Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players you were gutted to see leave 23:24 - Feb 17 with 10065 viewsFDC

Which players were you most disappointed to see leave the club?

Growing up, Sinton and Ferdinand were the players that broke my heart when they left. But in recent times Routledge is the one I was most gutted to see leave. He's the kind of player I just love to watch -- pacey, tricksy winger that whips balls in. And he left in a weird way, with no fanfare.

Players you were gutted to see leave on 10:38 - Feb 18 with 2083 viewsTacticalR

Players you were gutted to see leave on 10:15 - Feb 18 by LongsufferingR

Paul Goddard.

Was more gutted by that than Clive Allen at the time.

Selling Goddard completely floored me. It felt like we had sold our future.

Air hostess clique

Players you were gutted to see leave on 10:50 - Feb 18 with 2062 viewscyprusmel

Kevin Gallen in 2000 to Huddersfield.
Players you were gutted to see leave on 11:25 - Feb 18 with 2035 viewsSnipper

All of the above in the other threads, especially Phil Parkes and Dave Thomas. Clive Wilson and David Bardsley run them close. They could’ve been England’s full backs, but coz they played for little ‘ol fashioned QPR, they wasn’t on the radar. I know Stuart Pearce was around, but Clive Wilson should’ve been his back up. Bardsley should’ve been England’s first choice right back. Fúcking criminal that they wasn’t.
Routledge was on loan, so not overly bothered with that one tbh.

Back in the dark days of the early 2000s, I was gutted when Aziz Ben Askar and Alex Bonnot left. ABA left coz his wife couldn’t settle. He’d have been a cult player for years if he’d stayed.
Players you were gutted to see leave on 11:51 - Feb 18 with 2015 viewsMrSheen

Gino and Wegerle
Players you were gutted to see leave on 12:09 - Feb 18 with 2001 viewsrbsranger

Of all the replies above I think 2 in my lifetime have been era-changing:
1. Terry Venables (when he was manager) to Barcelona. That team that went to the Cup Final followed by storming the 2nd division followed by qualifying for Europe was a great team. Instead we got Mullery and the Partizan Belgrade debacle (listen to the way Peter Hucker talks about that night on one of the old podcast episodes).
2. Sir Les - one more year in the young Premier League and we would have been financially set for a generation but we couldn't hold on to Les, Wilkins was not good enough as manager and we ended up trying to survive with 2 young strikers. With Les next to him I am sure Gallen could have fulfilled real potential
Players you were gutted to see leave on 12:13 - Feb 18 with 1990 viewsenfieldargh

loved Gary Bannister

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Players you were gutted to see leave on 12:36 - Feb 18 with 1969 viewsMonahoop

Bowles, Francis, Thomas and Parkes when I was younger. Nearly cried when they left the club knowing I would never see the likes of their talents again at there club. Lots of great players have come and gone since them, but none have drawn the same disappointment on their departures to me as those four.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Players you were gutted to see leave on 14:58 - Feb 18 with 1892 viewsterryb

I'm another one that was completely gutted by the sale of Paul Goddard. Clive Allen you could understand that we couldn't turn down the money, but why sell Goddard? Why? Why? Why?

I also was far from happy with the sale of Frank Clarke to Ipswich shortly after the FA Cup 6th round defeat in 1970.
Login to get fewer ads

Players you were gutted to see leave on 15:59 - Feb 18 with 1819 viewslongbottom

Players you were gutted to see leave on 14:58 - Feb 18 by terryb

I'm another one that was completely gutted by the sale of Paul Goddard. Clive Allen you could understand that we couldn't turn down the money, but why sell Goddard? Why? Why? Why?

I also was far from happy with the sale of Frank Clarke to Ipswich shortly after the FA Cup 6th round defeat in 1970.

I was also disappointed when Frank Clarke was sold. As a lad I was shocked when Johnny Collins was let go. He was a big favourite of mine.
Players you were gutted to see leave on 17:07 - Feb 18 with 1785 viewsngbqpr

It's the unexpected ones (Parkes, Goddard) and the $hit deals (Sinclair, Austin) that upset me the most...of course I hated seeing Stan, Les, Parker etc leave, but you knew it was coming

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Players you were gutted to see leave on 17:39 - Feb 18 with 1758 viewsdubaistu

Ned Zelic
Players you were gutted to see leave on 17:54 - Feb 18 with 1748 viewsrobith

Players you were gutted to see leave on 02:03 - Feb 18 by Jigsore

i understood completely why we had to sell Austin and I have no issue with how we did it. but £4m crikey, a couple of years later and the transfer market would have inflated so much so you could see him for £20m, even on the last year of his contract, and Premier League club stil wouldn't have thought twice. terribly unlucky timing.

I guess the issue was Charlie was determined to leave (i believe Leicester bid £14m for him at the beginning of the season but he didn't want to go - could be making that up though), he was almost out of contract and there was only really one destination he was going ot. Perfect storm of bobbins for us
Players you were gutted to see leave on 18:24 - Feb 18 with 1723 views2Thomas2Bowles

CA Just 17 appearances since he left. maybe not such a great loss.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Players you were gutted to see leave on 18:34 - Feb 18 with 1714 viewsloftboy

Gary Bannister for me.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Players you were gutted to see leave on 19:09 - Feb 18 with 1688 viewsCiderwithRsie

Players you were gutted to see leave on 23:52 - Feb 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

Yeah agree about your 3 choices. I'd chuck Paul Parker in with that lot. David Bardsley is probably my favourite all time player. Can't remember him arriving or leaving.

Nor could many opposing wingers; the ball was just no longer there.
Players you were gutted to see leave on 19:13 - Feb 18 with 1684 viewsCiderwithRsie

Players you were gutted to see leave on 07:55 - Feb 18 by davman

Les, Simon Stainrod and Macca.

Ah, Simon Stainrod, I was just the right age to be gutted when he left and he felt like he should have had years more to give us. Ian Stewart too. (Pill sweetened by Johnny Byrne, of course.)
Players you were gutted to see leave on 19:19 - Feb 18 with 1675 viewskomradkirk

Sir Les for me

Paul Goddard I missed badly as well
Players you were gutted to see leave on 21:17 - Feb 18 with 1603 viewsNorthLondonR

There was an inevitability to Les leaving so was mentally prepared but I found out that Cluve Wilson had joined Spuds by someone during a PE lesson and was absolutely gutted.

Derry and ale leaving were sad times
Players you were gutted to see leave on 21:32 - Feb 18 with 1586 viewsconnell10

Stan Bowles i was gutted when he left for Forest!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Players you were gutted to see leave on 21:53 - Feb 18 with 1566 viewsHendonHoop

Rodney Marsh
Dave Clement
Kenny Sansom
Ian Evans
Terry Mancini

To name just a few.
Players you were gutted to see leave on 00:14 - Feb 19 with 1507 viewsBluce_Ree

Sinclair. Not because of the player but because of the terrible deal we got.

Austin too. Same reasons.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Players you were gutted to see leave on 00:15 - Feb 19 with 1508 viewsNortholt_Rs

Players you were gutted to see leave on 18:24 - Feb 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

CA Just 17 appearances since he left. maybe not such a great loss.

Not so much about Chazza leaving for me and more about what we did with the money we got for selling him...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Players you were gutted to see leave on 03:44 - Feb 19 with 1475 viewshubble

Mark Kennedy. Yeah, I know he was on loan, but I was still gutted to see him leave. A swashbuckling cameo that left us wanting more.
Players you were gutted to see leave on 04:03 - Feb 19 with 1471 viewsisawqpratwcity

Players you were gutted to see leave on 03:44 - Feb 19 by hubble

Mark Kennedy. Yeah, I know he was on loan, but I was still gutted to see him leave. A swashbuckling cameo that left us wanting more.

Kyle Walker, similar circumstances.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Players you were gutted to see leave on 07:59 - Feb 19 with 1422 viewsdaveB

Players you were gutted to see leave on 06:52 - Feb 18 by ozexile

Devestated by Parker leaving. I couldn't understand why he wanted to go.

Actually too many players to mention here but I'll give you Quashie. When he first broke through he was an awesome player. Had Gullit in his pocket in a cup game at home. He just never kicked on.

There was a thing on either Sky recently about best young players who never achieved all they could and Quashie was mentioned by Jamie Carragher as being a brilliant youth team player with England who had everything but never kicked on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024