able to cope with it with the same dignity and honesty that that you have managed here

I have always had a generally positive feeling about the empathy and compassion of true QPR supporters and this thread has only strengthened that belief
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 00:30 - Feb 20 with 2949 viewsessextaxiboy

Today was the worst day , the funeral wont be much better .Then every day after that will get easier , keep busy and cut yourself some slack .. Farewell to a Rangers fan , hopefully one was born somewhere today . Salute to LFW one and all ..
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 07:45 - Feb 20 with 2872 viewsPhildo

Choking back a tear when reading the update Dave. 35 years since my Dad passed away but I know he is still here inside me and I see him in the face of my children everyday. RIP
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 08:20 - Feb 20 with 2846 viewsdavman

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 19:09 - Feb 19 by RangersDave

Hi everyone,
It’s my deepest regret to tell you that at 6.40 this evening in Kings Lynn hospital with me stroking his brow, my father, and lifelong QPR fan died peacefully.

I’ve cried buckets in the last 20 minutes as I informed the family, but strangely enough, I have a calm inner peace going on, knowing that all my friends out there in QPR land have helped and guided me this last week.

My dad had the last laugh though, I looked away for a moment, and sudden;y became aware of the quiet in the room. I turned and looked at him but he had gone.......so I called his name, and that last synapse of energy sparked and he gasped a moaning last breath almost 60 seconds after his ‘first’ last breath. Typical of the joker and made me smile and actually broke my mood.

You guys on the other hand have, despite our sometimes disagreeing on stuff, gained a lifelong friend in me.

Dave

So sad.

Condolences mate.

Gallows Humour usually takes over albeit briefly. When mum went a few years back, we (me, dad and brother) left to go to the funeral parlour to get things moving and on coming home, where mum lay in peace, brother said, "don't worry, mum, for once, you just stay there, no need to get up".

It don't get much easier in my experience, but you focus on it less as time goes by. I still find myself thinking: "I'd better 'phone mum as I haven't spoken for a while"...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 08:37 - Feb 20 with 2831 viewspaulparker

Sincere condolences Dave ,
just remember people only die when you forget about them and your dad wont be forgotten im pretty sure of that
it was in the Stars we would get a home win and clean sheet for your Dad that's what QPR do to you, I don't care what anyone says we are a special club, with special fans ,
its a brotherhood following this mob

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 09:00 - Feb 20 with 2807 viewsRs_Holy

Hi everyone,

Dave

Deepest condolances Dave,

It sounds like your Dad was a real character and brought a lot of fun to peoples lives.

You can be super talented, incredibly good looking, mega-rich but in my humble opinion the ability to make people laugh and brighten up lives is the best gift of all.

RIP Daves Dad
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 09:29 - Feb 20 with 2777 viewsSimonJames

Deepest condolences for your sad loss. I hope you and your family find peace and strength during this tough time.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:56 - Feb 20 with 2707 viewsMoonshineSteve

Condolences Dave.

RIP Dad.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 12:17 - Feb 20 with 2679 viewswestberksr

sincere condolences Dave & RIP to your father.

very moved by your honesty on here and the typical response of the 'family'

as much as you will miss him,hopefully you will be able to recall the happy memories in the fullness of time and know that you were there with Dad when he needed you.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 12:29 - Feb 20 with 2673 viewsMytch_QPR

Hi Dave,
Really just echoing what the other posters have written - remember all of the good times, stay strong.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 12:54 - Feb 20 with 2645 viewsJuzzie

RIP Dave. I too echo the thoughts on here and indeed the fact that the more it hurts it shows the better the man he was.

Glad QPR gave him a resounding send off with a nice 2-0 win.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 12:57 - Feb 20 with 2634 viewsR_from_afar

So sorry to hear your sad news, Dave, my sincerest condolences. You, your dad and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Try to focus on all the good times you had together.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 12:59 - Feb 20 with 2631 viewsYorkRanger

Deepest condolences Dave.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 13:13 - Feb 20 with 2621 viewsMancR

Ditto to the thoughtful and caring responses from this amazing board.
Every best wish and Rs man hug to you and your family Dave
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 13:37 - Feb 20 with 2590 viewsBrixtonR

Condolences and sympathies to you and your family

Rob
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 13:55 - Feb 20 with 2576 viewsheadhoops

Sincere condolences Dave,
all my best to you and your family.
David.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 14:50 - Feb 20 with 2539 viewsMick_S

Remember all the simple good times, Dave.
Respect.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 16:57 - Feb 20 with 2480 viewsPinnerPaul

Anything I write won't be 'right' but just wanted to say sincere condolences Dave.

As I said on another thread, no one really gets over losing their Dad (Nor should they), mine went 4 years ago, and I'm in tears again writing this.

However, in with the sadness, the happy memories come to the fore as time goes by.

All the best to you and your family at this difficult time.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 19:44 - Feb 20 with 2414 viewsRangersDave

Hi everyone,
Hope now, i had to as i missed my own bed and the home environment, especially after the rather fraught week.

Been rather numb at times today, a few tears again, but quite a serene day overall.
Dads at rest and i thank you all, each and every one for your messages here, private messages and photographs of HQ, you helped me more than i can ever explain to you. Your the best.

So i shall box this off now, as he's passed, and post a picture, taken by my son, of my father, who, thanks to another wonderful person on this forum, attended the playoff final at Wembley, for my dad, his last Wembley match, for my son, his first. Ironically, i had advanced booked a weekend in Rome and couldn't attend but made sure they could, and i am, as this photograph was taken, somewhere over North London in the stack into Heathrow.

It's a perfect memory of Dad in better times on a day that turned out so well for 'Our' team.

Cheers and thanks again. Love to you all.
Dave

Urrrrrrrrssssssssssss
<a data-flickr-embed="true" href=" https://www.flickr.com/photos/133333752@N03/38575762910/in/dateposted-public/" title="20140524_175345">https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4648/38575762910_f5b576c8e8_b.jpg" width="1024" height="768" alt="20140524_175345"></a><script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 19:44]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 19:54 - Feb 20 with 2403 views2Thomas2Bowles

Lovely photo

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:52 - Feb 20 with 2333 viewsdigswellhoop

HI im just going through the same sort of thing my thoughts are with you and yours PLEASE BE BRAVE WE ARE ALL WITH YOU
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 22:57 - Feb 20 with 2326 viewsdistortR

Mate, just read this, raising a glass to you both now.
A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 23:32 - Feb 20 with 2302 viewsbosh67

So sorry to hear your news. Love and thoughts for you and your family.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A prayer for my father if you have a minute please? on 11:21 - Feb 21 with 2193 viewsStevenageRanger

So sorry for your loss Dave. This thread, your updates and then the inevitable news that your dear Dad had passed really brought a lump to my throat.

Thanks for posting and keep strong.

Its threads and comments like I see here that remind me that our QPR family are something special.

RIP Daves Dad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024