Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tommy Nintendo revealed... 16:17 - Feb 19 with 10006 viewshubble

Just been clearing out some old stuff from the attic and I've found a copy of AKUTRs from May 1999 in which the identity of Tommy Nintendo is revealed. I'm sure plenty of you who were around on the old dot org remember that saga. Funny to read it now after so long. The revelation is underwhelming. Some bloke I'd never heard of at the time, although the key fact is that he was, briefly, an executive director of QPR...

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 12:50 - Feb 20 with 3347 viewsmakaveli1882

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:38 - Feb 20 by Northernr

The thing about these incidents is that to somebody not involved looking in, it all looks pretty innocuous. I mean, 'I sat behind Dave at Bradford and he celebrated the third goal and made a joke with a northern guy' doesn't really mean anything to anybody does it? So what? But the constant drip drip drip of it can be absolutely soul destroying. There's a particular Twitter account doing something similar to me at the moment and you can block them and you can mute them but they're still there, drip drip drip, sitting behind you at matches, Tweeting about what you're wearing and how you're behaving. It's unsettling, and weird, and we're all meant to be QPR fans!

That's just Neil.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 14:05 - Feb 20 with 3274 viewsJuzzie

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:38 - Feb 20 by Northernr

The thing about these incidents is that to somebody not involved looking in, it all looks pretty innocuous. I mean, 'I sat behind Dave at Bradford and he celebrated the third goal and made a joke with a northern guy' doesn't really mean anything to anybody does it? So what? But the constant drip drip drip of it can be absolutely soul destroying. There's a particular Twitter account doing something similar to me at the moment and you can block them and you can mute them but they're still there, drip drip drip, sitting behind you at matches, Tweeting about what you're wearing and how you're behaving. It's unsettling, and weird, and we're all meant to be QPR fans!

The thing is with these people who seem to take it upon themselves to question, criticise etc people who run website or edit magazines...... here's an idea, if you have such an issue with it why don't YOU run your own website or edit, print, publish, distribute & sell a magazine. Let's see how easy it is then.

Oh, you won't will you because you're a pathetic weak person that finds it easier to destroy than to build.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 14:21 - Feb 20 with 3258 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:37 - Feb 20 by isawqpratwcity

All this is news to me, but really interesting!

Do we have the later editions with the rest of this story?

A full write up in one of the AKUTR's towards the end of last season, can't remember which.

Support Dave and AKUTR's by asking him to bring down a few copies on Saturday and let you buy one.

http://www.akutrs.com/

That's if he has any left.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 14:39 - Feb 20 with 3230 viewsstevec

I'm a little confused.

I take it this has nothing to do with that Terry Cinzano who was probably around the same time?
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 14:58 - Feb 20 with 3213 viewsDixie_CT

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 14:39 - Feb 20 by stevec

I'm a little confused.

I take it this has nothing to do with that Terry Cinzano who was probably around the same time?

I thought Terry Cinzano was Tony Incenzo?

As a teenager I remember following the Tommy Nintendo saga with morbid fascination not thinking about the personal cost to those involved.

Used to love Kick up the R's but for some reason stopped buying it. Think I started getting my fix from Dot.org then here. I must get a copy on Saturday.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 15:08 - Feb 20 with 3180 viewsstevec

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 14:58 - Feb 20 by Dixie_CT

I thought Terry Cinzano was Tony Incenzo?

As a teenager I remember following the Tommy Nintendo saga with morbid fascination not thinking about the personal cost to those involved.

Used to love Kick up the R's but for some reason stopped buying it. Think I started getting my fix from Dot.org then here. I must get a copy on Saturday.

That rings a bell now you mention it.

I had started to wonder if the 'Guns in the boardroom' mafia style shoot out with Paladini had been orchestrated by Cinzano, Incenzo and Nintendo.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 15:39 - Feb 20 with 3144 viewsTonto

Tony Cinzano was a pi$h take of Tony incenzo. They were not the same person.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 15:46 - Feb 20 with 3130 viewsthame_hoops

In a nutshell how exactly did they track tommy Nintendo down?
Login to get fewer ads

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 15:55 - Feb 20 with 3112 viewsrobith

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 12:47 - Feb 20 by Juzzie

About 25 years ago something on a much smaller scale happened to me and it was indeed very uncomfortable to say the least.

Out of nowhere things started to turn up for me at work. Books, porcelain figurines etc. The ones that were advertised in the glossy magazines from a Sunday newspaper. The ones where you get sent the first one free then you start having to pay for the rest if you don't send it back.

I kept having to contact these companies in order to send them back and to tell them not to accept any order in my name at that address.

Eventually it stopped. I had no idea who it was but was very certain it was a work colleague who was a bit odd. Not that I had done anything to warrant it.

In my previous flat in Stamford Hill, one day we started getting hate mail letters to the flat. Bizarre incoherent letters, newspaper cuttings about serial killers, all posted from Essex.

Informed the police who were as helpful as they cold be whilst pointing out there wasn't much they could do about it as there weren't specific threats. Made life a bit strange cos we lived in a basement flat right on the street so in our living room we'd see everyone walking past. They always seemed to be phased just far enough apart that we'd forgotten about them. Your stomach would just drop when you saw one on the mat.

Anyway, it transpired they were actually being aimed at the Jewish old folks home at the bottom of our road. Which was much worse. They think it was part of some cell out there who kept coming in and slashing the tyres of the people carriers that were very popular with the orthodox community there and painting swastikas on people's houses. Horrid times
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 16:53 - Feb 20 with 3043 viewssmegma

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 15:39 - Feb 20 by Tonto

Tony Cinzano was a pi$h take of Tony incenzo. They were not the same person.

Erm, Terry Cinzano was.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 16:57 - Feb 20 with 3032 viewsEsox_Lucius

I have sent Dave a message regarding the back issues, I will let you know the score when he replies.

*edit. I spoke on the phone to him and he doesn't think he has any that far back but he will have a look.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 17:34]

The grass is always greener.

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 17:06 - Feb 20 with 3021 viewsDorse

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 12:47 - Feb 20 by Juzzie

About 25 years ago something on a much smaller scale happened to me and it was indeed very uncomfortable to say the least.

Out of nowhere things started to turn up for me at work. Books, porcelain figurines etc. The ones that were advertised in the glossy magazines from a Sunday newspaper. The ones where you get sent the first one free then you start having to pay for the rest if you don't send it back.

I kept having to contact these companies in order to send them back and to tell them not to accept any order in my name at that address.

Eventually it stopped. I had no idea who it was but was very certain it was a work colleague who was a bit odd. Not that I had done anything to warrant it.

I signed a mate up for a load of wig catalogues when he started to take the piss out of my own hairline's retreat to a more defensible position.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 17:16 - Feb 20 with 3003 viewssmegma

After 30 years I have every copy of AKUTRs.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 18:30 - Feb 20 with 2924 viewsstevec

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 16:53 - Feb 20 by smegma

Erm, Terry Cinzano was.

That's what I thought.

So who is Tony Cinzano? His brother I guess.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 19:34 - Feb 20 with 2871 viewsBoston

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 18:30 - Feb 20 by stevec

That's what I thought.

They’re a weird cocktail.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 19:35 - Feb 20 with 2869 viewsBoston

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 07:22 - Feb 20 by WrightUp5hit___

Oakley is a really nasty SOB. He behaved atrociously towards the office staff, in particular towards the PR guy who's name escapes me at the moment.

Matt Devlin.

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 22:13 - Feb 20 with 2804 viewssmegma

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 19:35 - Feb 20 by Boston

Matt Devlin.

Do you mean Mark Devlin, now CEO at Brentford???
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 22:24 - Feb 20 with 2784 viewsLythamR

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 22:13 - Feb 20 by smegma

Do you mean Mark Devlin, now CEO at Brentford???

May have been thinking of Billy Rice
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 22:32 - Feb 20 with 2769 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Way before then, Phil Harris
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 09:18 - Feb 21 with 2602 viewsTonto

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 18:30 - Feb 20 by stevec

That's what I thought.

Did I mis-read? - Tony Cinzano was a "column writer" in one of the fanzines... I thought it was AKUTRs which used the same excitable language as Incenzo. Please don't tell me my memory is going...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:03 - Feb 21 with 2569 viewssmegma

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 09:18 - Feb 21 by Tonto

Did I mis-read? - Tony Cinzano was a "column writer" in one of the fanzines... I thought it was AKUTRs which used the same excitable language as Incenzo. Please don't tell me my memory is going...

Tony Incenzo is a radio reporter for Talksport and covers all QPR games. A QPR fanatic in fact.

Terry Cinzano was a spoof cartoon in AKUTRs based on Incenzos latest ramblings in print and on the wireless. He used to write articles in the Shepherds Bush Gazette and the programme at that time.
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 13:12 - Feb 21 with 2466 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 10:03 - Feb 21 by smegma

Tony Incenzo is a radio reporter for Talksport and covers all QPR games. A QPR fanatic in fact.

Terry Cinzano was a spoof cartoon in AKUTRs based on Incenzos latest ramblings in print and on the wireless. He used to write articles in the Shepherds Bush Gazette and the programme at that time.

Incenzo is a QPR supporter in the manner of El Shafee Elsheikh

Fanatical supporter, not a particularly nice human being
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 15:07 - Feb 21 with 2362 viewsBoston

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 13:12 - Feb 21 by WrightUp5hit___

Really, was an ok bloke back in the day? We dropped him off at East Finchley a couple of times, he seemed fine, touch nerdy but hey.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 15:08]

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 17:53 - Apr 21 with 1249 viewsTGRRRSSS

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 13:12 - Feb 21 by WrightUp5hit___

Not a huge surprise
Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 19:08 - Apr 21 with 1177 viewsLunarJetman

Tommy Nintendo revealed... on 17:53 - Apr 21 by TGRRRSSS

Not a huge surprise

There are two things I remember about Tony Incenzo.

1). Waiting for a match report from him on Capital Gold that was usually ages after full time, particularly when we were away, only for him to basically give you the scorers and some flowery words that I gave me no more detail than I had already found out on Ceefax.

2). Phoning Rangers Club Call to have him string out the latest transfer news for 10 minutes by either repeating a load of old nonsense or “stay on the line for the latest exciting news from Rangers” only to find out that his stop the press, hot news was some player stubbing their toe but they’d still be fit for Saturday...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024